Is Nomad stat good in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

I just wanna be at the vanguard and play tanky at WvW. Is Nomad the best stat for me?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

depends on if your class can put out good heals. I would only go with such tankyness if you are facing 30+ and just cant survive the pushes no matter how you play it. also being really tanky means you have to keep up a lot more pressure to achieve the same results in terms of dps, so it also depends on if your group strategy will change with the gear. if not, and you are going in for short bursts and pirate shipping for a lot of the time, then you will be dead weight. all in all though its best to start wvw in a tanky setup to get used to the flow.

in terms of tankyness, its possible to gear for toughness and vitality if other classes in your group can cover the heals. for example this build is really tanky and has much better dps then nomads, but not nearly the amount of heals. so again it depends on your group as well.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It really depends on what your intent is. If your intent is say, CC/healing support that’s perfectly doable. For a more selfish approach, you can easily troll people and pull off randoms, or just be annoying. If you combine that with mobility, it can be good too.

What you don’t want is to put on nomads because you’re afraid of dying. Because all that will happen is smart players just ignore you and kill everyone (and eventually you) You don’t want to be that sort of deadweight, though that’s more of an issue at smaller scales.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Minstrel is better if youre going full healing instead of Nomad. I got Minstrel armor/Weapons and Nomad accessoires (easy to get) on my heal-rev, and you can just run with melee and dont need to worry about dodges, and just heal the heck out of everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Nomads is kitten for the frontline because:

A) You’re not allowed to pick healing traits/skills because that’s not meta
B) You’re gonna do kitten damage
C) You still wont survive a push any better

If you wanna be a healer, go tempest cleric as you will have decent base power damage and can still be usefull in terms of support. If you want to tank, go knights/soldier hybrid as pointed out above.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Nomad/ Minstrels is fine for frontline Guardian/ Ele/ Heal rev due to their support capabilities.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

No. 15 characters…..

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

lol Nomads..

No, just No

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Kaizen.6029

Kaizen.6029

if u want to heal then going shman/settler hybrid is a good choice, it works fine for me, when squad needs dps i go malefic stance and centaur for heals, works as a roamer too
u can use dragon/centaur combo too.
here is the build
shaman is cheap option so u can get gear easily

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW5nnnNeNSyJvJRNlHlsoykS4U5SJIssrklTFZ9VtfsLfeNNwhGA-TlBOABsr8LflgCoZAAdAMt/QCq/QKgolGB-w

(edited by Kaizen.6029)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaizen.6029

Kaizen.6029

[quote=6637448;Kaizen.6029:]

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

The best defense is a good offense

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Not all classes perform well in same gear stats.

if you are a guardian, the answer is no… game is all about damage output and guardian dont gain nothing going on defensive stats, unless u want to leech from the group your with….but u could contribut with alot of dps and still have some minor support at same time.

if ur rev, druid, ele u have better results, i think even scrapper can achieve better results with that gear :\ and with some boon duration food.

(EDIT) gw2 is all about damage output.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Nomads is the cheap verson of Minstrel. So yes with Minstrel you can go full support Rev and Ele. But thats it. Other classes have more usefull attribute combinations. But you can go full Nomad bait warrior which is fun tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

ignore the metatards.

Nomads is the best of course, insane thougtness+vitality. plus rune of dolyaks.

i played a role of guard for commanders for months using full nomad + bunker guardian build. Mace and Shield ofc. Can sustain insane time of blob fights.

But if ur intent is farm kills, u can use Commanders trinkets + Wanderes Gear + Rune of Durability. Decent power and survival to be a commander pretorian guard.

Other main role for a nomad guard is to serve a sponge for conditions. U will stick to commander and be prepared to absorv all the conditions thats come in.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If you just want to be upfront then ya wanderer/commander mix with durability runes on guard or dh (there is a build for both).