Idea for bringing back improved orbs

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Good work on taking the bold step to get rid of orbs till a solution is found/hacking issues fixed. Assuming hacking issues fixed then :

Longer term, simply swap orb and outmanned buff.

1 orb = 15% karma, magic find, experience buff
Outmanned 3:2= 1 current orb buff, 2:1 = 2 orbs, 5:2 or more = 3 orbs.

Voila. Two dead birds one orb (or stone).

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

in WvW

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

Good work on taking the bold step to get rid of orbs till a solution is found/hacking issues fixed. Assuming hacking issues fixed then :

Longer term, simply swap orb and outmanned buff.

1 orb = 15% karma, magic find, experience buff
Outmanned 3:2= 1 current orb buff, 2:1 = 2 orbs, 5:2 or more = 3 orbs.

Voila. Two dead birds one orb (or stone).

in that case, why fight for the orb?

orbs tactical and strategic significance comes from the fact that they can boost your teams ability to fight, take that away, and orbs become irrelevant.

in WvW

Posted by: nateness.4291

nateness.4291

I will argue that the karma boost and/or experience boost is a good idea and worth fighting for. Legendary weapons require 500k karma and 200 skill points. So an orb that you can fight for to make it faster to reach these goals would be desirable.

Orbs are currently a major factor to the snowballing effect we experience in WvW. I’m very pleased to hear that Anet is removing them for the time being.

(edited by nateness.4291)

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

agree with the OP

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Fighting for the orb would be a less valuable thing…thus hacking for the orb would also be a less valuable thing…but not totally a waste of time, they become more of a nice to have/status/we got an orb nah-ne-nah-na-na-na. Right now as has been said the orb just grinds the other servers into the ground to soon.

You could of course look at other orby attributes, hold 3 orb pay no repair bills.

However the karma and experience bit is tasty for those who choose to level in PvP and a team with 3 orbs may have a lot more ‘green arrows’ (sub 80’s turn up) which will of course open the door for their struggling rivals.

The other thing is, given these bonuses are already established in the game, changing how they are applied would not be an utter redesign.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

I don’t think giving a karma boost is helpful at all. I’m sorry i couldnt care less about small insignificant boosts that are not related to the wpvp.

To avoid the advantage it gives to teams that are already winning it might be more beneficial to give it a point value so lets say an extra +15 point gain but we could make it a bit more interesting by instead of being in keeps which don’t always transfer very often but inside towers which are much more plausible targets.

This should make the orb something that changes hands much more often due to it being in something that hasn’t got 2 walls and a tonne of siege guarding it. Since all the towers are within easy reach for another faction.

Opinions, Thoughts?

~Ruin~Officer~