Idea: Resourcefulness Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Here’s my idea for another mastery to spend those wvw points:

Resourcefulness Mastery

1 – Gain swiftness from harvesting plants.
3 – 30% chance of getting supply from logging & mining.
5 – 30% chance of getting supply from looting players & caravans.
12 – Renew weapon buff duration when harvesting plants.
30 – 60% chance of getting supply from logging & mining.
60 – 60% chance of getting supply from looting players & caravan dolyaks.
100 – Renew food buff duration when harvesting plants.
150 – 100% chance of getting supply from logging, mining, looting players & looting caravan dolyaks.

Thoughts, anyone?

in WvW

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Hmm, guess the idea isn’t taking… I thought this might be something handy for havoc groups and solo roamers, expanding their capabilities and allowing them to utilize siege more efficiently than having to keep running for supplies.

Still looking for thoughts on it, but if it slips off the front page again so be it.

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

I love the idea.

Maybe its not grabbing everyone’s attention because its not massively earth shatteringly game changing but it seems cool to me for sure. I almost think what would make it a bit more intriguing is if this coupled with the increased sup hold trait thing. So like take your 150 points and scale it instead so that per a couple of those ticks you also get to hold +1 more supply.

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I lol’d at the first one, gain swiftness from harvesting plants. I can picture a zerg stopping at every plant to get swiftness.

I think the supply gain though would be too powerful. Too easy for zergs to get supply. Unless it was only operable when your team is losing or the outmanned buff was up – now there’s a thought. Make it part of the outmanned buff.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I do support more WvW abilities since you can max out and since they made the WxP account bound versus per toon. That said the gain supply ability might be to OP and might kill the importance of supply camps. Now the idea of tieing harvesting materials and supply together though is interesting. Image that to create 1 unit of supply you would need to combine ‘x’ amounts of mats together and a new special WvW compound. With one level of the trait you learn how to combine, with another level of the trait you have a low chance (1%) to receive the compound when harvesting in WvW. Additional levels would allow increased chance of harvesting and therefore more chances. Higher levels might increase the percentage. I would still cap that at 3% or so though. The compound shouldn’t be bound, but should be somewhat rare. Now this creates new traits for WvW, new tactics, a new economical item for the TP, and a way to reduce global supplies of materials. ANet could further make varied formulas that require different amounts and mixes of supply to help regulate in game supplies of mats in the future. Just a twist on the thought. Have enjoyed other games that tied the harvesting materials into consumable items for the war effort. Still wouldn’t mind the option to build different types of ammo for the siege weapons as well, but that’s a different topic.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.