Is WvW losing more players?

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

This.

I first saw this on GH soon after HoT. I was in home garri earth keep and we had a medium sized group from one of these german servers. I hop to EB and say to the commander how many are at the fully upgraded earth keep, just started putting rams down on inner, can you help?

Response was “no-one plays the new maps” leaving me to try to solo the medium sized group alone. Needless to say I died as soon as they focused me.

GH died shortly before HoT – so comparing other servers to GH is pretty useless at the moment.
But yes, all servers are dying – except probably the german servers due to some genetic predisposition to zerg – problem is; I am german and don’t really like zergs – something is wrong with me.

in WvW

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Popular twitch players except for a few sale outs getting free kitten from Anet is jumping ship as well. This phenomena was happening before HoT but after, seems even more prominent.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

All servers are now open so yeah I think its losing players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Yeah, and it seems that those that stay are either a bit toxic, listening to them rant and complain and all on TeamSpeak, or there underlining issues that cause people to leave the servers or leave the game or WvW in general.

One of these is HoT and guild halls in general, another is the new BLs. The other maybe the bunker meta and how some classes like Tempest only needs to spam lightning overload skill, and others like rev. only need to spam hammer no. 2 skill. Why bother playing in that type of environment?

And HoT content gets boring… Fast, so I can understand why fewer and fewer maps seem to be as sparling as it was back when HoT was released.

I don’t think even if they added much to WvW now, that many would come back to WvW play…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t think even if they added much to WvW now, that many would come back to WvW play…

Every day they wait, the less chance people will come back.

The B2P “feature” where people easily return to the game after quitting doesn’t actually work. If sufficient time passes after someone quits, it’s too late.. they’ve already forgotten about the game. (Basically what they said in Swingers.)

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

There are more players in WvW than Ive ever seen! Thousands of players are loggin in everyday this game is booming!

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

My replies, too, were getting deleted and infracted for no reason. I thought perhaps the thought police was on patrol again and had wandered into the WvW forum.

But then I realised I was being silly, wasting my time on exhibiting my displeasure on the forums when I could be playing the game like thousands of others, enjoying the exciting expansion content and grinding exploring in the new areas, unlocking the new elite specializations which enrich the game with more dynamic and engaging battles. Not to forget the latest great deals to be found at the Gem Store!

Is this okay? Can I say this?

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

My replies, too, were getting deleted and infracted for no reason. I thought perhaps the thought police was on patrol again and had wandered into the WvW forum.

But then I realised I was being silly, wasting my time on exhibiting my displeasure on the forums when I could be playing the game like thousands of others, enjoying the exciting expansion content and grinding exploring in the new areas, unlocking the new elite specializations which enrich the game with more dynamic and engaging battles. Not to forget the latest great deals to be found at the Gem Store!

Is this okay? Can I say this?

No, your discussing the forum mods actions, I was infracted for warning someone about it like I’m doing now.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

Sadly WvW is toast and no credible fixes in sight. The game for me is just about over at this point. I have seen a lot of people leave the game that I used to play with. The old days are gone and the game even with HOT is just stale. WvW was my enjoyment and now it is hard to even log on it’s so broke.

in WvW

Posted by: redzerofighter.2381

redzerofighter.2381

The servers around Ferguson’s Crossing have seem to dropped in population by alot. We used to be lingering around t7-t8 due to glicko ratings, but servers like SoR, IoJ, and AR really dropped their population to the point where we passed their ranks. Our population as a server hasn’t changed drastically through this time.

At the same time, there’s not much incentive to transfer to lower tiers at the moment when a large list of servers cost the same 500 gems throughout.

Umi Sonoda
Guild leader of Love Live [Maki]
Ferguson’s Crossing [NA]

in WvW

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

On behalf of all Gw2 servers.. WvW is fine & all servers is fully populated 24/7.
Plz do not worry & post this untrue subject in the forum. Gw2/HoT has never bin more populated & balance with the number 1 pve story line of the year yet again.

ThQ

in WvW

Posted by: Voraxas.2391

Voraxas.2391

As a long time WvW - player of Elona Reach I can tell you, that - for some reason - most of the guilds seem to love the new borderlands. Their* manpower hasn’t changed since HoT. And as you can tell by the help of the statistic, they went from silver to almost no.1 in no time. Solve the equation.

* "their" and not "our" due to the aspect, that I threw 100€ at Anet only for forcing me to quit the game I’ve loved for years a few weeks later.

in WvW

Posted by: Karahol.9840

Karahol.9840

The only players still playing are either old players enjoying the unbalanced new class mechanisms, new players who have yet to see how stale the game has become and some guys like me who play like a bit every other week.

Haven’t seen anything other than r e kitten s, new players and leaving ones.

Aurora Glade’s [Emergency Heroes]

(edited by Karahol.9840)

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

WvW is dead and it isn’t coming back. By the time the ANET devs release the WvW revamp we’ll all be in a retirement home playing checkers.

They had a chance to make WvW something great, but they failed in every way possible. And now that chance has past. It’s too late now for them to fix their pathetic garbage and frankly they don’t have the talent to do it even if they cared.

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Sigh Over 5,000 hours invested in this game, 23 characters, so many gemstore items bought all makes it hard for me to leave, but leaving I am. I’ll probably keep checking back in for a while, hoping for a surprise that will never come, but the fun has just been beaten out of this game by an escalating series of counterproductive design changes. Sad, sad, sad.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Sigh Over 5,000 hours invested in this game, 23 characters, so many gemstore items bought all makes it hard for me to leave, but leaving I am. I’ll probably keep checking back in for a while, hoping for a surprise that will never come, but the fun has just been beaten out of this game by an escalating series of counterproductive design changes. Sad, sad, sad.

It’s similar for me, I think around 6k hours, probably 5k in WvW. I barely played in a month. HoT just doesn’t have the depth it needed to strongly push this game into 2016.

I actually thought they would improve WvW over the years but the changes they’ve done have been for the most part without incidence to the gaming experience… Even WvW ranks are now completly useless since they removed guard stacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

My question is, where did all the wvw’ers go? As far as I know, no other game has a decent WvW gamemode. Are they all just playing Civ?

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

My question is, where did all the wvw’ers go? As far as I know, no other game has a decent WvW gamemode. Are they all just playing Civ?

Actually, no game has a decent WvW gamemode, including GW2. So there’s no reason not to quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Open-world PvP isn’t quite the same as WvW (which was epic at first!) but it’s much, much better than what WvW has become. I’m going over to a game that excels at open-world PvP.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

msalakka.4653

As a long time WvW – player of Elona Reach I can tell you, that – for some reason – most of the guilds seem to love the new borderlands. Their* manpower hasn’t changed since HoT. And as you can tell by the help of the statistic, they went from silver to almost no.1 in no time. Solve the equation.

• “their” and not “our” due to the aspect, that I threw 100€ at Anet only for forcing me to quit the game I’ve loved for years a few weeks later.

The HoT disaster hasn’t affected the German servers much (not negatively anyway) because they tend to have a different playstyle (read: cannons, and more cannons).

The DBLs cater to zergs and blobs, which is the only thing we ever faced when matched with Elona, RS, or Kodash.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

The DBLs cater to zergs and blobs, which is the only thing we ever faced when matched with Elona, RS, or Kodash.

Funny considering how the desert BL is meant to break blobs up.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

msalakka.4653

I find it difficult to believe that was ever the intention. Everything favours large numbers, from barricades to the PvE event.

in WvW

Posted by: WeyounTM.6823

WeyounTM.6823

The HoT disaster hasn’t affected the German servers much (not negatively anyway) because they tend to have a different playstyle (read: cannons, and more cannons).

Don’t judge the rising of german server purely on that basis. As I said before…we have lost a ton of players also. At times there is not a single soul hanging out in Teamspeak. We usually do travel through the borders and capture everything we can, but we sure as hell don’t have the manpower or ambition to hold everything on those borders. If the oposing server won’t capture their stuff back in time….it just keeps on ticking, even though our 6-10 man morning-“blob” has left a long time ago.
This is what makes the automatic upgrades so stupid and dangerous. Even the dolly change will not help much in that regard.

So yes, we still can pull out some decent numbers during primetime or reset. But our coverage throughout the day is abysmal at times. GG Anet and thanx for all the crap you keep throwing into my inventory thumbs-up.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

I find it difficult to believe that was ever the intention. Everything favours large numbers, from barricades to the PvE event.

Well there are the many many many choke points, far too many really.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

Actually, the quite demotivated Da Pain Train leadership (wvw guild on Deso, you know, Ins and such) is playing Planetside 2. Logging in mainly for recuperating the daily lootbag and waving to other people. One brave soul still checks the guild hall updates. Banners piling up.

in WvW

Posted by: mas.7401

mas.7401

Good idea, I have a Planetside 2 account I forgot about for awhile.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

For me, for the time being its Fallout 4 and Witcher 3, yea no pvp or rvr, but the rest of it is far better then GW2 is hands down, + nudy mods etc. So if I am to play a game for story and PVE, might as well play a kitten good one.

There really are no good PVP games out right now, some on horizon but who knows how they will turn out. Camelot Unchained looked kinda good but it’s a persistant sandbox, meaning it will suffer from same population / nightcapping issues that this game has and the devs will do absolutely nothing about it, they’ll just chalk it up to “sandbox”, therefore it will suck. No idea about the others, ESO is disappointing, EVE Online is another one that I can’t stand to play anymore for more then like a month out of every year.

So no good PVP games with RPG environment out.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

morrolan.9608

There really are no good PVP games out right now, some on horizon but who knows how they will turn out. Camelot Unchained looked kinda good but it’s a persistant sandbox, meaning it will suffer from same population / nightcapping issues that this game has and the devs will do absolutely nothing about it, they’ll just chalk it up to “sandbox”, therefore it will suck.

That depends, I don’t think it will have euro servers and it will have a campaign structure with 3 factions rather than servers so its far more flexible in dealing with those issues. And by that argument any RvR game will have population balancing issues.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

For me, for the time being its Fallout 4 and Witcher 3, yea no pvp or rvr, but the rest of it is far better then GW2 is hands down, + nudy mods etc. So if I am to play a game for story and PVE, might as well play a kitten good one.

There really are no good PVP games out right now, some on horizon but who knows how they will turn out. Camelot Unchained looked kinda good but it’s a persistant sandbox, meaning it will suffer from same population / nightcapping issues that this game has and the devs will do absolutely nothing about it, they’ll just chalk it up to “sandbox”, therefore it will suck. No idea about the others, ESO is disappointing, EVE Online is another one that I can’t stand to play anymore for more then like a month out of every year.

So no good PVP games with RPG environment out.

The Devs over there have stated that Camelot Unchained will be subscription based. Thanks but no thanks. Will probably go free to play within a year like all the rest not named WoW.

in WvW

Posted by: Noob.5908

Noob.5908

My GW2 play time has been cut to 5% of what it was. I have posted several articles on how to fix WVW and my attitude towards other things happening in this game currently but… After having time to reflect over my feelings about it all, there is one thing that has stayed with me.

A company that take’s a game mode like WVW and dumps SO MUCH CRAP into it and changes the dynamics of WVW both on a solo player level and a guild/zerg level just can’t be trusted. I had over 9k hours invested in WVW and even if they make a bunch of new changes and WVW gets better I just don’t have any confidence in Anet being able to make reasonable decisions when it comes to changes and how those changes affect their player base. I am also still very angry about it all. WVW will never have the excitement it once had, it’s pretty much game over.

Oleman – SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I know a lot of players that have left, our core guild leader for [lion] who was as big of fan of GW1 as you will find left in disgust after HoT hit.

And a lot of other more competitive WvW players have all quit, i think WvW is still fine for those players that mostly do PvE and jump into WvW as a bit of fun occasionally. Maybe this is how Anet envisions WvW, a throwaway bit of fun nothing to be taken too seriously. The golem event certainly points to this.

GvG scene died off, small havoc isnt exactly blossoming in T1. I think those dedicated commanders out there day in day out certainly dont share Anet’s PoV on the game mode being for teh lulz but play with a more serious bent. Same with the bigger dedicated WvW guilds in T1.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Every day they wait, the less chance people will come back.

The B2P “feature” where people easily return to the game after quitting doesn’t actually work. If sufficient time passes after someone quits, it’s too late.. they’ve already forgotten about the game. (Basically what they said in Swingers.)

B2P could work, provided that the developer doesn’t disappoint and frustrate people like Anet is doing now. Even the gem shop is pretty lame. In a “vanity and skins horizontal progression” game that’s riddled with trench coats, capes for one’s buttocks and drapes for one’s loins, you’re somehow still faced with all or nothing “outfits” being added one after another but you can buy a pet rock! Instead of attractive offerings, they’ve been slowly weaving gem to gold traps into the actual game.

Plus there is a big difference between leaving because you’ve soured on the game and taking a break because of exams, new schedule or family. A subscription would force Anet to create *new*content regularly (and not removing and re-gating stuff) and balance regularly, communicate regularly. Ticking off customers who have options probably won’t work out well regardless of business model.

I don’t know if you’ve taken a gander at the GW2 twitch channels and how it’s been shrinking. sPvPers trying to hold it together while jumping around in the lobby, sporadic WvWvW raid/roaming streams that, due to PvD and dead small man are just as boring as the PvE broadcasts that seem to be in the majority (I can’t imagine those PvE raids and map completions being engaging for long).

I don’t know. Looking at some of the other changes. They added T3 gates, tougher lords, auto upgrades and barricades in the same update that gutted guild catapults and heavily gated guild buffs. The days of some random player popping an upgrade from their personal guild and yelling “+ 5 sup on south camp” are done and done.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

I don’t know. Looking at some of the other changes. They added T3 gates, tougher lords, auto upgrades and barricades in the same update that gutted guild catapults and heavily gated guild buffs. The days of some random player popping an upgrade from their personal guild and yelling “+ 5 sup on south camp” are done and done.

This is anet, the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. Those contradictory design decisions just show how poor the WvW project mgt and development is. There is literally no-one at the top integrating the various design choices into a cohesive whole that adheres to their overall design goals.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Im just loiking forward to bdo

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Good idea, I have a Planetside 2 account I forgot about for awhile.

If you like PS2 maybe Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade is also something for you.

Since 4 Weeks i didnt login to GW2, at the moment it is a waste of time, i do not have the feeling the Devs are working on this game. The only things we get are new Gemstore costumes, no communication with the community or bugfixes or anything which shows us they are working on the problems this game has.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

KayCee.4653

The servers around Ferguson’s Crossing have seem to dropped in population by alot. We used to be lingering around t7-t8 due to glicko ratings, but servers like SoR, IoJ, and AR really dropped their population to the point where we passed their ranks. Our population as a server hasn’t changed drastically through this time.

At the same time, there’s not much incentive to transfer to lower tiers at the moment when a large list of servers cost the same 500 gems throughout.

This is mostly because people went up to the T1 and T2 servers from SoR and other servers. I have heard stories from some that said they didn’t like something that SoR had did back in the past… but all of the ones that I played with were like they were never going back to SoR or any Medium pop server. I guess they liked the blob v blob v blob fights.

And with PPK returning, I doubt anyone will do anything but spawn camp one side in EBG and do blob v blob v blob fights… So being on a higher tier server seems more lucrative than medium pops for some I guess. I worry that people are too far gone though to help bring the lower pop servers up to speed like it use to be pre-HoT.

Like others here, I’ve devoted a lot of time to WvW, not even sure how much time I spent there. I’d say maybe 80% of the time, but I’m finding it harder to keep my interest in playing WvW. I’m like 140 ranks from being maxed in all WvW skills, and I am like, why would I keep playing after I max everything? There is no incentive to just keep playing… Yet at least with PvE and PvP you have reward tracks and gear skins, and more… But WvW, even that achievements don’t really provide much incentive.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

A lack of rewards, a certain bias towards expensive guild upgrades, and a cumbersome map have really caused a huge hit to the casual appeal for WvW.

But then again, it doesn’t have that much to offer to the hardcore player either beyond being a de factor place for RvR, at the moment.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

KayCee.4653

A lack of rewards, a certain bias towards expensive guild upgrades, and a cumbersome map have really caused a huge hit to the casual appeal for WvW.

But then again, it doesn’t have that much to offer to the hardcore player either beyond being a de factor place for RvR, at the moment.

True, I’ve been wondering why people with Gold and higher ranks stay in WvW, when there is no incentives. And also, with it being such a money sink in the past with siege and paying for upgrades, which now, the latter is gone and the former is less of an issue since heroic proofs can be used to purchase siege.

I guess in the end blob v blob is about the only thing that makes people want to keep playing that after they max everything. However, I worry too that even the few new people that WvW has gotten will grow tired of trying to max everything when there hardly any incentives to keep going just for that.

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Our guild has always been a pvx guild. We want to enjoy our WvW nights, but despite us trying hard to get some fun, things just don’t work out . We go to new maps for some ppt but that’s boring as hell. Going to ebg has its own issues with zergs abusing dragon banner. This is more of troll wars now. WvW is not something I intend to waste my time on anymore. Might just do the odd reset here and there to run with friends. Boring and dead game mode with no motivation to play.