"In PvP only"

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Some long-needed buff or nerf has been applied!

in PvP only

:(

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Because pvp is essentially beta test and the balance is completely different there and so not all changes can be added to WvW copy paste not hard to see that, stats are completely diffferent, gameplay is completely different etc…..

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Don’t worry fam. Anet needs to test the impact those WvW nerf may have over there in PvP before they can be implemented in WvW.

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The specific nerf to purge gyro in PvP only was desperately needed.

That thing is wicked and everyone runs with it.

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I like the bit where they nerf a skill and add a new effect to change its functionality, but the nerf doesn’t get into WvW…so everything just becomes more powerful.

I guess I really needed to have poison as well as 2.5 seconds of immobilise from my automatic snare trait.

Gandara

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Miyafuji.1340

Miyafuji.1340

Agreed. Except perhaps warrior, things have been buffed. We do not need things to be buffed. WvW suffers from already too much CC and most importantly too much condi.

I am princess Tomiko Miyafuji, daughter of Lady Zenith the unforgiving…. beware…
My old backstory: http://www.archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/1873740

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I was literally about to make a thread with this title, lol.

Anet

True Shot: The recharge of this skill has been increased from 4 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.

That’s the only change that mentioned that it also applied in WvW. Other changes, like Warrior’s headbutt, were universal. The bulk of everything was PvP only.

I’m curious as to why they changed True Shot for WvW as well but didn’t change all the rest of the things. Was it an accident? Is there some master plan? I don’t think we’ll ever know…

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: TenthLife.5724

TenthLife.5724

I don’t get their thought process, but then again wvw is and has been on life support for a long time.
Most changes are “in pvp only”, that’s kittened. Ty for nothing, yet again.

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Miyafuji.1340

Miyafuji.1340

That one matters little, there is so much projectile resistance thrown around that the bow is weak as it is. I stopped using it long time ago in WvW cause you cannot have a weapon that will just not hit the target at all in most zerg fights. Wall of reflection was even buffed now, so nope.

I am princess Tomiko Miyafuji, daughter of Lady Zenith the unforgiving…. beware…
My old backstory: http://www.archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/1873740

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

and yet there were many nerfs that were across all game modes….i dont think ANET is being methodical with the “lets beta test in PvP first”

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The problem I see with the update is that there was only one instance where WvW was specifically mentioned.

Necromancer
Our biggest focus in this iteration for necromancers was that of Epidemic, in that its impact is too instant in most PvP scenarios, as well as its heavy toll on our servers.

It seems to me that if the sudden condition transfer from one skill taxes the server, what happens in WvW when one zerg hits another zerg and every skill adds a condition?

A three way fight in SMC caused lag in WvW years ago, before epidemic was meta.

Should the WvW version of skills have less conditions to improve WvW server performance?

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

I was literally about to make a thread with this title, lol.

Anet

True Shot: The recharge of this skill has been increased from 4 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.

That’s the only change that mentioned that it also applied in WvW. Other changes, like Warrior’s headbutt, were universal. The bulk of everything was PvP only.

I’m curious as to why they changed True Shot for WvW as well but didn’t change all the rest of the things. Was it an accident? Is there some master plan? I don’t think we’ll ever know…

That garbage trueshot change only hurts DH roamers/havoc squad and doesn’t affect zerg play whatsoever. Meanwhile rev hammer 2…

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

as said in my thread, the problem is: nerfs (pvp only), while other skills got boosted to compensate for this nerf (world wide). Great eh? Enjoy WvW…

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Should the WvW version of skills have less conditions to improve WvW server performance?

Yes, please, by all means.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The problem I see with the update is that there was only one instance where WvW was specifically mentioned.

Necromancer
Our biggest focus in this iteration for necromancers was that of Epidemic, in that its impact is too instant in most PvP scenarios, as well as its heavy toll on our servers.

It seems to me that if the sudden condition transfer from one skill taxes the server, what happens in WvW when one zerg hits another zerg and every skill adds a condition?

The same is said about boons.

I’ve been saying this for a while because it was commented on by ANet programmers years ago, but server lag is pretty much entirely caused by effect and ability spamming (especially passive boons and condis) in ZvZ scenarios.

When we see cuts to mass condi application, mass boon application, and extended passives (which often apply these), the server lag issues will be mostly fixed.

Yet again, the problems lie in profession design.

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Necromancer

The same is said about boons.

I’ve been saying this for a while because it was commented on by ANet programmers years ago, but server lag is pretty much entirely caused by effect and ability spamming (especially passive boons and condis) in ZvZ scenarios.

When we see cuts to mass condi application, mass boon application, and extended passives (which often apply these), the server lag issues will be mostly fixed.

Yes absolutely, for both conditions and boons. First of all, the spam makes for completely mindless play. It takes a lot of fun and skill out, since these are just kitten out by professions now.

Secondly, it would go a very long way towards reducing lag, especially in WvW zerg fights. Less condi and boon spam means less things to check each tick. While the actual impact is yet to be seen, it will directly reduce server load, which will reduce lag.

Thirdly, the spam needs to be reduced because its bad balance plain and simple. A lot of skills are doing too many things at once. Skull grinder was a great example of this, it dealt decent power damage, applied 4 conditions at once (and 4 stacks of the damaging ones to boot), dazed for 1 second, and was a finisher. And all of that on a 3 second CD when traited. That was way too much from one skill. (Personally I still think it does too many things, daze, power damage and 4 conditions all applied at once is still a lot more things than most skills in the game do, but its in a much better spot than it was pre-patch). Skills should be doing 1 or 2 things, and then can be traited to doing 3, maybe 4 things (though this should require an entire traitline dedicated to it. Should never, ever be baseline or require just a single major trait).

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Necromancer

Words of wisdom from an old sage living in seclusion analysing the WvW crisis. Praise the light (field) so we can hope and cure our condition problem (cancer).

Seriously, it would not hurt to tone down this cancer!

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Let’s not forget that the more important boons/condis are, the more critical it becomes to quickly recognize that they exist. Right now, it’s nigh impossible to see what’s going on. Some effects have visual tells but when your opponent is sporting 8 boons, it gets sort of messy.

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yes I’ve been saying it for years yet they continue to bring in new boons and conditions. The right hand of anet doesn’t know what the left is doing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

"In PvP only"

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

In regards to server lag and the causes since it is mostly calculation workloads due to all the Condi and boom Spam, if they reduced the numbers across the board i.e. Stacks/durations/Defensive stats and damaging stats so all numbers are effectively lower then it should make the lag more manageable.