Is Gate of Madness a good fit for you?

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

(In case you missed it: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/free-transfers-to-medium-populations-worlds/)

Honestly, I’m a little hesitant to make a Gate of Madness recruitment thread. You will notice that I’m not the only one; no one has made a thread for it yet.

Why is that? Because we like things the way they are.

Gate of Madness has spent the last two months building a WvW server community, and it is finally paying off. We have a lot of guilds involved, almost no drama, great coordination, and we all have a blast playing together. We are all quite proud of what our server has become. We are certainly not opposed to the idea of transfers, but having more people just to have more people does not appeal. We want people to join our community, not just numbers on the battlefield.

With this is mind, this is the current state of Gate of Madness WvW. We will not be a good fit for everyone. That said, if this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we would love to have you on board.

1) We are a small tight-knit server and we like it that way.

Our server community is not unlike a small town, everyone knows everyone. We have a village idiot and everything. We use the server teamspeak not only to coordinate, but also to build relationships between guilds. We don’t have any large guilds, instead we have many small guilds, which work together. Some guilds only have a few members, and yet still make a big impact.

2) We don’t mind losing.

Don’t get me wrong, we do like to win. Ok, we LOVE winning. But that doesn’t mean that the fun stops when we lose. Our server community was built while we were being steamrolled by DH week after week. We are not fair weather players. Our goal is always to do the most that we can, with the resources we have. You can ask any of our opponents, GoM does not quit, and we have a TON of fun, even when we are losing.

3) We don’t take ourselves too seriously.

We play WvW to have fun, and we have a blast. Here are just some of the things which happened recently.

• We had a spirited discussion of how a shark’s teeth work, what is the best shark, and what is the best part of shark week.
  • We did NOT declare opposite day in teamspeak, which is NOT still coming up repeatedly.
  • We all equipped the fall-damage traits and jumped on our enemies en-mass.
  • Gathered 6+ norn characters together to Snow Leopard rush poor solo roamers and groups.
  • Had a good laugh about a certain enemy spamming us with whispers about how we are all dogs, and may have gotten everyone to spam “Arf Arf” at him in reply.
  • Declared the cult of ARM, to properly respect our server’s greatest troll.

4) We are constantly working to improve.

Every week, an hour before reset, we hold a server wide meeting to discuss tactics: what worked, what didn’t, and what should be try to do next. We also discuss this sort of thing on the server forum. This has really improved us as a server, as we share what we learn with each other, and look for additional ways to improve.

Conclusion

If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, then we hope you will consider joining our community. I encourage you to take a look at our community forum (themadalliance.com), and even join us on teamspeak if you are interested.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

(edited by titanlectro.5029)

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Niniyl summed it pretty well and honestly! Good guy, good server =)

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Pug from AR, here. I will vouch for GOM. They are a proud server that fell on hard times with the server transfers. Just like AR, they are there for the fight, slogging and slugging through the week to have fun, and if it so happens that their scores represent this at the end of their match, then that’s just icing on the cake. We played them back when we were T7 and had lots of fun. Sadly they lost numbers and we outgrew them.

T7 is a good tier for small numbers of transfers, and they are enjoying close matchups right now. Small groups will also find NSP to be fun to play against, because they absolutely love telling you about how they don’t zerg and love 5-manning. (Playful jab NSP. Dont get mad.)

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Small groups will also find NSP to be fun to play against, because they absolutely love telling you about how they don’t zerg and love 5-manning. (Playful jab NSP. Dont get mad.)

That’s not an NSP thing, that’s just paxa, and they transferred away last week.

Take a guess where they ended up!

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Small groups will also find NSP to be fun to play against, because they absolutely love telling you about how they don’t zerg and love 5-manning. (Playful jab NSP. Dont get mad.)

No Idea Where? [Sekz] ended up fighting us again in Ebay. Its been interesting seeing them again, but they lost most of their zerg busting edge and went more mainstream guild.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

styx.7294

No Idea Where? [Sekz] ended up fighting us again in Ebay. Its been interesting seeing them again, but they lost most of their zerg busting edge and went more mainstream guild.

Henge of Denravi.

cough Now, if you’ll excuse, we’re all tryin to be all respecful lookin and represent all up in here. cough

Though thank you for your kind words =)

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

Gates of Madness is a great server to play on in what is currently the most evenly matched NA tier. Yes, we do complain about Northern Shiverpeaks and Henge of Denravi from time to time, but I think we all know that any one of us could win the tier each and every week. Server queues are a rarity, in fact something we get excited by. And, perhaps most importantly, Gates is a server where small coordinated groups and rapid response to crises make an effective contribution.

We do have our share of fun diversions too. Fight club, snow leopard packs, goomba stomping (what one of the “victims” called it), and general troll hunting all come to mind, but we always seem to come up with new ones. And the badges… not to say that I haven’t provided many myself… does anyone know if gifts of battle are stackable?

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

Pug from AR, here. I will vouch for GOM. They are a proud server that fell on hard times with the server transfers. Just like AR, they are there for the fight, slogging and slugging through the week to have fun, and if it so happens that their scores represent this at the end of their match, then that’s just icing on the cake. We played them back when we were T7 and had lots of fun. Sadly they lost numbers and we outgrew them.

T7 is a good tier for small numbers of transfers, and they are enjoying close matchups right now. Small groups will also find NSP to be fun to play against, because they absolutely love telling you about how they don’t zerg and love 5-manning. (Playful jab NSP. Dont get mad.)

I do miss the old GoM/AR/BP days. Those were some awesome fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Lexxx.2143

Lexxx.2143

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: DrSparkles.5360

DrSparkles.5360

Has ARM approved this post?

Last I heard we were still Gates of Sadness or the approved alternate of Gates of Badiness

DrSparkles | Guard | Warr | Mes | DERP @ GoM

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Last I heard we were still Gates of Sadness or the approved alternate of Gates of Badiness

I just noticed that the forums censor DE|RP in posts, but not in your signature. I wonder what other neat and interesting words can be used in signatures.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

No GOM is not for me. They are fun to fight however. T7 has been a blast!

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Rexivus.3794

Rexivus.3794

This server has really come together… If you are looking for a new home, please consider.

Rivendusk | Rivendawn | -daze | -drake | -dash | -drop | -dire | -dyre | Daxter

in WvW

Posted by: JKFlipFlop.7123

JKFlipFlop.7123

As a member of the Snow Leopard pack, I approve this message.

I Am Harmfull – [WHO] ex tM/XOXO
Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

in WvW

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

ARM approves of this thread. My goal is to get rid of at least half our current server, so we need fresh blood to replace them. Gates of Madness is the best server in the game(including euro zone, if you believe in that sort of thing).

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

ARM approves of this thread. My goal is to get rid of at least half our current server, so we need fresh blood to replace them. Gates of Madness is the best server in the game(including euro zone, if you believe in that sort of thing).

The great and powerful ARM has spoken, may he be merciful on the faithful, we only live to serve.

There are many non-believers that say ARM is a mere mortal with a god complex, HERETICAL LIES THAT SHOULD BE CLEANSED WITH THE HOLY FIRE!
ARM is a God with a human complex, how a being with such power can be so kind and generous to those subjects so removed from such glory is beyond understanding.

ARM is the light, ARM is hope, ARM delivers us all.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Libertine Lush.1320

Libertine Lush.1320

With how much ease or difficulty will I find people who like to play in small roaming parties, focusing on PvP, instead of map objectives, on this server?

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

With how much ease or difficulty will I find people who like to play in small roaming parties, focusing on PvP, instead of map objectives, on this server?

You shouldn’t have too much trouble finding people like that. There are a lot of guilds on every T7 server who focus on the PvP.

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

If anyone reading this thread is contemplating switching to a server in T7, I’m going to put my plug in for GoM. Our server fought GoM and HoD for 7 weeks. Their server contains a population of mobile, smart, and resilient players and they play for hard points, which has kept rewarding them all this time even when they get double teamed from the third place team playing for 2nd.

We’ve had some recruiters come to our LA from HoD, and I’d just like to really make T-shirts for you guys or something. Team GoM. Or is that … team ARM? o__0

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

pfft, We made the recruitment post first

KEEP IT CLASSY GOM, KEEP IT CLASSY

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Oh hey, another PAXA thread.

But really, NSP is a lot of fun to fight against for small numbered groups. Really only ever see Os zergs, everything else is small-ish and fun to fight against!
Transfer to GoM so we have more people to fight please! Or NSP, they can use some love too

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in WvW

styx.7294

pfft, We made the recruitment post first

KEEP IT CLASSY GOM, KEEP IT CLASSY

So classy you transferred to us for a week!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

seems like a better place than NSP =/

but my first preference will still be dragonbrand

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Oh hey, another PAXA thread.

But really, NSP is a lot of fun to fight against for small numbered groups. Really only ever see Os zergs, everything else is small-ish and fun to fight against!
Transfer to GoM so we have more people to fight please! Or NSP, they can use some love too

Shoo! Out! Out! Go argue with rob in the matchup thread.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

Oh hey GoM. We’ve been in a match-up with you guys for quite a few… months (has it been?) and you guys have really been great opponents. I actually hope both our servers grow at the same speed (if we do) so we’ll always be equally competitive But of course if you guys do grow large enough to move up, then we’ll be happy for you. You’ve worked hard and deserve it.

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

So I know that Anet put Gate of Madness on their list of “medium” servers, but in-game I’ve never seen us get down to medium. Is there a time of day when GoM is actually at medium?

If not, then the free transfers don’t apply to us, despite Anet saying otherwise on the blog.

in WvW

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

Yeah, we were getting all prepared for Yak’s/Mag when we transferred and picked up a few more people, then BAM! Ehmry dropped.

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”