Increase rewards for WvW

Increase rewards for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Ok. I understand that Arena Net has to make money, .

Arena Net wants to push players to buy Heart of Thorns, and I am fine with this too because I agree with rewarding developers’ time spent building the game.

At the same time, I also believe that Arena Net should honor top rewards to players who contribute in creating content in this game.

WvW could be a perfect place to do just that as an end game for players. It is a part of the game content created by players with Arena Net’s infrastructure support. The Tagged Commanders, the roamers, the coordinating guilds, and the zerglings are trying their best to entertain each other and creating content for Anet. Without them, there would be no WvW but empty maps like what often happened the Desert Borderlands. All of these players deserve to be rewarded for the time spent in WvW a least at same rate as time spent in PvE.

There are things in the game currently are designed to entice players to own Heart of Thorns, like powerful Elite specialization and high PvE rewards for events like Dragon’s Stand.

Probably because WvW is accessible to even players from free to play, its reward appeared to be reduced. This is unnecessary because Arena Net has already gave players without HoT disadvantages, without access to more powerful Elite specialization and War Room updates. Players without HoT should more likely be loot bags than picking up bags. As a Tempest, its power and sustainability becomes obvious to me after playing a few time and learning the skills.

Yesterday, I spent about 3 hours in Dragon’s Stand, the first hour we just did some events on one of the path while taxing players in and we completed the events after the map reset. I also spent about 3 hours in Edge of the Mist, commanding a zerg, taking towers and keeps, defending our keep and winning all the zerg fights. It was fun. However, the amount of loot from WvW was half or less than what was from Dragon’ Stand.

So here is what I am at.

I don’t want to go back to Dragons’ Stand often because it was mindless just like I only went to Ascalonian Catacombs once in last 3 years and Fractals a couple of times.

And I am reluctant to come to WvW because players’ effort in creating content for this game do not seems to be appreciated by the developer.

So Arena Net,

for next big WvW upgrade, please give extra consideration for rewarding players’ time in WvW. Your message for players to upgrade to HoT is loud and clear with Elite specialization, Dragon banners, and Airship Defense and low rewards in WvW does not have to be this part of sale.

And please also reward the guilds that brought War Room upgrades in the game and maybe give them favors for kills by these devices.

Fire Water Air
FA

(edited by Lord of Rings.5371)

Increase rewards for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Be careful what you wish for.

I remember being in T1 at the start of season 1 and the borderlands were absolutely packed for about a week. The queues were ridiculous. I know that sounds like a nice problem to have considering the current state of wvw. Only problem is everyone who just ventured into wvw for the first time to get their achievements or whatever had ABSOLUTELY no idea what they were doing or how to fight. I’ve never killed so many, so easily, since gw2 launched. That gets old, real fast.

Osu

Increase rewards for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I remember being in T1 at the start of season 1 and the borderlands were absolutely packed for about a week. The queues were ridiculous. I know that sounds like a nice problem to have considering the current state of wvw. Only problem is everyone who just ventured into wvw for the first time to get their achievements or whatever had ABSOLUTELY no idea what they were doing or how to fight. I’ve never killed so many, so easily, since gw2 launched. That gets old, real fast.

that’s how it is right now in tier 3, difference being that the server winning isn’t very good at fighting. right now, if someone could watch a machinima like playback of each week of matchups in tier 3, it would seem to be the most toxic thing you’ve ever seen.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Increase rewards for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

problem is everyone who just ventured into wvw for the first time to get their achievements or whatever had ABSOLUTELY no idea what they were doing or how to fight..

Just make EotM more rewarding for new players to stay there by setting WvW rewards outside EotM only accessible for players above certain WvW rank, say 100.

Players with WvW rank below such rank gets nothing, no loot, no gold, no karma outside Eotm in WvW but equally well rewarded in EotM.

Fire Water Air
FA

Increase rewards for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

When’s the last time you were in EotM? It’s full of Platinum Legends that have never fought another player.

I’ve always thought that wvw rewards should be tied to wvw achievements. You get ascended trinkets galore for stupid story quests but all I got for slapping 2,500 yaks was a frickin’ title. I don’t expect anet to start handing out precursors, but the occasional ascended weapon or armor box or maybe wvw-specific skins would be nice. Basically, rewards should be considered too grindy for pve players, but something that us wvwers can look forward to after X 1000 kills or X 100 towers captured.

Osu

(edited by Osu.6307)

Increase rewards for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

WvW doesn’t need more rewards it needs to be more self sufficient.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Increase rewards for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ShinigamiPL.4086

ShinigamiPL.4086

They should simply modify track reward from pvp. Right now if you have played GW2 since release or sth like that it’s most likely that you do have fully equipped characters, with asc amor, rings etc. It’s almost sure that u can switch between several builds because again – you have in your bank condi stuff, power stuff and/ or you got a lot of gold to use mistic forge. But if you are casual player and/ or new player you most certain do not have such equipment nor do you have possibility to obtain it in wvw. So either you accept the fact that you play against ppl who have better stats on their gear AND you accept the fact that you WILL NOT obtain such gear in close future (only luck can help) or you spend time in SW or other farm (instead playing wvw and getting more and more experiance). From my point of view this approach (current one) has no logic. You should be able to set ‘reward track’ on very specific gear, the only discussion would be how much time/effort you need to obtain it. Because – again from my point of view – casual players are not interested in running with shovels for a month or sth just to be able to get the gear that gives them ‘fair’ chances with the enemy. And if we take into consideration population we have this days, we really cant afford to send them to run in digging brainless groups but instead they should focus their efforts into roaming/ zerg etc gameplay cause that will help whole wvw community, especially in terms of that big big big desert borders.