Interesting Observation

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

So now that they have upped the amount of pips we all get, and they upped the weekly ticket cap to almost double the previous cap (which might I add was an excellent decision) where are all the people who were vehemently opposed to any changes to the pips and/or ticket changes?

I don’t see how this change, which was proposed awhile back, and was vehemently opposed by so many was such a bad idea? I don’t see anyone complaining about it now, and I don’t understand why so many were so resistant to this change which really helped a lot of people out, and made getting rewards in wvw more realistic.

aka. “The Complainer”

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Cause everyone is getting more now.

More people are hitting the weekly cap. People who get 1 pip are making 3x as much lol. If someon1 who usually made 1 pip makes 3x as many pips, and twice as many tickets in their reward track each week….they are going 6x as fast as before the update.

All rewards are now attainable by any player regardless of their wvsw rank. You expected wvsw vets to complain about this? If we were pve players we would, but we aren’t. Were used to zero reward track, zero pip system, zero tip assist.

All the people complaining about people cheating the pip system and “afking” and using “multi-accounts” and all that kitten were pve players. They are players who think everyone has to grind spamming 1 as much as they do for a skin, or its UNFAIR!!!

I’d give them all the skins in the game if I could, then they would leave the game out of boredom. They are off playing their own little game, i don’t mind so long as they STOP forcing it on the real game.

Regardless they fill a void most players think is necessary i.e. population…..so throw them some hats now and then I guess.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I agree with Cerby. I guess most of us would be rather ‘happy’ to not have hordes of PvE players in wvw as it is very exhausting.
And on the same time I don’t care about pips at all – it’s nice to have a carrot, but other than that I don’t need all that junk. I want to play my game, have good fights and be happy. I was fine with getting less pips and I’m also fine with getting more because I just don’t care.

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

=) ppl will come and go but tis the community that keeps things going in wvw

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Odinens.5920

Odinens.5920

Because those people got all the stuff by now, and don’t care how long it takes everyone else to get it, since they got it 1st.

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Funnily enough I find the need of having to salvage/sort/sell my inventory more frequently to be more of a hassle. xD

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I still get more pips then you. And i frankly don’t give a kitten about rewards, never did.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

I think u all missed the OP’s point – when he proposed the original pip acquisition was too steep/difficult to attain – most players agreed/supported – but strangely, there were scads of vets in here complaining vociferously that it should not be changed and it should be really hard to get ur pip acquisition! However, now that the pip rewards have been shortened, no one is complaining – everyone is happy, including all the formerly disgruntled (O No Don’t Change It!) vets. So why all the protest/condemnation in the first place? How were they hurt? O that’s right, they weren’t – no one was! So the nasty “anti-pip-increase” backlash/resistance was not only nonsensical, it was always an attack without substance. They’re not in here now complaining about all the “harsh” net effects to them post change. I would say it was hypocritical, but I think it may have a nastier component to it.

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

No one is complaining because unlike OP, we can move on from things. Unlike OP who likes to bring up things incessantly over & over again.

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I think we’re in a good position now. I’d rather they lowered the wvw rank requirement for the T3 armors, but such is life.

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

No one is complaining because unlike OP, we can move on from things. Unlike OP who likes to bring up things incessantly over & over again.

yah but they changed it because people like me were vocal, so I don’t get it, don’t you want them to change it back? Where is the outrage, isn’t this affecting you negatively? Isn’t it extremely important to make sure that others don’t get those rewards, they might lose there prestige. I mean the amount of push back that i got when I suggested that they upped the pip gain and ticket cap was tremendous, from a group of about the same 15 forum posters, where are they now in regards to this decision? I’d like to know what they think about this change and how its negatively impacting them.

If its not negatively impacting them, then it seems as though they are just basically trolling threads, with no real agenda other then to try and disrupt conversations.

aka. “The Complainer”

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Well then, move on from my other suggestions as well! And let people play! Happiness for all!

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

So now that they have upped the amount of pips we all get, and they upped the weekly ticket cap to almost double the previous cap (which might I add was an excellent decision) where are all the people who were vehemently opposed to any changes to the pips and/or ticket changes?

I don’t see how this change, which was proposed awhile back, and was vehemently opposed by so many was such a bad idea? I don’t see anyone complaining about it now, and I don’t understand why so many were so resistant to this change which really helped a lot of people out, and made getting rewards in wvw more realistic.

I only remember people complaining mostly about people who are demanding the rank requirement for T3 to be reduced, because that armor is a prestige. As for pips, wvwers generally don’t care since it just rewards and rewards isn’t why wvwers play wvw.

I also find it hard to comprehend why casuals care so much about rewards in a casual game where gear grind isn’t a thing at all. That behavior strike me as more materialistic than any gear grind games’ community.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

yah but they changed it because people like me were vocal, so I don’t get it, don’t you want them to change it back?

I wish game developers would learn from statements like these. Then they won’t be quite so surprised their forums turn into yelling, screaming people who have been reinforced into believing that if you throw a tantrum long and loud enough, you get your way.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

The amount of whining and entitlement is incredible. It’s truly horrible you actually have to play the game mode to get your rewards. The amount of time you need to put into the game mode to get ticket rewards is a fraction of what vets have already put in. In addition, nothing is preventing you from popping some boosters and leveling very quickly (an option not available to vets years ago).

Anet made a great decision with the pip reward system and I hope it stays. I really hope they don’t cave to the gimmie gimmie now now now people that won’t be around anyways once they get the shiny they want.

kitten snowflakes are everywhere on these forums. So wvwers been asking for some reward for ranks for like 3 yrs finally it happens and pvers walk in day one and start complaining about unfair? Apparently you arent aware of how insulting that is. Its starting a job and asking for everyones salary to suddenly equal your starting pay.

We didnt farm the ranks there was no reason ever to farm ranks…farm ranks so I can do more damage with a catapult or carry more siege to help my team? These ranks were gotten for playing game mode and had basically no purpose beyond 1300. We still played because anet made a uniquely entertaining game mode that rewarded having fun together. All the pvers asking for handouts just to get their pve candy is really sad.

If you listen to the devs on Guild Chat they explain the pip system. Low ranking ppl arent expected to finish the track every week.

The difference in rewards and time it takes dor newbies vs vets to gain them is INTENDED. Its not a mistake. It was designed that way knowing how long it will take. Working as intended. Id a newbie wants the same rewards as vet they have to work alot harder. My reccomendation is to enjoy your celery stick.

Leave it the way it is

With that logic, I should be able to walk into a high level fractal with pure exotics and 0 agony resistance and be able to get ascended drops just like everyone else in fractals 100.

Anet, I applaud you for rewarding people loyal to the game mode. Sorry pugs, but you’ll have to show how loyal you are by putting the time in like everyone else. -_- kids these days, always expect to have things handed to them.

PvE players always complain the loudest when the other game modes get new shinies.

Their need for instant gratification is astounding

Good to see pve entitlement is alive and well.

As a pve player, I agree with you. This is ridiculous. These rewards are clearly aimed towards the people who have been keeping an entire game mode alive for years and that’s how it should be.

I too see a big problem in gaining pips. they should have switched something out, like, instead of more rank = more pips the rank should give you more chests per week. bronze with 2 chests and silver with 3 (more loot) etcpp.
the players should be equally treated, but the higher-ranks should get more loot.
you know what i mean?

More blues and greens? No thanks. Pips work.

None of these complaining pvers ever mentioned all the world buffs we vet wvw players accumulated forthem over the past years. Now we vet wvw players get something in return ( quicker rewards, not more) its boohoo unfair. Get over it and grind for it if you want something.

I just can’t hit the cap weekly.

Trajan anticipated your comment in his/her original post:

we who have played this game mode for a long time are used to getting zero to no rewards so this system is fine, we will get it eventually.

You don’t have to hit the cap weekly. You will still get it eventually.

Correct. Kam, you are making two choices here.
-1. To get the tickets in the first place.
-2. To try to hit the cap.

The game doesn’t require either. Don’t do it as ‘a second job’. Do it because you want to, and the difference between now and 6 months ago, is that there IS a reward for the time you DO put in.

I love the game mode, and will still play it, but I can’t get past the 2nd or 3rd chest weekly. It feels like I’m wasting my time there if I can’t actually get anywhere. Only getting 20-45 tickets a week isn’t really much.

I’d only like weapon skins, and armor skins, but at the current rate, it’d be years for someone like me being unable to put the required time in for capping weekly.

Other game modes are way more rewarding, and I think WvW should be as rewarding for all types of players wanting to do it, for both veterans and newcomers.

An influx of players is good for any game mode. Sure some will leave, but many newcomers will no doubt get hooked and have a blast. I just think tickets should be rewarded more often for chest rewards, instead of all at the end.

Agreed that an influx is good.

Other game modes have Always been more rewarding.

I am on record in here as saying that intra tuer chest rewards would be OK instead of just at the end of bronze/silver/etc

But decreasing the overall time? Decreasing the PiP requirements, decreasing ticket closet? No to all of these.

Getting the skins fast isn’t the answer.

aka. “The Complainer”

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I’m not sure what he’s asking for really… He wants us to go in a vicious circle? So you want us to get it changed back so you can complain again?

Interesting Observation

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Strawman argument.

The quotes you have made are nothing but pips argument that demand ranks pip to be equalised. However, in anet case, they increase pip gain on a base value basis which means ranks pip still remains. Likewise, there is nothing in the quote that talks about tickets.

Furthermore, these pips arguments were made before announcement of legendary armor. Now, a lot of wvers have interest in those legendary stats as it benefits a gameplay that require frequent changes of stats.

Fallacy isn’t a argument, is a poor attempt to start a non-intellect conflict.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Continued….

No. Do not change the PIP accumulation rate.

If the skin isn’t worth it, then fine. Find something else to grind.

Generally, the people who are complaining about this are people who don’t play the mode.

Suck it up, or do something else.

It really IS that simple.

The complainer(and yes that is his name on BG) won’t admit that players of the same rank, and playing in the same BL, with the same server, get the same number of PiPs. Just because effort was put in earlier, does not mean that the effort isn’t the same.

Keep the PIP system the same.

WvW vets should get faster PiP rewards because for 4+ years rewards in WvW were non-existent. Keep telling me how unfair it is when I had to PvE for years (which I don’t particularly enjoy) to fund my WvW play.

PvE and to some extent PvP have been swimming in better rewards for years. WvW players finally get some love and some come in here QQ’ing about fairness. Typical.

Are you supposed to, as a bronze-silver player, open the Diamond box every week?

It seems like what the game expects you to do and what players expect to do are out of order.

Each player is limited per week in how many tickets they can get, therefore ranks are irrelevant as a rank 1 player can still get the same amount of tickets per week as someone with rank 9k. There are different ways to increase the amount of pips you can get, ranks are only a part of it and it is to reward players who have stuck with the game mode that for years was never as rewarding as pvp or pve.

The rewards are meant to be a longterm goal which is why there is a weekly limit. It is not meant to be farmed in a few days or weeks so people will get bored and leave.

If you dont like it, dont do it, simple as that. There are other ways of acquiring gear. None of the rewards are closed off to you if you actually want to work for them. Any player with a high rank had to earn them, it did not just magically happen and yet you seem to act like you are entitled to everything right away. How about you stop making thread after thread complaining about how this or that is not fair simply because it’s harder for you.

I’m aware of the ticket cap, you didnt address any of my logic, and basically just said if I dont like it, don’t do it.

My point is that its discouraging and puts newer players at a time disadvantage whereas other content does not.

There is no “logic”, its just complaining. Stop acting as if you are some champion for new players, we have seen your other threads. It is just constant complaining with an attitude of self entitlement. We get it, you want it easier and you think its unfair that they rewarded players who actually cared about WvW and not you.

What you fail to understand OP, is that WvW players have historically been under rewarded for their game time vs PvE players.

This is a nod to the dedicated players of this game type, and you have no right to complain about it.

I am genuinely curious to what these players think after this change, How has it negatively affected them? By upping the base pips it has essentially lowered the value of veteran rank based pips. They seem vehemently opposed to any change to the pip system.

aka. “The Complainer”

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Dude has to live up to his nickname “The Complainer” even when he gets rewarded.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Somewhere in that zillion page (compilation of merged complaint threads I may remind people) I suggested that if they’re going to keep skirmish place pts at 5-4-3 they should change pip gain from 3-2-1 to match. Should I take credit for that change, cause it seems like it’s one of the biggest perks short of tickets in every chest.

The arguments about pips spanned the gauntlet of rank requirements, speed, outnumbered and commander buffs and who was in there for what reason, and those threads started the first week the system came out, were cleaned up and merged into what is being rehased here almost 2 months later for some reason.

Yes, people had issues and argued, but it was merged at 11 or 12 pages and ended at 18 pages, so one cant really be certain all arguments were directed at their own personal issue with the system unless they had time to read through all…what 5 original threads that first came out and then figure out what order Anet merged them in to see if their gloat fest comes into play.

Long story short, if you’re a lower rank (which last I recall the OP was) and if you’re on a server that gets 1st place alot (which the OP is) and if you dislike wvw but want the rewards (which…well, hard to tell on that first part, but obvious on the second) then gz, anet changed the system after people got used to it just like several people in that thread including anet said they probably would.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Interesting Observation

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Yea, it was merged and I complained about it with the forums team, it was then clarified and apologized for it.

I also remembered OP’d topic is about ranks requirement. Not too sure how that topic sway towards another topic. I can only conclude so-called discussions involve a lot of logical fallacies to allow topic to switch from one to another. Then again, I can’t call a fallacy a discussion.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

yah but they changed it because people like me were vocal

I’ll take credit for ArenaNet increasing the base pips because that was my suggestion. You only complained about the rank bonus and wanting it taken away.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Feedback-Pip-Acquisition-merged/page/10#post6629239

As you wrote: “Im completely 100% fine w/ 1st place getting 3 pips, 2nd getting 2 and 3rd getting 1, im talking about pips awarded due to rank”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Feedback-Pip-Acquisition-merged/page/5#post6621897

As I wrote: “I would argue that the main issue is the slow progression with the base number of pips that causes a new player or new to game mode player to have to play an inordinate amount of time compared to other game modes. That makes much more sense than trying to push the “same rewards” argument and attack other players for having played this game mode more than you.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Feedback-Pip-Acquisition-merged/page/10#post6629236

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Chaba.5410

yah but they changed it because people like me were vocal, so I don’t get it, don’t you want them to change it back?

I wish game developers would learn from statements like these. Then they won’t be quite so surprised their forums turn into yelling, screaming people who have been reinforced into believing that if you throw a tantrum long and loud enough, you get your way.

What’s funny is this guy didn’t even have an effect due to all his complaining. ArenaNet implemented the constructive suggestion. Logical and practical solutions don’t need emotional outbursts and forum-spamming to make sense.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

What’s funny is this guy didn’t even have an effect due to all his complaining. ArenaNet implemented the constructive suggestion. Logical and practical solutions don’t need emotional outbursts and forum-spamming to make sense.

All i said was they should up the amount of pips we get so it dosent take so long to hit weekly ticket cap, which they did exactly that (i dont really care how they went about doing this). Also i made a few threads about this which they merged, into one giant thread, which is what they did with your thread as well.

Either way Id love to hear what these players think of this change now, since it was a direct contradiction of what wvw vets wanted.

aka. “The Complainer”

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Well the way they went about giving extra pips was wrong, especially when you consider broken/unbalanced servers like Blackgate and under-performing servers like TC.

The extra pips according to how well your server is skewed as a function of the poorly balanced WvW servers due to bandwagoning and server transfers on the whole.

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Chaba.5410

All i said was they should up the amount of pips we get so it dosent take so long to hit weekly ticket cap

Nope, you said you were fine with 1 pip for third place, etc. and that everyone should get same amount. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Feedback-Pip-Acquisition-merged/page/10#post6629239

You don’t get to take credit for someone else’s suggestion.

Chaba Tangnu

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

All i said was they should up the amount of pips we get so it dosent take so long to hit weekly ticket cap

Nope, you said you were fine with 1 pip for third place, etc. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Feedback-Pip-Acquisition-merged/page/10#post6629239

yah I’m ok with 1 pip for rank 3, but figured they could just give us more pips from something else, which is what they did, its still 1 pip for third place, but everyone now gets 2 more pips so now it says 3 pips for tier 3. Skirmish rank pips are increased but still distributed relatively the same as before so its fine w/me since it has been increased.

Since they don’t balance servers though, its a little unfair to unblanced servers, but that’s a separate issue and at least getting rank 1 in skirmish requires some effort/skill as opposed to being a vet and simply just getting more. Vet’s still get more then new players, but what they get has been reduced in value, due to base pips rising.

aka. “The Complainer”

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What’s sad is that everyone responding to the dozen or so threads are also reinforcing the behaviour, too.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

i wish pips are tradable so i can donate mine to people so eager to craft the legendaries that WvW provides….

Anet please make tickets available for 10 gold a piece minimum on trade market so that pvers wont have complain that its too hard for them to farm pips than gold,
that way, wvwers will become rich and pvers wont have to be tormented by wvwers on wvw for easy bags

share your blessings

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

thanks,
but i had my fill on space exploration

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

PIPs we’re pretty easy to get and now are even easier. Why complain now?

I already got my diamond for the week.
And that’s with my server, getting butt-blasted all weekend. 121 times in 3rd place in the ticks. lol.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

PIPs we’re pretty easy to get and now are even easier. Why complain now?

I already got my diamond for the week.
And that’s with my server, getting butt-blasted all weekend. 121 times in 3rd place in the ticks. lol.

I’m not complaining I think the change is great, I’m wondering what all of the detractors who opposed this change think about it, and I’m wondering how its affected them?

aka. “The Complainer”

Interesting Observation

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Keep in mind that the reward tickets and pips were not as much needed before the most recent changes, mainly ascended to legendary. Now, if you wanna gear all your toons in flexible gear, you’ll need a ton more tickets, hence the caps went up.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF