IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: jester iv.2618

jester iv.2618

hey guys so i have been in tc for a really long time and after the server linking its the same as before bg domintaing most of the maps. we have a minimum amount of good guilds that raid. most of them left and its like for 4 hours with us raiding with a random tag and then its empty for the other 5 . and sea time its just dead.

shouldnt anet have linked tc with another server?

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

From what I understand, TC is facing burnout and a substantial amount of their population never wanted to be T1 in the first place so those players are probally not raiding in the wake of lopsided matchups that leave them firmly in last place. ( first BG steamrolling, then mag, then back to BG)
I would have liked to see TC with a link….. you might get a break in t2 though if JQ comes up to T1 this week and that should let your server reorganise itself.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’m not so bold as to say that TC doesn’t want/deserve to be in T1 but I did get the distinct feeling while on TC that they didn’t really enjoy the stacking mentality that the other two T1 servers seem to have picked up.

Maybe the pop cap changes will address that.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

IMHO, WvW has allot of players that will log on and play if its a good fight, or your doing the karma train.

If you server is getting steam rolled, and its nothing but huge blob wars all the time, them allot of them will simply log out, and go play something else.

I know when my server faced off against another that had us out maned 3 or 4 to 1, I simply logged out, and played something else. Facing them kind of numbers just makes the game no fun to play. No point in trying to take anything, cause the blob is just gonna show up and steam roll ya.

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Aphs.9528

Aphs.9528

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Hello everyone,

Our goal with World Linking is good matches. This doesn’t necessarily mean that worlds in tier 4 are intended to be competitive with worlds in tier 1, but ideally every world in tier 4 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 4 and likewise every world in tier 1 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 1.

This is what Anet told us few months ago and this week they gave TC the finger and possibly JQ if they roll tier 1 .

Ranger -Little Prince

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: mrjediconsular.4396

mrjediconsular.4396

yes tc is tierd of t1 blobs when we dont have a chance against the number take mag+link for weeks they had smc fully tierd 3 and trebing us all the time because bg took a break thats what burned out alot of people with the links gone tc has a chance to do things again to do things. give it a few more days and more people will be on most likely

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Funny, TC players complaining of facing blobs that are 2x-4x greater but when they do the same to T2 it’s all good.

Why is WvW only fun when you outnumber or out coverage the opponent?

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

Funny, TC players complaining of facing blobs that are 2x-4x greater but when they do the same to T2 it’s all good.

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They’ve lost some big guilds that had a presence, they’ve gained some guilds but I don’t know if it was enough to fill in the gaps. Not sure I would say a massive amount of their population never wanted to be in tier 1, they’ve been there for like 3 years now, think those players would have left long ago. But I’m sure there’s players tired of being the 3rd or 4th wheel of tier 1 by now.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

The problem is that the linking system doesn’t take in account the number of people in a server that play WvW. It’s based on total server population of a server. TC is not a dominant WvW server like BG or Maguuma.TC is a PvE and RP dominant server and has been for some time. Because of this it’s hard to keep WvW guilds in TC. Compared to other servers TC has very few guilds primarily playing WvW in relation to it’s total server population.
I can’t say that this is a problem for other people but I don’t like big blobs not because of the challenge, but because my internet connection ( 1 Mbs) won’t handle it. I find this to ,especially be, a problem in tier1 a majority of the time. Tier 2 doesn’t normally present a problem.

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The problem is that the linking system doesn’t take in account the number of people in a server that play WvW. It’s based on total server population of a server.

Why do people keep repeating this incorrect info? World population is derived from WvW activity. Accounts that don’t play WvW don’t count unless they suddenly start becoming active.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Population-Changes-Are-Coming/first#post5315121

“we have developed a better model that exclusively uses WvW data to determine population levels”

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

TC isn’t that far behind Maguuma in score.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Population-Changes-Are-Coming/first#post5315121

“we have developed a better model that exclusively uses WvW data to determine population levels”

Working as intended?

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Why is WvW only fun when you outnumber or out coverage the opponent?

If you’re in a pug zerg I think the above question is valid, but in a guild group face-rolling gets boring pretty fast for most. Unless you’re salty about the opponent lol, and there is a lot of salt in wvw.

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

T5 EU > T1 NA

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

I’m not so bold as to say that TC doesn’t want/deserve to be in T1 but I did get the distinct feeling while on TC that they didn’t really enjoy the stacking mentality that the other two T1 servers seem to have picked up.

I find this statement funny becuase sooo many people became “bold” to say just that when dragonbrand hit T1

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I moved to TC solely to be in T2. Since the T1 push it’s mostly been unfun and overly-straining on a lot of leadership.

We’re not stacked enough to be competitive in T1, and prior to the stacking we did get, we were a perfect fit for T2 trading first/second place with a few servers.

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

that’s because you’ve bought into the stereotype. tc has been just as aggressive in trying to stack itself as other t1 servers.

IS TC WVW SERVER DYING?

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We’re going to go ahead and close this thread, as match-up threads are not permitted on the forums.