Is WvW Really Dead? [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

i also think that the main achilies heel of WvW atm is that, for better or worse, free accounts cannot enter before level 80… this means that whatever new players that join the game for free, will take A LONG time to get to WvW….

especially since they will probably be bored of the game/die hard PvE fanatics by the time they even reach level 80

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

It’s amusing. The other month people were up in arms because Mike O’Brien insinuated that very few people played the WvW game mode exclusively. Now when you ask where all the WvW players are, you’ll be told “they’re in PvE.” Guess he was right afterall.

This is true only because they’ve made WvW so bad that PvE has somehow become more tolerable.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

I want to thank Anet for killing off WvW. Coming from a server that is WvW oriented we are lucky to see even one guild participating in WvW. Needleless to say the only que (if you can call it a que) is EBG. Anet i know you had good intentions but to the community of WvW players we DO NOT WANT dinosaurs, gathering inside our keeps (which now instead of the zerg stopping outside, their inside) while the tag is running out, and our resets on Saturday evening ARE DEAD while trying to claim a camp to +5 Well you just pushed me and many more into other games. I guess you did not see the bigger picture for all the WvW players and bringing the pve players into WvW still doesnt cut it. They dont want to come to WvW. Anyway Anet, thank you very much for showing all the servers how to have a better time in EBG. lmfao you blew it

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Is this really surprising?HOT brought all sorts of neat things and they are all pve. Wvw got a borderland many don’t like and capped wxp “traits” where there is no advancement right now. New maps, bosses, masteries, achieves versus a BL many don’t like….

On top of that the $$ for GH improvements – Pvx in pve……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Fingers crossed. Would love a reason to log in.

They could even leave the old servers in place for people who can’t accept reality. Playing on dead servers gets old fast. Gold/Silver/Bronze leagues is cool and all and maybe could still for work for tournaments.

I’m currently on a T1 server and this has got to be the worst server I’ve ever been on. Be careful what you wish for.

You dork. You should have come here.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

That was the plan :|
I still have 1,8k gems though.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

That was the plan :|
I still have 1,8k gems though.

Well perhaps by the time you land, Piken will have re-emerged from the pve haze. Starting to show signs of life today …

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

He’s absolutey right and always has been. It’s not that black and white though.

PvX players certainly make up the bulk of the game’s base and they make up the bulk of WvW. However, this particular set of players does NOT command or organize for WvW anyway. They pop into WvW to check to see if there are any active commanders or guilds that they like to follow, if there isn’t they leave. They are 100% dependent on the dedicated WvW community.

By building the mode for them and ignoring the feedback of active WvW guilds, you’ve essentially rendered the place commanderless. Without leaders, there will be no followers. That’s why WvW sits dead now and will sit dead until you address the issues of the active WvW guilds instead of the PvX masses.

If you want to restore WvW to it’s glory and get commander tags back up on every map there’s two things you absolutely have to do:

1) Revert stability

This is a no brainer. Commanders get pulled, pin sniped, and killed three seconds into every confrontation right now. It’s impossible to command when you’re dead.

2) Disable Rally mechanics

This is the main reason commanders run untagged. One death can rally the entire enemy force. Guildmates can be accounted for if they die but random militia can’t. You’d find a significantly higher amount of guilds would be willing to tag up if bringing random militia wasn’t a detriment to their play.

I drive 20-40 people on a daily basis. Your impressions of how this affects tags are mostly wrong.

The stab change didn’t affect tag sniping as much as you think it did. Corrupt boon was always used to eat stability and could be done pretty successfully. Stability didn’t affect the ability for people to attack you from range, moamorph, or do anything that’s actually problematic. It made it hard for melee to push in and made necromancers more important than they really should be, but that’s another topic.

As far as the rally mechanic, WvW only works because of it. Full stop. That’s the main mechanism that gives a smaller group the chance to beat a larger group even if skill levels are roughly equal, but without the result being random or unfair. It also reduces the incentive to siege up a point and press one for infinity to hold off a larger group. The ability to convert downs is a critical part of the game.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

they’ve had over 2 years to correct the problems with WvW population issues, not to mentiokittenllion suggestions, but they do NOTHING to fix it. So, most people have just moved on to a different game. It’s a shame, to me it’s GW2’s greatest asset, the developers obviously do not feel the same.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

they’ve had over 2 years to correct the problems with WvW population issues, not to mentiokittenllion suggestions, but they do NOTHING to fix it. So, most people have just moved on to a different game. It’s a shame, to me it’s GW2’s greatest asset, the developers obviously do not feel the same.

Um they created server population caps, specific to WVW, just recently too. However, it will take time to show any effect. It’s already shown some signs of working. Guess folks are too impatient.

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Um they created server population caps, specific to WVW, just recently too. However, it will take time to show any effect. It’s already shown some signs of working. Guess folks are too impatient.

Those caps are are a bandaid on a nicked artery. Sure they keep the blood from squirting everywhere, but it doesn’t solve the problems at all. WvW is and has always been designed poorly. The base design was “okay” but really needed some changes and certainly needed to be built upon. In 3 years they’ve built nothing important on to WvW and the “fixes” they implement often make the game worse. EotM did nothing to build on the WvW experience and neither did WvW masteries, the power ruins, or traps. Arguably the greatest thing to happen to WvW was the graphics rendering change, how sad is that?

The absolute biggest failure of WvW is that it wasn’t designed with anything valuable to fight over. There needs to be a reason to fight, a reason to keep coming back, something that creates tension. No one cares about a buff, they want something tangible. I like RFOnlines RvR as they had something to fight over, the winner of the chip war got mining rights and could mine 8 hours until the next chip war. Mining provided upgrades. GW2 has nothing like that, you fight because it’s fun, but with no real reward it gets old and boring. After all this is a MMORPG and progression is the name of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Maybe its just me but i dont like all that verticality as it makes finding fights harder, esp roaming fights. At least the old map were more open n had its own dueling spots. The theme was also more right, now its more bout sand n jungle which we have enough of at HoT pve zones.. i prefer the arctic feel

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

It’s amusing. The other month people were up in arms because Mike O’Brien insinuated that very few people played the WvW game mode exclusively. Now when you ask where all the WvW players are, you’ll be told “they’re in PvE.” Guess he was right afterall.

This is true only because they’ve made WvW so bad that PvE has somehow become more tolerable.

You are incorrect. PvE is required to access some od the ES skins and to unlock the ES themselves, as well as being the most efficient way to max out the hero points needed to unlock it all.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

The absolute biggest failure of WvW is that it wasn’t designed with anything valuable to fight over. There needs to be a reason to fight, a reason to keep coming back, something that creates tension. No one cares about a buff, they want something tangible. I like RFOnlines RvR as they had something to fight over, the winner of the chip war got mining rights and could mine 8 hours until the next chip war. Mining provided upgrades. GW2 has nothing like that, you fight because it’s fun, but with no real reward it gets old and boring. After all this is a MMORPG and progression is the name of the game.

That’s an interesting concept — giving the winning map something material (but I’d be reluctant to incentivize it any more than that, toot toot ktrain). But giving it a bigger purpose — you can’t get T3 keep walls unless you control the mine, now that’s quite interesting. I like it. But I guess it’s already kind of like that now, with the timed upgrades to stronger keeps — you still fight for the supply camps, etc …

Incentivizing WvW is a delicate thing. If the rewards are too lucrative, you’ll have people flocking into the game mode without any desire to learn its mechanics or, worse, help their server out. It creates a zombie mass of people who only care about the shinies and subsequently creates chaos on map where teamwork used to be the key. And then the fights on map increase: “Why aren’t you taking SM? Why aren’t you taking SM?! WHY AREN’T YOU TAKING SM YOU STUPID IDIOT!!!”

Blah.

Progression tends to be more pve-based than wvw-based. Certainly there is progression in pvp, but in WvW, it’s more about the team, pushing the enemy out — that’s the “progression,” since nobody cares much anymore about rank/tier really. Besting another server with fewer people because you know you work well as a team is the reward, frankly. Smashing the enemy with fewer numbers is the rush.

And the more the population spreads out, the better it will be for every server, not just one tier.

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

in WvW

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

Most likely, ppl are doing PvE stuff, they will have time to do Wvw so they are not that hurry. Bad calendar

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

in WvW

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

So much pain here… As a new player it is not fun to read this really, mostly complaining.
True story, I’ve neglected my WvW “duties” for some time (after expansion release, had to unlock that masteries branch), but just to prove myself right I’ll be there from now on, even if there is no one would be (which I really doubt will take place).

Pls don’t complain and let’s just play already.

p.s. Got GW2 not long ago mainly because of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

it’s not about “don’t complain, bla bla bla”.
Plenty of people explain why there is some problem in WvW… They have explain, demonstrate… It’s not just complaining….
But other people who defend the new map only know to say “take time, wait, stop whinning…”…

Then I just want someone who explain me something :
– How removing WP in the keep will make them more important on the map ?
– How removing side keep WP will make roaming more exciting. Yeah because before if you had 1 tagged camp at south you will use the WP to check what happen asap. Now you just let the camp flip.
– How making free auto upgrade will make the supply camp and the dolly more important ?
– How making the tower totally disconnected from the keep will make them more important to hold ?
– How making all upgrade automatic and free will give more thing to do on the map ? (don’t talk me abouth shrine who are just another pve stuff to do).
– How should some central pve event with big canon destroying all the gate will help to defend when you are outnumbered ?
– How giving the WP inside rampart at T0 will make this one more important to defend at all cost ?
Now give me good reason to accept all those change, tell me WHY this is best for WvW.
I don’t want some generic answers like “just wait, learn the map, stop whinning”. I need real answers. Because I have explain why all those thing are bad, I really want to listen to people saying that those thing are good for WvW, and ofc at off peak time when there is close to no one on the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Engelsstaub.4356

Engelsstaub.4356

Well, sadly it’s gonna take much longer than you expect. The reason is that 90% of WvW players are pushing for legendaries which means ditching WvW for quite some time.

in WvW

Sich.7103

For what I know there is some people in pve to do the new stuff. And there is a lot of people in pve because WvW is just boring now… The new mechanics have killed a good part of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I don’t know about you, but a bit tied up with getting everything in place. PvP allows insta-geared. WvW takes a wee bit longer, not even mentioning the guild halls and getting the WvW War-room in place. So how about giving your guild mates a hand and getting new infrastructure in place versus crying the sky is falling on the forums, yes? WvW is a major part of the end game and ANet effectively just released the start of the game again, that takes a bit of time.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Before HoT I was a 60% WvW ( 30% pvp, 10% pve because WvW pays NOTHING) player who mostly roams or did havoc.

Got to be honest, since HoT launched, I havent touched the new WvW map a single time. Not once. I also haven’t pvp’d more than a few hours outside of a guild arena room for dailies. And this is after pvp’ing and WvW’ing almost every day for hours for years.

Why? Balance.

I have zero interest in playing PvP when there is 4 DH’s per map sucking people into points and blowing them up on traps. I have zero interest roaming in WvW when mesmers who had already basically destroyed roaming pre-expansion, got the most light-handed PU nerf followed by the huge buff of chronomancer. its out of control. Revenants alone are enough to kill solo roaming because with phase traversal on a mere 5 second cooldown no roamer will ever out-run a havoc or zerg again. Burning damage STILL hasnt been toned down. Druids still take 60 seconds of straight combat to generate CA without using staff, but when using staff and healing trinkets can survive 3 people on a point.

#@$% wvw and pvp until a severe, heavy handed balance patch comes along and flattens things out.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Plenty of people explain why there is some problem in WvW… They have explain, demonstrate… It’s not just complaining….
But other people who defend the new map only know to say “take time, wait, stop whinning…”…

Really glad I bought you that expansion now, lol.

in WvW

Sich.7103

Really glad I bought you that expansion now, lol.

It’s only for that, that I want to give a try to this map… Honnestly the off peak job is just dead… And it’s not only for lack of people, but for all those bad mechanics.

in WvW

Posted by: Engelsstaub.4356

Engelsstaub.4356

WvW needs rewards.

Now the only mode that is rewarding is PvE. Anet is just pushing all non-PvE players to grind mobs instead of doing what they want.

Why no WvW-exclusive and PvP-exclusive legendaries for the most dedicated players?

in WvW

Posted by: Lorus.4218

Lorus.4218

When I first saw the mentor tags I thought, “Hey, there’s one HoT thing that might help WvW!” but nope, mentor tags are for PvE only… that’s on top of the bad new map and the pay-to-win shield generators. RIP WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Make one central map with overflows and combine all the servers into megaservers. Server loyalty is kind of a dead thing anyway.

maybe we can move away from server loyalty to guild loyalty. wouldn’t that be fun? who cares about the server, it’s all about the guild. I love your idea.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I’m on SBI and I was expecting a huge resurgence of players. I go on today, and 5 people are on commander in EB. BL’s empty except for a few roamers.

is this really it? I was looking forward to GvG’s and full maps, huge brawls, like things were 2 years ago. it breaks my heart. how is tier 1?

Depends on your definition, Tier 1 (I’m on JQ) and EB still fairly active, but most of the time it’s just PvD for exp instead of fighting real players. Honestly, the future of WvW doesnt look good. Why do I want to log in something, join a mob that’s just bashing doors and walls for experience points?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Make one central map with overflows and combine all the servers into megaservers. Server loyalty is kind of a dead thing anyway.

maybe we can move away from server loyalty to guild loyalty. wouldn’t that be fun? who cares about the server, it’s all about the guild. I love your idea.

That wouldn’t work entirely since WvW is a match between team units larger than a guild. Think “alliance”. Servers are nothing more than a type of alliance. Mega-server would still require guilds to work inside an alliance structure. So when you speak of “loyalty” the game still requires some sort of relationship to the larger team to be maintained for there to be success in the match.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

mistsim.2748

exactly. an alliance of guilds. with his suggestion, the implementation of this alliance would be much, much easier. currently, guilds are locked into server and pay gems to move around anyways. loyalty should be to the guild, and guild leaders would be loyal to each other if they choose to. this is how eve online works. no one is constrained by a server, which is a totally unnecessary and imbalanced construct. not to mention a gated experience (behind the gem paywall).

imagine a red vs. blue vs. green on a given map. and guilds got to choose what side they fight for when the matchup starts.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

exactly. an alliance of guilds. with his suggestion, the implementation of this alliance would be much, much easier. currently, guilds are locked into server and pay gems to move around anyways. loyalty should be to the guild, and guild leaders would be loyal to each other if they choose to. this is how eve online works. no one is constrained by a server, which is a totally unnecessary and imbalanced construct. not to mention a gated experience (behind the gem paywall).

imagine a red vs. blue vs. green on a given map. and guilds got to choose what side they fight for when the matchup starts.

We must be talking past each other because this is how it works now too with servers. The existence of a paywall to transfer between “alliances” has not really stopped anyone for the past three years from making changes.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

mistsim.2748

We must be talking past each other because this is how it works now too with servers. The existence of a paywall to transfer between “alliances” has not really stopped anyone for the past three years from making changes.

that’s what I’m saying. eliminate dependency on servers, eliminate the paywall, and just allow guilds to queue up to whatever side they want. get rid of BL’s and just have everyone play on one large map, one game mode. server division is totally pointless. guilds should be able to fight other guilds across servers whenever they want.

if some drastic changes aren’t made soon, wvw will probably die for good. if it hasn’t already.

in WvW

Posted by: SaXiar.2198

SaXiar.2198

To notice that 11 EU Server are marked as full. Hell what? Even with this state WvW feels empty out of prime time…and the problem is: PvE ppl join WvW in primetime and play their dailies and logg off – that’s the reason why server are marked as full, sadly.

If ,,full" means WvW is not dead, then we should(!) have more ppl in WvW at the moment.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks [EU]
Main profession: Thief & Guardian
Focus on: WvW , PvP

in WvW

Sich.7103

lol yeah, Piken is full… But we don’t have queue at prime time…. Tonight we had 1 map with 5 people on queue…. And during the day there is just no one…. Just some few people on eb…. That is a full server ?!?
Or maybe we have people login in wvw, see the mess, and then go back to pve… But they count as active player.. Yeah….

The WvW after HoT is really a bad jokes…

in WvW

Posted by: Noblehawk.8036

Noblehawk.8036

Gonna take break from WvW as it doesn’t seem to get fixed anytime soon. See you in few months maybe.

It is impossible to get even anyone to answer in here.

(edited by Noblehawk.8036)

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Well… given that you wrote that after the expansion only recently released, it’s 1) not wrong for WvW players to try out the other content they paid $50+ for, 2) a new and non-WvW-player-friendly map as the borderland map, and 3) limited-time collectibles (Halloween) to collect in PvE. It also depends on the server you’re on. I wonder if the high-pop servers still have large WvW battles; Ehmry Bay is pretty quiet now, even though it was a mid-range server. But as per other comments (in pretty much every WvW thread), the WvW map update may have actually killed the game mode.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

probably i am missing the working part on that new system, since what i see are just Full servers with empty WvW maps

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

WvW is dead for me until they fix the server performance, lower the population cap, and debug, or whatever combination is needed to make large scale fights playable again and stop a ton of people crashing. Can’t have too much of an opinion on the new maps when we can’t even play.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

not really dead yet as many of us are still grinding the heropoints in pve for all our alts, plus regearing and farming gold for all the new armor and runes etc. then there is the guildhall grind where u need to get a ton of pve only mats aswell.

so i’d say give it time untill we all got our new stuff. i only play gw2 for wvw and i spent only a few hours in eb as i had to grind hp for 5 classes and level my revenant aaand gear everyone properly…so yeah, we will be back.

on another note, yeh the new bl might stay empty as it is more of an eotm map than a borderland map.the new map ist just too much pve and too laggy and way too complex. i play wvw for the fights and not the pve events..

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

Then I just want someone who explain me something :
– How removing WP in the keep will make them more important on the map ?
– How removing side keep WP will make roaming more exciting. Yeah because before if you had 1 tagged camp at south you will use the WP to check what happen asap. Now you just let the camp flip.
– How making free auto upgrade will make the supply camp and the dolly more important ?
– How making the tower totally disconnected from the keep will make them more important to hold ?
– How making all upgrade automatic and free will give more thing to do on the map ? (don’t talk me abouth shrine who are just another pve stuff to do).
– How should some central pve event with big canon destroying all the gate will help to defend when you are outnumbered ?
– How giving the WP inside rampart at T0 will make this one more important to defend at all cost ?
Now give me good reason to accept all those change, tell me WHY this is best for WvW.
I don’t want some generic answers like “just wait, learn the map, stop whinning”. I need real answers. Because I have explain why all those thing are bad, I really want to listen to people saying that those thing are good for WvW, and ofc at off peak time when there is close to no one on the map.

All that are things that kill this gamemode for me.
Add the permanent crashes.
In EU 11 Servers are marked as “FULL” now, most of them have a queue at primetime on ONE map (mostly EB, less than 20 players in the queue). Anyone else remembers the days of “Spring tournament 2014”?? THAT was full servers.

WvW isn’t dead yet. But i see it dying every day. I’m going to hold it’s hand till the end, but i fear it has not much time left.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

If you think its bad in top tier, guess how HoT affected lowest tier servers. Before the HoT we had people, not many, but people who jumped in during the day and eventually gathered up to the prime time fights against enemy servers. There is not a single person, not enemy, no friend anymore in wvw.

The reasons wvw is dead:

• Few wvw oriented guilds left in low population servers are having hard time to upgrade the eternally hungry guild hall. The wvw upgrades being closed behind mountain of materials means all the small guilds lowest tier servers relied on, will be doing this for many months. Again, the stupid upgrade cost is exactly same for 5000 members guilds from tier 1 as it is for 20 players guild in tier 9. basically, no more guilds in wvw.
  • Auto-upgrades means everything in everywhere is always tier 3. You used to be able to hop into map for 20-30 minutes, solo some camps and take few towers with couple of friends. You need a zerg to take any structure now because its all upgraded to the max. In lowest tier zergs are rare, people are used to capture with small groups instead. Now it takes forever to build siege, run more sups from the camp, and then sit there for hours waiting that fully upgraded wall or gate to slowly, very-very slowly wear down. So, its zerg up or die at boredom.
  • If there was dominant server in low tier matches, it will now exclusively do laser show event to clear the gates on all enemy structures. While outnumbered players have to still hit the maxed up structures. Again, zerg up for the dinolasers or die at boredom.
  • There are no fights. You used to have fairly high chance of enemy showing up when you went to their home BL and poked their keeps there. Now its pointless. If enemy wants to defend fully upgraded keeps, you have no chance of capturing it so there is no reason to waste time when 3 other maps are completely empty. If enemy decides to not waste time on defending, you end up hitting the 1 button for next hour. Also, few wvw guilds are all still busy grinding PvE for guild upgrades, and will still do that kitten for many more months.

in WvW

Posted by: MURKATRON.8425

MURKATRON.8425

It’s funny people saying wvw is empty because everyone is doing pve and then getting kitten because someone has a contrary opinion to theirs. Many people are doing pve because the new bl is making wvw so boring. Many like myself have exhausted the pve content, got their elite specs and still dont want to play the new map. I will go on the desert map while queuing for EB but often find myself logging from boredom before the q pops. The fact that wvw players have been saying for years what they want and are constantly ignored just adds to the bitter feeling. My guild used to run about 20-30 ppl on a raid but now is more like 10-15 as there is constantly a Q on EB. We had wvw players come back to the game for expansion than instantly leave again after playing the map.

wvw: we dont want pve in wvw
Anet: have a map full of pve and gimmicks.

wvw: we want things orientated around fights
Anet: have a map where it takes ages to find anyone to fight due to map design and the removal of wp

wvw: we want a role for everyone
Anet: have a map where roamers have to run a marathon to find anyone to fight/reach a camp and takes ages to solo a tower/keep so that higher pop servers always win. we removed most the wp so scout reports are mostly worthless as no one can reach the objective in time.

wvw: can you address the issue of off peak play and night capping?
Anet: sure, we’ll make upgrades automatic so the ppl logging in the morning will have full upgraded t3 stuff to try and flip giving an even greater advantage to night capping.

wvw: can we get GVGs?
anet: sure we’ll give u guild halls with arenas slightly too small to hold optimum gvgs

wvw: can you design a map which incentivizes less blobbing?
Anet: have a map where blobbing is by far the best way to get anything done

wvw: can we have better rewards?
anet: no

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The map is to bloated….

Split it and give three diffrent maps. One for each side.
1.) the old arctic map with ruins.
2.) A desert map but without the underground layer and oasis. So a bit smaller and only air shrines.
3.) Jungle/Oasis map with the underground layer. Earth/Fire shrines

I guess all would be happy and it is map diversity.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I avoid the borderlands as much as possible now. Sad, cause I used to try avoid EBG if possible since it was just full of pugs.

WvW as we knew it is more or less dead. Karma trains are roaming around unchecked, then logging off as soon as a force logs on to stop them. Organic fights are more or less gone.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

WvW needs rewards.

Now the only mode that is rewarding is PvE. Anet is just pushing all non-PvE players to grind mobs instead of doing what they want.

Why no WvW-exclusive and PvP-exclusive legendaries for the most dedicated players?

I just want to buy more stat varients with my Badges of Honor. I don’t recall the vendors updating since release. Long overdue and i don’t think it is being unresonable, glad we can salvage WvW armor at least.

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

WvW always slows down during holiday events and new PvE content.

Give it time and things will bounce back, no matter what the naysayers say.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

hope so. At least i hat nice 2:3 fights today. But be barly used 10% of the map.

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

New WVW is designed to attract both Pvers and pvpers , but i reckon its not going to happen, Is this the end of our beloved game guess ,well find out in couple of months

in WvW

Posted by: Sanity Points.8073

Sanity Points.8073

They’re all in PvE because WvW is either empty, or people are crashing left or right (hopefully at least that is fixed with the new 64 bit client). The auto upgrades effectively took out all the fun in defending and upgrading while groups looking for a fight spend half the night wandering the new borderlands and having any fights they do find riddled by gimmicky PvE mechanics. EB is the only map that is often queued and coupled with the crashing issue makes it infinitely frustrating for guild groups trying to do anything in EB.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

I miss the old days when i logged in to the game and checked my friendlist and saw like 30+ people in WvW-maps. Nowadays I see like 1-3 ppl DURING PRIME TIME, thats bad. I’ve talked to ALOT of players and asked if they will return to WvW after halloween-event etc, but no… the most players answer(like me) that they wont return until old maps come back.

BG anet – i think you just killed the WvW-genre that I’ve enjoyed since release.
How the F* can you remove ALL our borders? why not just add this new map like a 4th map like EOTM or something and check if there would be players playing it? how can you remove all 3 maps? im so unhappy that i bought the expansion..

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.