[Idea] Systematic letting players to join

in WvW

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

Hello!
It looks like I’ve got another idea, which could improve our WvW.
As many of u know, We’ve got some people, who dont like when they’re smashed in WvWvW by big groups of people, e.g. when server (a) have 50 of people on border, but then server (b) comes with 100 – or even more – and smash them, and takes every each point on the border.

I am also one of those people. I’ll write here about the situation from a few days before:
Our – not that big – group was playing on the border, it was like… around 15 of people, and it was really great, but +- after 2 hours zerg came (3/4x more people than us), and sadly we could not do anything.

What is my solution to this problem?
Its simple! Why not reduce the amount of people on the border? I mean, when server (a) have 10 people on the border, then let server (b), and © to join only 15/20 of people (or smt like that) – not more! And then, when server (a) gain some people, then let other servers to join more too :> Just add a little lock, which lets people join WvW in the systematic way Equally on each border, which would be very fair, and IMO could improve a lot in WvWvW mode.

What do you think?

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

(edited by Xar.1387)

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

And then you leave the map and no one can enter, great defensive feature

in WvW

Xar.1387

Hm, why? If I’ll leave a border, then I’ll make a slot for other people, and they can join :> That’s all. And yeah – if some people from server (a) will leave a border, while there will be still 50 of people from server (b), then it will be blocked for people from server (b), cause they’ve got alot of people on the border. Why system should let them join more people, while there’s no enough enemies? This is weird.

I’m writing here just about allow people to join a border gradually.
Then every border will be filled gradually, evenly on each server
While now 100+ people can join in a moment, and smash everything that moves (and after that jump on the next border…) :|
Regardless of how many people are on a hostile server.

A simple thing, and how much could it change.

RolePlay/PvP/Raid

(edited by Xar.1387)

in WvW

SpehssMehreen.5897

Hm, why? If I’ll leave a border, then I’ll make a slot for other people, and they can join :> That’s all. And yeah – if some people from server (a) will leave a border, while there will be still 50 of people from server (b), then it will be blocked for people from server (b), cause they’ve got alot of people on the border. Why system should let them join more people, while there’s no enough enemies? This is weird.

I’m writing here just about allow people to join a border gradually.
Then every border will be filled gradually, evenly on each server
While now 100+ people can join in a moment, and smash everything that moves (and after that jump on the next border…) :|
Regardless of how many people are on a hostile server.

A simple thing, and how much could it change.

youve not only oversimplified it but youve also made many false assumptions, people are not water that will gradually flow into whatever you manipulate, you system is also very open to abuse, what if one server decides to log off a map? should the other servers players be kicked out til it reaches the number you arbitrarily set up? or should the other servers players simply go afk in wvw knowing they wont be able to get back in.

what about servers that can fill 2 maps at a certain time while another server can fill 1 map? youre going to deny the right to play for the other players on the 2nd map?

also there are 3 servers, server a might have 20 people, server b might have 10 people and server C zero, what will you do about that? kick everyone so nothing can get capped “unfairly”? how would any1 even get back in

in WvW

Xar.1387

what if one server decides to log off a map? should the other servers players be kicked out til it reaches the number you arbitrarily set up?

Ofc not. If people will log off a map, then its their fault. People from the server was let to join a border, then they can play there The most important is that the same inquiry to the number of full border will occur gradually. Nothing more. Its still better than see the situation, when 100+ people login, and smash 10/20

Also, when e.g. we’ve got 100vs100 on the border, and suppose that 100 is leaving this border, then 100 from this other server will stay there (noone want to kick them or smt) but I bet, that some of this 100 people will leave too Then slowly return to the starting point.

what about servers that can fill 2 maps at a certain time while another server can fill 1 map? youre going to deny the right to play for the other players on the 2nd map?

It makes pathologies, that some servers can’t even compare with other, cause of number of people. Why any server have to occupy 2 maps at a certain time, while they’ve got no enemies to play with? What is this game?
Pickup points without challenges is the goal? What is the point in taking the site when you do not meet with the difficulty of its acquisition, because there is no enemy who would protect her?

Also we’ve got server leaderboards, so servers of a similar strength hit each other,
therefore, it should not be a problem with this. Also people can join Edge of the Mists Than destroying a WvWvW mode by zerging, and jumping, and figting 160vs50

also there are 3 servers, server a might have 20 people, server b might have 10 people and server C zero, what will you do about that? kick everyone so nothing can get capped “unfairly”? how would any1 even get back in

This is how it would work:

Border 1 – past 5 minutes
server a: 0 people
server b: 0 people
server c: 0 people

Border 1 – past 10 minutes
server a: 5 people
server c: 10 people (max)

Border 1 – past 15 minutes
server a: 10 people (max)

Border 1 – past 20 minutes
server a: 10 people (max)
server b: 5 people

Border 1 – past 25 minutes
server a: 20 people (max)
server b: 10 people
server c: 15 people

Border 1 – past 30 minutes
server a: 20 people (max)
server b: 15 people
server c: 20 people (max)

etc etc… And also it can be that some1 left – yeah

Border 1 – past 60 minutes
server a: 160 people
server b: 150 people
server c: 155 people

BOOM

Border 1 – past 61 minutes
server a: 0 people
server b: 150 people
server c: 155 people

And now people from server A can join there to save their border, or just wait, till people from the hostile servers will slowly leave Trust me – they will slowly leave

Still better than this situation, what works for now:

Border 1 – past 5 minutes
server a: 5 people
server b: 15 people
server c: 20 people

Border 1 – past 10 minutes
server a: 120 people
server b: 15 people (smashed)
server c: 20 people (smashed)

RolePlay/PvP/Raid

(edited by Xar.1387)

in WvW

SpehssMehreen.5897

So using your straw man argument example, you will still have 100+ people unable to play WvW, denying people the right to play wvw is just plain wrong , especially if server abcd never fields a certain number at a certain time.

your system is locking people out of the game and is easily abused by a defending force, whether or not a force on a certain map has anything to to do is irrelevent, also fyi, please dont make your examples based on the assumption that 1 server only fills 1 map at a time, 1 server will have some number of people on all maps, further worsening the effect of your system, thats still not factoring into account certain groups like afkers.

your system has been suggested many times before and if you used the search function you will see the answers and realize why its a bad idea

in WvW

Posted by: Chunky Milk.2130

Chunky Milk.2130

Every time this “idea” is posted, it just makes the “idea” seem worse and worse. This is based on the fact that it is a bad “idea”

[Hide]/[DP]

in WvW

Xar.1387

As i can see u are from Tarnished Coast and this server is in the tier1 of WvWvW, so I’m sure this idea does not concern you, and ur server. Probably most of the time ur borders are full, and people have to wait – so why this idea sould be interesting for u? Or even curious?
Maybe u should change ur server, and then open ur eyes for any lower tiers?

BTW, I just gave a solution to fix some pathologies of WvW, and it depends of ArenaNet, how they’ll improve this idea Not mine. I’ve sent just a simple idea – their business what they do with it next. It’s their game, and their money.

RolePlay/PvP/Raid

(edited by Xar.1387)

in WvW

Posted by: Chunky Milk.2130

Chunky Milk.2130

Probably most of the time ur borders are full, and people have to wait

Contrary to popular belief, T1 isn’t Que-Locked outside of Reset night, and even then, the que’s aren’t hours long like most people seem to be disillusioned into believing.

I’ve played in a low tier server. I spent about a month on RoF over in EU when they were rank 21/22, I’ve been the stomped side of a match. Locking players out just because you have a smaller population isn’t a solution.

[Hide]/[DP]