Idea: Commander day!

in WvW

Posted by: Seemore Bunz.7345

Seemore Bunz.7345

We have been noticing that the commander icon has become more of an endangered species as of late and since ANET enjoys creating PVE and holiday events, why not have an Commander Day Event!? People in WvW and PVE all have purchased this tag and put a lot of resources into leading groups to victory and Anet has yet to improve the commander system be either through reward or functionality (for the time being).

So while ANET is working on this, Why not create an Ingame holiday to Thank/celebrate with those who have purchased a Commander Tag? This would be welcomed in all of the WvW and PvE communities (AFTER SEASON 2) and would be a way of tipping our caps to those who have lead us through thick and thin! People would be more inclined to USE their tags as well as to help make the Whole of GW2 more interesting!!!!

Every Commander has given something to this game! Isn’t it time we give a little back to them?

So please lets show ANET this and hope that we can have this happen!!!

Please post any Ideas in relation to this down below as it is meant to grab the Devs Attention and to give them ideas as well!!!

Bilbo the Great
Guild Leader of the EU guild [PAIN]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Some commanders have given me nothing but pain. No thanks.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Well tag up then.

in WvW

Seemore Bunz.7345

True, but you have to be aware that not every knife in the drawer is as sharp as the next. Every great commander you have run with started off not really knowing a whole lot and the only true way of becoming a solid commander (for both WvW and PvE) is through trial and error. Practice and Patience. It isn’t an overnight change and I believe most of the GW2 community can agree upon that. But to say that this is a bad idea because of some inexperience commanders isn’t really fair to the other hundreds of commanders that go hard everyday. And this is merely suggested to get ideas floating about this idea.

Bilbo the Great
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Just make commander icon’s account wide, and let us choose our colors so that we can command more efficiently. This way multiple commanders can coordinate their efforts with minimal confusion.

in WvW

Seemore Bunz.7345

Just make commander icon’s account wide, and let us choose our colors so that we can command more efficiently. This way multiple commanders can coordinate their efforts with minimal confusion.

While I too would like to see that, this thread was just a thought of creating say a 1 day Event in LA to thank and celebrate with those who have led us to victory. Obviously it will take ANET some time to change the Commander System, but can’t we at least get an appreciation event in the meanwhile? Just pitching ideas to ANet to keep GW2 active and to help reestablish better commander-follower relations

Bilbo the Great
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Valid point Seemore….. It’s just to bad Anet does not see the basic logic in fixing the commander system to be a more logical, and efficient system.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

Post derailed guys. If I understood OP the point is to celebrate commander appreciation day. We should set a date and all. Lets see that gw2 community shine.

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.