Implementing Jumping Puzzles in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

I am not a guy who does alot of jumping puzzles. As one who preordered the game, I still don’t know where the JP in EB is, and I play only WvW. I have taken some breaks, but I have a rank 130 and a rank 50.

So as I have been playing as I use to, the achievements are rolling in by themselves. I have taken 1 point in Ram Mastery, and drop those rams to take them myself and knock some doors down.

I have realised, I need to do 5 JPs to finish the achievement lists. Right now I am like; yeah, that’s not going to happen.

But it gave me an idea, that these JPs could have been part of the map. So that keeps and garrisons had a JP entrance to them.

Firstly, the zergs couldn’t use them, too many would just fall down. But small groups of players could.

Now it shouldn’t just be easy mode. Firstly any defenders of the JP route would have an easy time defending. But ARENANET have done a good business of having siege in good positions reach just the right place to become strategical.

So defenders could cover JP with siege and shut out the attackers, but attackers themselves could be trebbing defenders on their side of the JP.

Add in a few islands in the middle of the JP, where you could make a stand and add siege and stuff, and you could have small action forces that could actually achieve large goals. If not taking a keep or Gar by themselves, allow mesmers to come in and port in a Zerg.

This would add another dimension to the warfare, and break up the monotony of the often rail like way it’s played today.

It would just be a way to put the (pretty good) JPs in the centre of the fight, instead of in an instance, where it’s supposed to be PvP, but doesn’t really say why except you enter the instance from WvW.

(edited by Felix.2613)

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

I still don’t know where the JP in EB is

As a side note, GW2 wiki is great resource, integrated with the game too.

Basically if you have any question about anything in game, type /wiki <whatever thing you need to know about> in game chat prompt and chances are, there will be a wiki topic that answers just that.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Mesmer portals.

Golems and zergs with at least 3-5 competent mesmers can easily port up people.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Well, I don’t want to lose fully upgraded keeps because there wasn’t a scout around the JP 24/7. And you already pointed out the flaw of it, mesmers. While it could be implemented that a huge amount of players coulndn’t complete it in a good enough pace, single mesmer can port in more than enough to insta cap a keep.

And there was these kind of JP’s to keeps before, they were called glitches, and no defender liked them.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

To adress issues. Yes it would make a keep more open. The outer keep, mesmers getting in, and thieves being able to roam in an enemy keep. Both these things are good things, they make the game more interesting.

To understand correctly, for example a JP, at the Bay in BL. between the ridges between the two northern gates. Easy to see if someone is trying to do it, and fighting on the plateus there. Keepside and outside. Or from the ruins and to the arch above the watergate, easyer for defenders/scouts to cover both northside and southside keep if it’s in the middle. So not in an instance, but smack right in the middle of the map.

the JP will be easy to defend as it is easy to grief in the instances we have now. A single def or two could hold back mesmers untill they give up. It would be a more fun way to defend than as is now where the mesmer is dead at the watergate and someone has to wait.

About the needing a scout 24/7. That’s already the case with the 24/7 zerg. If a keep is undefended it will fall. If there is no coverage the map will be lost.

But what can a scout defend against? The pvd train? Or someone trying to get into the JP?

In other words, enhancing small scale combat at the keeps, means there will be defenders there who can actually warn of incoming zergs. Instead of semi afking for hours as you help out your guild as a scout, you’ll actually have something to do.

Lastly, you could strengthen inner gate doors and walls abit. So any porting in would take a while longer. Doing this may be a good idea regardless of JP or not, as we all like the big fights in the inner keeps and Gar. And it’s the only place where zergs actually keep each other engaged for prolonged time.

(edited by Felix.2613)