Idea for condition management

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

The resistance experiment is a failure for WvW. It RUINS comp diversity even more (guardians and the stability relationship never stopped being an issue, people are just used to it to think it’s okay) than it was, it doesn’t actually solve the condition problem at all, and they nerfed or neutered many of the old tools that used to be more reliable.

I think there’s a way to make cleanses (“Remove x conditions” effects) be more relevant without needing a vast overhaul that will impact your PvE balance:

Expand upon a recent buff to Ranger where you changed dodgecleanse to remove 1 non-damaging condition and 1 damaging condition. One giant obstacle to cleansing conditions is that there’s a staggering amount of “garbage” soft cc condition that flood the condition table and can get in the way of cleansing ones that really matter. Create sub-categories to conditions (maybe “debuffs”, “movement”, and “damage”) and specify cleanses to affect each table accordingly.

If I knew my warrior warhorn was going to 100% cleanse 2 “damage” conditions, that’s a very different story than throwing my fates into wind that the 2 conditions cleansed are relevent. This gives players more control to cleansing conditions and will greatly bring back cleansing’s relevance to the anti-condi game.

The change to ranger already shows that you have sub-categories in the game, and the only thing you would need to do is refine those categories, and change all cleansing skills to affect those tables differently. This even opens up new support categories; some cleanses that have more impact on certain sub-categories than others, talent choices that make you choose what support classes can mitigate more, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Sounds like you want to change one of the game’s core mechanic, I think you came to the wrong forum.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I would like to see more cleanses that are targeted specifically towards damaging conditions. But I’d still prefer it if Resistance was just brought in line, and condition application was adjusted appropriately.