1v1 not balanced? Enlighten me.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

The problem I have seen is when the duel takes place at an objective or close to it. You see someone from your team and you decide to jump in to help him preserve or take the objective. Now imagine the surprise when the player, who made a move to help you thinking he would have your support, end up being alone in fighting the ennemy.

When you mainly play staff like me (ele), it can be a pretty unpleasant surprise to end up 1vs1 against someone whith a pure duel build while you are more support. Chances are, you get killed for your trouble and you seriously wonder WTF didn’t your pal lift a finger to help you.

People shouldn’t have to ask anything. The guy is red, he is a target, period. If duels were legitimate as you want them to be as opposed to what they are, GW would have included a “duel” status where only people in duel status could interreact with each others.

I totally prefer to have fair and balanced matches and I admire your honorable intentions. Sadly, you pick the wrong place to expect people to follow any kind of unwritten rule (that not everyone are aware of at all). It is not always obvious that you are having a duel rather than defending your life in WvW context. The knee jerk reaction will always be to help the people on your side and smack the red one.

And even so, why should we trust an ennemy dueller? What prevent him from taking a camp once we go away and he win his macth vs you? Yeah, I know, “honor”. The problem is, the world is composed of all sort of people and we don’t know all you know about him. I see way too many turn-coat and liar who are eager to just troll the kitten out of anybody…

You can duel all you want and I hope it will always go like you want, but my advise is to make yourself as invisible as possible or better yet, take a dedicated to duel pvp server.

I explained to you why you can’t duel in spvp, yet you still hit your head against the wall saying that it’s my best option. Go figure. Also who cares what he does or what happens to him after to duel. If he goes and captures a camp, good for him, don’t get me started on how pointless PPT is again. The point is, (and I don’t know where you are from where most people are unaware of not to interfere with duels) most people know when a duel is going on and should try and respect that. If they want to kill the guy after the fact, go for it, the duel is over. But if you get killed trying to interrupt a duel, well as I’ve said before, don’t cry.

Actually you explained a falsehood. There are servers dedicated for you to pick a fight with those that are there in a duel. You either don’t know it or don’t want to know about it. But that is a different matter.

As for saying my argument based on game mode is weak, it is only weak because you say so not because it is weak per se. It IS a conquest type game. The duelers and GvGers are akin to kids playing hockey in the streets telling cars to stop shouting at them. I’m sorry, but the cars have a pretty valid point if they tell you to go play elsewhere.

Sure it’s the “proper gamemode” but the majority of players gave up on that long ago. Just read the majority of wvw threads and see how many people are screaming for PPT to be fixed. Whether it be balance issues or flaws in the system itself, it is without a doubt the worst system in the game right now when considered competitive.

I have told you before, and this is the last time I’m going to tell you, so try reading it this time however hard that may be. Spvp limits builds and many can’t be replicated in spvp. I know of the dueling servers you speak of, but they allow 2 people in at a time, compared to running around sniping sentries and camps and dueling in between.

I know it’s a hard concept to grasp, anything other than PPT, but do try. As I also said before, no duelist is complaining. We aren’t the ones crying. We are the ones telling you that if you interrupt our duels, you won’t receive help from us and will likely die. That’s how it is, don’t like it? Go flip objectives in EOTM.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

If he goes and captures a camp, good for him, don’t get me started on how pointless PPT is again.

- Points are the name of the game in this mode. I don’t know why would anyone enter WvW if they don’t care about concepts like attacking and defending towers, running supplies, securing routes and siege. “PPT is pointless” is like playing chess and saying cornering the king is overrated.

Points are the name of the game mode. But the game mode is broken. Caring about the outcome of PPT is like caring about who wins a football match when one team has 9 players on the field and the other has 20.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

The only way you can’t know that is if you’ve never played the game. Roaming solo vids or OB duels are unbalanced,personal and the result should never be taken seriously just watch the reactions.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

You: Duels are unbalanced
Me: Can you tell me more about it?
You: You don’t know? Then you never played the game.

Great answer. Now I now why its not balanced xD

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

lol i duel how i want : DD
then again the word duel? you mean a fair 1v1 where skills actually matter instead of outnumbering the enemy so u can get loot without even trying? some of us actually get bored of that and want fights that stimulate the brain
sure you are allowed to gank anyone you want but dont think you bring in the coolpoints when doing that, just accept your place as being a player who enjoys outnumbering and ganking the enemy =)

You want fair fights? Go top PVP.

this was sarcasm, right?

9 Guardians later…

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Sagat.3285

I am low on will power especially when using a phone and expectations after the previous patches sry ……

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Hoaxintelligence.4628

You mean: I can’t answer your question cause I don’t know what Im saying..

Aahh ok, now I understand

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Sagat.3285

You mean: I can’t answer your question cause I don’t know what Im saying..

Aahh ok, now I understand

This is turning out to be very personal for you 0.0 do you have a complex of superiority? Do you really want me to explain to you the concept of counters,class roles and gain/lose aspect of builds? Stop trolling…..get a healthy hobby.

The Dhuumfire thread

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Here’s a hint OP:

The player who watched you die wished he could kill you too.

I wish Anet gave 1 day a month of pure free for all pvp in WvW

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Hoaxintelligence.4628

You: Duels are a joke, its unbalanced
Me: Why that?
You: You don’t know? Then you never played the game
Me: Great answer
You: I am low on willpower especially when I’m using a phone?and expectations after the previous patch sorry…

Lol

So you giving me excuses why you can’t answer Why 1v1’s is unbalanced
But you do can reply on my message. You’re a funny guy xD
And you don’t have to defend yourself, cause I’m not attacking you.
Just saying xD

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

People have their own opinions.

Mine is that in PvP enabled areas, each player controls the actions of only one player.

Feel free to argue anything else, it is not going to change my opinion.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I would play PvP more instead of dueling and roaming in WvW if PvP wasn’t so build dictated…

Really boring fighting the same builds from the same classes repeatedly every match, much better to roam WvW and have that diversity available!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

@ OP

I like how you’re signing like you’re speaking for WvWvW players. Stop telling people how they should find their fun as they have zero obligation to you. You died in a video game big whoop.

Whispers with meat.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think people are taking this too seriously.

If I come across two people fighting in the open field, I will immediately jump in and help my server mate UNLESS it’s obvious that it’s a duel (e.g. it’s in one of the well-known duel areas, I saw the /bow emotes, there’s other people standing around watching).

If I was wrong and my server mate then tells me to back off because it’s a duel, then I stop attacking and move on. Seriously, it’s that simple.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

I race quaggans in WVW amongst other non game mode related challenges. Suffer me now!

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Imo, 1v1 in WvW is as imbalanced it can get compared to do 1v1 in PvP.
I spended over 2k hours in WvW roaming/dueling and went PvP afterwards.
Ended up never leaving PvP for over a year.

No lag, no imba stats/builds, no interupts of duels etc.(private servers)

Just to clearify: WvW cannot be balanced in 1v1, ever! Because, well, WvW is not made for 1v1. Nor is the whole game. Even PvP ain’t about 1v1 specs. But PvP does offer more balance due Armor Stats being neglected and some traits + ‘Revealed’ being more balanced in PvP.

I was one of those guys who were crying about a nerf this and nerf that due the insane Imba builds in WvW.
It’s useless doing that, I realised that.
No matter how good or bad a duelist you are, WvW is not balanced around 1v1.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Reigne Irkalla.4768

Reigne Irkalla.4768

I like how this thread is ignoring the introduction of Points Per Kill.

Reigne – Idyn – Ereskigal (IRKALLA) Rex – Giddim – Gilgamesh (NERGAL)
The Eternal Mist [THEM] We are currently recruiting!
Must love dungeons and have a sense of humor – pm me for more info :D

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Ummmm keep the duelers in WvW please. That’s where they want to be. The red is dead mentality in pvp doesn’t always work, and duelers will want fair even fights that they are unlikely to get in pvp. Whatever the reason, this was a bad post to make, as someone who plays both game modes.

Why can’t they get fair fights in pvp? I see ZERO reasons for this. You can pick the server you want and duel whoever you want. Heck, I did it on servers where ppl were only there for just that.

In WvW you are on a battleground. You have to expect to be interrupted. The best you can hope for is to get to some very remote point of the map where you won’t be seen. But then again, why not just go in PVP with ppl who agree to do what you want to do.

Why not go to WvW where people agree and want to do that? Anyone can log into just about anywhere and interrupt a duel. These duelers want to be in WvW, why should you try to force them elsewhere? Remember that many builds aren’t possible in pvp due to amulets and food not being usable.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

The game is balanced around pvp, wich is a team capture type of player versus player gamemode. Specs relying on reseting fights and extra mobility, wich are king of roaming in general, are usually the worst spec possible for pvp ( condi mesmers/thieves for instance), thus they aren’t under the nerfbat. However, in a WwW environment where people can move freely without anything to defend ( at least in duels/roamings) specs with high mobility, stealth uptime, and regen are obviously far stronger.

Some specs are also far more powerful in 1v1 than in group settings. Meditation guards for exemple aren’t welcomed in high level pvp, but it’s a really strong 1v1 spec, countering all melee dps players. GW2 is based on those counters, making most duels a matter of anti-specs. For instance, any warrior will get countered by a med guard, a med guard will get countered by a condi mes, a condi mes will get countered by a terrormancer necro, will…. etc. 1v1 aren’t about position awareness for the most part, making ranged dps specs less effective as well, as gap closers are easy to get and you can’t hide in your teammates. A gs/staff mesmer in WwW is still powerful, but not as much as in a group setting.

Thirdly, the stat imbalance in WwW makes some “meh” builds really powerful. IT allows for tankish and bursty specs at the same time due to more stat spread. Burst dps players are also far more punishing, as an average backstab in WwW from a top geared thief has nothing to do with a spvp one. Guard leechs are also a free 2.5k health, wich is 1 quarter of my health when I roam with my thief. The best 1v1 builds don’t work in team pvp or medium scale WwW either, so it gives an advantage to people speccing for duels whereas a meta player, who can be overall a better player, will loose because he relies on his teammates. I myself play mostly D/P trickery thief in WwW, and I’m far too squishy for duels, and my dps isn’t as over the top as most SA thieves because I sacrifice my dps for team utility and focus ( boonhate, interrupt, group stealth for safe stomping and ressing)

Finally, a duel also has a fair part of luck in it, and seeing a tied duel ending by a dual air/Fire sigil proc isn’t entertaining to watch. There’s also all the environment play, and even if using the terrain is an intelligent move, it can inbalance classes without access to easy ways of “exploiting” ( read it in a sarcastic way) the mobs and heights around.

Even though I love duels, and will get involved in some for fun, winning a duel and winning an actual fight are two different things, and anet tend to support the later for balance.

Disclaimer: it’s probably full of typos but I hate reading myself, sorry in advance.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

D/P trickery is stronger 1v1 than SA

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I always try to intercept any duels I see, altough I am never lookig for them.

I do that because:

1. If I found you dueling, you are probably dueling on the main road, and not somewhere where you should (eg.: behind the windmill, OS, Skritt, Centaur).

2. I like the rage text after. I am curious what sorted profanity you have to throw at me.

3. If you are allowed to ‘play how you want’, so am I.

Cheers!

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I do that because:

1. If I found you dueling, you are probably dueling on the main road, and not somewhere where you should (eg.: behind the windmill, OS, Skritt, Centaur).

2. I like the rage text after. I am curious what sorted profanity you have to throw at me.

Cheers!

The difference, of course, being that you just stated that you do it for the reaction, and you’re intentionally trying to ruin someone’s experience.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

If he goes and captures a camp, good for him, don’t get me started on how pointless PPT is again.

- Points are the name of the game in this mode. I don’t know why would anyone enter WvW if they don’t care about concepts like attacking and defending towers, running supplies, securing routes and siege. “PPT is pointless” is like playing chess and saying cornering the king is overrated.

Points are the name of the game mode. But the game mode is broken. Caring about the outcome of PPT is like caring about who wins a football match when one team has 9 players on the field and the other has 20.

The game mode is not broken. It works perfectly if you accept that matches were never designed to be fair. You just don’t like that mode. There is a difference.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Ummmm keep the duelers in WvW please. That’s where they want to be. The red is dead mentality in pvp doesn’t always work, and duelers will want fair even fights that they are unlikely to get in pvp. Whatever the reason, this was a bad post to make, as someone who plays both game modes.

Why can’t they get fair fights in pvp? I see ZERO reasons for this. You can pick the server you want and duel whoever you want. Heck, I did it on servers where ppl were only there for just that.

In WvW you are on a battleground. You have to expect to be interrupted. The best you can hope for is to get to some very remote point of the map where you won’t be seen. But then again, why not just go in PVP with ppl who agree to do what you want to do.

Why not go to WvW where people agree and want to do that? Anyone can log into just about anywhere and interrupt a duel. These duelers want to be in WvW, why should you try to force them elsewhere? Remember that many builds aren’t possible in pvp due to amulets and food not being usable.

From my experience, the problem isn’t with the people outside the duel so much as the reaction of the duelers when they get interrupted for completely legitimate reasons. The same is true of GvG. People resent being interrupted despite playing in a field where they know they have a high chance of being interrupted.

Again, if you play hockey in the street, don’t whine when you have to move your goals and team aside eveytime a car comes by. You are in the street… Sure, you can kitten well play hockey there and noboby can tell you blabla… but you know you are in the street and with that knowledge should come awareness of potetial problems if you resent being interrupted and you know others will resent not being supported when they only wanted to help you.

Also, whether many of you agree or like it or not, there are expectations in the setting called WvW that no amount of rationalizations will make disapear. The guys sharing your colors expect your help and that you aim for the same general goal of scoring points while preventing others of doing the opposite.

As a side note to the guy saying you can’t rely on nobody. I wonder how things would be in the army if evey soldier had the “you cant rely on your fellow soldiers” mentality. Granted, this is a game and not the army, but still, asking for all to let go of natural and fundamental expectations is ludicrous. And I’m a pretty strong loner myself when I play 90% of the time.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

The game mode is not broken. It works perfectly if you accept that matches were never designed to be fair. You just don’t like that mode. There is a difference.

Yeah… that is broken. Having a score in a game that is this far out of balance is just stupid. The players are much better off using WvW as a sandbox to do what they find to be fun, whether that is GvG, dueling, roaming, zerging, etc.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

A game mode that was intentionally designed to be competitive. Matches were never designed to be fair. Game mode is not broken.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I don’t think you understand what broken means, but try and find me any kind of competition that is intentionally unfair.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

From my experience, the problem isn’t with the people outside the duel so much as the reaction of the duelers when they get interrupted for completely legitimate reasons. The same is true of GvG. People resent being interrupted despite playing in a field where they know they have a high chance of being interrupted.

Again, if you play hockey in the street, don’t whine when you have to move your goals and team aside eveytime a car comes by. You are in the street… Sure, you can kitten well play hockey there and noboby can tell you blabla… but you know you are in the street and with that knowledge should come awareness of potetial problems if you resent being interrupted and you know others will resent not being supported when they only wanted to help you.

Also, whether many of you agree or like it or not, there are expectations in the setting called WvW that no amount of rationalizations will make disapear. The guys sharing your colors expect your help and that you aim for the same general goal of scoring points while preventing others of doing the opposite.

As a side note to the guy saying you can’t rely on nobody. I wonder how things would be in the army if evey soldier had the “you cant rely on your fellow soldiers” mentality. Granted, this is a game and not the army, but still, asking for all to let go of natural and fundamental expectations is ludicrous. And I’m a pretty strong loner myself when I play 90% of the time.

If you’re going to use the hockey in the street analogy, imagine a car that just follows you around wherever you try and play and parks in the middle of your area. Just because he can. The hockey players even go out of their way to avoid cars, but this one car just follows them around and harasses them because he can. The players did nothing to him, but the car can, so he does.

Not the greatest of logic. “because I can” won’t get you far in life if that’s your main argument for things.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

If you’re going to use the hockey in the street analogy, imagine a car that just follows you around wherever you try and play and parks in the middle of your area. Just because he can. The hockey players even go out of their way to avoid cars, but this one car just follows them around and harasses them because he can. The players did nothing to him, but the car can, so he does.

Not the greatest of logic. “because I can” won’t get you far in life if that’s your main argument for things.

If you go play on a rink or in a field, the car isn’t going to follow you around without breaking some laws. Bad attempt to extend the analogy. If you keep moving from street to street and a car keeps following you, well, you can do what you want, and so can the person in the car.

This whole discussion is silly. Duelers should accept they’re going to get ganked/interrupted and solo players interrupting a duel should be prepared to die alone. It’s pretty simple to understand.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

If you go play on a rink or in a field, the car isn’t going to follow you around without breaking some laws. Bad attempt to extend the analogy. If you keep moving from street to street and a car keeps following you, well, you can do what you want, and so can the person in the car.

This whole discussion is silly. Duelers should accept they’re going to get ganked/interrupted and solo players interrupting a duel should be prepared to die alone. It’s pretty simple to understand.

I should have learned since a long time now that I wasn’t going to change ppl’s mind this way. The idealist in me always wants to try thought…

Oh well…

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

That doesn’t stop the guy in the car from being a kitten.

You’re trying so hard to make it sound like “intentionally ruining other people’s fun for no other reason than your own twisted amusement” is totally fine because it’s “allowed”.

Just because something is allowed doesn’t make it okay. Infact, if the guy in the car followed you around for long enough, there would be fair grounds for a harassment charge. Harrasment is precisely this situation; doing something technically legal but with the intent of causing annoyance.

No matter how you spin it, intentionally causing misery to others for no reason is always, always, everywhere in life, a kittenbag move.

You’ll be telling me that seige-trolling is totally legit next.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Pretty horrible “counter” analogy and understanding of the problem. The street IS for the cars like the WvW map is for the people who wants to contribute to PPT. Of course you can duel and GvG like yu can play hockey in the streets, but the legitimacy lies with the cars. Sorry, but that is reality.

If the cars was to follow you in a parc or a school yard, now he would get in a pretty bad spot and the legitimacy of your claim would switch in your favor (legally too). Also, I don’ know how you got the idea that people who interrupt duel do so “because they can”. They do so because they see an ennemy and a friend and they want to help the friend defeat the ennemy. That is a far cry from “because they can”.

This reply is a great of example of a peson who really doesn’t want to understand anything about what is actually said.

I know, I was naive, again…

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

Also, I don’ know how you got the idea that people who interrupt duel do so “because they can”. They do so because they see an ennemy and a friend and they want to help the friend defeat the ennemy. That is a far cry from “because they can”.

You have clearly never tried to hold a GvG. Players sit in the spectators area, knowing exactly what’s happening, they wait until the action has started, and then they jump in to interrupt. They aren’t “going to help a friend”, they are intentionally griefing.

Shocker.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

Pretty horrible “counter” analogy and understanding of the problem. The street IS for the cars like the WvW map is for the people who wants to contribute to PPT. Of course you can duel and GvG like yu can play hockey in the streets, but the legitimacy lies with the cars. Sorry, but that is reality.

If the cars was to follow you in a parc or a school yard, now he would get in a pretty bad spot and the legitimacy of your claim would switch in your favor (legally too). Also, I don’ know how you got the idea that people who interrupt duel do so “because they can”. They do so because they see an ennemy and a friend and they want to help the friend defeat the ennemy. That is a far cry from “because they can”.

This reply is a great of example of a peson who really doesn’t want to understand anything about what is actually said.

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. I can burn all a keep’s supply on arrow carts that can’t hit a thing, my excuse would be because I can and it’s part of the game mode, yet I’m gona go out on a limb here and say you would have an issue with that. Now ask yourself why, and you see the flaw in your argument of “it’s part of the game, I can, therefore I will”

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

A game mode that was intentionally designed to be competitive. Matches were never designed to be fair. Game mode is not broken.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I don’t think you understand what broken means, but try and find me any kind of competition that is intentionally unfair.

I’m sorry but where and when Anet ever said it was supposed to be balanced? There would be a competition, true, but the means to balanced that competition were never part of the deal.

In many ways, a large part of the balance problem lies with people who, out of so called “honor”, snob sieges and alliances. Making alliances and using sieges are excellent ways to counter superior numbers and coverage. Maybe implementing an explicit alliance system into the match could go a long way to facilitate a measure that would certainly help improving the balance of the competition. Maybe being in an alliance would make it impossible for an allied server to attack the objectives of his allies. Hence, they would have no fear and no choice but to turn on all their attention to the strongest server until the alliance is no longer a necessity. Maybe…

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. I can burn all a keep’s supply on arrow carts that can’t hit a thing, my excuse would be because I can and it’s part of the game mode, yet I’m gona go out on a limb here and say you would have an issue with that. Now ask yourself why, and you see the flaw in your argument of “it’s part of the game, I can, therefore I will”

Where and when did I ever imply this “I do because I can” BS? I explicitely said it was not a matter of doing something because one can, yet you still bring that. Do you read what I write?

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

Where and when did I ever imply this “I do because I can” BS? I explicitely said it was not a matter of doing something because one can, yet you still bring that. Do you read what I write?

Do you read what I write?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

You’d be pleased to know that there’s an actual game mode that’s focused solely on small scale fights and duels:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp

Meanwhile, don’t be the jerk that lets your team die because you insist on dueling with enemy. WvW is meant to be a field of war where everything green is your friend to assist and everything red is your enemy to attack.

Signed,
The WvW players

PvP is nothing more then a glorified red team/blue team halo match. So…. no thanks bud

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Yes I do read what you wrote and yes I did saw many GvG thank you. You guys have to stop looking at your little belly button 2 sec and put yourselves in the shoes of the new players. Also, realize that a tiny fraction of GW2 population look and participate in these forums.

Of course I can pretty much figure a bunch of players compose of 2 guilds from enemy servers in a field waiting is probably waiting for a gvg to happen. I have context and knowledge I didn’t always have. However, I remember the first time I saw 2 huge bunch of players looking at each others my reflex was to jump in and attack thinking I’d have plenty of support. Hopefully, someone explained it to me before I decided to go into action.

But, more importantly, the thread is about duels not GvG. If GvG does share the hockey in the street analogy in large part with duels, duels aren’t as easy to figure out as GvGs. Is the guy fighting in a duel wanting to be left alone or is it a duel that naturally happened and any help would be welcomed? Typing a message to verify is simply stupid. Why? Because if the guy does need help and he would like to get it, it might be too late when he receive it because i took time to write that he didn’t had. And would he have the time to type an answer back for me to take a decision based on his real intent? Not so sure. It is simply not logical to entertain expectation of not being interrupted in duel on WvW battle field.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

Yes I do read what you wrote and yes I did saw many GvG thank you. You guys have to stop looking at your little belly button 2 sec and put yourselves in the shoes of the new players. Also, realize that a tiny fraction of GW2 population look and participate in these forums.

Of course I can pretty much figure a bunch of players compose of 2 guilds from enemy servers in a field waiting is probably waiting for a gvg to happen. I have context and knowledge I didn’t always have. However, I remember the first time I saw 2 huge bunch of players looking at each others my reflex was to jump in and attack thinking I’d have plenty of support. Hopefully, someone explained it to me before I decided to go into action.

But, more importantly, the thread is about duels not GvG. If GvG does share the hockey in the street analogy in large part with duels, duels aren’t as easy to figure out as GvGs. Is the guy fighting in a duel wanting to be left alone or is it a duel that naturally happened and any help would be welcomed? Typing a message to verify is simply stupid. Why? Because if the guy does need help and he would like to get it, it might be too late when he receive it because i took time to write that he didn’t had. And would he have the time to type an answer back for me to take a decision based on his real intent? Not so sure. It is simply not logical to entertain expectation of not being interrupted in duel on WvW battle field.

I don’t think anyone on the pro-dueling side has a problem with players who genuinely don’t know what is happening, either because they’re new, or because it isn’t obvious that a duel is happening. If you genuinely think that a team-mate needs help and you dive in, I’ll accept that.

But you’re totally naive to think that every duel-interrupt is down to new players. A significant number are interrupted by people who know exactly what is going on, but decide to troll anyway. 95% of the time, when you say “we’re dueling, please move away or you’ll get killed” people totally ignore you. So it cannot possibly be the case that all these people are making honest mistakes. The majority of them know full-well that they’re being a nuisance, and they get a kick out of it.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

The community is fighting because Anet don’t have a properly duel mode/option.

The same happen with GvG…

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

If you play WvW to zerg, you’ll be pleased to know there’s an actual game mode that’s focused solely on minimizing personal skill and effort to blob for max rewards while treating numbers as your own superiority:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_the_Mists

Meanwhile, don’t be the jerk that fails to realize PPT is largely a factor of population and grief people because they don’t play the way you want. Guild Wars 2 is a game where players have a number of diverse options to seek fun. Arenanet is the sole arbitrator of how a game mode is played.

Signed,
The Gw2 players

Also Signed,
The guy that just flagged you when you were running to the zerg.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I don’t think anyone on the pro-dueling side has a problem with players who genuinely don’t know what is happening, either because they’re new, or because it isn’t obvious that a duel is happening. If you genuinely think that a team-mate needs help and you dive in, I’ll accept that.

But you’re totally naive to think that every duel-interrupt is down to new players. A significant number are interrupted by people who know exactly what is going on, but decide to troll anyway. 95% of the time, when you say “we’re dueling, please move away or you’ll get killed” people totally ignore you. So it cannot possibly be the case that all these people are making honest mistakes. The majority of them know full-well that they’re being a nuisance, and they get a kick out of it.

Uh, from experience, yeah, many do have a problem no matter the reason. I also never think all interruptions were down to new players. My point is you are in the street and while you certainly can play hockey in the street, it’s a place for cars first. You are red on my screen, you are at best tolerated and not to be trusted.

I won’t re-open an old thread here, but there are legitimate reason as to why people would still attack you knowing perfectly what is going on. In many ways, we could easily argue about who is the troll between the dueler and the guy you say knows and still attack.

But, I’ll stop here and make my exit. It’s obvious nothing I say will ever matter and I’m tired of it.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

One of your main arguments as to why a dueler shouldn’t be mad when their duel gets interrupted is because killing the enemy is part of the game, thus justifying harassing the duel. Do you read what you write?

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

I sometimes watch European youtubers like Vaanss and I’m impressed at how little players jump into 1v1s even thought they are really close. NA is just constant jumping

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

As someone who likes to duel in wvw, I respect other people who only play for PPT. Oftentimes people who are dueling are doing so in an area not ‘in the way’ and so I don’t see a reason for PPT players to not respect players who are dueling.

If the duel is in the middle of the road though then I don’t think those involved have a right to complain. After all, you can’t expect people to know the different between a ‘this is a duel’ and ‘I was jumped heading to south camp help me’ encounter.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

y’all motherkitteners need silver league

The Ghost of Christmas Past

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If the duel is in the middle of the road though then I don’t think those involved have a right to complain. After all, you can’t expect people to know the different between a ‘this is a duel’ and ‘I was jumped heading to south camp help me’ encounter.

Exactly. This is why I always jump in to help my server mates unless the two people fighting are in one of the established “dueling areas”, such as in Obsidian Sanctum or behind the windmill in the Borderlands. I can’t tell whether you guys are dueling or whether he’s just some poor kitten who got jumped by a tail ganker (REALLY hate those guys).

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I do that because:

Cheers!

The difference, of course, being that you just stated that you do it for the reaction, and you’re intentionally trying to ruin someone’s experience.

Yes, cause that’s how I like to play.

If you play WvW to duel

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I am terribly sorry for every duelers who got interrupted by the other Bubi.

Not all of the Bubi’s are playing this way, some know how to respect others.

A duel-loving Bubi