If no content comes this july

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

July is supposed to have a very large patch as well as start Living world season 2, The question is though, what will you guys be doing if no new content for WvW still does not materialize for a patch thats supposedly very important, especially for the next half of the year?

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

The same thing we do every night, Pinky…. try to take over the wooorld!

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Where was it said there is supposed to be a very large patch? Only thing they’ve said is LS season 2 starts on July 1st. Nothing after that has been announced, as far as I know.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Indeed, they have said nothing at all about the size or content of the patch, other than it being the start of LS S2.
So I would love to see the source for this supposed “very large patch”.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I noticed you didn’t say what you would do if no new content came. I would assume go play another game, and you know what….do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It seems like the large wvw updates happen once every 6 month after they have tested the map changes. The minors ones happen 4 or so times a year. I do not expect A-net to put in any major wvw updates until fall :P. We may get a minor update like 2 new wvw traits.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

GOLEM MASTERY! Just what we’ve all been asking for for 2 years

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

…I’ll complain but continue to play because that’s what everyone do…

Always the same talk…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Uninstall the game and go to the beach.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Every time they update classes heck every time they update items as in new events to get gold etc.. effects WvW.

What are you realty asking for in WvW that would not cause countless problems?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

If all we get are the two traits that were already data mined then a lot of guilds will be leaving. Wvw as a whole is already on the verge of destroying quite a few guilds.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

If all we get are the two traits that were already data mined then a lot of guilds will be leaving. Wvw as a whole is already on the verge of destroying quite a few guilds.

I’d say this. A decent chunk of my old guild (which was disbanded following seasons) left GW2 to go play Archeage. Why? Well, its free and has new content they can actually play, and new kinds of pvp they can play. It seems like gw2 is bleeding players and guilds in WvW, and my guess is all it will do is let anet actually use the excuse “Well theres so few of you, we can’t put out a lot of updates”

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

O what traits? And a lot of that data mined tends to be very misleading to what they are going to do as in they have more then one build for an update they just simply do not use the other builds.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

I’d say this. A decent chunk of my old guild (which was disbanded following seasons) left GW2 to go play Archeage. Why? Well, its free and has new content they can actually play, and new kinds of pvp they can play. It seems like gw2 is bleeding players and guilds in WvW, and my guess is all it will do is let anet actually use the excuse “Well theres so few of you, we can’t put out a lot of updates”

Players always come and go. They moved on to try a different game. Nothing anet does will keep every gw2 player playing gw2.

Does everyone that played EQ, WoW, FFXI, SWTOR, Rift, etc, still play those games? Nope. A core group does though, but a lot have moved on to other games. That is just how the industry goes.

Anet cannot produce enough content to keep everyone satisfied, fast enough. Also, WvW is about the fights, the battles, the community. What content is really going to make a world of difference in wvw? They aren’t going to change fundamental game mechanics (like map population, ppt related stuff, etc). They can add maps, and other abilities, maybe WvW traits that can be unlocked, but that wont be enough for the forum warriors. It will be more than enough for the people who are actually playing the game, every day, and having fun.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Players always come and go. They moved on to try a different game. Nothing anet does will keep every gw2 player playing gw2.

Does everyone that played EQ, WoW, FFXI, SWTOR, Rift, etc, still play those games? Nope. A core group does though, but a lot have moved on to other games. That is just how the industry goes.

Anet cannot produce enough content to keep everyone satisfied, fast enough. Also, WvW is about the fights, the battles, the community. What content is really going to make a world of difference in wvw? They aren’t going to change fundamental game mechanics (like map population, ppt related stuff, etc). They can add maps, and other abilities, maybe WvW traits that can be unlocked, but that wont be enough for the forum warriors. It will be more than enough for the people who are actually playing the game, every day, and having fun.

Natural attrition from people moving on is different from bleeding players because the game as it is sucks and nothing is done about it for 2 years.

Add in empty promises, “we’re discussing this internally” posts with no sign of action, silencing of dissent and stifling of discussion and you can’t be surprised people are just not caring about this game mode anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

This is what I feel now coming to the forum with no news for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

This is what I feel now coming to the forum with no news for WvW

Yeah that pretty much sums up all of it.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Looks like July is a PvE focused month… If WvW ever get’s new maps it will probably be announced in Fall 2014 and released in Spring 2015, like they did for EOTM. It’s just me speculating of course but companies tend to follow the same deadlines.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I’m absolutely not expecting any (significant) changes to WvW within the next two years, based on the last two.

Given that most of the up and coming content will be LS-related, I will continue to do what I have with it before: play some, ignore most, log on for my guild (dungeons/fractals/WvW), play WvW and continue to research other games while waiting for the next one that provides the best possible fit for my playstyle. (Currently playing Wildstar while using GW2 for WvW.)

Again, I assume an indefinite status quo for both my expectations for WvW and what ANet actually delivers. ANet is, of course, always allowed to surprise me. Hopefully, in a positive way.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

they can make stuff for maps, and other abilities, new mechanics, etc. People who play Magic the gathering play for fights too, but it reinvents itself every year, and has been a success doing that for like… 20? years now? 12 million players?

i know it aint easy to do, but ehhhh they will have to support WvW with new content or it simply wont last

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Passing another month in GW2 until the Gauntlet comes out (and it better not suck).

GW2 has become the game I play between other games mostly due to the static game play of WvW.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Natural attrition from people moving on is different from bleeding players because the game as it is sucks and nothing is done about it for 2 years.

Add in empty promises, “we’re discussing this internally” posts with no sign of action, silencing of dissent and stifling of discussion and you can’t be surprised people are just not caring about this game mode anymore.

Higher tiers, where it is only about winning, might be bleeding players, but the lower tiers are more casual. Our numbers will fluctuate each night, because people do WvW, sPvP, and PvE content. We have fun in the game, and we aren’t working in WvW. When we burn out of WvW, we do something else in the game.

Look at YB, for example. During the season, they had a good population, season is over, population drops. They aren’t bleeding players. When the next season starts, YB will have a good population again in WvW. That is how non t1 servers are.

Hell, SBI is unpredictable every day. We might have a lot on, or we might not. Just depends on how our casuals want to play the game that day. We have a core that shows up, because they find killing people in WvW is fun. We don’t push hard every week to win every match. It is about fun.

New maps is just an aesthetic patch, and most of what they add as content doesn’t change the fundamentals of wvw. So, not adding content doesn’t affect it, and adding content isn’t going to make things better for people who are complaining here.

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Higher tiers, where it is only about winning, might be bleeding players, but the lower tiers are more casual. Our numbers will fluctuate each night, because people do WvW, sPvP, and PvE content. We have fun in the game, and we aren’t working in WvW. When we burn out of WvW, we do something else in the game.

Look at YB, for example. During the season, they had a good population, season is over, population drops. They aren’t bleeding players. When the next season starts, YB will have a good population again in WvW. That is how non t1 servers are.

Hell, SBI is unpredictable every day. We might have a lot on, or we might not. Just depends on how our casuals want to play the game that day. We have a core that shows up, because they find killing people in WvW is fun. We don’t push hard every week to win every match. It is about fun.

New maps is just an aesthetic patch, and most of what they add as content doesn’t change the fundamentals of wvw. So, not adding content doesn’t affect it, and adding content isn’t going to make things better for people who are complaining here.

don’t lie to yourself or make it seem like t8 isn’t a complete ghost town

that’s one of the major reasons why I moved off t8 – it’s sad that the t2 zergs are the size t6 were last summer

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid