Incentives to commanding; good idea bad idea?

in WvW

Posted by: rek.1742

rek.1742

I had an idea on what would make people actually “want” to tag up for WvW. I have seen this from experience but a lot of people refuse to tag up even though they have that capability. Excuses usually come up in the form of: tired, not experienced enough, there is no motivation, etc.

This can be addressed by giving some form of incentive for people to want to tag up. Although, this isn’t a big issue now since the merges it would still be nice for commanders to get some special reward for doing what they do because trust me when I say “commanding is not easy

The reason I bring this up is because when I noticed that there was an incentive for doing WvW (reward tracks) a lot of people gave positive feedback on that as well as repopulated the WvW game mode. I’m pretty sure this was a “drive” to give people a reason to WvW. There should also be a drive to give people a reason to tag up.

As far as the rewards go I’m sure the devs can think of something unless the general public has an opinion on this. I want other peoples opinion on this as to whether this would be a good idea or bad idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I’ve always thought there should be incentives given to commanders, but it might be a little too late to be handing something like that out.

That and people would complain that a commander tag is 300g so it makes the rewards too hard to get.

On another note, they should really drop the tag price down to 100g again imo.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

rek.1742

Well one thing I would probably suggest as far as rewards go would be something like: getting more badges of honor or proof of heroics to get more siege without it being too costly on the tag itself. Seige itself isn’t very cheap (for superiors anyways) and WvW alone doesn’t really give a lot of coin since it was introduced to us. Allowing tags to get more proof of heroics would make acquiring siege itself a lot less of a hassle.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

It needs to depend on how many people the commander has in his squad. We don’t need 50 people running tags while they are flipping camps just to get better rewards.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

rek.1742

There could be a threshold as to how many people the tag needs in squad before any of those “rewards” start to be applicable. Because people can just tag up for no real reason and have no one in squad and still have some benefit of the tag reward with no real effort put into WvW.

Hard work should be rewarded and like mentioned before, tagging up is not easy especially since this merge of server where its only 50 v 50 and people expect you to keep going even after you wipe or win.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

It needs to depend on how many people the commander has in his squad. We don’t need 50 people running tags while they are flipping camps just to get better rewards.

While I agree, I can see this being easily abused. Like they’re still running 50 people but have 5 commander tags and 10 people in each squad, but all actually following just one person.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

rek.1742

This was just a thought I had recently come up with but like anything new added into the game it can always go wrong cough* the first intro to DBL before the remake cough *. It would just be nice to have some encouragement to those who are hesitant in trying to tag up or those who have no motivation to want to tag up.

While I agree, I can see this being easily abused. Like they’re still running 50 people but have 5 commander tags and 10 people in each squad, but all actually following just one person.

The threshold doesn’t have to be 10 people in one squad it can be higher than 10. Now that we got introduced to a new server which = more people seeing 10 people as one group is kind of rare but still possible. I would say something like 20 or 25 something along those lines.

Seeing more than one tag grouped up isn’t all that uncommon. With your example of having 5 tags following one main tag is actually kind of a good thing. The other tags can be used strategically. BLUE hits tail, YELLOW ranges, RED is melee, etc. but I digress.

There is no harm in having more than one tag around a main tag but I do agree with not having 10 people as the limit which is why I suggested it to be higher such as 20 or 25.

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Do we really need more rewards for blobbing? Why wouldn’t a havok commander who has to get things done with 5 to 15 people not deserve a reward?