Is WvW still the same?

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: Sath.3562

Sath.3562

Hello all,

I started playing GW2 right when it came out. I played for about a month, ran WvW every day or so – and then learned how boring and dull it became, and quit.

Is it all still the same? WvW back then was group vs door, take the keep – move on to the next keep, and continue on doing that all day. It was very lackluster, and there was no purpose.

What changes have been made that make it worth it to return?

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

Same ’ol.

15 chars

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Pretty similar but some changes, play for a day or 2 yourself to see including reset tonight!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

(edited by dunnberry.2964)

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: Tusktikva.9750

Tusktikva.9750

If you found it boring before, it will not be any different to you now.

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Yes wvw has changed, for better or for worse depending on your point of view, but yes it has changed. Just join up and find out.

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Have you joined a guild since then?

If not then no changes have been made and its never going to be worth it.

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Still the same. Still terrible, sadly.
Basically you can form a small group and roam around, this is fun (sometimes) but be ready to run away from the zerg cos your small party will have no chance. Maybe you can down someone, but you won’t stomp the player, you will simply be submerged by aoe spam. That’s basically what wvw is…aoe spam. Bigger fights are pure lol. There are so many effects around you can barely understand what’s happening.
Rarely you might be lucky and find another small group of players (who most likely will try to run away and hide into the zerg). Good luck.

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: Pain.3756

Pain.3756

Hello all,

I started playing GW2 right when it came out. I played for about a month, ran WvW every day or so – and then learned how boring and dull it became, and quit.

Is it all still the same? WvW back then was group vs door, take the keep – move on to the next keep, and continue on doing that all day. It was very lackluster, and there was no purpose.

Exactly the same.

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Hello all,

In my opinion the game has move backwards since release, the only real positive change has been the removal of culling.

~ AoN ~

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

So much negativity.

Joining the blob and running from objective to objective is the same as it ever was. The real fun is in joining a guild that’s active in WvW and engaging in your server’s community. When there are a few such guilds active on a map, you can coordinate with them to do simultaneous assaults on various objectives. That way, either group is much more likely to succeed.

Last night, our group of about 10 players was able to take Bay on an enemy border, thanks to another guild launching a simultaneous assault on Garrison, and had a lot more fun doing it than if we were just following a little blue diamond around knocking on doors until they broke down.

Xander Moss
Gandara

Is WvW still the same?

in WvW

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

Still the same. Still terrible, sadly.
Basically you can form a small group and roam around, this is fun (sometimes) but be ready to run away from the zerg cos your small party will have no chance. Maybe you can down someone, but you won’t stomp the player, you will simply be submerged by aoe spam. That’s basically what wvw is…aoe spam. Bigger fights are pure lol. There are so many effects around you can barely understand what’s happening.
Rarely you might be lucky and find another small group of players (who most likely will try to run away and hide into the zerg). Good luck.

I wouldn’t call that “terrible.” I’ve played far worse in an MMO.

There’s the alternative way to WvW.

Build siege and shoot it at the enemy’s siege. First side to run out of supply loses.