Is anybody currently happy with wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: HamHat.5201

HamHat.5201

Real talk. I remember when you use to play different servers every week and it was always a new challenge, now most of the time wvw is empty and i’m on a tier 1 server. Now add the golem rush and it’s just a grind like every other map.

My suggestions for making it better. Make wvw guild based(Random guilds sent to a different color every week and make the guild transfer cost affordable, none of this over the top server movement payment. That fee is only aimed at wvw, with a guild transfer fee that is applicable to anyone.

That would kill the dead servers, bring back guild pride, KEEP WVW INTERESTING, keep money flowing to anet, add a new system to reward guilds besides guild events, and probably more things i missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I’m in tier 1 NA and I rarely see a queue on the maps anymore. Even at reset the queues are brief and quite small. I’m hoping some population returns when HoT is finally released (March 2053). Stale match-ups and virtually no new content added to the game for months has probably caused a lot of people to leave and take a break.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Um, how long exactly have you been on t1??? Since when has t1 played different servers every week, Ive been on t1 since SoR rose up to it and we played bg and jq for over a year, and it has been bg v jq v tc since, when exactly was there different servers every week? T1 servers in NA and EU are both full and unless your afk during total dead times your statement of wvw being empty most of the time is completely false. Golem rush was a weeklong event, get over it, its done, in the past.

Your suggestion makes no sense whatsoever. Making wvw guild based destroys the whole concept of wvw aka WORLD VS WORLD, the whole point is for servers to be matched against servers and that includes everyone on that server. Forcing guilds at random to play on different colors every week, which btw you can do in eotm, will not only destroy wvw but guilds and servers as well.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

If guilds were set to random colors every week, what would be the point of transferring? I guess I’m confused.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I’m having fun still but the lag is an issue. Stay for the fights, leave when I can’t cast skills.

I’m ready for the new map and some kind of flavor to WvW. I’d also like to move around with my guild a little more freely. I don’t think WvW players should have to pay for server transfers when nobody else has to. In addition to that, food, oils, gear changes. It gets expensive just trying to stay ahead of other guilds.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

HamHat.5201

Um, how long exactly have you been on t1??? Since when has t1 played different servers every week, Ive been on t1 since SoR rose up to it and we played bg and jq for over a year, and it has been bg v jq v tc since, when exactly was there different servers every week? T1 servers in NA and EU are both full and unless your afk during total dead times your statement of wvw being empty most of the time is completely false. Golem rush was a weeklong event, get over it, its done, in the past.

Your suggestion makes no sense whatsoever. Making wvw guild based destroys the whole concept of wvw aka WORLD VS WORLD, the whole point is for servers to be matched against servers and that includes everyone on that server. Forcing guilds at random to play on different colors every week, which btw you can do in eotm, will not only destroy wvw but guilds and servers as well.

I’ve been playing wvw since release. EotM is also always busy so again thanks for proving my point. Instead of just claiming it would destroy guilds please state theories as to why you think so? Destroying servers isn’t the worse idea ever, everything besides wvw is mega server. And everyone that wants to join the tier 1 servers can’t, meaning wvw is dying off, because we can’t get fresh players into the servers.

I believe it would make guilds stronger because they would want to be recruiting more people who can help carry a server every week, instead of relying on some one else to do it.

If guilds were set to random colors every week, what would be the point of transferring? I guess I’m confused.

There would be no point in server transfer, it’s an old system that doesn’t work anymore. That’s why I think there should be a guild transfer system that is much more cost effective, that way anet no longer is targeting only wvw players but all players, meaning the price of transfers would be lower for all.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m in tier 1 NA and I rarely see a queue on the maps anymore. Even at reset the queues are brief and quite small. I’m hoping some population returns when HoT is finally released (March 2053). Stale match-ups and virtually no new content added to the game for months has probably caused a lot of people to leave and take a break.

That’s likely because all the players are on their secondary accounts working to get YB into T1 or whatever their plan was and also to trick anet into believing T1 isn’t full anymore so the servers open up again. I don’t think T1 is “dead” ;)

Edit: Embarrassing grammar – I hope no one has quoted me ;)

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Dig Walrus.1460

Dig Walrus.1460

Don’t have any lagg issues or anything, the current balance is the only thing that’s bothering me.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I’ve been playing wvw since release. EotM is also always busy so again thanks for proving my point. Instead of just claiming it would destroy guilds please state theories as to why you think so? Destroying servers isn’t the worse idea ever, everything besides wvw is mega server. And everyone that wants to join the tier 1 servers can’t, meaning wvw is dying off, because we can’t get fresh players into the servers.

I believe it would make guilds stronger because they would want to be recruiting more people who can help carry a server every week, instead of relying on some one else to do it.

There would be no point in server transfer, it’s an old system that doesn’t work anymore. That’s why I think there should be a guild transfer system that is much more cost effective, that way anet no longer is targeting only wvw players but all players, meaning the price of transfers would be lower for all.

No offense, but it seems like you dont understand what your saying. If eotm is your model for better wvw, you just lost all credibility right there, you completely misunderstood my point about eotm/color system and guilds. Guilds can go to eotm anytime to do exactly what you suggested. What purpose is there to destroying servers, reworking transfer fees, pushing guilds at random to fight on different servers all in favor of making wvw better….??? Do you not see your contradiction? WvW means world vs world its not guild centered, guilds play an important role but wvw is not designed around guilds.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

HamHat.5201

That’s likely because all the players are on their secondary accounds working to get YB into T1 or whatever their plan was and also to trick anet into believing T1 isn’t full anymore so the servers open up again. I don’t think T1 is “dead”

]

Ok maybe not dead, but certainly as busy as it use to be. Now it’s usually one map zurging, I rarely run into the big fights I use to run into frequently.

No offense, but it seems like you dont understand what your saying. If eotm is your model for better wvw, you just lost all credibility right there, you completely misunderstood my point about eotm/color system and guilds. Guilds can go to eotm anytime to do exactly what you suggested. What purpose is there to destroying servers, reworking transfer fees, pushing guilds at random to fight on different servers all in favor of making wvw better….??? Do you not see your contradiction? WvW means world vs world its not guild centered, guilds play an important role but wvw is not designed around guilds.

eotm is a great map, different from the rest which is nice, there are always big fights happening at eotm, but at the end of the day it’s about karma farming and not winning fights(that’s the downside to eotm your guild certainly does’t win anything from eotm, not even bragging rights). I also see no contradiction in my statement because it’s been how long since a different server has fought another? This is no longer wvw but a weekly grind with the same people, the wvw aspect is gone. You obviously weren’t around during the awesomeness that was playing against a new server every week, where wvw didn’t feel like a grind.

Anywho disagree with my idea all you want, are you currently happy with wvw? That was the main point of this thread. Because i’m not, I want to be put against different people, and I would like to see the wvw servers stay busy besides peak hours on the weekends.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Because any account can be in 5 guilds, it’s going to be impossible to split players by guild alone. Going to need a completely new system.

Personally I’d be happy to see the end of the server system. It hasn’t panned out too well in the long run. But I’d like to see WvW reimagined in a few more ways besides.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Nope.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

And everyone that wants to join the tier 1 servers can’t, meaning wvw is dying off, because we can’t get fresh players into the servers.

SMH… WvW doesn’t revolve around the T1 servers. If you are tired of the stale match up that you are stuck in (because T1 players thought it would be healthy for the game to bandwagon and manipulate matches for so long) then transfer. T4-7 are constantly fluctuating.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Its summer ham,means ppl dont play that much overall,will get more crowdie once the ugly weather comes back

OTAN guild,WSR server

in WvW

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

The GvG/WvW fight guilds got tired of BS and blobbing from T1/T2 and hoped down to T3 so we could establish some decent fights, for a while personally i was bitter about it because nobody knew what we were doing.

1 week later this is best thing we ever could of done, Im emptying my inventories 2-3 times a night, there is no zerging, everyone fights each other with 20 -20 man guild groups and its respectfull we dont pull server stacking blob tactics.

Server stacking is what killed the game for us, we dont want to fight 50+ blobs with no skill all night, we want to be tested and coordinated. Our general nights go something like this:

7pm – Get ready for GvG fights
8pm – Roam around Borderlands looking for equal match up fights ( we dont go after roamers/ppt players we let them fight their own fair battles)
8:30pm – TRIAL BY COMBAT (fights everywhere, fair fights, taking turns 1 guild v 1 guild no more blobbing ajaming you used to see, its good honest respectful fights youd expect and want)

8:45pm – slow down in fights, repair armor clear bags flip bay/hills/garri for a bit to regather and regroup our fight locations

8:50pm – Last call fights (hop to OS for GvG, any last fights we want or revenge fighting usually scheduled around this time)

T3 is a great place if you want to fight and not worry about the zerging.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

My guild only rallies about twice a week now (maybe), so I generally just go into WvW for the dailies. I just join whatever tag is up at the time and leave after getting them done.

So am I happy? Not really.
Am I bored? Heck yea.

WvW needs more life and it seems to me that golem week demoralized many of my guildies into finding other things to do.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

That’s likely because all the players are on their secondary accounts working to get YB into T1 or whatever their plan was and also to trick anet into believing T1 isn’t full anymore so the servers open up again. I don’t think T1 is “dead”

Edit: Embarrassing grammar – I hope no one has quoted me

^^^^^

This.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

T3 used to be pretty amazing. Lots of roamers, good small group fighting everywhere.

Then T1 took a big dump all over T2 to boost YB because they were “bored.” The T2 fight guilds who wanted none of that lame mindless blob fight BS fled to T3.

While it works out nicely for them, escaping the blob, and they tried to be respectful by splitting up, the rest of the picture is they are expediting the rate at which T3 is ruined, and they’ve taken their own dump all over T3. With no one playing on FA or SoS, those servers will plummet even faster, leaving 2 of the 3 well matched T3 servers to get pushed up into the craphole of T2 that T1 has created, which will completely ruin what T3 had been, and probably destroy the community on those servers.

On top of that, the large majority of the players dont understand that the GvG’rs dont want them around. Instead of commanders that accept everyone and play for fights, we now have a bunch of commanders that run around untagged and dont want anyone following them but their own guildies so they can have perfectly even fights, and they don’t make any effort to help the addons. This is really confusing for the vast majority of the T3 WvW’rs who don’t understand why these guys aren’t helping to take or defend anything and are actively trying not to be followed. It’s also created this whole elitist level of WvW for the native T3 population who are basically told “don’t follow any of the transfer guilds, they dont want to play with us, they just want to play in our yard.”

So thanks for ruining T2, T1. And thanks for inserting yourself into T3 without wanting to be part of it, T2.
T4! Watch out!

Game in general outside of server drama, WvW needs what is always has: Darkness Falls from Dark Age of Camelot. For people not familiar: DF is a dungeon that all sides have portals to, but you can only enter when you are currently winning (in PPT, not total points). Has very good loot and leveling for PvE’rs. Enemy players who used to own it are not kicked out until they die, so the PvE’rs need PvP/WvW’rs from their own realm to help them “make it safe” once they’ve won access to it.

• Its a reason for PvE’rs to care about how the war is going, even if they dont want to fight.
  • Builds bridges between PvE and PvP / WvW communities
  • Its a huge balance mechanic, taking the soldiers from strongest enemy off the field as they go to enjoy / help clear out / hunt in the dungeon.
  • Could allow for great map possibilities like small and large indoor fighting areas (as opposed to all-outdoors-all-the-time). Great places for groups of ranging from solo to massive.
SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in WvW

ades.1386

“On top of that, the large majority of the players dont understand that the GvG’rs dont want them around. Instead of commanders that accept everyone and play for fights, we now have a bunch of commanders that run around untagged and dont want anyone following them but their own guildies so they can have perfectly even fights, and they don’t make any effort to help the addons. This is really confusing for the vast majority of the T3 WvW’rs who don’t understand why these guys aren’t helping to take or defend anything and are actively trying not to be followed. It’s also created this whole elitist level of WvW for the native T3 population who are basically told “don’t follow any of the transfer guilds, they dont want to play with us, they just want to play in our yard.””

^^
Youve got it backwards, the GvG guilds came to T3 so we could gain more people/fights and come play on an even level while avoiding the blobs. Most GvG commanders will be happy with pugs running along as long as they dont hinder a fight or cause a blob, GvG guilds dont like blobs they want fair fights and high skill. my guild moved over and we recently have acquired many new faces simply by running around and having people follow us. Sure we dont tag up all the time sometimes were in a “organized” 15v15 fight other times we will tag up if were running small and could use the help.

Your other part is true, GvG guilds dont care much for PPT which is why you wont see us fighting around them, we mostly go to south bay, south hills or the ruins to fight so we can stay out the way of the roamers and let them do their own things.

T3 is still a great place to play how you want.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Tongku.5326

T3 used to be pretty amazing. Lots of roamers, good small group fighting everywhere.

Then T1 took a big dump all over T2 to boost YB because they were “bored.” The T2 fight guilds who wanted none of that lame mindless blob fight BS fled to T3.

While it works out nicely for them, escaping the blob, and they tried to be respectful by splitting up, the rest of the picture is they are expediting the rate at which T3 is ruined, and they’ve taken their own dump all over T3. With no one playing on FA or SoS, those servers will plummet even faster, leaving 2 of the 3 well matched T3 servers to get pushed up into the craphole of T2 that T1 has created, which will completely ruin what T3 had been, and probably destroy the community on those servers.

On top of that, the large majority of the players dont understand that the GvG’rs dont want them around. Instead of commanders that accept everyone and play for fights, we now have a bunch of commanders that run around untagged and dont want anyone following them but their own guildies so they can have perfectly even fights, and they don’t make any effort to help the addons. This is really confusing for the vast majority of the T3 WvW’rs who don’t understand why these guys aren’t helping to take or defend anything and are actively trying not to be followed. It’s also created this whole elitist level of WvW for the native T3 population who are basically told “don’t follow any of the transfer guilds, they dont want to play with us, they just want to play in our yard.”

So thanks for ruining T2, T1. And thanks for inserting yourself into T3 without wanting to be part of it, T2.
T4! Watch out!

Game in general outside of server drama, WvW needs what is always has: Darkness Falls from Dark Age of Camelot. For people not familiar: DF is a dungeon that all sides have portals to, but you can only enter when you are currently winning (in PPT, not total points). Has very good loot and leveling for PvE’rs. Enemy players who used to own it are not kicked out until they die, so the PvE’rs need PvP/WvW’rs from their own realm to help them “make it safe” once they’ve won access to it.

• Its a reason for PvE’rs to care about how the war is going, even if they dont want to fight.
  • Builds bridges between PvE and PvP / WvW communities
  • Its a huge balance mechanic, taking the soldiers from strongest enemy off the field as they go to enjoy / help clear out / hunt in the dungeon.
  • Could allow for great map possibilities like small and large indoor fighting areas (as opposed to all-outdoors-all-the-time). Great places for groups of ranging from solo to massive.

I feel bad for you guys. I experienced this few months on T2, its pretty bad. if I were you, I would follow them on purpose in entire groups and jump in as they start fighting, or something like that. They are detrimental to rest of the playerbase and what remains of server communities. the sooner you can get rid of them the better off you will be.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Raven.9603

"
^^
Youve got it backwards, the GvG guilds came to T3 so we could gain more people/fights and come play on an even level while avoiding the blobs. Most GvG commanders will be happy with pugs running along as long as they dont hinder a fight or cause a blob, GvG guilds dont like blobs they want fair fights and high skill. my guild moved over and we recently have acquired many new faces simply by running around and having people follow us. Sure we dont tag up all the time sometimes were in a “organized” 15v15 fight other times we will tag up if were running small and could use the help.

Your other part is true, GvG guilds dont care much for PPT which is why you wont see us fighting around them, we mostly go to south bay, south hills or the ruins to fight so we can stay out the way of the roamers and let them do their own things.

You basically said I “got it backwards” about leaving T2 to avoid blobs, not tagging up and not wanting pugs, but then said (paraphrasing) “but sometimes we dont tag up and sometimes we want exactly 15v15 and we generally dont care about helping out with objectives”. So, I didn’t really get it backwards. You guys showed up to play your own game in our yard, not to play “with us.”

Being here is fine, as is not taking or defending objectives or wanting to only play with your own guildies. But its confusing as heck for most of the natives who dont keep track of server transfer politics, and not every guild is as accepting of pug-militia following them around as yours, and not every native will understand why the friendly zerg outside their keep has zero interest in helping them defend it.

I feel bad for you guys. I experienced this few months on T2, its pretty bad. if I were you, I would follow them on purpose in entire groups and jump in as they start fighting, or something like that. They are detrimental to rest of the playerbase and what remains of server communities. the sooner you can get rid of them the better off you will be.

So I should ruin the fun of other people because they aren’t playing the same game as the rest of us in this space? No, thats not right either. I will leave harassing people for dueling and GvG fights to the insecure Arenanet developer who sends nasty tells to players fighting behind south camp.

Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in WvW

Puck.9612

So I should ruin the fun of other people because they aren’t playing the same game as the rest of us in this space? No, thats not right either. I will leave harassing people for dueling and GvG fights to the insecure Arenanet developer who sends nasty tells to players fighting behind south camp.

^ +1

in WvW

ades.1386

We used to to run color tags in T2 maybe that would help??

Blue = Open PPT raiding
Yellow = Open Guild Raid (come play with us!)
Red = GvG Closed Raid

It worked pretty good, but yes I agree it would be very confusing if you didnt know what was going on. Ive also noticed most of T3 doesnt use TS and they like to map chat. A higher encouragement level for teamwork is always a bonus (aka dont go hiding in your private TS GvG guilds…) personally on my server we never lock our TS down unless its a closed raid. It helps the scouts they can jump in and run along with us and we can respond with numbers.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Raven.9603

(Ades)

I dont know which server you are on exactly. SBI has a server TS with map and guild channels. Often players from all maps will sit in a single map channel if its not too busy to just share information across the maps (and for more lively conversation). Generally only 10-30% of a map will be on TS. Many of the pugs dont bother, or are guildies of someone who sits in and relays to them whats going on.

I have yet to see the T2 GvG’rs in the TS, but I’ve been out for about a week. If the map commander isnt in TS that definitely effects the population of the map channel.

The commander tag setup you posted would definitely help the pugs if it was widely known. The current system on SBI is “Blue is main force, everything else is a different color”.

in WvW

HamHat.5201

Readinga bout a lot of gvg, I think it would be great if there was a seperate gvg map that contributed to your teams color that week. I say teams color because I believe servers are an out dated system that need to be re worked.

in WvW

Tongku.5326

"
^^

You basically said I “got it backwards” about leaving T2 to avoid blobs, not tagging up and not wanting pugs, but then said (paraphrasing) “but sometimes we dont tag up and sometimes we want exactly 15v15 and we generally dont care about helping out with objectives”. So, I didn’t really get it backwards. You guys showed up to play your own game in our yard, not to play “with us.”

Being here is fine, as is not taking or defending objectives or wanting to only play with your own guildies. But its confusing as heck for most of the natives who dont keep track of server transfer politics, and not every guild is as accepting of pug-militia following them around as yours, and not every native will understand why the friendly zerg outside their keep has zero interest in helping them defend it.

Sure you should. They’re doing it to you, its only a matter of time before even you or those you play with get fed up with it as well to the point they will quit WvW or not play as much or the game altogether.

When that realization hits you you will have a choice to either submit and be one of those that quit / scale back etc. Or take matters into your own hands and do something about it. if your personality is the former, you may continue with your current line of thought and keep repeating all that “respect” BS to yourself even for people that have none for you. I however belong to the latter personality type and just can’t bring myself to do what you do.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

ades.1386

Readinga bout a lot of gvg, I think it would be great if there was a seperate gvg map that contributed to your teams color that week. I say teams color because I believe servers are an out dated system that need to be re worked.

The problem with that would then be youd have all your GvG guilds taking up server space, like in our recent past problems, you could have a full server but it would be totally dead in WvW.

Guild halls should help with some of the pressure for sure by allowing structured GvG fights, but personally Id much rather be out in the community fighting than hiding behind in some set map where no one notices anything.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

… They’re doing it to you, its only a matter of time before even you or those you play with get fed up with it as well to the point they will quit WvW or not play as much or the game altogether…

This is me right now in T3. I transferred up to get more people to play since I tend to play more mornings than evenings. And now prime time is all GvG guilds, which is fun sometimes, I follow them a bit and it’s sadly more rewarding than most WvWing. But it causes a few issues. The don’t attack or defend points, they can have 15 to 40 people on the map(more than one guild group generally) which can push us to the map cap but that’s true for our enemies, some groups do hit the “ppt” players and even farm them for easy bags, it can cause tag confusion, and they will never let T3 change. So if our server wanted to move up or down, it probably won’t happen.

And honestly I don’t really understand the appeal. It’s like, two groups run at each other and see which group dies, and then they regroup and do it again. It’s like kill farming. I get that their is skill involved, I’ve been running with a few guilds learning, but I still don’t really get it. Bags are cool I guess.

So now I wasted 300g+ to play with some people and my choices are: do it again, fork over 30 bucks or whatever it is or suck it up. And given the fact I was already iffy on the expansion, I’m leaning to “bleep it, see you guys when it’s on sale.”

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Had enough of PPT, as it’s all PvD and coverage still; just like it was 3 years ago now, yet people still swear by WvW competitively that way, because there’s nothing else for them to do. Even worse when they still PPT, only for more weeks boring SFR MUs.

I dislike the lag and profession balance when it comes to Roaming at least.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Dear T3.

Make use of the GvG guolds occupying the enemy, gather up a group as small as five, and flip stuff. Take advantage of your newly occupied enemies. It’s win-win for all. Don’t force anyone to play a certain way, have respect both ways, and before you know it, you have a cohesive team where everyone is happy.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Dear T3.

Make use of the GvG guolds occupying the enemy, gather up a group as small as five, and flip stuff. Take advantage of your newly occupied enemies. It’s win-win for all. Don’t force anyone to play a certain way, have respect both ways, and before you know it, you have a cohesive team where everyone is happy.

Yeah! Go PvDoor stuff and thangs.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

Pretty much why I transferred out of T3. Not that any of the guilds were mean, everyone was super cool. They just want to do their own thing. That’s cool. Play the game how you want. It is a game and that is what it is for. But to me it isn’t what I want in WvW. I know, sure I’m a scrub, but I like chaos. 3 servers trying to take SM all at once? Yes please! A guild camped in a tower all the walls down trying to defend it? More please!

I thought maybe it was time to go when we stopped trying to take anything upgraded. There is a guy with an arrow cart in there… Ok move on…

But I really knew it was time to go when I sat and watched servers take turns flipping sm. oh we all got here at the same time? Ok you take, in five minutes, we will try to take it from you, then after you loose or heal up, the next server will try!

Of course I am exaggerating because it entertains me, but as I said, I like the mess, and not knowing what the hell is going on. Not the, hey let’s get 20 people lined up in a field and run at 20 other people lined up in a field.

But if that is what you like and want some gvg give t3 a whack. As I said most the guilds I ran across at least on CD are recruiting and do seem to be very chill, just looking for guild fights..

Or be a lemming scrub like me and move to EB and follow whatever tag happens to be bouncing around. I wonder if they do the color coded thing on EB, maybe I should ask. Ah well I die really fast so I don’t mess up the guild runs for long.

in WvW

Posted by: Alteros.3019

Alteros.3019

Unfortunately no.

It’s not the repetitive maps, predictable strategies, or minimal rewards compared to PvE or even PvP that finally wore me out. In reality, the total lack of balance and stability in WvW has burned me out. After leaving a wasteland T8 server for allegedly greener pastures, I find myself in the same place…again.

I have been playing WvW for the better part of two years and I keep seeing the player base shrinking, condensing, and shifting in bulk from one server to the next leaving hollowed out servers in their wake. WvW is the only game I know of that has no balance built in and it’s gotten really, really old. There is no point in transferring again as today’s active server will become tomorrow’s ghost town.

I’m probably going to take a very long break from WvW, perhaps indefinitely. Furthermore, a new map with harder to cap stuff isn’t going to rekindle my interest until Anet permanently solves the population issue. And if that means shutting down all the servers to go to a EoTM style game mode, then it would just be the logical conclusion of where WvW is going to end up anyway at this rate.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’m fairly enjoying myself, though naturally not completely happy due to the myriad of troubles that plague the game mode with no easy answer in sight. I consistently find myself having fun with my server and guild mates, and the chat is usually enough to get me going. Found our own borderlands completely lost and had to take it back with some folks met quite a few decent people along the way.

Mostly hoping for the new maps and HoT to give some more things of interest. Granted, that’s sort of a thin hope; I will only be giving the expansion the go given enough positive feedback. Because buying it for moar PvE is lol no.

As for the GvG situation, I find the hyperbole a bit laughable. Sure, there’s elitists and rude groups that I’d rather want gone as using our backyard as a playground in the way of objectives is akin to leeching I’d say and they should really go somewhere else. It leaves us waiting for guild halls as they have no intent of playing wvw, but there’s plenty of folks willing to do wvw on their own accord, so as I suspected the stereotypes were exaggerated, but that’s typical of slander. And it’s not like we queue that many maps (especially on weekdays) so the queue space problem is a non-issue unless for some reason they’re stupid enough to have fights near keeps.

Funny how GvG’ers get blamed for the misfortunes so much when I usually see PPT obsessed people as displaying the most toxic behavior, feeling entitled that everyone on the map has to accede to their demands, and of course the whole stacking fiasco is pretty much caused by those as well who think winning coverage wars is indicative of any sort of value. If I have to pick between people that only stick to their own and mainly cause problems by taking up space vs people who don’t care if they destroy every other server around them to achieve whatever nonsensical short sighted plan of which they’d use every single method of cognitive dissonance to justify their behavior, well let’s just say I won’t shed a single tear when you get stuck manipulating another server’s score and can no longer play with your 25 close relatives that somehow just bought the game yesterday.

You’ll know when I’m no longer happy if my presence around these parts vanishes as I don’t usually like to voluntarily subject myself to activities that aren’t pleasurable. Well… typically.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

OP must have played at release, one of the very few who still play this game hoping for the best.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Puck.9612

… They’re doing it to you, its only a matter of time before even you or those you play with get fed up with it as well to the point they will quit WvW or not play as much or the game altogether…

This is me right now in T3. I transferred up to get more people to play since I tend to play more mornings than evenings. And now prime time is all GvG guilds, which is fun sometimes, I follow them a bit and it’s sadly more rewarding than most WvWing. But it causes a few issues. The don’t attack or defend points, they can have 15 to 40 people on the map(more than one guild group generally) which can push us to the map cap but that’s true for our enemies, some groups do hit the “ppt” players and even farm them for easy bags, it can cause tag confusion, and they will never let T3 change. So if our server wanted to move up or down, it probably won’t happen.

And honestly I don’t really understand the appeal. It’s like, two groups run at each other and see which group dies, and then they regroup and do it again. It’s like kill farming. I get that their is skill involved, I’ve been running with a few guilds learning, but I still don’t really get it. Bags are cool I guess.

So now I wasted 300g+ to play with some people and my choices are: do it again, fork over 30 bucks or whatever it is or suck it up. And given the fact I was already iffy on the expansion, I’m leaning to “bleep it, see you guys when it’s on sale.”

Yeah it’s totally crazy to think some people might prefer to fight each other in a PvP game mode instead of attacking doors to “win” WvW.

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

Yeah it’s totally crazy to think some people might prefer to fight each other in a PvP game mode instead of attacking doors to “win” WvW.

But it isnt just the doors they arent attacking. And ive seen this situation play out again and again, so it isnt isolated.

First group is hiding in a tower/fort. Second group comes and knocks down a door or two. First group balls up in tower. Second group backs off and jumps up and down emoting. First group jumps and down emoting. Second group goes i wish these guys would fight us in a open field lets go. Second group leaves. It isnt even a case of siege none was down.

I get these guilds are aiming for fair gvg battles and if that is what they enjoy, great. But dont act like they are just looking for a fight either.

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

The funny thing is, I came back to GW2 after abandoning GW1 due to RL issues with the highest oh hopes, hoping to find a game that would be like DAOC and GW1 combined. It kind of is that way, but it fuses mainly the so-so ideas or shows new bad parts like no holdable souvereignity while keeping some key ideas from DAOC like the 3 realm battle, and finally adds a portion or other good ideas like no Buff Bots to make a good game, but with so much untapped potential like the meaningful claiming of keeps by guilds that it hurts sometimes.

DAOC even send you a message in the chat when your tower was under siege, and there was no such nonsense as a weekly reshuffle because there were no servers in that way, just always a single server where 3 factions battled.

Add an area where people can defend their! land, their! tower and their! realm with an ingame chronicle how the realms changed which is written by selected volunteers.
Add a board where guilds can write down a few sentences what they are, what they do and a counter how long they held on to what.
Add a few unique skins, weapons etc who show that you are a proud member of the guild that grimly holds the Forsaken Waste Tower X in a really hostile spot.
Keep the guild member limit to avoid a situation like in Eve where souvereignity turned into a joke that is divided into 2 main powers and penalize people for creating satellite states.

I am pretty sure that Anet would not manage to handle all the people that would get washed ashore on their glades easily.

in WvW

Puck.9612

But it isnt just the doors they arent attacking. And ive seen this situation play out again and again, so it isnt isolated.

First group is hiding in a tower/fort. Second group comes and knocks down a door or two. First group balls up in tower. Second group backs off and jumps up and down emoting. First group jumps and down emoting. Second group goes i wish these guys would fight us in a open field lets go. Second group leaves. It isnt even a case of siege none was down.

I get these guilds are aiming for fair gvg battles and if that is what they enjoy, great. But dont act like they are just looking for a fight either.

Sounds like they didn’t want to push a bad choke, which is smart since the stability change makes that an even worse disadvantage then before.

Anyway what’s your point? T3 is locked for the time being, winning or losing in PPT isn’t going to bump anyone out of that tier. It makes absolutely no difference.

Let the GvG’ers have fun in their own way, if you want to cap something then go cap something.

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

Totally. Been playing since headstart on HoD and love every minute of it, even when it gets a bit quirky for a week (looking at you golem madness).

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

Sounds like they didn’t want to push a bad choke, which is smart since the stability change makes that an even worse disadvantage then before.

Anyway what’s your point? T3 is locked for the time being, winning or losing in PPT isn’t going to bump anyone out of that tier. It makes absolutely no difference.

Let the GvG’ers have fun in their own way, if you want to cap something then go cap something.

Im all for them having fun how they want. Which is why i moved servers. So i can play how i want. My point was more directed at your snarky remark. Yeah it is crazy to think that people might want to pvp instead of attacking doors.

When really your snarky comment should have been it is crazy to think some people might want to pvp with others, when they have the right amount of players, they have the right compisition, they have the right food equiped, they are in an open field, the third server has said they will stand out,and no pugs are nearby. Then play the game mode the way it was designed.

Like i said ,more power to them. If they can carve out a tier for themselves go to it. Who wouldnt love to have a tier play the way they want. I just thought your comment was kinda funny.

in WvW

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I have an okay time in WvW, but its not as fun as a few years back when everyone was excited. Now, I see so many people just dueling and a few blobs or larger groups, but it has lost its lust in the community. I wish they could do something to combat coverage wars, but A-Net doesn’t seem to care much… sadly… Now, I hop in do some dailies, roam a little, and very occasionally try some of the larger fights, but they are all boring when you aren’t in a guild and even still not that great. I think that WvW is on life support, and without any changes will continue to shrink. And no I’m not asking for another golem rush event, these things can be fun, but unless the main problems with WvW are addressed, then the game mode will not progress and will slowly die.

I miss points mattering to the community. Now, there is no competition outside T1. (although I haven’t been in T1 for a while, so maybe that has changed as well) Points are a joke with coverage playing such an important role. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

I should mention, that I still enjoy the rest of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Fight Yaks Bend in it’s current iteration is too much to bare.

Mid fields siege, tower/keep camping, spawn camping and blobbing everywhere. 5 people trying to re-cap a keep get blobbed by 40…. no words.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: Nyaniel.7340

Nyaniel.7340

T1:
• Blobs
• Lag
• Siege humping
• Ktrains

Conclusion: ded gaem

[Envy] Envy

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

"
^^

Sure you should. They’re doing it to you, its only a matter of time before even you or those you play with get fed up with it as well to the point they will quit WvW or not play as much or the game altogether.

When that realization hits you you will have a choice to either submit and be one of those that quit / scale back etc. Or take matters into your own hands and do something about it. if your personality is the former, you may continue with your current line of thought and keep repeating all that “respect” BS to yourself even for people that have none for you. I however belong to the latter personality type and just can’t bring myself to do what you do.

That’s pretty ignorant, you’re missing the difference between actively griefing a group of people and telling people not to follow you. One means you go out of your way to intentionally grief a group of players, the other is to try and do your own thing with your own guild, they are two very different things and it’s sad you can’t see that.

Now as far as the GvG guilds, I don’t buy the whole “to get away from blobs” mentality, 3/4 of GvG guild ARE blobs, this isn’t the old days, the majority run 30+ which is disgraceful and an embarrassment. I’m also assuming you’re all still “GvG’ing” between SW & SE tower, go back to the windmill that is out of the way. You can’t blame the players that don’t understand for jumping in when you’re fighting in high traffic areas, whoever started the S bridge fight area is kittenhit.

Summary:

Griefing GvG guilds intentionally doesn’t help, it makes things worse because they then grief others, many of whom don’t deserve it.

GvG guilds, grow a pair and cut you’re numbers back to an acceptable level 30-40 nightly is a joke and you ARE the reason GvG has become a laughing stock. You have become the blob guilds.

Move GvG fights to windmill or expect and accept AJ’s.

(edited by Random.4691)

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Mid fields siege, tower/keep camping, spawn camping and blobbing everywhere. 5 people trying to re-cap a keep get blobbed by 40…. no words.

I do not see a ligitimate complaint any where in this post. Are you suggesting that there is a problem simply because your losing? Or is the complaint that the tactics you are losing to are a problem? If the tactics are an issue, that is your problem, as I see it, not an issue with the game.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

I do not see a ligitimate complaint any where in this post. Are you suggesting that there is a problem simply because your losing? Or is the complaint that the tactics you are losing to are a problem? If the tactics are an issue, that is your problem, as I see it, not an issue with the game.

Considering the point of above tactics is to destroy your opponents will to fight, it is an indication of a degree of success.

Of course, I fail to see the business benefit to ANET of having players quit playing the game.

I am curious what exact tactic can be employed where five players can defeat or accomplish much of anything against forty? Such a tactic sounds overpowered to me.

If the game is causing someone that level of frustration, perhaps that person should go see the new Fantastic Four movie. It sounds like a better entertainment experience than the one described above.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Complaining about the state of T2 at the moment is completely legitimate, Yaks is disgustingly stacked.

This situation is exactly why they changed the server statuses to reflect the WvW population. It helps keep the kittenty players from gaming the system and ruining WvW for everyone else. Unfortunately for T2 players the change came pretty late and they are stuck with the option of suffering through a crappy match up or transferring down.

in WvW

Posted by: rhejeckt.5791

rhejeckt.5791

Nothing new under the sun. Was it fair when there were 4 T2 servers all stacked? The 2 T3 servers that took the brunt of that mess had the same choice-stick it out or transfer. Blobbing, spawn camping, etc, etc, were a daily occurrence for almost 4 months. The only difference was that they could transfer up or down. Now that all but 2 of the higher tiers are closed, most will transfer down. It’s the same animal-just players shuffled around. IMO, the change is a good idea even though, it came late for the server that I called home. Some would blame ANET. I think it is all the fault of the player base & ANET is trying to remedy the situation. Doesn’t matter if anyone agrees with me or not-I’m allowed to post my feeling like everyone else.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

eotm is a great map, different from the rest which is nice, there are always big fights happening at eotm, but at the end of the day it’s about karma farming and not winning fights(that’s the downside to eotm your guild certainly does’t win anything from eotm, not even bragging rights). I also see no contradiction in my statement because it’s been how long since a different server has fought another? This is no longer wvw but a weekly grind with the same people, the wvw aspect is gone. You obviously weren’t around during the awesomeness that was playing against a new server every week, where wvw didn’t feel like a grind.

Anywho disagree with my idea all you want, are you currently happy with wvw? That was the main point of this thread. Because i’m not, I want to be put against different people, and I would like to see the wvw servers stay busy besides peak hours on the weekends.

I’m confused. Are you asking about eotm or regular wvw? Eotm is a completely different beast, as it is mostly karma trains and lowbies leveling up quick, whereas wvw is actual battles between servers for points on the map.

I have gotten bored with wvw, as well as the rest of the game lately. There just isn’t much point or rewards in wvw to make it interesting. I liked someone’s suggestion here about having something like darkness falls in DaoC…..that would give more reasons to fight. Just seems to me that Anet has just ignored wvw over the last year or so……and wvw has suffered because of that.

Ah well, I plan on taking an extended break and coming back after HoT is released…..maybe there will be some worthwhile additions to wvw and the game in general after that expansion.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-