Invincible Mesmers, always, every time

in WvW

Posted by: Nokomis.5076

Nokomis.5076

Sorry, but WvW is NEVER fun when I’m trying to do my dailys there.

Again I was downed from one another player within a SECOND! while being a guardian myself. And again I couldn’t hit the enemy the slightest because it was immune to my attacks.

This happens way too often. This can’t be right. This MUST be a bug. And nobody can blame me because of any “bad” build. I don’t care about builds. It MUST not be possible, that I can be downed within a second from a series of unstoppable attacks while I can do NOTHING against it.

It doesn’t even help when I’m doing the dailys with a friend, as we are BOTH downed within mere seconds.

Please do something against this. I don’t care about crying Mesmer-players now. Bring balance into something that must be fun for anyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Arenanet combat: Learn piano or die.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Sorry, but WvW is NEVER fun when I’m trying to do my dailys there.

There’s your first problem, expecting to do dailies in a WvW map like it’s PvE.

I don’t care about builds.

And that’s your second problem. Don’t bring PvE builds into WvW and expect success.

Seeing your posting history of less than two years and this is your first post in WvW, let me give you some advice. There are players in WvW that have developed builds that do what they are supposed to do very well, whether that’s roaming, small squad, zerg or even commanding.

WvW isn’t PvE, you will get attacked by other players, sometimes by players you never see.

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome.

Just don’t come on the WvW forums and expect sympathy.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanixo.1708

Zanixo.1708

If you don’t care about builds and literally just come in for dailies expect to be ganked by players who care more and have experience roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

I got one shot by a hammer rev for over 13k last night – I was running full 100% glass. I laughed my buns off!!! Of course that’s because I was running the completely wrong build for the situation.

Not sure the point of this post except to cry, but mesmer is one of the classes that is -fine- right now.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Just so you know OP, you can change your build while in WvW and it stays that way only in WvW. Sort of like a build template feature without actually being a build template. You’d still need to switch gear but your utility skills and traits will change to the more PvP focused build you make.

As for the mesmer thing, power mes isn’t very good Vs DH unless it’s full zerk DH which they can 1 shot. Most run marauder gear so can’t be 1 shot and the traps with high amounts of blocks and sustain make taking one on a big risk.

Don’t blame the enemy or the class for your own failings if you are the counter to them.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

The responses in this thread are all that is really needed to be said. That said it will take time for you to become “battle ready” for wvw – from gear to choosing opponents and where to be without being ganked etc. It really is fun though once you get into it, honest. Once you learn how to deal with certain builds you become less frustrated with encounters and instead welcome them so you can learn something new even if you get killed. I actually enjoy seeing someone siege my body because that means I gave them enough of a hard time for them to do such. Don’t give too much thought about getting ganked out of nowhere, players in any game would usually do that kind of thing given the chance. Best thing for newer players is to go in bigger groups to familiarize themselves with the map but most of all situational awareness. Harvest camp nodes like it’s your last meal cos you never know who’s lurking, but if you at least look around you can see them going into stealth or approaching from a mile away.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Any mesmer that can down someone in a second with power damage is a pure glass cannon and got some clear counters (a single stun from someone that just blocked all that damage and the mesmer is gone). It’s a very good duelist, one of the best in the hands of a good player.

If it was condi… well tough kitten. Trailblazer/dire perplexity remain an OP combo on any class – the mesmer just take it to extremes.

in WvW

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

[…] but mesmer is one of the classes that is -fine- right now.

You cannot be serious… The profession that can unleash non stop condi bombs and then stealth when something goes wrong is fine?

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Mesmers are annoying, no doubt. They are also not the only profession that can be invincible for a long enough time to deliver big damage.

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

You cannot be serious… The profession that can unleash non stop condi bombs and then stealth when something goes wrong is fine?

I will say, there is a counter to every class

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

The biggest issue is probably that it’s impossible to figure out how to fight a mesmer without playing a mesmer. They hit you with things and you don’t really have any idea where all the damage came from or how to mitigate/avoid it.

Then again, mesmers are hardly alone in that category.

in WvW

apharma.3741

Considering the OP was saying he died in 1s it’s more likely the mesmer was power and power mes isn’t that strong in roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Considering the OP was saying he died in 1s it’s more likely the mesmer was power and power mes isn’t that strong in roaming.

I can’t say I know the truth of it, but a guy in my guild who flips between about half the professions refuses to play his mesmer these days because he thinks it’s obscenely powerful. He never runs condi on any build, and his mesmer is bursty as hell.

I’m not sure why he thinks so because, honestly, I don’t find power mesmers to be that bad unless in the hands of a very skilled player, but that’s not a balance issue. Condi mesmers might be a different story, but it’s been worse before.

In terms of the OP’s post, for sure they could be burst down in a second through a standard opening burst if they were clustered together and didn’t know to dodge.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

It is fun to head to ABL and watch the PVE’ers waiting for Harpy to just melt where they stand. Flattened a few of those puffballs myself.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Respawn and hit a different objective. If you’re just doing dailies, who cares?

I don’t personally try and kill people who are clearly just trying to do their dailies, unless its an important objective, (trying to do a guild mission, upgrading a structure or if the skirmish is really THAT close etc). Normally I let them do their thing. That said, it’s a pvp mode. One had better get used to dealing with that if they choose to do wvw dailies — ‘cause shatter Mesmer isn’t even the strongest build on Mesmer.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Choppy.4183

It is fun to head to ABL and watch the PVE’ers waiting for Harpy to just melt where they stand. Flattened a few of those puffballs myself.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i only gank daily people if they attack me or take my tower >:(!

in WvW

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Mesmers are annoying, no doubt. They are also not the only profession that can be invincible for a long enough time to deliver big damage.

Well that does not mean they are not shown any favoritism.

in WvW

apharma.3741

I can’t say I know the truth of it, but a guy in my guild who flips between about half the professions refuses to play his mesmer these days because he thinks it’s obscenely powerful. He never runs condi on any build, and his mesmer is bursty as hell.

I’m not sure why he thinks so because, honestly, I don’t find power mesmers to be that bad unless in the hands of a very skilled player, but that’s not a balance issue. Condi mesmers might be a different story, but it’s been worse before.

In terms of the OP’s post, for sure they could be burst down in a second through a standard opening burst if they were clustered together and didn’t know to dodge.

It really depends on the build tbh. You can play the old PU dom, illu, chaos line with PU and torch and run around instagibing squishy players or anyone without auto procs, try again after going into stealth if your burst doesn’t kill then run if 2nd burst doesn’t kill. Course you run from all condi and it it’s leaning very much to the cheese side.

You can run the more common in EU chrono build which is identical to the condi variant but power gear, GS instead of staff and might on shatter instead of torment. Much less cheesy and more staying power in fights but won’t 100-0 anything that isn’t full zerk.

Incidentally today I left a thief at one of my sentries as I thought he was low rank and just after a daily, so I went to the sentry south of air keep to flip it. As the circle comes up along comes the thief precasting basi venom, uses black powder and dodge the obvious steal. Gravity well, CS right at end, mirrorblade and mindwrack, repeat and he runs. I chase and kill, he was a terrible thief, probably a PvE player or new to WvW.

I let these people go usually unless they attack, if you attack or look like a threat I will not hold back and I hold no remorse over it.

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

Your attitude of not caring about builds and just blaming the game is probably why this “happens way too often.”

Have a look on YouTube for some shatter mesmer videos to see what they do/how to counter it. While you’re at it, have a look for some guardian/DH videos to see how to fight such classes.

And/or have a look on metabattle (insert “boo, Metabattle sucks” comments here) for a DH roaming build. If PvE is your cup of tea then I’ll assume you’re mostly zerker, which is what a lot of Dragonhunter roamers run anyway.

You could also stop by the relevant class subforums to ask for tips there.

Even with that, you’ll still get rekt sometimes, even after you think you’ve improved – and you will improve. It happens to us all. It’s frustrating when it does happen, but that’s life. Learn from it, respawn, move on.

Alternatively, if you sincerely “don’t care about builds” and just want your dailies, then continue doing what you’re doing. But you can’t really complain if you keep getting destroyed.

Gandaran.

in WvW

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

There really only is one mesmer build that I think needs looking at, the trailblazer one, but that’s more to do with silliness that is trailblazer/ dire as a stat rather than the class itself. You can literally run any class with that stat and successfully 1vx.

Also OP, you have blocks, invuln, on demand stability and large burst potential. Your traps and specialization traits should be placing you in a favorable matchup against mesmer in the first place.

With that attitude of yours, you’ll get farmed every single time by roamers. There are far crazier builds out there than the one trick shatter mesmer.

Multiple Class Disorder

in WvW

Posted by: HoneyBadger.5691

HoneyBadger.5691

It’s pretty obvious you got bursted by a glassy power mesmer from stealth and/or you had berserker stat (which is terrible for wvw, you need vitality on that guard…like 17k would do?).

There is counterplay and counterbuild to everything, and your dh if you had a good build would probably wreck the mesmer if played okay. The link below would be a good start.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_Meditrapper_roamer

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Well that does not mean they are not shown any favoritism.

I’ve seen complaints about every profession on this board over time, even rangers. :O

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

lol @ this thread.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

lol @ this thread.

This thread really makes me want to go to one of the PvE forums and complain about legendary armor, even though I’ve never done a raid. Don’t have a build to do a raid or even know where to start one.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

lol @ this thread.

This thread really makes me want to go to one of the PvE forums and complain about legendary armor, even though I’ve never done a raid. Don’t have a build to do a raid or even know where to start one.

That thread will just be moved to the archive (aka WvW forum)

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Meh. I love playing mesmer but I have to admit there is something very wrong with the profession right now. You either forced to play cheesy builds, or become totally useless. I still use my own build and survive most of my fights but still there is something very wrong with the profession.

Now delete mesmer from the paragraph above, and add any other profession you like.

in WvW

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Again I was downed from one another player within a SECOND! while being a guardian myself. And again I couldn’t hit the enemy the slightest because it was immune to my attacks.

This happens way too often. This can’t be right. This MUST be a bug. And nobody can blame me because of any “bad” build. I don’t care about builds. It MUST not be possible, that I can be downed within a second from a series of unstoppable attacks while I can do NOTHING against it.

1) Power Shatter Mes wrecks newbies who don’t know its mechanic . That’s normal and intentional.

2) You could dodge/block/AOE the burst.

3) Power Shatter Mes is highly predictable and telegraphed. I love fighting them as you always have a chance to counterplay but are punished hard if you don’t take it. The matchup feels fair. A well timed dodge counts. That’s how PvP should work.

Fighting a Power Shatter is one of the rare occasions where you can truly see if your opponent has some skill or is just a cheese build noob like all these condi reapers, condi mesmers, bunker druids and so on.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

Meh. I love playing mesmer but I have to admit there is something very wrong with the profession right now. You either forced to play cheesy builds, or become totally useless. I still use my own build and survive most of my fights but still there is something very wrong with the profession.

Now delete mesmer from the paragraph above, and add any other profession you like.

Revanent

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

All these posts bashing on the poor OP.

He/she is complaining about a series of unblockable attacks that lead to his insta-down state all the while he was unable to scratch his/her opponent due to them being invuln the entire time.

Is what he says, legit? Perhaps, and perhaps not. Throwing the poor guy/gal under the bus, for venting, is kinda ignorant.

@OP

If you’re wanting to do dailies, make sure that you are running an appropriate build, if you are running a glass-cannon guardian build, then it makes sense, since guardians have very low hp, and require the use of blocks/mitigations to stay alive.

Secondly if you are a part of a guild, maybe, get some people to go in with you, say you’re just going in for dailies, and that you could use the help. It would benefit them, and you at the same time.

Good luck, have fun.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

If you’re bringing 0 AR to fractal 100 you should expect to die without any counterplay instantaneously, every time. This is the same situation.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

If you’re bringing 0 AR to fractal 100 you should expect to die without any counterplay instantaneously, every time. This is the same situation.

How is this the same situation?

Players don’t inflict agony, he/she is not talking about a game mechanic, but a class/spec that 100% to 0%‘d him/her in an instant, and he/she couldn’t do anything because of all the invulns.

Apples and oranges.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

Players don’t inflict agony, he/she is not talking about a game mechanic, but a class/spec that 100% to 0%‘d him/her in an instant, and he/she couldn’t do anything because of all the invulns.

Apples and oranges.

More like you don’t get the point. If you can get killed immediately on encounter from 100 to 0 straight away, then that’s probably their own fault for not using a half decent WvW build or learning basic class mechanics.

Also, you know dodge exist in this game right? I would feel more sympathy if it was kitten condi PU mesmer stealth kiting people to death, but it’s just a power shatter mesmer that has a huge burst at the expense of their survivability.

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

Apples and oranges.

More like you don’t get the point. If you can get killed immediately on encounter from 100 to 0 straight away, then that’s probably their own fault for not using a half decent WvW build or learning basic class mechanics.

Also, you know dodge exist in this game right? I would feel more sympathy if it was kitten condi PU mesmer stealth kiting people to death, but it’s just a power shatter mesmer that has a huge burst at the expense of their survivability.

So in that second, the time it took the OP to recognize that there is another player there, and then being downed, he/she was supposed to dodge and use anti-burst measure to make sure he/she didn’t die.

Ohh so it’s ok as long as it’s a build you see as kitten, but, the OP being killed by something is just a situation of them needing to, “Git Gud”?

Anyways I’m going to back off of this thread.

Have a good day, and OP, good luck.

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Looking at the posts here you can see some common responses.

Given that there aren’t any complaints in the WvW forums about power shatter mesmer, unlike all the other cheesy builds running around, the OP could have instead asked advice on how to survive better against one. They would have gotten good advice on it too. Some people here have given that advice. But did OP do that? No. They went on a rant on how they should be able to play how they want to play in a PvP area.

The OP hasn’t even responded to any of the posts here either. They could have easily said this is my build, this is my equipment, what can I change to be better next time. I bet there are even power mesmer players that would even duel the OP if the OP asked for in game help.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

So in that second, the time it took the OP to recognize that there is another player there, and then being downed, he/she was supposed to dodge and use anti-burst measure to make sure he/she didn’t die.

Ohh so it’s ok as long as it’s a build you see as kitten, but, the OP being killed by something is just a situation of them needing to, “Git Gud”?

Of course? Everyone, including you, also have a set of builds which we consider ‘broken’. You consider burst power mesmer as OP maybe due to your previous encounter experience.

Just as I also have my personal experience where it’s extremely rare for me to find a power mesmer build that I have absolutely no counter to, when I know full well they are approaching me.

If they’re able to catch me in a situation where I have no time to react, then that’s all fair game, and props to them.

So in my view, they need to

“Git Gud”

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

apharma.3741

Apples and oranges.

Anyways I’m going to back off of this thread.

Have a good day, and OP, good luck.

Why are you taking the OP’s side? Any competent DH takes a giant dump on power mesmer. Also, yes you need to react in a split second, warrior can headbutt, outrage, HB into arc divider in 1-2s and down anything that didn’t react in time unless it’s full toughness and vitality.

We don’t even know where this happened so the mesmer could quite literally have been coming from bottom left spawn to the camp and he wouldn’t have seen. Same goes for any class and he wouldn’t have seen if his back was to where they came.

Then there’s the other obvious thing. This isn’t the first time he’s been one shot or nearly one shot and his friend dies stupid easily too. I’ve come across these kinds of players, had fights against 5-6 of them as 2 players and downed all of them really fast as they don’t dodge, react to tells and only use defences after they took a massive burst instead of to mitigate it.

The OP needs practise and to stick some vitality on his gear, trying to make him out as some form of victim won’t help at all. You know the saying, build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for one night, set the man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life…or something like that.

in WvW

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

Tl;dr
OP is a pve player that has no situational awareness and blows all his skills while enemy Mesmer is blurred/blocking/distorted.

Next wvw patch notes:
Players must mutually agree to engage in combat via pop-up dialogue box before they can harm each other in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Apples and oranges.

If you don’t have the tools to deal with a situation, then don’t expect to be able to do anything at all. OP claims that regardless of build, he should not be (in his eyes, at least) be nigh instantaneously one shot. I claim otherwise. AR is a tool you must use to survive higher level fractals. Similarly, an actual decent build is a tool you must use to survive against another player that isn’t running a bad build.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

OP probably in 100% berserker stats if only in WvW for dailies. There’s nothing wrong with what happened to him. His attacker saw an enemy, in a PvP focused game mode, and dispatched the enemy.

Now its clear to see who is just doing dailies or who is new after you fight them once. It would only be an issue if OP was continuously stalked and killed by the same player, as that would just be poor sportsmanship.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Revanent

Wrong. I said any other “Profession”. Revenant never left beta.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

IDK why people are hung up on his build when proper DH play would have been fine for surviving a single 100% power mes burst.

There’s a LOT of classes and builds that can 100% you if you give them a second of non-reaction. You could replace this thread title with so many specs.

in WvW

Posted by: Nokomis.5076

Nokomis.5076

@ all people who gave me support:
Thank you. I’m glad, there are still players who understand my situation.

@ all saying it’s my fault because of my build:
You are surely one of those players having such a Mesmer character, looking around in WvW for single players and run after them to kill them to get your hand full of XP. Great job done, really.

My PvP rank is 6, my WvW rank is 47. You know why? Because I don’t care for PvP or WvW, I’m a PvE player. But more often it seems to be much easier to do one of the WvW dailys to complete three daily quests to get the gold. This is the only reason my WvW rank is 47 (this and once completing a reward track for the final chest).

You know what I do, when I see an enemy who is close to the spot where e.g. I’m waiting for the Veteran creature? Nothing, as long as he also doesn’t do anything. More often I had moments, where I waited for a Veteran with an enemy close by and when the creature appeared, we killed it together and parted ways afterwards without killing each other (or in this case probably only me), even so we hit each other some during the fight.

So yes, there are players who aren’t killing a WvW noob like me on sight. Thanks to those players. To all others: Have fun at your life which consists of making the game bad for the few players who aren’t spending dozens of hours a day of optimizing their build.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You are surely one of those players having such a Mesmer character, looking around in WvW for single players and run after them to kill them to get your hand full of XP. Great job done, really.

My PvP rank is 6, my WvW rank is 47. You know why? Because I don’t care for PvP or WvW, I’m a PvE player. But more often it seems to be much easier to do one of the WvW dailys to complete three daily quests to get the gold. This is the only reason my WvW rank is 47 (this and once completing a reward track for the final chest).

You know what I do, when I see an enemy who is close to the spot where e.g. I’m waiting for the Veteran creature? Nothing, as long as he also doesn’t do anything. More often I had moments, where I waited for a Veteran with an enemy close by and when the creature appeared, we killed it together and parted ways afterwards without killing each other (or in this case probably only me), even so we hit each other some during the fight.

So yes, there are players who aren’t killing a WvW noob like me on sight. Thanks to those players. To all others: Have fun at your life which consists of making the game bad for the few players who aren’t spending dozens of hours a day of optimizing their build.

Ive been roaming in wvw since 2012.Still to this day whenever i see a Low rank as you describe i simply skip him,unless he engages me first.There is no goodfeel to it for killing from what you know is probably a pver just doing his daily.What i do not like on the other hand,is that same pver who i just skipped and did not engage me either..Will join in when he sees im being chased by 5 – 10 others.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

“I want to go into PvP to get my season rewards, but I don’t care for PvP, I don’t care for builds and stuff so people should just ignore me and let me afk and let me win.”

“I’m a PVE noob. I have no care for the game mode, but I want a full set of legendary armor. I have no care for proper PVE build, I just want to run full nomad so I don’t die. So I expect people to just carry me and let me run whatever I want.”

I don’t get why you’re posting on forum complaining? You go into a game mode where the entire point of it is fight, kill and win the opponent, and you expect people to play the way you want?

If you’re complaining about the WvW community… At least from what I experienced, WvW community is extremely less toxic than PVE players when it comes to playing together. We don’t go around and tell everyone to PING GEAR OR KICK, KILL CHECK, AP CHECK, NECRO? KICK, NOT EXACT META BUILD FROM SPEEDRUN GROUPS? KICK, OH YOU DEAD? KICK.

Of course, there’s some smack talks and stuff between people, but that’s all just part of the sports.

If you actually came in the forum and ask what you could do to improve your chances against a power mesmer (or even just ask the best way to avoid fights to and do daily), I’m sure a lot of people would be willing to help you. But instead you chose to come in here and complain a (not) OP class that killed you immediately because you didn’t want to run a decent PvP-style build, or that someone didn’t leave you alone in a PvP-style game mode

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

As someone who actually plays a power shatter mesmer exactly like that -

Fighting a Dragonhunter is a risky prospect for me, especially 1v2. If I have to fight you I’m going to try to down you as fast as possible because otherwise I can expect to be downed instead pretty quickly. You will usually have as much average DPS as me, if not more, and you can heal far faster than I can. I’ll also run out of blocks faster – I only have 3, and 2 of them are on 40-second cooldowns.

My one advantage is that my burst is enormous (if it all hits), so I need to take that advantage.

Generally though, I don’t attack low-ranked players like you, unless you attack first, or you’re attacking an objective that I’m trying to defend (so never veteran creatures). With the exception of alt accounts for experienced players, those fights aren’t fun and don’t achieve anything – I learn nothing, and you learn nothing.

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Ive been roaming in wvw since 2012.Still to this day whenever i see a Low rank as you describe i simply skip him,unless he engages me first.There is no goodfeel to it for killing from what you know is probably a pver just doing his daily.What i do not like on the other hand,is that same pver who i just skipped and did not engage me either..Will join in when he sees im being chased by 5 – 10 others.

Same. And, even if they engage first, I often let them live if they got lit up without landing a blow during the fight.

It’s not especially fun when it feels like I’m Kramer in a karate class.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8xwpW8gJQ