Is WVW Fixed?

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I am thinking of getting into WVW. I played since launch and have spent maybe an hour doing WVW and that hour consisted of me running around and not knowing what was going on.

Anyway the last that I heard about WVW from a wp video is that it is broken. By broken he meant that close to no one was playing it.

So I wanna get into it but is this a good time to? Is the population up and are people competing in it?

I know that it seems I could just log in and find out but to me….WVW always seems empty. I think this is because I have no idea where to go. My point is that I think it would probably take me longer to find out on my own than it would to ask people who already know.

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Yes, if yes means no

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Is the population up and are people competing in it?

My haiku answer (5/7/5):

Depends. Yes & No
Pre-Determined or Empty
Then both are correct

(edited by Diku.2546)

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

Is the population up and are people competing in it?

My haiku answer (5/7/5):

Depends. Yes & No
Pre-Determined or Empty
Then both are correct

That was beautiful.

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

WvW as a whole is in it’s worst state ever. Horrible imbalances have created lopsided victory’s for the Dev’s favorite servers. The Dev’s are just incapable of not falling for the shenanigans of players/servers who have no interest in the health of the game.

It is obvious that the Dev’s attempts to create competitive match ups has failed miserably.

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

First, broken is probably not the right term to use. There are still skill balance issues and population balance issues which you could define as broken.

If your real question is about the activity level, then I will say that at least for NA during typical prime times, there is plenty of activity as a result of the server linking.

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I am thinking of getting into WVW. I played since launch and have spent maybe an hour doing WVW and that hour consisted of me running around and not knowing what was going on.

Anyway the last that I heard about WVW from a wp video is that it is broken. By broken he meant that close to no one was playing it.

So I wanna get into it but is this a good time to? Is the population up and are people competing in it?

I know that it seems I could just log in and find out but to me….WVW always seems empty. I think this is because I have no idea where to go. My point is that I think it would probably take me longer to find out on my own than it would to ask people who already know.

Not even close unfortunately. I doubt at this point they can fix it. Of course they ask everyone for opinions instead of WvW Veterans but hey w/e.

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

WvW is not broken and if you haven’t logged a few hundred (or thousand) hours in it, there is plenty of fresh fun to be had. Log in, go to Eternal Battlegrounds and follow a commander around for a while. If you want to really test your metal, branch out and solo roam around the map flipping camps. Warning… running solo can be a harsh mistress for young’uns.

As for the negative posts, the active WvW population of GW2 is declining. That said, all MMOs lose population as they age particularly PvP portions. Many people on the forums tend to point at game stagnation as a serious problem but ultimately WvW is still a good place to enjoy large scale combat.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Better than last year, but not enough to bring people who quit soon after HoT.
The linking on the EU side shows how bad it is currently, some servers can’t cope without a link anymore, most players end up hopping to the most active server, making things one sided, look at the difference it makes to Desolation.
From empty to, too many long queues.

The meta and balance is mostly the same, some changes and nerfs were made to Elites, but HoT brought some really awful balance to old professions. Zerging and roaming is pretty dull, but at least when blobbing, you can still run some staff eles.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Population wise as a whole, it’s not broken or dead by any means. Population balance wise is a complete mess, there’s a couple servers where calling them over stacked is an understatement, match ups in T1 and T2 are a gong show. Anet looks the other way doing nothing to correct it or even attempt to correct it. If you pretend it’s not an issue I guess it’s not.

So it really depends what server you are on and what tier you are in.

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

The answer is: “It depends…”

If you post what server you play on, and what time zone you’d play the most in, it might be easier to answer.

There are problems with WvW, but there has been problems with WvW since launch. The current hot topics are:

• Population differences between servers is a bit out of whack
  • Coverage/time of day playing still wins the week
  • Skill/class balance is pretty messed up, especially relating to the HOT specializations

Despite this, the game works, and is playable. They implemented a “link” system half a year back so there is generally activity on most worlds/match-up’s, even if you’re on what used to be a “dead server”. Middle of the night etc might still be quiet, obviously.

If you want to get started with WvW the best thing to do is find a friendly PvX guild on your server, and play with them. Most will have a weekly WvW day or something, play with them, and learn what they do, this will likely be zerging. Ask them if they have some roamers to teach you small group stuff if your’re interested, good bit harder but can be very fun. Don’t run Solo, that way lies madness and ragequit.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Please, Anet… more ????

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Yes wvw is fixed, anet sets the team sizes with links, and boosts glicko for certain servers….

/lebrontrollace

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

no its not dont waste your time

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

No.

It’s worse than it ever was; at least on my realm.

Almost all the main guilds just mass transfer to one server and dominate the others.

Play EOTM if you want fun.

It’s also not balanced, but at least it’s not always dominated by one side.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: bgoodwin.3428

bgoodwin.3428

Jweez
My advice. Don’t read the forums or watch video’s. Get in the game and experience for yourself.

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Jweez
My advice. Don’t read the forums or watch video’s. Get in the game and experience for yourself.

This is bad advice, if you are asking specifically about WvW, you are getting the appropriate answers here.

Lots of people playing, problem is a good chunk of people are playing on 2 servers. BG is in it’s own Tier, Maguuma is the only real T1 server and we have a bout 5 servers that could reside in T2, the rest seem to be somewhat balanced and are active during NA prime for the most part.

Is WVW Fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

If you believe these forums WvW is broken, is always broken, always will be broken.

If you go and play you’ll find it’s often fun, occasionally horrible and varies wildly from day to day, week to week, match to match, server to server.

It’s probably not unreasonable to say that for that subset of WvW players who used to mainly enjoy “roaming” either solo or in small groups, finding like-minded opponents and having personal trials of skill, then yes, WvW is a bit more broken than it used to be.

On the other hand, if you like following a Commander with a tag in a large zerg, taking structures and battling other large zergs, then WvW is probably less broken than it used to be.

And if you like being part of a sprawling but always recognizable community, where the same names turn up week in, week out and you know all the guild names, which rarely change, and all of you together make up a fiercely loyal, proud “World” ready to fight other “Worlds”… then yes, it’s broken – although not irretrievably so.