If there are future WvW beta tests...

in WvW

Posted by: redzerofighter.2381

redzerofighter.2381

With the discussion of borderlands, I recall Mike saying that either path anet chooses (remove or not) requires alot of work to be done.

Please don’t just invite popular streamers or huge PvE players who play WvW casually. If you want to get serious constructive feedback, invite players who spent thousajds of hours in the gamemode, have used alot of siege over time, actively play WvW, etc.

Also, consider the types of players too. WvW has roamers, defenders, havoc groups, zerg leaders, and zerg busters. If you want good feedback, have devs go into each server and talk to the community. Most servers should have some sort of community, and you can pick out individuals that play the game differently from each other.

Wvw is a diverse gamemode. If you fix a problem for one playstyle you might create new ones with other playstyles. I recommend anet should take player feedback at a more individualized level as we get closer to decision time with the bls.

Umi Sonoda
Guild leader of Love Live [Maki]
Ferguson’s Crossing [NA]

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Let’s see if they learned from their previous mistake……

in WvW

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

We are set to live beta-test changes starting after we publish the April update .In a Live Beta, the beta feature is available on the live game servers, but we are able to quickly disable the feature in the event that it’s negatively impacting gameplay, or any other serious issues arise. Depending on the feature the length of a live beta can be highly variable, it may be a few hours, a weekend, or much longer. It’s an opportunity for us to gather feedback on the feature, from the entire playerbase, and update the feature before shipping it ‘for real’. The live beta will be available to everyone.”

Source : http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-reddit-developer-ama-summary/#WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Okay so now we know it will be available to everyone. This is definitely better than last time.

And it’s going to be a cluster***k when everyone starts giving input.

While I do think everyone has a right to their opinion. I also think that people with a minimum certain rank, or with a minimum certain number of hours, should have priority voice over those that do not regarding the direction WvW goes.

And I don’t mean time spent in EotM either.

Additional concern: What is this “feature” and are we going to be back in the same boat with yet another “something” that we didn’t ask for.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Anet won’t ask for input. That would leave them vulnerable to too much negativity. They don’t want to hear comments like, “the stability nerf destroys skilled gameplay.” They know better than to ask a question when they know they won’t like the answer. If anything, they’ll let us fill out a survey that has questions like, “did the new npcs have cool looking outfits? Agree or disagree? Would you buy the outfits in the gem store if they became available? Yes or no?”

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Anet simply cannot handle negative feedback. These beta tests are kindda pointless, doesnt matter what we say they will just release as is like they did with the Deserted BLs.

Do you really think after the beta tests if we give negative feedback that they’ll say “Oh players dont like this, let’s change it”? No as per the last 4 years, Anet has given WvW the most minimum amount of resources and time as possible! They refuse to spend more improving things we say are bad because it means higher costs!

WvW is not worth it in Anet’s eyes.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Anet simply cannot handle negative feedback. These beta tests are kindda pointless, doesnt matter what we say they will just release as is like they did with the Deserted BLs.

Do you really think after the beta tests if we give negative feedback that they’ll say “Oh players dont like this, let’s change it”? No as per the last 4 years, Anet has given WvW the most minimum amount of resources and time as possible! They refuse to spend more improving things we say are bad because it means higher costs!

I understand the skepticism, and believe me I’m right there with you, after over 3 years of wvw, you learn a lot about anets attitude towards it when comparing it to other game modes. However at least O’Brien now, past faux pas aside, actually acknowledges WvW exists unlike Colin who would pretty much have to force himself to occasionally talk about anything related to WvW. Before leaving Colin was talking about this big major overhaul that was coming to wvw, well we know that was bs, then O’Brien takes over and says that it was taking forever and was too complicated so they took a new route. Also apparently there is a new WvW director thank God, Corpening seemed clueless and was a pvp guy, how the hell did he become a wvw director…just bad management.

But who knows what the updates will bring, maybe it will help reviatlize wvw, or kill it faster. Maybe they learned some things, maybe not. Guess we just wait and see.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m pretty skeptical too.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

With the discussion of borderlands, I recall Mike saying that either path anet chooses (remove or not) requires alot of work to be done.

Please don’t just invite popular streamers or huge PvE players who play WvW casually. If you want to get serious constructive feedback, invite players who spent thousajds of hours in the gamemode, have used alot of siege over time, actively play WvW, etc.

They actually did, the issue is the beta tests were just PR they were never going to make substantive changes. This is the lesson the have to learn, to make changes from the beta tests even if it means delays.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Last beta before HoT was open and everyone was able to join it. I did. All my guild did. There was a lot of feedback posted about the new maps, new mechanics and in general. Then the HoT was released and I went to WvW and it was EXACTLY same. Not a single thing was changed or fixed. So… yea. Pretty pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

They tested the DBL on a testserver and testers warned them, but they dont listen, so a testserver is not needed because they will do it there way.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Streamers are good for what they are, entertainment, they go from game to game an ride the hype train, nothing more.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Wait when did Mike say they were dumping the overhaul for being too complicated?!

Doesnt sound like Anet to spend so much resources on something to then dump it and work on something else for it. Dump it and work on PvE, sure, but not something else for WvW! :P

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

X T D.6458

Wait when did Mike say they were dumping the overhaul for being too complicated?!

Doesnt sound like Anet to spend so much resources on something to then dump it and work on something else for it. Dump it and work on PvE, sure, but not something else for WvW! :P

Here is a breakdown of the Reddit thread on Dulfy:

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-reddit-developer-ama-summary/#WvW

“We overscoped a big “WvW 2.0? awesome update that was taking forever … so now we will ship lots of small incremental improvements that get us to where we want to be, and so y’all know we are actually working on it! Some of the things done over the last year and a half are reusable, and we’ll get those to a ship-able state.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I am from Missouri, ya know, ‘THE SHOW ME’ state.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

“We overscoped a big “WvW 2.0? awesome update that was taking forever … so now we will ship lots of small incremental improvements that get us to where we want to be, and so y’all know we are actually working on it! Some of the things done over the last year and a half are reusable, and we’ll get those to a ship-able state.”

Also notice how he completely danced around the question of what WvW 2.0 really was. The only thing mentioned is changing dbl – which we have yet to see if they even started working on.

I will believe WvW 2.0 is a complete fabrication until I see them presenting even the tiniest mechanic change that improve WvW on any level.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Also notice how he completely danced around the question of what WvW 2.0 really was. The only thing mentioned is changing dbl – which we have yet to see if they even started working on.

I will believe WvW 2.0 is a complete fabrication until I see them presenting even the tiniest mechanic change that improve WvW on any level.

I think thats more to do with company policy of not giving out info on future plans. Apparantly they have been working on the tech to make a rotation possible but it has been harder then they thought and so far everything they tried has been unsuccessful. Im guessing if thats why O’brein asked if we would rather have dbl scraped and alpine return, or just have dbl fixed.

They might have been trying to completely change wvw as we know it, but kept running into roadblocks and the mounting negative feedback/pr over changes from HoT and its effects on WvW, probably put a stop to it entirely. Instead they seem to be taking a safe route with smaller simpler changes/fixes like more rewards. I am a little afraid of what their plans are for population balance. Guess we will see soon.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I got into one of the DBL beta tests, and found pretty Barren maps in the end, they needed to invite more guilds into it. Open tests would be good too.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

X T D.6458

I got into one of the DBL beta tests, and found pretty Barren maps in the end, they needed to invite more guilds into it. Open tests would be good too.

I was invited into one of the closed beta tests, tried attacking air keep, but a group of people just kept running in and out spamming banners lol, they had breakbars and constant immunity. I would say I probably saw maybe around 10 enemies total.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Let’s see if they learned from their previous mistake……

They haven’t since GW2 launched, why would they start now?

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Fairly often I see it posted that we didn’t make any changes to WvW or the Desert Borderlands map as a result of our Desert Borderlands stress tests. While it’s totally true that we didn’t attempt to completely overhaul the entire map a month or two before the Expansion shipped (as that was definitely out of scope), we made more than a few changes and bug fixes as a result of the playtesting and feedback from those pre-HoT beta events.

I only have the release notes from the 2nd beta handy (which I’ve posted below), but we made similar numbers of changes after each of the three closed beta events.

With that being said, we understand that there are many issues the community still wants to see addressed with the Desert Borderlands and we are still working to improve the map, as well as our other high priorities like bringing back Alpine, skill balance, improving rewards, and correcting population balance.

//Old Patch Notes Begin
General WvW Changes

• Arrow Carts (all types) now require 10 more supply to build.
  • Supply camps now auto-upgrade faster.
  • Supply depots now are marked on the map.
  • Players can no longer rally off of basic creatures in WvW. Only veteran rank or higher.
  • Objective bosses now have health scaling based on the number of allied and enemy players in the area.
  • Sentries will now mark enemy players on the map for 30 seconds.
  • Keeps will now mark enemy players within their perimeter, for the first 5 minutes, after being flipped.
  • Shield Generators (all types) have had their range reduced.
  • Exotic WvW equipment can now be salvaged. Badge gear yields badges. Tournament ticket gear yields standard exotic salvage materials.

Desert Borderland Changes

• Skysplitter damage reduced.
  • Skysplitter now attacks all enemy gates, not just outer gates.
  • Fire Keep lord difficulty somewhat reduced
  • Air Keep lord difficulty somewhat increased
  • Tower and Keep guard damage slightly decreased.
  • Some Tower and Keep guards have had their CC durations reduced.
  • Gate guard aggro range increased.
  • Range to activate the Dolyak Protected Caravan buff increased.
  • Certain very large capture points have had their radius reduced.
  • Flame’s Embrace shrine bonus now grants 40% increased movement speed, instead of reducing burning duration. It still also grants immunity to lava damage.
  • The north supply camp guards repositioned.
  • Fire, Earth and Air shrine blessings have been converted into a single blessing that just increased movement speed by 40%.
  • The objective walls that only act to block shortcuts have had their health significantly reduced.
  • The north keep’s telepads now put a short duration debuff on players that prevents rapidly teleporting back and forth.
  • Vista cinematics have been made smoother.
  • Repositioned guards at shrines.
  • Reduced the number of creatures on the map.
  • Added more ranger pets to the map.
  • Reduced the number of air turrets.
  • Reduced the knockback distance of the air turret attack.
  • Rearranged some jump pads.
  • Keeps now have interior supply depots.
  • Terrain changed in a few places that will open up additional paths.
  • Tower cannons repositioned.
  • Fire Keep mortars repositioned.
  • Champion wyvern reduced to elite rank.
  • Improved shrine tooltips.
  • The Additional Guards upgrade will now also post guards outside breakable walls.
  • Rebalanced the frequency of Oasis event dinosaurs spawning and the number of Power Cores required to turn-in.
  • Oasis Power Cores will now ping the map when a new dinosaur spawns, or a player picks one up.
  • Oasis Power Cores will now clean up properly after the event completes.
  • Earth Keep rock maze control console cooldown increased.
  • Earth Keep interior rock maze reworked to be less obstructive when only allied players are present. Half of the rock walls stay hidden until enemies show up.
  • Skysplitter now creates camera shake, at the temple, while firing.
  • Skysplitter now is marked on the map, during the event and while firing.
  • Oasis event now has mapwide announcements and voice overs.
  • Nights are less dark.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where life siphon damage was hitting object that normally can’t be hit.
  • Fixed some lava locations that weren’t properly damaging players.
  • Fixed a bug that caused camp guards to respawn faster than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where the Inferno Transform buff would linger after leaving the transform.
  • Fixed a number of terrain exploits.
  • Added further protections against the elusive untargetable gate/wall bug.
  • Fixed a bug where wood walls could not be repaired.
  • Fixed a bug where waypoints were available for a few seconds between repel events.
  • Fixed a bug where patrols wouldn’t respawn.
  • Fixed a bug where supply depots sometimes wouldn’t update properly when empty.
  • Fixed a bug where the Fire Keep could sometimes become randomly contested.
    //Old Patch Notes End

in WvW

X T D.6458

Theres a champ wyvern? lol..or was rather

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

X T D.6458

Tyler, I just wanted to say good luck, we’re all counting on you!

Seriously though we appreciate w/e effort you guys make in actually taking feedback into account to make fixes and changes. We just wish stuff happened faster and more often, especially when compared to pve and pvp, wvw players often feel like they have to wait to long for anything to be addressed, some issues are still never fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

No offense, I appreciate the input – but if you go through that list you’ll find that almost all of them are a source of complaints (rightfully so) – they shouldn’t have been buffed or nerfed, they should’ve never made it into the game.
I think what would be interesting; both sides having a discussion about how wvw should be like.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not to mention all those changes are superficial – its the basic map design that’s broken and unsuitable for WvW. But that was too late to fix and all that could be done was adding a couple bandaids to a chopped off limb. So here we are. With a border that cant be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Say what you want about the rest, but this:

Exotic WvW equipment can now be salvaged. Badge gear yields badges. Tournament ticket gear yields standard exotic salvage materials.

is still one of my favorite changes done to the game *^_^*

Definitively see the problem from both sides, the map was revealed to late to make sweeping changes, ANet can’t just ditch a years worth of work on it, and a lot of players doesn’t like it.

Thank you for communicating, appreciated!

I do miss Alpine, my favorite map. But I do not want to see Desert disappear either. Would really love to see both maps return as BattleGround maps instead of Borderland maps. So people can go do what they want where they want.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Fairly often I see it posted that we didn’t make any changes to WvW or the Desert Borderlands map as a result of our Desert Borderlands stress tests. While it’s totally true that we didn’t attempt to completely overhaul the entire map a month or two before the Expansion shipped (as that was definitely out of scope), we made more than a few changes and bug fixes as a result of the playtesting and feedback from those pre-HoT beta events.

That is quite an impressive list, even when we remove stuff that is basically bugfixes.

I am not denying minor things were changed between beta and release, specially when developers start to list everything they had to rework. But I think where things went wrong was that players sort of expected much more changes after they got first test plays on new maps and with new WvW mechanics.

As you say, things were pretty much finished and large scale rework out of question as it had to ship at certain date. Yet, as far I can remember general understanding among players was that beta was only first draft and actual release version was months away and stuff could change A LOT. As it turned out, even with this list of changes (and some made after release), the whole BL maps are still pretty much same as they were presented in first beta.

The very first thing everyone disliked, and still mention about BL maps, is that they are too big and too confusing to travel around. Its all very simple and clear from players side – just remove some rock from here and push this creature there and carve little path from point A to point B, can’t take possible more then 30 minutes. From developers side “fixing” these things probably means many months, if not even years, of work for large group of developers, artists, coders and game designers.

Maybe if you could run beta test earlier, when the stuff is not actually 99% finished, there would be more time to change direction before product has to ship. Or if the players mostly dislike the new stuff, abandon it at early stage.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I only have the release notes from the 2nd beta handy (which I’ve posted below), but we made similar numbers of changes after each of the three closed beta events.

With that being said, we understand that there are many issues the community still wants to see addressed with the Desert Borderlands and we are still working to improve the map, as well as our other high priorities like bringing back Alpine, skill balance, improving rewards, and correcting population balance.

//Old Patch Notes Begin
General WvW Changes

• Players can no longer rally off of basic creatures in WvW. Only veteran rank or higher.
  • Objective bosses now have health scaling based on the number of allied and enemy players in the area.
  • Keeps will now mark enemy players within their perimeter, for the first 5 minutes, after being flipped.
  • Exotic WvW equipment can now be salvaged. Badge gear yields badges. Tournament ticket gear yields standard exotic salvage materials.

• Flame’s Embrace shrine bonus now grants 40% increased movement speed, instead of reducing burning duration. It still also grants immunity to lava damage.
  • Fire, Earth and Air shrine blessings have been converted into a single blessing that just increased movement speed by 40%.
  • The objective walls that only act to block shortcuts have had their health significantly reduced.
  • The north keep’s telepads now put a short duration debuff on players that prevents rapidly teleporting back and forth.
  • The Additional Guards upgrade will now also post guards outside breakable walls.
  • Rebalanced the frequency of Oasis event dinosaurs spawning and the number of Power Cores required to turn-in.
  • Oasis Power Cores will now ping the map when a new dinosaur spawns, or a player picks one up.
  • Earth Keep interior rock maze reworked to be less obstructive when only allied players are present. Half of the rock walls stay hidden until enemies show up.
  • Nights are less dark.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where life siphon damage was hitting object that normally can’t be hit.
  • Fixed a bug where the Inferno Transform buff would linger after leaving the transform.
  • Fixed a bug where waypoints were available for a few seconds between repel events.
  • Fixed a bug where supply depots sometimes wouldn’t update properly when empty.
    //Old Patch Notes End

Please can you just for the love of Grenth confirm that you are not scrapping the server system (and thus killing off server communities) in favor of some sort of GvG alliance system?

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

“Nights are less dark”

I like my nights dark Tyler…..real dark.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirito.2195

Kirito.2195

We are still working to improve the map, as well as our other high priorities™ like bringing back Alpine.

Thank you for the communication, we all know how hard it is to please us MMO players. Looking forward to what this summer has to bring, otherwise it’s probably the last straw for myself and most of the WvW population holding out for a miracle yeah.

Vyrinn

(edited by Kirito.2195)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Fairly often I see it posted that we didn’t make any changes to WvW or the Desert Borderlands map as a result of our Desert Borderlands stress tests. While it’s totally true that we didn’t attempt to completely overhaul the entire map a month or two before the Expansion shipped (as that was definitely out of scope),

Don’t try to make it sound like having the map overhauled was an unreasonable request. Maybe if y’all would change your terrible policy of keeping everything a secret until right before it releases you would have had time to fix the design problems.

Now would be a good time to learn from this mistake. You are supposedly working on a big WvW overhaul, why don’t you tell us what you actually have planned so you can get feedback before it’s too late.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Mypinkbunny.4513

Mypinkbunny.4513

Some of those bugs fixed got changed again once the live version came out, like the auto upgrade sytem. Which i still thing needs work. Also i think all the waypoints in keeps should be a t3 upgrade and not give to you for free. I hate defending home now when i cant use fire and air wp. And when u spend most of reset night capping back your bl becuase anet thought it was a good idea to give the enmery a keep with a wp and a tower.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirito.2195

Kirito.2195

waypoints in keeps should be a t3 upgrade and not give to you for free. I hate defending home now when i cant use fire and air wp.

Yo for real I don’t see at all as to why they changed how waypoints work… For me personally that is the worst thing about the Deserted Borderlands. Players certainly should be able to use every waypointed keep on a borderland not just your servers corner, it’s not EotM, nor EBG… Ugh I hate thinking about it, lol. Atleast then it’d justify being SUCH A BIG KITTEN MAP!

Vyrinn

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

A lot of what you just posted Tyler are bug fixes or nerfs/moving npcs. Apart from the actual map what content or changes to the format have you provided? Oh I forgot you moved reset back to Friday again, amazing work guys keep it up!

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

“Nights are less dark”

Me tooo lol Love this

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Sorry for my bluntness on a few points, but this is my opinion, and the opinion of a lot of my friends that left the game.

I do agree with others, the lack of communication is severely offputting, and doesn’t inspire consumer confidence. Not to be kitteny, just pointing out fact, it’s mostly been this way since launch for WvW.

The BIG issue isn’t so much about Alpine returning because we miss it, but rather, getting it rotated in so that y’all can fix Desert BL. I don’t think those of us that are still playing want any more surprises. No offense. We’d just rather have something vanilla, old and reliable while the fix is going on.

Hopefully right now, y’all are working on that “switch,” so that Desert can be worked on and we can maybe have (maybe?) future BLs rotated in to alleviate scenery boredom.

Everything now is a tangled mess, intertwined. I don’t see how Alpine will be rotated back in without the gizmos and gimmicks.

Speaking of gizmos and gimmicks – the “new” HoT guilds.

A lot of small guilds and solo scout/defenders had their WvW worlds ripped apart when the “new” guilds came out, and every upgrade they had, or worked for, pretty much deleted and was all for nothing (this also affected me and my guild sieges in my personal guild).

Of course those of us that spoke out got gang stalked by fanboys telling us to suck it up and join a REAL guild, that GW2 wasn’t meant for 1-2 people in a guild, blah blah blah. If that were the case, then GW2 would have had a minimum membership requirement, no?

And, thus, we lost our well over 80% of our reliable scouts/defenders, which really sucks. REALLY. Sucks.

Also, I’m noticing commanders asking for monetary donations to keep up the costs of these super expensive new bells and whistles. I, and others, just don’t understand why we suddenly have airships, and invisibility cloaks, banners, shield generators, etc. We never needed them before. And they’re really not economical at all in our game mode. Our drops are TERRIBLE in WvW.

It would also be nice to know if that dumb “alliance” or “faction” idea is off the table. It was bad enough that WvW was completely turned upside down with the expansion, but it got even worse when a dev leaked this to a T1 guild leader, who then leaked it to others. A lot of people left because of that bit of news as well.

tl;dr

A lot of things went sideways with the expansion. Things that we didn’t ask for, or anticipate, and some things WvW players don’t want.

Please keep open communication with those of us that love the game and the WvW game mode, so that maybe we can get some people back from BDO (or wherever they went) and back into the game.

I’m sure I can speak for everyone in saying that the communication level currently is much better than what we’ve had. And thanks!

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

Sorry Tyler, but low level changes and bug fixes don’t excuse shipping product that the larger community delivered tons of negative feedback on. It was clear from the public tests that the updates to WvW were not well received and not fun for a good portion of the community. I’m sure this was not your call and at the end of the day there were probably lots of meetings surrounding this topic, but I found your post offensive as the core issues players have were no where even closely addressed in the patches to the new Boarderlands.

It would have been better to keep it in a beta state than shipping it and basically killing off the WvW community because the game state of WvW went from mediocre to terrible.

I hope this goes down as a lesson learned about not shipping product just to ship product in the most under developed and neglected division of your product road map. I would have rather saw it continue to be tested and iterated on in public tests to get it right, or just scrapped with the outward statement of “We tried new innovative things (as per our mission statement) and it didn’t work.” Admission of this failure would have been infinitely better than shipping bad product.

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Fairly often I see it posted that we didn’t make any changes to WvW or the Desert Borderlands map as a result of our Desert Borderlands stress tests. While it’s totally true that we didn’t attempt to completely overhaul the entire map a month or two before the Expansion shipped (as that was definitely out of scope)

And that’s why it’s important to involve your customers early, so you don’t have to “overhaul the entire map”.

You guys work in a bubble of your own making. I wonder how much of the reworking that’s currently going on in WvW and other areas of the game would have been required if you had involved your player base earlier and got feedback on the features rather than try to keep everything as a huge surprise? I also wonder how many WvW players would prefer a surprise and how many would have preferred being involved in (hopefully) preventing the gamemode from getting into its current state?

The new WvW hit beta and receive a ton of criticism (good and bad). Will a lot of that criticism go unaddressed because it’s out of scope again and what you’re seeing is what you’re getting or is it still possible to affect WvW as a result of this beta? Basically is it a test or is it a means of getting feedback on the systems as you’re creating them so you don’t have to go back and rework them again?

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

waypoints in keeps should be a t3 upgrade and not give to you for free. I hate defending home now when i cant use fire and air wp.

Yo for real I don’t see at all as to why they changed how waypoints work…

Because they had to come up with something that guilds would be willing to grind their eyeballs out for. They needed guild upgrades. So they came up with the Emergency Waypoints, which no one would give a kitten about if the waypoints worked like they used to.

Guild upgrades require HoT — ch-ching! — and grinding. The new grind zones are filled with vertical bullkitten so you need to glide everywhere; gliders were designed for selling glider skins — ch-ching! All roads lead to the gem store.

Meanwhile they completely shafted small roaming guilds in the process.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

“Nights are less dark”

Couldn’t sound creepier if you tried lol. :P

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

After so long It can be amazingly difficult to do so but we do need to give the revamped team a chance.

I have enjoyed this game a long time, 10k+ hrs played, mostly in WvW but I believe choices should be provided for all play styles. Many gamers WILL NOT be forced into certain playstyles, they will just shift games.

I personally have zero dungeon AP/MP by choice, zero Fractal AP/MP by choice and zero raid AP/MP by choice. I have not been Anet’s target audience of late but do still enjoy WvW roaming.

Good luck all,

Anet ; I hope you manage to bring the fun back to the game for many.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

Speaking of gizmos and gimmicks – the “new” HoT guilds.

A lot of small guilds and solo scout/defenders had their WvW worlds ripped apart when the “new” guilds came out, and every upgrade they had, or worked for, pretty much deleted and was all for nothing (this also affected me and my guild sieges in my personal guild).

Of course those of us that spoke out got gang stalked by fanboys telling us to suck it up and join a REAL guild, that GW2 wasn’t meant for 1-2 people in a guild, blah blah blah. If that were the case, then GW2 would have had a minimum membership requirement, no?

^^THIS! is another frustrating thing that gripes my butt about the post-HoT state of WvW.

Thanks for saying exactly what I feel about this change Skynet! I had to login just to +1 your post.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

//Old Patch Notes Begin
General WvW Changes

• Nights are less dark.

Bug Fixes

//Old Patch Notes End

While you are at it, when is the supposedly guild chat about wvw overhaul coming?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

hey tyler

while i do have my disagreements, i appreciate all that you guys have done to make this great game and actually stick with it. seems some of these complainers havent experienced what its like for a dev team to completely abandon their game after release for another project profit. i do hope you guys hire / collaborate with select people that represent a master in their fields – open field, siege, ppt, supply, and solo/small group to help you guys make the best decisions for everyone involved. basically forum specialists on steroids. dunno if you have those positions filled already but its never too late to start. on another note. despite the majority voice of dissent, there are some very thoughtful people on these forums who do sincerely want to see this game prosper.

cheers~

edit
instead of hire / collab maybe polling would work? idk, but best of luck.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

“Nights are less dark”

For the night is dark and full of ter- I mean golem rushes at 3am.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Can we please be able to use any way point we get rather then being stuck with just one? That would help alot people would actually want to defend a keep that we can use. It will also make traveling the borderlands so much easier.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella