Is it possible to reset WvW Ability Points?

in WvW

Posted by: Scurrilous.7283

Scurrilous.7283

Hello,

So I recently returned from an extended break and been getting back into WvW but have noticed my ability points are applied terribly. Is it possible to reset these so i can get abilities that are useful to me?

Thanks in advance for replies.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

No.

Make sure you join a guild if you are not in one and pickup the wvw rank exp buff and use your birthday boosters. Shouldn’t have too much problem zipping up the ranks. 115 well spent points will get you max catapult mastery, max guard killer and rank 3 ram mastery.

Guard killer should of course be first maxed and probably ram 3 second. Catapult mastery third but it’s mostly about that shield bubble which is max line unfortunately. Many will say supply capacity first but it’s such a hog and a drop in the bucket when you run with 6+ players.

in WvW

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Sadly, no.

They use to be reset for us (on all characters) on certain occasions, but that hasn’t happened for a long time. But, from the looks of the wiki, we can eventually get enough WvW rank points to fill in everything, though it will take a long time. So like the mastery system, there isn’t any point to resetting them since you can eventually fill everything out.

How you distribute your points is a per-character basis. Each character has the same amount of points but can distribute them how you see fit. Your options are to keep playing to earn more rank points for what you need them for, or use a character that hasn’t distributed the points yet and put the points into the things you need.

It would be nice if they could give us a reset button so we can redistribute our points, but the button goes away if you’ve maxed your WvW rank and earned all points.

There’s something charming about rangers.

in WvW

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Why would you max out guard killer first? Just wondering.

I always go for provision master/auto-looting first and then go from there. Trying to max out supply capacity but it takes a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The last part of the guard attack/defense line used to give guard stacks which were basically bonuses to stats for killing guards up to 5. Since they gave an advantage in battle, they were pretty desirable. That was removed and now it’s sorta whatever.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Guard killer used to be maxed when it gave you extra vitality/ damage upon killing camp guards, no reason to take it now that it’s removed though, I’d go for Provisions master, supply master, build master and repair master first, covers most of the wvw tasks in a regular day and you can go for supply capacity afterwards.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: akhilesh.9147

akhilesh.9147

Provisions master and Siege bunker need to be maxed out first. You can choose whatever else after those.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Provisions master and Siege bunker need to be maxed out first. You can choose whatever else after those.

siege bunker siege damage and provision master up to all but the last rank are absolute top priority. after that i suggest supply master.

from there it depends bunker characters usually go with ram then cata glassy builds go AC then cata

then shield gen is kinda sexy

after that go treb/mortar/cannons everything after that is extra.

in WvW

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Hello,

So I recently returned from an extended break and been getting back into WvW but have noticed my ability points are applied terribly. Is it possible to reset these so i can get abilities that are useful to me?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Chances are that they will reset the skills in the next expansion, as happended before in the WvW leagues and Hot.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The reason you max guard killer first is 20% increased dmg to all NPCs, including Lords AND 50% endurance on kill. Not to mention it’s cheap. Ram 3 and max catapult actually add benefit upfront, those other lines are mainly convenience.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The first skill to pick up now is Provisions Master IMO. Some of the sigils and runes in that line are fantastic. After that Repair Master 4, Build Master 4, Flame Master 3, Supply Master 5, AC Master 4, Cat Master 5, Treb Master 2. Everything after that is second tier.

Play long enough and you will have a few thousand extra points to spare.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Provisions master – Auto loot.
Supply mastery – Recover supply.
Siege bunker – Survive a little longer under siege fire.
Build master – build siege faster under fire.

Repair mastery isn’t as important to me cause most times you’re repairing it’s when there’s no enemies around, so basically a time saver, but it’s cheap.

Most of the siege mastery you can leave for last unless you’re running with a group that requires one like most havoc it would be nice to have cata or ram mastery, if you’re playing defense some points into ac and treb 3 mastery helps. If you’re running with a zerg most of that is easily covered anyways.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I would go supply master first (ignore the last level). The swiftness and supply recycle help a lot with helping out and it doesn’t cost many points.

Provision master is of course good; grab the first 3 tiers asap.

Then, I’d grab the first 2 tiers of siege bunker and guard attack/defense. Just makes life easier to solo places.

I’d then invest a little into build master. First level makes a big difference, 2nd a little less.

After that, start working more on finishing provisoner and siege bunker. Then I’d start looking at Ram/Catapult mastery, although note these things are sorta all or nothing. If you don’t have full mastery, you’re better off giving it to someone else— the exception is if you are doing things solo or in a small group.

Of course, once you get all these, you might want to sink a little more into build mastery and supply capacity, but the later is pretty expensive and you want to do that over time. It’s good though.

Most of the other siege weapon masteries are sorta nice to have, but you don’t really need them. I rarely use them anyways (I fire a treb once a month). For those, just pick your favorite one that you actually use and max it out.

Oh, and skip the mercenary one until you run out of things to do.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

For the ability points the only one that is a must is Provisioner as that enables auto loot. The rest really depend on what role you play. If you are a solo roamer, havoc team member or zerg scout having guard killer and guard defense maxed allow you to more easily take a camp and keep the guards off the other few using the siege. If you are a zerg member then siege bunker and siege master along with build mastery help out the zerg more than the guard defense/killer.

As some have said it also depends on the class. Heavy armor tend to be the ones wanted on rams and kitteno having those maxed will help while lighter armors are better off using arrow carts, trebuchets and catapults.

Another thing to do is to save the points so that when you find yourself, for example, deciding between catapult or ram and you haven’t started either line yet, wait. When you find yourself needing to use one or the other, then you can put points in the appropriate line.