If WvWvW was setup like This..

in WvW

Posted by: Xanderis.2369

Xanderis.2369

A lot of people should know the game Darkage of Camelot,, to me the real first RvRvR game.

If Guildwars 2 WvWvW world was setup similiar to daoc’s without the PPT

For example.
No more PPT,

This way people can have those GvG or roaming groups, and still contribute by just running by to help defend a keep/tower.

Make Towers and Keeps worth something to the server, so that they would what to hold and defend it. like a gold boost, or some sort of boost.
This would help servers who cant cover all maps, at least they can stay and defend home from invaders with somewhat of a purpose. Because if the Towers an Keeps are worth something of importance, People will feel like they are doing something for their server.

Make keeps and towers harder to take. This would help in gaining more fights, instead of a zerg just blowing through a door. In my opinion a Keep take should be HARD not a golem rush. Maybe just allow only 1 ram,, that would be interesting.

**For giggles make AoE spells hit more the 5 targets…If a group of people are defending a tower from said + numbers, and they are throwing down some sick aoe to keep them from coming in the tower while taking out daring ones that try to make it in. Yea it would suck for 20 people to get taking out that way,, but its no different the getting steamed rolled by a blob.

But these are just my thoughts,, just wanted to share

(edited by Xanderis.2369)

in WvW

Posted by: I Am Dansker.7105

I Am Dansker.7105

Isn’t that just PPT? i mean, PPT is “Base the wins off towers and keeps held for certain amount of time.”

Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Xanderis.2369

yea so i removed my thought on that note,

in WvW

Posted by: Sugyn.2491

Sugyn.2491

Dark Age of Camelot The first and still the best ever implementation of Realm vs Realm. Kind of sad no one can seem to come close after all these years.

Culann Blade Master Percivel Server

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Honestly PPT is only there to give the illusion of accomplishment, I think if you took PPT away now you would see a decline in participation. For me PPT means next to nothing but for many it is how they gauge their who is the better server, reality is PPT gauges who has the most participation for the week.

DAoC had RR’s and RA’s which gave purpose to a degree, it was the tread mill, some will argue that it was a flawed system. But for most there needs to be a reason other then fighting to participate and the WvW ranks are pretty lack luster.

Just ignore the PPT and have fun, or don’t ignore it and have fun, which ever is your cup of tea.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Without a DF to fight for as part of the motivation, and with the use of server transfers, the original concept has been implemented in a far different way.

Also: do you allow wall climbing? (Just asking. )

PS: Repairs: encumbrance anyone? Spending gold/plat rather than making a milk run to a supply camp.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Xanderis.2369

Honestly PPT is only there to give the illusion of accomplishment, I think if you took PPT away now you would see a decline in participation. For me PPT means next to nothing but for many it is how they gauge their who is the better server, reality is PPT gauges who has the most participation for the week.

DAoC had RR’s and RA’s which gave purpose to a degree, it was the tread mill, some will argue that it was a flawed system. But for most there needs to be a reason other then fighting to participate and the WvW ranks are pretty lack luster.

Just ignore the PPT and have fun, or don’t ignore it and have fun, which ever is your cup of tea.

Right.. PPT is just to see who can cover the maps better, which is a joke . Cause we all know its sucks to see a stacked map late at night and your server can barely cover home.

That would be something,, seeing a warrior climbing a wall in GW2,, but we dont have any ablities yet that would be good for that situtation. Only thing i can think of would be that a group of warriors would climb over to build siege on the inner door.

Maybe if they gave some sort of achievement award/title for people to work on in WvWvW, similar to realm ranks in daoc. prolly not going to happen but maybe some stat buffs for rewards that you use in WvW like power, more hp, something that would make you seem op, but would be ok cause you earned it from killing 1000 players or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

DAoC was great. IMO GW2 WvW is a bolt on to the PvE and treated as such unlike RvR in DAoC. Also GW2’s engine just isn’t built for large scale combat. I have been impressed with how far they have pushed it but in its current form the cracks are exposed and they seem to be in the foundation.

This space is still waiting for a game that revolves around RvR/WvW and that probably won’t come until Camelot Unchained which is still many, many months away. That market may not be as big as paint by numbers MMO PvE but it is super loyal and hard core. Some company is eventually going to latch onto the RvR community for a very long run.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I like that idea. Removing PPT and therefor a tower would for instance offer more gold on drops for this server’s players. But not just like that. You should have to build an upgrade, that constantly drains supply in order to work and it will increase effectiveness over time with a higher upgrade level. So the server, that has no chance of ever capturing the tower, could still attack dollies and stuff, to stop the upgrade from working.

What I also would like to see is a slow decay of towers and keeps. Walls lose slowly HP over time and you would also need constant supply to repair the walls. The decay would also work like an event, scaling with number of players. Meaning, a keep, used by a lot of players, would decay quicker, than a keep, that no one ever visits.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!