Introduce an Airship to WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Having done the Arah story a few days ago, I have to say the big highlight of that dungeon was the Airship portions, especially the parts where you use the main guns to blast things. So, I have a suggestion.

An extra upgrade to SM Castle would be “Build an Airship”. It would basically be the twin of the one in the first part of the Arah dungeon and would have a dedicated waypoint accessible to the controlling team. To build the Airship, the building team must have max improvements on SM and use the entire supply store.

The Airship would then travel around WvW on a predetermined path, passing over the outer walls of the various keeps (but not the inner walls) at a relatively slow pace, and maybe stopping occasionally. I envision the trip around the entire WvW area taking about 60 minutes. Players could choose to ride on the Airship, using its main guns to blast people, or utilize it to attack keep upgrades and so on.

The Airship itself cannot be destroyed, but the guns can be damaged and require supplies to repair them. The only way to remove the Airship from the map would be to flip SM.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

No, thanks.

/15 chars

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

Cool idea but SM really doesn’t need to give more advantages than it already does to the owner.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Cool idea but SM really doesn’t need to give more advantages than it already does to the owner.

Isn’t the point of SM to be advantageous and encourage the worlds to fight for it?

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Isn’t the point of SM to be advantageous and encourage the worlds to fight for it?

Yes, but it’s somewhat of a paradox isn’t it? Add too much to SM, and fighting for it will be impossible. Add too little, and no one would bother with it.

A fricking flying airship that can siege anything on the map? Come on man…

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

What next? An International Space Station? AWACS? Nuclear Launch Sites? Red Alert: THAT → WAY

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

Being able to treb the other teams towers from sm while safe from aoes and I don’t just mean from the 3rd floor isn’t advantageous enough for you? Some spots around sm can be really hard to hit with counter siege before your siege is trebbed.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarok.4586

Ragnarok.4586

I think they should make each of the 3 BLs topographically different before they start messing with anything else, graphically, anyways.

Mekanos – Engineer | Alradian – Warrior
[FcTR] on Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

If it was faster than 60 mins, maybe more like 20 (60 is too slow, lets it strafe towers for way too long), didn’t have much in way of siege capabilities and was mostly good for hitting zerg if it was in the right place at the right time, it could work.

Then again it’d probably cost gold and for something so haphazard and unreliable nobody would bother get it. Well, unless they were feeling silly.

Disciple of Quag

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

What next? An International Space Station? AWACS? Nuclear Launch Sites? Red Alert: THAT -> WAY

Deathstar, lets not muck around anymore!

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

I think they should make each of the 3 BLs topographically different before they start messing with anything else, graphically, anyways.

Never. They should never do this.

Its ridiculously hard to balance 3 different sides of a map as is. Eventually it would be decided which of the 3 new BLs are better to own and then the QQing would go on for ages

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

They would need to add AA guns to balance.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

Asuran air support would be interesting to add, but they would have to seriously redesign things to make this possible. Otherwise, you just build up a ship and then drop troops into keeps and flip the map in a matter of minutes.

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Zolihan.8674

Zolihan.8674

An extra upgrade to SM Castle would be “Build an Airship”. It would basically be the twin of the one in the first part of the Arah dungeon and would have a dedicated waypoint accessible to the controlling team. To build the Airship, the building team must have max improvements on SM and use the entire supply store.

I would support this if you change “Airship” to “Starship” and have them perform “We Built This City” on the second floor of SM.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

I would be fine with it if it was a buff for the home border team only. to make defending easier

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

I would support this if you change “Airship” to “Starship” and have them perform “We Built This City” on the second floor of SM.

I believe this is what youtube is for.

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

If you can C&D off of the airship the 75% of wvw pop will be in favor of this change. The other 25% will blame culling.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

The OP is evidence that cute ideas are not often good ideas.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Frankly, if they WERE to introduce an airship, I would only agree to it if it could only be used as a breakout type event, but to take control of the keep on your server’s side of the EB.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i think it could work if there was a way to shoot them down. obviously this wouldn’t go with SM, they’d be like siege golems.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

What next? An International Space Station? AWACS? Nuclear Launch Sites? Red Alert: THAT -> WAY

Nuclear launchs… mmmmmm… Zerg wipes…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: yriafelc.6124

yriafelc.6124

And here I am thinking that we should have ship battles in the middle of borderlands using cannons. I need more imagination apparently.

[Urge]

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

The airship addition could originate from our spawn and operate like a break-out event. with the exception that it would fly to a random enemy structure on a map and operate as a waypoint for a very brief time. Basically Dredgion for those who played Aion.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m not a fan of the idea. I prefer more smaller group (10v10) battles

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Deathstar, lets not muck around anymore!

Too late. It’s already in the game.

Attachments: