Idea for another event week...

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

So, this was brought up on the bad forums and I think it would not only be hilarious but would satisfy some of the guilds that want “just fights.”

Everyone complains about bunker servers and servers that “depend on siege” so why not take that out for a week?

How about a siegeless week? Maybe only allow Flame Rams but everything else is a no go? I get this will be kitten TZ’s that are low in pop…so, to be fair, if the outnumbered buff pops, siege is ok but once gone they’re unusable? Or, they’ll just have to deal and get good at scouting and have the group during that time map hop? I’m sure most won’t mind the fights at all and who knows, things may not be taken at all if the fights are decent enough?

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

We had that, (albeit by accident) one week.

It was the week of the deadly flying mesmers.

Ah fun times

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Another suggestion: No stealth at all event. Poor national server roamers have to ditch the game for a week then though.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I know it sounds crazy and we can’t imaging the consequences but… How about a week without lag?

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The more you ask for an event week, the more chance we get “Flame Ram Week,” where flame rams do triple damage, can move, and require no supply. And don’t forget the inevitable bug where the ironhide buff stays on permanently.

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

No siege? What YB doesn’t already outnumber the competition enough that you have to totally remove the other servers’ ability to defend what little ground they potentially try to hold against the blobs? Only way no siege is fair is if the servers have equal populations. That’s merely a pipedream in T2 right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Another suggestion: No stealth at all event. Poor national server roamers have to ditch the game for a week then though.

no. thats when we hop on our burn guards and burn engis and you QQ even more.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I was thinking a fisticuffs week, where no one can equip a weapon…

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

No siege? What YB doesn’t already outnumber the competition enough that you have to totally remove the other servers’ ability to defend what little ground they potentially try to hold against the blobs? Only way no siege is fair is if the servers have equal populations. That’s merely a pipedream in T2 right now.

Was an fa poster suggestion on the other forum…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

World peace week, few hours wasn’t enough when that bug hit

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

in WvW

Serenity.8246

As Liston said, it was an FA player that suggested it. Going by the bad forums, FA seems to “just want fights” and not deal with any of that silly siege stuff. It might be SoS that thinks differently, idk…

I think we can last a week with any type of event. lol The golem was fun just cause it changed things up…I think this would be also.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I suggest back to back to back weeks where you can only enter wvw with a certain profession. Week one is lights, week two is medium, and week 3 is heavies. Week 2 would be the most fun as everyone would suck playing toons they haven’t played in years.

Osu

in WvW

BOA smid.1783

Congrats on finally figuring out what T2 wanted from the beginning, how many months later? None of us wanted anything to do with that “silly siege stuff.” Too bad YB had to destroy the tier before figuring it out. And golem week was only fun for you because YB had what….like 3 bank tabs full of golems to use? I barely played because it was pointless. Most of us didn’t want to see another golem for weeks after that one ended. My guild spent more time training in PvP and GvGing than raiding. Course that’s gone now since the GvGs have been driven from the tier too. Thanks for that one as well YB.

No siege will only be “fun” for the server winning. FA might come out to play more since they won’t get pelted with ACs from every angle. SoS right now can barely hang on to any territory at all against the kittened YB blobs thanks to months of being locked out of recruiting. Take away the siege and you might as well waypoint our entire BL. You try to anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Congrats on finally figuring out what T2 wanted from the beginning, how many months later? None of us wanted anything to do with that “silly siege stuff.” Too bad YB had to destroy the tier before figuring it out. And golem week was only fun for you because YB had what….like 3 bank tabs full of golems to use? I barely played because it was pointless. Most of us didn’t want to see another golem for weeks after that one ended. My guild spent more time training in PvP and GvGing than raiding. Course that’s gone now since the GvGs have been driven from the tier too. Thanks for that one as well YB.

No siege will only be “fun” for the server winning. FA might come out to play more since they won’t get pelted with ACs from every angle. SoS right now can barely hang on to any territory at all against the kittened YB blobs thanks to months of being locked out of recruiting. Take away the siege and you might as well waypoint our entire BL. You try to anyway.

hahahahahahah, now you know how NSP felt when FA and SoS kept rolling T3. Demoralizing isn’kitten

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

BOA smid.1783

I didn’t play much those weeks either. Nobody enjoyed it. Too bad lessons weren’t learned then about the effect this kind of thing has on servers/tiers in the end. You can gloat at me now if you want to. I was well aware then what was going on and was well aware of what this would do as well.

I gave you all props actually many times in conversation for still showing up day in and day out through it all. Just like I give my guys the same kudos for showing up and trying to accomplish anything possible daily.

(edited by BOA smid.1783)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

And many blame SOS killing off maguuma…. SOS/fa/mag died all by itself. Choice then was YB or db – you all didn’t like them either…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Serenity.8246

Going back to the original convo….

Osu, that sounds a lot of fun also! Hahaha….I played my guard in WvW earlier this week for the first time in over a year. There’d be so amusing moments.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Sounds like a karma train event idea if you ask me. Lets remove the one thing that helps stop them k-trainers and make it easier for them to take stuff..

Why not just remove gates for the week as well?

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Removing downed state for week….i would be so happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

hahahahahahah, now you know how NSP felt when FA and SoS kept rolling T3. Demoralizing isn’kitten

Blame DB for starting that bullkitten. They first started the recruiting war to stomp T3. FA, SoS and YB can do nothing but to follow up.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

no. thats when we hop on our burn guards and burn engis and you QQ even more.

Nah those are easy to kill and on top of it, visible all through the fight.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.