Improvement to the Pip-System

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

In my opinion, the pip system right now is making it to attractive for people to go AFK on an outnumbered map. Also you just have to keep up your Participation.

This could be a solution:

1.) Increase the needed pips for single chests by ~20% to compensate for 2.)

2.) Put an additional Tab at the WvW window for extra pip aquisitions like:

- each 20 Playerkills -> 1 pip
- Capture Stonemist Castle -> 3 pips
- Capture a keep -> 2 pips
- Capture a tower -> 1 pip
- Revive 10 players -> 1 pip

And to compensate the outnumbered farm:

Remove the outnumbered +5 pips per tick. Instead, outnumbered players gain double pips by the extra quests named in 2.)
This will cause people to be active on outnumbered maps, whilst still getting more rewards/pips

This adds a little tournamentish tone to WvW. The additional tab could be made similar to the achievements, with filling bars. Once you filled the bar you get the pips.

in WvW

Posted by: Laurentius.2793

Laurentius.2793

love the idea.
having the revive player thing adds another layer too.

this can be a tool for the devs to reward wanted behaviour in the long run.

in WvW

Aury.1367

love the idea.
having the revive player thing adds another layer too.

this can be a tool for the devs to reward wanted behaviour in the long run.

exactly. also then theres no more “I WANT TOURNAMENTS”, because its a bit like it then.

in WvW

Posted by: muerte.3842

muerte.3842

In my opinion, the pip system right now is making it to attractive for people to go AFK on an outnumbered map. Also you just have to keep up your Participation.

This could be a solution:

1.) Increase the needed pips for single chests by ~20% to compensate for 2.)

2.) Put an additional Tab at the WvW window for extra pip aquisitions like:

- each 20 Playerkills -> 1 pip
- Capture Stonemist Castle -> 3 pips
- Capture a keep -> 2 pips
- Capture a tower -> 1 pip
- Revive 10 players -> 1 pip

And to compensate the outnumbered farm:

Remove the outnumbered +5 pips per tick. Instead, outnumbered players gain double pips by the extra quests named in 2.)
This will cause people to be active on outnumbered maps, whilst still getting more rewards/pips

This adds a little tournamentish tone to WvW. The additional tab could be made similar to the achievements, with filling bars. Once you filled the bar you get the pips.

There is far too many threads like this that suggest gaining pips for capturing towers etc. This will never work as this would just promote constant flipping of objectives like sm. Why would you want to defend an upgraded sm for 0 pips, when you can flip it for 3 pips? This will just turn wvw into eotm where blobs avoid each other purely for pips.

I’m not here suggesting the current method is working, which it isnt but this is not the solution.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

As muerte.3842 said, the fatal flaw in this design is that it promotes K-Training for pips. I want to like it, honestly, but history has shown that if you make K-Training the best method for rewards then it will flourish.

Perhaps these bonus pips could be awarded at the end of the week and have a cap on how many you could get? The incentive to do active things remains, then, but if the cap is low enough then perhaps it won’t be such an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As the above has mention, this has a fatal flaw: players. Because players are greedy kittens, this would be exploited up the wazoo from day 1. We already have a greyzone in the karma gains from flipping keeps, if you add precious pips into the mix players would simply invite the enemies to come cap the keep so that they can recap it. Everybody wins.

If you ask yourself the question “am I doing this for my loot or am I doing this for my server” and you overwhelmingly reply the first part, WvW has gone astray.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I fear this suggestion encourages K-training and zerging. Prefer the current system more than would want to encourage the “we can flip it back” mentality.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

TBH I am happy with the way it works now. You will always have people that take advantage of any system that Anet puts out. The same with ever other online game I have ever played. People will find loop holes and take advantage of them.

That being said, I think keep the opinions coming! We have to give feedback of what we think and want in WvW.

in WvW

Aury.1367

I fear this suggestion encourages K-training and zerging. Prefer the current system more than would want to encourage the “we can flip it back” mentality.

could add a cap. Recent patches didnt caused karma blobs all the way, fights are still prefered. So its like “defend SM and dont give them pips and get loot, or give it to them, run away and cap it back later”. I doubt any decent CMD would still give it up. But you could do a max. quest repeat number like “Max. 3 times SM per day”, but the “20 player kills” or “20 killer revives” could be infinite etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

TBH I am happy with the way it works now. You will always have people that take advantage of any system that Anet puts out. The same with ever other online game I have ever played. People will find loop holes and take advantage of them.

That being said, I think keep the opinions coming! We have to give feedback of what we think and want in WvW.

People like coldplay and voted for the kittens. You can’t trust people.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.