IoJ Boycott

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

Hello all, This is my first post because this is something that i feel so strongly about.
So a little background. IoJ has been steadily dropping for the last 6 months, hit rock bottom then raised up to tier 6. Then HoT came out and we lost a lot of guilds. We hit rock bottom again. Ive been working my kitten of posting events & trying to get guilds rallying, getting our facebook up our twitter, our webpages, everything, & its working. We have been growing numbers every week since HoT came out. Weve been holding steady in Tier 7 & we are happy with it. We understand these tiers lack coverage & lack population but we have a lot of people that really care about this server & we just want to have fun. To do that we need even matches or even “slightly” uneven matches. We call the outnumbered buff the IoJ buff cause weve had it for so long its normal, its part of the every day game experience. So T7 is SoR, IoJ & BP……that is a good match up…..we still get our kitten kicked but its good fights & we arent complaining. All of our servers have a good dedicated base & we understand that we need to go the extra mile in these hard times to rebound.Then we get paired with IoJ SOr & FC…Fc still way outnumbers both of us but still we can deal with it. good fights good fun. And now we are pair with Kaineng. Kaineng just won T6 & u you drop them to T7. Now neither of ur servers have a chance. You put a rank 16 against a rank 21 and 20. Add on top of the fact that they outnumber us 2 to 1 in every BL and EB but they use turtle and dragon banners too. In one failed swoop you have ruined both of our servers rebound. All the people we started getting back just quit WvW. We are trying to give everything we have to correct anets mistakes, building up the community getting more people involved & anet just continues to poop in our faces( yeah i said it). This isnt the only instance. This is a complete break down of the matches. At no point should someone 5 ranks above or below u be fighting you. We are trying our hardest to keep WvW relevant & you are throwing every thing u have against us. I havent been around for as long as most of u and im sure its been happening for awhile but i dont think u understandd what it does to a server. So IoJ is throwing this match. We are exausted we dont have the numbers and our will is dwindleing. So this Week IoJ will not be participating in WvW. Quit putting this off….this need corrected now….how many posts do we have to make for you to understand the urgency. The fact is that this has been my favorite game for 3 years & i hate seeing what has been happening to it. So Please Anet…..DO SOMETHING!

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yeah 5 ranks difference is way to many. Like a professional football team going against the youth team of the amateur club around the corner.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

My condolences…..
you guys will always be my first inspiration on WvW
i will cherish this moment for the rest of my WvW life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTMsJ7cF6Z4

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Just saying: The IoJ buff has been called like that 2 years ago.
And: matches against servers 5 ranks above used to work on EU, probably still do, that’s how Piken ranked up. And I think it can be fun, probably not in bronze though.

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

It’s not that simple. You can’t just say never should server 5 ranks above be matched with someone. These things work in tier 1 or 2 fine. They do not work in last tiers where populations have huge differences.

I doubt anyone in Anet matches up servers manually. I am fairly sure it is done by some code using random numbers, and when random numbers are involved, random stuff happens. If you remove randomness, people will complain they are tired of fighting exact same servers for months and months.

As I have not seen the code that picks servers each week, I can only assume how it works in general. Mu suggestion would be to include counters that consider number of players logged into wvw for each server and total number of hours all the players have spent in wvw for each server. And when these numbers are getting too wide, not to allow such matchups.

And btw, I am in FoW, currently 22nd in EU, have been through last tier myself, have fought constantly servers much bigger then us and have been desperate in matches where enemy holds 100% of every single map.

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: team teeps.9762

team teeps.9762

kaineng player here, yeah we’re pretty peeved about the matchup too. i was looking forward to another tier 5 excursion, even though we’d get our butts kicked, it is fun from time to time. a lot of people in my guild are just doing pve this week for the most part, but if ya’ll want to schedule a gvg or anything hit me up in game

- team teeps [Owls]

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

That sucks dude I hope you guys pull through.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Tuskon.2985

Tuskon.2985

Kaineng has been in lots of lobsided match ups recently. After climbing out of T7/T7.5 we made it into T6 and thrived. Then we get matched up with T5 and get out butts kicked. Next week we’re back in T5, but with T4 servers playing us. After that we got back to T6 and won 2 weeks in a row. Now we get randomly put down to T7.

So yea we know how it feels. This will likely be a PvE week for a large number of KN people.

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Anet’s official response: Do something yourself. If you can’t improve your own server, transfer. The truth sucks, I know. Glicko is harsh. RNG is a kitten. Deal with it or try some spvp.

BTW, I watched my server drop from kitten T8, so sorry if I’m not going to offer you a shoulder to cry on.

All we all know is that Anet’s fix will be (if the past is any indication) late, lame, and address NONE of the issues raised by the loyal wvw player base over the past several years.

Osu

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

As someone who spent 22 months on SoR.. I feel your pain when it comes to being stuck in imbalanced matchups because of glicko. I was on SoR as it reached t1 and through its fall to t8. Watched it get screwed over in 3 tournaments, with 3 exodus’ that followed. Tried everything I could along with others to help, but heck somethings are just out of our control. Glicko is just a wierd system…you win you can drop, you lose you can rise :/

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

gah…
Wall of text hurts my eyes,

Why is this Anets problem?
Either transfer or buy some guilds.

CCCP….

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Norbe.7630

Glicko is not weird to be honest, what it does is that it matches you to a worthy opponent, meaning you will always be given a 50% win rate on a “FAIR” match, either you win or you lose on a match that is based on “equal numbers and skills”
but on the other hand WvW doesn’t use skill nor equal numbers its completely opposite
its a population match and coverage match
its not 5v5 or 1000v1000, …………..its a freaking 5v1000 kitten

i wonder who that noob that implemented glicko on WvW in the first place

heres a sample of glicko use on a fair and equal numbered fights and equal level of skills
on a 49% below winrate it means “you suck”
on a 50% winrate it means “your average”
50-55% winrate means “your above average”
above 55% “your good, quite good”
and so on and so forth
that i repeat is on a equal numbered and equal skill matches

Attachments:

Gate of Madness

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Norbe.7630

heres the very definition of Guild Wars 14 years ago….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H00xIsDzMeQ

the mechanics is rewarding and encouraging to players
http://irowiki.org/wiki/War_of_Emperium

why would you WvW?
cuz i want to gain gold and glory
imagine the purpose on WvWing is like getting the “gold on taxes on trading post for that week” for those who WvW or to those that belong to that guild/server that won and claims objectives and caps stuffs and based on the percentage of difference in points
Example:
Red score is 40% of the total score (40% of the gold on TP tax goes to red team)
Blue score is 30% os the total score (30% of the gold on TP tax goes to blue team)
Green score is 30% of total score ( 30% of the gold on TP tax goes to green team)

the problem would be inflation on gold now if everyone will WvW now and abandon PvE lol

but
more TP buyers more profit for WvW players
less TP buyers less profit for WvW players
more WvW players is good for the health of the game
less WvW players is bad for the game as tis is one of 2 only end game content

sorry for those PvE guilds but i still prefer WvW guilds on this matter

Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

In the olden days when this was a very common occurrence, servers in this position would take the week off in WvW by scheduling runs in higher level content. This kept players from getting disheartened, fattened up their bank accounts and created a more tight nit community. In some cases, servers actually rose to the challenge but that is exceedingly difficult and next to impossible in the current climate.

That is probably a bit more difficult to schedule with mega-server but my suggestion is still applicable. Talk to your larger guilds and do some raids or schedule some PvP play. It isn’t ideal but it can prevent a server from coming back with an empty WvW the next week.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I feel for you Knob. It looks like all that work you put in the last 4 weeks is going to get flushed down the toilet because of an unfortunate roll of the dice.

It will be interesting to see how bad the score gets this week (already 6-1).

You can take some solace in the fact that we had the lead for a the first few hours of reset. (Kaineg’s server must have been down).

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I don’t remember the last time IoJ had a break. Implosion after implosion, kittenty matchup after kittenty matchup, surprised you guys aren’t dead last yet.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Thankfully there are still dedicated people around like Knob and the other guys (bless them) but i couldnt personally take it anymore.
I usually log close to about 20hours a day in WvW, specially when i started playing, but now, i dont even wanna spend 20seconds in it.
So sick of the apparent disregard and the “closed door” treatment we’ve been getting, if only it wasn’t too late to refund US$ 100 for the HoT.

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Sorry for getting caught in Kaineng’s nasty relation with the Glicko RNG, it keeps throwing us around in weird match-up’s.

Like Week 02: Maguuma (11), Ehmry Bay (13), Kaineng (17).

Or the wonderfull Week 03: Henge of Denravi (10), Northern Shiverpeaks (12), Kaineng (17)

So yeah, just *5* ranks difference feels almost .... normal?

But seriously. I know it sucks, I hate it when it happens (to anyone). Just dedicate this week to PvP or practice group tactics in EotM or something and try to forget this week. Hopefully Kaineng goes back to T6 again, if RNGlicko doesn’t throw another kitten at us.

*goes to sacrifice a kitten*

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

You may all be right that Anet doesn’t care about WvW. But I believe this single thread is going to change WvW forever & maybe even the world. There’s even rumors that this 1 week long boycott has shown Anet the error of their ways & forced them to create a WvW overhaul correcting these problems. I believe by this time next week we will all be celebrating & holding parades across EB in honor of anets hard work and dedication.

This has been a very productive week. New sexy runes, delicious foods, & my bank account is actually growing! I forgot there was a world outside WvW. Although it’s been hard adjusting. I keep yelling at all the pick ups in town to get on tag. I’ve even tried to build an AC to take out a flock of pocket raptors.

Next week IoJ will be back in full force so SOR & yaks bend better watch out!

Score:
Kaineng – 250,000
SOR. – 70,000
IoJ. – 60,000

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Norbe.7630

Kaineng didnt join ur boycott banner lol

Gate of Madness

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Thankfully there are still dedicated people around like Knob and the other guys (bless them) but i couldnt personally take it anymore.
I usually log close to about 20hours a day in WvW, specially when i started playing, but now, i dont even wanna spend 20seconds in it.
So sick of the apparent disregard and the “closed door” treatment we’ve been getting, if only it wasn’t too late to refund US$ 100 for the HoT.

dedicated yet boycotting the whole week? LOL ok

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Welcome to Abaddon. We had a massive efflux of guilds a couple of weeks ago and were pitted against rank 6, 7 and the likes afterwards. So we had less manpower against bigger servers, which leads to fewer and fewer people actually wanting to play wvw here.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: DiscordOfSound.2190

DiscordOfSound.2190

I feel you… Most of my guild and I left to hop up to Darkhaven. Currently against SF and CD. We were on BP, and I started on BP originally. I also saw that SQD left and a few other guilds as well. I think that people were getting a bit worn out with facing uneven match ups and lack of people participating in WvW. First guild I joined easily had around 50 people in it, but a little less than half joined us in WvW, and were primarily pve’ers. It really starts to suck seeing guilds disband, and players getting tired of being run over. But, sometimes a move up to a new tier is the only way you’ll find a better wvw experience. Downside is having more ques… but it’s worth it.

Darkhaven server
[NaL]Neurological is always recruiting new members.

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

dedicated yet boycotting the whole week? LOL ok

Well, dedicated to a point of breaking. They’re still human susceptible to exhaustion and frustration… there’s 60k points, i imagine that didnt come up on its own, surely these guys still played it, albeit minimally whereas myself and some others completely dont play it anymore, even just for getting daily chests… hope that makes sense.

(edited by Chiccotot.7296)

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

briggah.7910

looks like the boycotting either got extended another week or it killed your servers morale. well played

Player Vs Everyone

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

looks like the boycotting either got extended another week or it killed your servers morale. well played

Or it may be that we went from fighting the #16 server (191 glicko ahead of us) to the #17 server (still 166 glicko ahead of us).

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

briggah.7910

Or it may be that we went from fighting the #16 server (191 glicko ahead of us) to the #17 server (still 166 glicko ahead of us).

welcome to bronze.. i put thousands of hours down there and that is just something you either live with or move on when you get tired of it. most get tired of it and eventually move which only makes it worse. tiers are so out of wack that even dominating top of bronze you will most likely get rolled over in bottom of silver. sorry you are in crappy match-ups but really its been like that down there for a very very long time…

Player Vs Everyone

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

A lot of server imbalance happened after the introduction to transfers. Don’t get me wrong transfers can be a good thing . But I think the one week cool down is to short. I would suggest at least a 30 day cool down or even a exponential cool down based on the number of transfers. Just a thought.

IoJ Boycott

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Hello all, This is my first post because this is something that i feel so strongly about.
So a little background. IoJ has been steadily dropping for the last 6 months, hit rock bottom then raised up to tier 6. Then HoT came out and we lost a lot of guilds. We hit rock bottom again. Ive been working my kitten of posting events & trying to get guilds rallying, getting our facebook up our twitter, our webpages, everything, & its working. We have been growing numbers every week since HoT came out. Weve been holding steady in Tier 7 & we are happy with it. We understand these tiers lack coverage & lack population but we have a lot of people that really care about this server & we just want to have fun. To do that we need even matches or even “slightly” uneven matches. We call the outnumbered buff the IoJ buff cause weve had it for so long its normal, its part of the every day game experience. So T7 is SoR, IoJ & BP……that is a good match up…..we still get our kitten kicked but its good fights & we arent complaining. All of our servers have a good dedicated base & we understand that we need to go the extra mile in these hard times to rebound.Then we get paired with IoJ SOr & FC…Fc still way outnumbers both of us but still we can deal with it. good fights good fun. And now we are pair with Kaineng. Kaineng just won T6 & u you drop them to T7. Now neither of ur servers have a chance. You put a rank 16 against a rank 21 and 20. Add on top of the fact that they outnumber us 2 to 1 in every BL and EB but they use turtle and dragon banners too. In one failed swoop you have ruined both of our servers rebound. All the people we started getting back just quit WvW. We are trying to give everything we have to correct anets mistakes, building up the community getting more people involved & anet just continues to poop in our faces( yeah i said it). This isnt the only instance. This is a complete break down of the matches. At no point should someone 5 ranks above or below u be fighting you. We are trying our hardest to keep WvW relevant & you are throwing every thing u have against us. I havent been around for as long as most of u and im sure its been happening for awhile but i dont think u understandd what it does to a server. So IoJ is throwing this match. We are exausted we dont have the numbers and our will is dwindleing. So this Week IoJ will not be participating in WvW. Quit putting this off….this need corrected now….how many posts do we have to make for you to understand the urgency. The fact is that this has been my favorite game for 3 years & i hate seeing what has been happening to it. So Please Anet…..DO SOMETHING!

WvW is a mess and all tiers are suffering differently. We are all in the same boat.

Anet is doing something (very very slowly) to address all this stuff and population imbalances.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.