Idea to prevent WvW Migration

in WvW

Posted by: Ricardo.5489

Ricardo.5489

There has been many concerns regarding the new league system being implemented. Despite all the fears involving the new system i actually think that at least it will be something new and that anet can work with the experience to, in a shorter time than we could expect, improve WvW and everything about it… loots, comunity feel, zerg v zerg, defending keeps, and so on!

Nevertheless I agree with everyone that is worried about big guilds from gold league migrating to silver to get better rewards. If this happens it actually will injure communities. Ofc that a tier 1 server will win gold league and a tier 5 will win silver! And there’s really nothing that will change that… and ofc there will always be players wanting to migrate to silver league top server to win more rewards!

SO…. to try and prevent migration there’s only one solution… reward lower tiers from gold and silver leagues during the league itself! Oh… but if ur loosing u shouldn’t get rewards… well… YOU HAVE WXP!!!

So MY IDEA:
If u wanna be a tier 1 gold or silver server ok…no problem! But if u actually wanna help a tier 4 in golden league… that should be rewarded.
In the Begining of the league based on the ranks of ea server reward +1% of wvw xp the lower u are. So if ur 1st server (Blackgate in NA atm) u get 100%wxp… if ur server 6 in the rank before league starts get a +6% wxp bonus (106% total) ! if 12th server… 12% bonus (112% total). Same for silver league… 1st from that league or actual 13th server gets 100% wxp… while 24th server gets 112%.

That wouldnt be a huge boost in rewards but it would help lower server geting their abilities… while geting more chests with silver and stuff…

I think that this idea would actually be useful to boost wvw base players on lower tier server and prevent some of the migration or even it out cuz there would be guilds wanting to get the champion league 7week rewards… and other guilds/players willing to stay in lower tiers to rank up their wvw rank!

And higher tier get their ranks faster as it is anyway cuz they have more wvw players and cap stuff faster!

Thx… And post your opinions… I hope devs lock at this and give their opinion on the pros and cons that this rewarding system could bring and if it’s actually a good idea or not at all.

PS. Sry bout any speling or gramatical errors… English not my mother language.

in WvW

Posted by: Wildchild.7502

Wildchild.7502

Thats the first time I hear about big guilds of T1 transfering to the lower tier… all I see is tons of low server going into higher tier so they can have a chance to get rewards

Guardian – Exg Wildchild /Necro – Wildchild Two / Ranger – Aleksi Laiho
SIC – Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Ricardo.5489

not from tier 1… dont think so… but from tier 2 yeah

thats why sbi is doing so well this week…

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Migration is a part of the server unbalance. When ANet created the servers they expected (that’s what i assume) that the servers would be equally tied and therefore the servers would fight each others for a spot in the higher tiers!

However… That quite didn’t happened.
Due to the server transfers misdoing a few months back, they made it worst than it was. Without proper rewards for playing in low tiered servers, players were tired when loosing all the time. Three simple solutions came to the players doing WvW. Stay and loose all the time, Stay and don’t play WvW and the final migrate server. For those guilds that came to play exclusively WvW the choice is quite obvious, and still is.

Any WvW related upgrade that focus in enhancing further this difference, will cause migrations happen, causing: 1) Lower tiered server being emptier and higher tiered servers being unplayable (huge queues). Instead of a good solution, actually ANet created a bigger problem to the servers wvw health…

The solution passes by freeing the load of the higher tiered servers, distributing the playerbase for all the servers. Rewards must be enhanced for those playing @ lower tiered servers, while the top tiered server must be equally competitive and rewarding, to drive the lower tiered servers to reach there.

Your solution, Ricardo, is one part of a good solution. But that’s not enough! I believe to even the playerfields, Anet should:

- Join servers into a accordingly to their tiers, making more maps for this purpose (let’s exemplify with EU server list) :
Currently there are 9 tiers. (T1 to T9) making this 27 servers playing @ WvW. Three solutions to make them competitive are:
.1) Merge lower tiered servers. (T1 to T4) Merging the lower tiered servers to make a higher and stronger force. 3 more maps to blast the queue away(Language problem may arise).
.2) Combine weekly servers. (If we have kitten T9) servers combine them with (T9 to T1) respectively! Add three more maps (Between borderlands and EB), and combined servers may play here. Double the points gained in this maps, to the lower tier server.
.3) Force WvW guilds simply to leave the high tiers to lower tiered servers.

Any changes, must come with actual thinking…
- Server transfers gem cost should not be per server population, but instead by server tier. Make transfers free to the Ti7-Ti9 tiers from the Ti1 – Ti3. Increase gem cost to transfer to Ti1-Ti2, by 25%.
- Add rewards. Boost rewards for those playing in lower tiers. Make them want to play! Highly reward the tier passage. Add actual goals.
.Those who rises 1 spot in the list get something
.Those who rises 2 spots in the list get something x 4
.Those who rises 3 spots in the list, gets somehing x 8
- Reward tier winners.
.Those who places 1st in the tier, should be rewarded with [Gold]/[Karma]/[Tier tokens]. Tier tokens could be redeemed for some utilities and even for some past event skins.

This IMO how to avoid migrations and the infernal queues.

/Cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

(edited by LHound.8964)

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Thats the first time I hear about big guilds of T1 transfering to the lower tier… all I see is tons of low server going into higher tier so they can have a chance to get rewards

WvW Guilds work their a** off to get a server to high ranking

Anet do something which push bandwagoning even more than usual (free transfers, Wxp, Leagues)

Swarms of bandwagoners flood the T1/2 server

Queques skyrockets

Guilds transfer down in tiers to get a less quequed wvw and start fighting hard again

Repeat.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

WvW Guilds work their a** off to get a server to high ranking

Anet do something which push bandwagoning even more than usual (free transfers, Wxp, Leagues)

Swarms of bandwagoners flood the T1/2 server

Queques skyrockets

Guilds transfer down in tiers to get a less quequed wvw and start fighting hard again

Repeat.

LOL and that has happened how many times? A handfull in a year. How many guilds have transfered UP? A ton.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Ricardo.5489

I just think that merging servers would be hard to implement… that would screw higher tiers over and they’d get even longer queues.

I just think that part of the solution is on increasing longer tier players rewards when they play wvw. make it so that ppl no interested in wvw start playing more wvw cuz they’d recieve increased rewards.

That’s actually what the creation of leagues will do. but i still think lower tiers are missing something else to bring pvers and spvpers into wvw.

I think wvw boost would be awesome at least for a start. Maybe some attributes improvement based on the numbers of players in ea sides at any instant.

The creation of more wvw maps i guess would be good for queues but smaller server wouldnt be able to get good coverage to every single one of them anyway so would boost the differences between servers anyway.