Is WvW losing more players?

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Well the answer is obviously yes, but I think it’s falling a lot faster than even I expected.

Just look at the matchup rankings: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU

German servers have jumped from silver to gold, and so have Baruch. Whilst general EU servers have fallen quite a bit.

We know german servers love to zerg, one is all, all is one. Even when we had the alpine maps, it was always the german server zerg moving around as one.

Now if a lot of players have left general eu servers, it would explain the rise of the german servers. Even if german servers also lost players.

We’ve always complained that WvW rewards zerging, even though some of us dont want to run around in an 80 man blob and want to run with 25 guild members.

But to me the only thing that would explain this shift, is a lot of players leaving the game mode. And this shift coincides with the HoT release.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

They have lost me, until they bring back old maps.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I spoke to the remaining WvW players and they told me they were both still playing, so things cant be that bad.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

WvW is yes. GW2 who knows they might be gaining players with the free to play and expansion. But anyone looking to try out WvW will have a bad experience most times.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Well, as we all know, Anet (in their own words) thinks that WvW maps are nothing more than extensions of PvE.

I’m sure that they see the drop off in WvW metrics the same as they might see a drop off in the Brisbane Wilds metrics (except Brisbane Wilds at least has Iron).

in WvW

Posted by: Hayzed.1507

Hayzed.1507

Server with the most players/coverage wins the weekly…. zero skill required

Anet will NEVER get players to stay because of WvW unless they are on YB. I’m on FA and the only time I have fun on WvW is during reset other than that whats the point.

Giznat Dalgo – 80 Necromancer
Dcon – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

WvW has seen such a massive drop off since HoT, it’s not even funny. Quite sad actually. Even the week before HoT was more active than it is now.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I doubt many are even playing GW2 during the holidays, I stopped for 2 weeks personally. Otherwise they might prefer sPvP (due to leagues) and PVE due to the rewards.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’m done with WvW until they level the playing field across Elites..

It’s crap fighting someone fully specced against someone who is not and vice versa…

Give it a template similar to PvP with all skills unlocked or raise the level cap like you did when we had level 2 twinks running WvW so no one without atleast 50% of thier elites can enter WvW.

WvW is a combat zone, and fighting sub-par opponents is just as bad as fighting a green arrow.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Yes, it is losing players. Many rage quit over the HoT changes, many more are boycotting the new maps until they get rid of them. Most have lost hope that Anet will ever listen to what players actually want and will never make the changes that are necessary to make WvW playable for them. The longer they take to make changes, the more settled in the players leaving will be to new games they are trying, and may never return even if they do make the changes. By then, it very well could be too little, too late.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Of course it’s losing players, most of anet seems to want to renounce support of the entire game mode.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: tobee.1567

tobee.1567

that was sure , Anet not to listen wvw players feed back , losing ppl is 100% happen
like HOT, i’m not interest to buy . only for pve , GW2 been different than other game mode is WvW . im almost 2 months not to play gw2 , gw2 boringgg , wvw still no change … let the fact to telling Anet ur wvw is Fuxked , u destroyed

(edited by tobee.1567)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Has it every stopped losing players even when it first started out ppl where going on about it losing players becuse there are too many ppl playing it. Look ppl “i guess” do not like blobs Q being out numbered at any time night caping (or having ppl when when they are not playing ppt is part of this) from the player base and all that they said up to now maybe its not such a bad ideal from the players “feed back.”

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

I honestly don’t blame ANET this time. How long did everyone scream they wanted new maps??? So they finally give in, give new maps, now everyone is hollering we want the old back.

I used to be hardcore WvW and simply stopped playing. Had my fun with the game. Now its wait for Black Desert.

in WvW

tobee.1567

haha like guild wars 2 , no guild war fighting ,
now is World vs World , no World vs World , changed to ppl on large map looking the playerss vs playerss , guild wars 2 changed to looking wars 2

in WvW

tobee.1567

the map is good design , but use on the wrong way , if EB change this im ok , that one map too large is for 300vs300vs300 maps , old bl is for 100vs100vs100 or 80vs80vs80 size

auto upgarde <—— this thing is killed low population server
way point set up <—— make the tower not Important and make players run far away

so they Not to change , easy way telling Anet is stop to play gw2

(edited by tobee.1567)

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

I honestly don’t blame ANET this time. How long did everyone scream they wanted new maps??? So they finally give in, give new maps, now everyone is hollering we want the old back.

I used to be hardcore WvW and simply stopped playing. Had my fun with the game. Now its wait for Black Desert.

Sadly gotta agree here, my only issue has been Elites because I remember most of the complaints about WvW..

-People didn’t like fight guilds taking up PPT spots – Well they’re gone, the smaller fight guilds had everything stripped from them with HoT so now we have empty maps.

-People didn’t like groups dueling – People interested in PvP have left (mostly composed of people from fight guilds)

-People didn’t like gold sink – Free upgrades.

The rewards were not enough to keep WvW players interested – Got buffs for WXP level up and so forth….

Attacking is too easy, need more defense – Free siege and cannons + shield generator

The list goes on for ever.

I wonder if people are starting to miss the groups of people who hung out and dueled, or the fight guilds who would scrim daily for an hour or two before all the players did thier own individual WvW play time, or if people just missed having enemies in a combat zone who were interested in engaging in PvP.

WvW is what it is now, find a guild with banner access, run around in a group that never separates and banner everyone to death. Much PvP.

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

I never screamed for new maps. When they designed Eotm i realised that asking anet for something new for WvW is a BAD idea… So please use the word “everyone” carefully.
But i know ppl wanted new maps. 2 Years ago. And maybe that is a part of the problem. I would guess that the ppl who WANTED something new have quit the game long long before HoT. And most of the remaining ppl have been fine with what we had. Now that they they gave us something new the ppl who wanted it are no longer here and what we got scares away the remained players.
Or maybe we just got the worst “new things” we could get.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Smart move would be to bring ine new map and see the result. Now i only go eb and never set foot on new bl. Anet is too stubborn to change at least one back to old and players are leaving fast. pvp is loosing blood, wvw ia loosing blood and with the same events every year pve will lose blood too. Anet needs to realize that this game needs players to exist.

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

I strongly recommend everyone to transfer to a tier 1 or tier 2 server and fully enjoy WvW, even in the badly designed BL desert maps.

Any other servers are just a waste of time.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

tobee.1567

the problem still on here dude just delay the wvw dead 6 months – 1 year

(edited by tobee.1567)

in WvW

Posted by: Absurd.2947

Absurd.2947

I strongly recommend everyone to transfer to a tier 1 or tier 2 server and fully enjoy WvW, even in the badly designed BL desert maps.

Any other servers are just a waste of time.

You make it sound like higher tiers are some kind of a promised land, while it’s true to a degree, the same problems apply and are more apparent because of the sheer numbers.

Super lag that has been there for years, when was the last time someone said anything about it? Last year? A guy said they’re looking into it and we should see improvements soon. Suck it players, lag remains. The WvW devs, if there even are any, seem to be a 2 man team of interns that works on WvW between designing new mini’s for the gemshop.

Banners? LOL, they must’ve implemented that genius idea after a night of heavy drinking, someone probably lost in rock-paper-scissors and it sorta kinda just went through.

There’s just so much kitten that’s wrong with WvW and so many threads about it. I personally don’t believe it will ever recover and they can shove their sneak previews up their kitten s for all I care.

in WvW

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

First, I never requested new maps. I guess the people who wanted “new maps” should have requested “new and improved maps”. I would have thought the “improved” part was implied, but I was wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

I doubt many are even playing GW2 during the holidays, I stopped for 2 weeks personally. Otherwise they might prefer sPvP (due to leagues) and PVE due to the rewards.

usually games see a bump during the winter break since a lot of people are off of school like myself and work less hours depending on the job.
but maybe wvw is in such a bad state people would rather spend time with their families than play wvw lol

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So if someone goes in for surgery for some medical issue and the doctors incompetently perform the wrong operation, it’s the patient’s fault for wanting to correct that medical issue?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

So if someone goes in for surgery for some medical issue and the doctors incompetently perform the wrong operation, it’s the patient’s fault for wanting to correct that medical issue?

Tym the maps were needed, the new map is not that bad but has alot of issues.

Still core WvW model is the real culprit, it didnt envolved, it is a sum of many bad ideias, that is the main issue that made players leave over time.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Tym the maps were needed, the new map is not that bad but has alot of issues.

Still core WvW model is the real culprit, it didnt envolved, it is a sum of many bad ideias, that is the main issue that made players leave over time.

The map IS that bad. 1) too big 2) too much elevation 3) too many escape routes 4) too much environment BS 5) too much PVE BS. 6) too much gimmicky port all over the place nonsense. The core of the map design should be to have players spend the most time in PVP action with other players, not trying to get to it and avoid it. These maps were designed to avoid PVP action not bring it together. The MAPS are the primary problem with the maps..

The map is a sum of bad ideas. With the new maps we went from having queues on all BLS to having one giant one on EBG immediately.. not even over time. this was immediately. Then we had many rage quit over the queue and refuse to play on the DBL at all.

The reason players left over time was primarily stale boring game play. That should have been resolved by increasing the PVP action in WVW not decreasing it. Really, you should not go more than 3 or 4 seconds at most running on a map without PVP action, otherwise the game mode needs work. That should have been their primary focus when building a PVP game mode map.

I think they tend to forget that the reason players play WVW instead of PVE or SPvP is they want large scale PVP content. When building WVW maps, that should be the primary goal, to keep players engaged in large scale PVP content the whole time they are on the map. You can go to SPvP for small scale PVP, you can go to PvE for champs.. WvW should primarily focus on nonstop Large scale PVP action, and if it is not, they are not doing it right.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Quite frankly I think it Tier 1 servers that are a waste of time as it just blob fights with AOE circles extending to the moon. Spam COR or AOE type skills and there little left in the way of tactics.

At the same time the issue with the new maps IS population. I have been spending more time in them and when you have a decent population on either side they can be a lot of fun.

Striking the perfect balance between maps that are too crowded and just end up as massive blobs running place to place and those that are too empty wherein you can not find a soul to fight is not easily done.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Quite frankly I think it Tier 1 servers that are a waste of time as it just blob fights with AOE circles extending to the moon. Spam COR or AOE type skills and there little left in the way of tactics.

At the same time the issue with the new maps IS population. I have been spending more time in them and when you have a decent population on either side they can be a lot of fun.

Striking the perfect balance between maps that are too crowded and just end up as massive blobs running place to place and those that are too empty wherein you can not find a soul to fight is not easily done.

Large scale fights are AWESOME.. on games where players only use voice comms to communicate and you can KILL/ kick players who do not play as a team. The highly coordinated and technical Large scale battles on other games are amazing and the reason why large scale fights on GW2 are so dumbed down is players who are coordinated are forced to play on the same team with players who are not, downgrading everyone else’s game play. If servers were separated on GW2 by voice comm users and non, that would be a start. then they would have to separate them further by level of gameplay, whether it be casual or Hardcore and give the ability for hardcore servers to kick players from their own team as you could in GW1 arenas for leeching. Giving players options between the intensity of the game mode would help them improve the gameplay for all of those involved.

When a guild uses classes, builds, party composition and tactics on GW2 as it is, they face roll the other team in one push and the other team will not fight again, and it is time to PVD all day. SO you have to dumb down your gameplay if you dont want to be finished with the fighting after 5 minutes into your raid for the night, hell you even have to let them kill you to give them confidence hoping they will stay and fight so you do not get left with PVD all night. It really is that sad.

Trying to have any type of coordination in a game mode where you can have people afk clogging up the map and having a knitting club set up in the middle of the court while a basketball game is in progress ruins the game for all involved.

Every single player on the map from your server is on your team and if they are not playing as a team, they are keeping someone off the map who will. As long as that is the case, you have to be able to expect everyone on the team to play as a team otherwise they are downgrading the level of game play for everyone else there. it would be like one basketball team having a whole team on the court, and the other has half the team sitting in the middle of the court while the few left playing are tripping over them and each of the people sitting on the floor count as a player, so they will not even allow you to put a team together in the first place to play the game. How is that fun for anyone? Without any refs to ensure fair game play and clear the knitting club off the court, there is no way to prevent the dumbing down of the game play for the game mode in it’s current state.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

They are a little much to navigate but they really aren’t too bad, just remove some obstacles and increase map cap then they should be fine.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Large scale fights are AWESOME.. on games where players only use voice comms to communicate and you can KILL/ kick players who do not play as a team. The highly coordinated and technical Large scale battles on other games are amazing and the reason why large scale fights on GW2 are so dumbed down is players who are coordinated are forced to play on the same team with players who are not, downgrading everyone else’s game play. If servers were separated on GW2 by voice comm users and non, that would be a start. then they would have to separate them further by level of gameplay, whether it be casual or Hardcore and give the ability for hardcore servers to kick players from their own team as you could in GW1 arenas for leeching. Giving players options between the intensity of the game mode would help them improve the gameplay for all of those involved.

When a guild uses classes, builds, party composition and tactics on GW2 as it is, they face roll the other team in one push and the other team will not fight again, and it is time to PVD all day. SO you have to dumb down your gameplay if you dont want to be finished with the fighting after 5 minutes into your raid for the night, hell you even have to let them kill you to give them confidence hoping they will stay and fight so you do not get left with PVD all night. It really is that sad.

Trying to have any type of coordination in a game mode where you can have people afk clogging up the map and having a knitting club set up in the middle of the court while a basketball game is in progress ruins the game for all involved.

Every single player on the map from your server is on your team and if they are not playing as a team, they are keeping someone off the map who will. As long as that is the case, you have to be able to expect everyone on the team to play as a team otherwise they are downgrading the level of game play for everyone else there. it would be like one basketball team having a whole team on the court, and the other has half the team sitting in the middle of the court while the few left playing are tripping over them and each of the people sitting on the floor count as a player, so they will not even allow you to put a team together in the first place to play the game. How is that fun for anyone? Without any refs to ensure fair game play and clear the knitting club off the court, there is no way to prevent the dumbing down of the game play for the game mode in it’s current state.

We will agree to disagree.

I did not mind large scale fights as much before the HOT expansion. Since that time they have taken on an entirely different flavor as there far too much at range AOE and over powered skills like COR.

I prefer much smaller scale fights which require just as much coordination and more and allow a lot more of each players individual skill to manifest itself.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

We will agree to disagree.

I did not mind large scale fights as much before the HOT expansion. Since that time they have taken on an entirely different flavor as there far too much at range AOE and over powered skills like COR.

I prefer much smaller scale fights which require just as much coordination and more and allow a lot more of each players individual skill to manifest itself.

No, smaller scale fights do not require as much coordination as large scale fights.. I guess you never played games like EVE Online to see how this works when you are able to accomplish extremely technical formations and maneuvers in mass with people capable of implementing them.

On other games you break the large fight down into squads/ units and not only coordinate the individuals but also entire battlefield, you cannot implement that level of gameplay on the small scale, and no it takes much more skill to plan, coordinate and effectively carry out orders than it does to fight on the small scale. You are expected to maintain your level of skill as an individual as well as the group and coordinate and stay within the framework of the plan all at the same time.

If you like small scale PVP though, that is what SPvP is great for. it is much more fun to fight in there for small scale fights than it is in WvW. Private arenas are great for fighting as much as you wish with whomever you wish without worry of interruption.

I see small scale pvp more for goofing off though, not having to think as much as you do in large scale pvp. It is not as intense, much more relaxing. … takes me back to my days as a mercenary on Darkfall. LOL ( even then though it was open world full loot PvP so you could get ran over by a zerg at any time, and in that game, they could take your fort and kill your bank as well, and I Still find it less intense than large scale PvP done right.)

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

I managed to rally 2 people in EB over the last hour, WvW is not dead.

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It takes A-net too long to fix the issues Wvw players complain about for months. We are looking for major improvements to the quality of life in WvW. The new map added more issues instead of fixing old ones. Its harder to solo roam(auto upgrades), the event helps the winning server win faster, and it takes longer to move around the map.

Coverage gaps have been a problem the start, it became apparent to everyone during s1. Still we got 2 more seasons with the same issue. Either you are getting stomped or stomping on another server because of their playtimes. Wvwer did not get extra rewards with HoT, only more stuff that require a pve grind. Its harder for a wvw guild to upgrade their guild hall with wvw stuff than it is for a pve guild to do the same.

It easy to find zerg fights in t1 but what about the roamers/small group fights in the lower tiers? What about the solo player entering wvw for the first time? The new desert bl have a larger travel time, so find fights or objective takes a larger amount of time. The rewards you get in Wvw are lower than any pve event (unless you are constantly wiping zergs). In the lower tiers it is easier to see the issues in wvw.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

It easy to find zerg fights in t1 but what about the roamers/small group fights in the lower tiers? What about the solo player entering wvw for the first time? The new desert bl have a larger travel time, so find fights or objective takes a larger amount of time. The rewards you get in Wvw are lower than any pve event (unless you are constantly wiping zergs). In the lower tiers it is easier to see the issues in wvw.

The daily life on a lower tier server in WvW: at least one server is going to dominate everything for the whole week and they will most likely also spam banners like they get them for free, at least one server will lose almost 90% of the zerg fights because of the massive difference in numbers for the whole week and roaming is a pure cancer gank squad fest like in the higher tiers. Conclusion: if you want to have more time for PvP, running fractals or raids, join a low tier server! You will never regret it. xD

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: hobotnicax.7918

hobotnicax.7918

I pretty much stopped playing GW2 since the start of december, I’m a WvW enthusiast. Anet lost me as a customer with their ignorance and lack of WvW updates and content. The stuff they did add is mostly terrible and not what the community wanted. I am already playing another freshly released indie game where I support the developers with my wallet and know that my opinion on their forums matters, furthermore players have direct access to real-time chat with the developers. Night and day compared to Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

People (big WvW fans) did not ask for new maps…. Most post concerning the maps in WvW threads were about fixing the Alpine BL. Why would you ignore a map that people actually loved and decide to scrap it? Instead Anet invested a ton of money creating a new map for the sake of creating a new map so it could impress and maybe sell HoT… I don’t know. They just decided fixing a map that works was too much of a hassle and went for the new map with more PVE, because WvW’ers love PVE Amright?

in WvW

Buy Some Apples.6390

We did need new maps, and we still do.

The alpine map was getting stale, we knew all the siege spots, ambush points etc.
But I agree, bringing back the alpine maps would be better than the deserted bl right now.

At original launch, anet’s idea was map rotations, yet here we still are with just one map, a really really bad pve map, which has forced so many more players to leave the game!

And what response have we got from anet? : We’re bringing back PPK, Soon™

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They lost me probably for good.
I’ve invested so much in this but now it’s just no more fun to play and I can’t point my finger on why exactly. I think that tempest is such a bad elite spec design, was rushed and is so boring that I lost the interest in my main class. But then there is all the other hundreds of small and big issues that have piled up. Everything feels old even if the expansion just came out.

WvW needs an electroshock update, PPK won’t save it, it’s too late for that.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Fights would be much better if game would have less AoE. Classes should have like couple big AoE skills (no aoe cap, long cool downs, hard to set up) and other skills would be single target skills. This mindless AoE spam is as stupid as running in train and spam 111111.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I only spent 1 evening over the last 3 weeks in wvw, while I used to play 3 hours/evening everyday before HoT.
I’m doing spvp now.

VoxL, NSPPT

in WvW

Buy Some Apples.6390

Bah that’s nothing, 8 hours a night after work here.

But as with you, I find that I just cannot be bothered to log in some times. Other times our raid finishes early cos either we or the enemy lose too many players who decide to call it a night early.
So now probably 3 hours when I log on. I’ve even had a few days where I log on and my guild calls it a night just as I do.

But it’s not our fault. We’ve been complaining to anet for years! But what we see now the the result of years of infracting our concerns and neglecting WvW.
But dont worry anet, I have money to spend on other games, cos god knows how much I’ve saved thanks to you not doing anything or putting WvW items in the gem store! Perhaps Crowfall would be a better place to invest in when it is released.

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

All my replies to thread deleted for being honest, no wonder the devs use reddit.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Well the answer is obviously yes, but I think it’s falling a lot faster than even I expected.

Just look at the matchup rankings: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU

German servers have jumped from silver to gold, and so have Baruch. Whilst general EU servers have fallen quite a bit.

We know german servers love to zerg, one is all, all is one. Even when we had the alpine maps, it was always the german server zerg moving around as one.

Now if a lot of players have left general eu servers, it would explain the rise of the german servers. Even if german servers also lost players.

We’ve always complained that WvW rewards zerging, even though some of us dont want to run around in an 80 man blob and want to run with 25 guild members.

But to me the only thing that would explain this shift, is a lot of players leaving the game mode. And this shift coincides with the HoT release.

I think it’s very narrow minded to explain the rise of certain servers by their countries’ mentality. I hope you analyzed the matchups over a few weeks.

Oh and btw: your guild usually runs with around 60 which is a blob.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

I think it’s very narrow minded to explain the rise of certain servers by their countries’ mentality. I hope you analyzed the matchups over a few weeks.

Oh and btw: your guild usually runs with around 60 which is a blob.

Really? Name one guild that manages to get 60 ppl together for a WvW raid?
TT is probably the largest raiding guild anymore and I’ve not seen them with above 30 since pre HoT…..

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

The OP to who I was referring to knows which guild I mean. And since I don’t mean to “name and shame” them as I’ve been in that guild as well and like most of them still – I won’t tell you which guild I mean. I just think it’s kind of funny to complain about “zergs” while being part of a blob.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

WvW was already dying before HoT.

HoT just gave it the push.

I still like the new maps mostly, just think a few minor tweaks to them like adding more accessibility and putting on the map where the level change locations are. The central event could also be changed too or maybe bring back a ruins thing where controlling the shrine gives PPK.

OH is the OP THAT guild Jana, the one that moved of GH before HoT with some 200 players or something?

in WvW

Posted by: WeyounTM.6823

WeyounTM.6823

I am playing on one of those “blobbing” german server and I can tell you: we haven’t got much active players left either. Our morning crew has been shrinking a lot over the last couple of month. And even though we lost a ton of players we steadily climbed the ranks after HOT release. The main reason might be: we have some players who actually play on the new borders. This means we will usually out-ppt those servers who can’t be kittened to play on their borders.
Today we only had a couple of players online during our usual “shift” from 5am to 7am and we managed to “achieve” a tick of 600. Feels bad man…

WvW is the only part of GW2 I really enjoyed…now I only log on to play with my few friends in the morning. If it weren’t for the social interaction I would have uninstalled GW2 already. No more gem buying from this customer, Anet!

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The main reason might be: we have some players who actually play on the new borders. This means we will usually out-ppt those servers who can’t be kittened to play on their borders.

This.

I first saw this on GH soon after HoT. I was in home garri earth keep and we had a medium sized group from one of these german servers. I hop to EB and say to the commander how many are at the fully upgraded earth keep, just started putting rams down on inner, can you help?

Response was “no-one plays the new maps” leaving me to try to solo the medium sized group alone. Needless to say I died as soon as they focused me.

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

The main reason might be: we have some players who actually play on the new borders. This means we will usually out-ppt those servers who can’t be kittened to play on their borders.

This.

I first saw this on GH soon after HoT. I was in home garri earth keep and we had a medium sized group from one of these german servers. I hop to EB and say to the commander how many are at the fully upgraded earth keep, just started putting rams down on inner, can you help?

Response was “no-one plays the new maps” leaving me to try to solo the medium sized group alone. Needless to say I died as soon as they focused me.

part of the reason bunker meta came to wvw too.

and yeah, its funny how many servers dont care about there BLs losing all of it in favor of holding SMC and their third on EBG.