Is it possible......

Is it possible......

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

Q:

…That Kaineng will skip Tier 3 altogether and go into Tier 2?

SBI will fall from T2 next week. Their rating has plummeted below that of the lowest Tier 3 server. The ratings are close that depending on who holds the rating one of us in Tier 3 can go into Tier 2…

….but since Kaineng is dominating a Tier of Abandoned servers. Would the rating system possibly allow (as Kaineng will get a higher rating than any of us at Tier 3 since we actually are having a REAL WvW match) to pass an entire Tier on ratings alone?

Unless programmed into the system, the answer might be yes to how the logic of the program works, but in rational and morality. Is it earned or right to consider a server legitimate by rating alone in its circumstance and condition to skip an entire tier?

If possible, I am looking for an answer to this from Anet.

Is it possible......

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

ofcourse it’s possible

Is it possible......

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Say thanks to Ioj who just completely unbalance T3 and T4 when lot of their guilds left their server and reinforce FA not to fall T4 where they belonged to. Then snowball effect some major CD guilds transfered to Kaineng where huge guilds were already. So now Ioj sore loosers players that transfered made that all happen.
That lead any wvw involving ioj is a 1vs1 until it will reach T8 making large points per tic for the strongest of the two other servers. And CD is more T5 now same thing happens. In conclusion Kaineng WILL go from T4 to T2 and even has a chance for T1 depending on overal results of the T1 matchup. For sure they will be AT LEAST blue (second rank) T2. SBI ranking will lead them T4 and T3 will remain the same for verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time.
Boomerang effect.

Is it possible......

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Say thanks to Ioj who just completely unbalance T3 and T4 when lot of their guilds left their server and reinforce FA not to fall T4 where they belonged to. Then snowball effect some major CD guilds transfered to Kaineng where huge guilds were already. So now Ioj sore loosers players that transfered made that all happen.
That lead any wvw involving ioj is a 1vs1 until it will reach T8 making large points per tic for the strongest of the two other servers. And CD is more T5 now same thing happens. In conclusion Kaineng WILL go from T4 to T2 and even has a chance for T1 depending on overal results of the T1 matchup. For sure they will be AT LEAST blue (second rank) T2. SBI ranking will lead them T4 and T3 will remain the same for verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time.
Boomerang effect.

Keep in mind there are 4 T1 servers basically.

SoS, SoR, BG, JQ.

All I’ve heard about Kaineng is… [WM] and band wagon city.

Sounds exactly like Maguuma, and look what is happening to them..

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

Is it possible......

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Well I know Kaineng has coverage AND veteran wvw player base. That’s all to say about it.

Is it possible......

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

This wasn’t to belittle Kaineng as they were my first home. IoJ was my second home.

While guesting is a PvEr’s wet dream in being able to PvE run anywhere in their server region, it left WvW in the rain. Many felt they wanted to maximize the money they spent on this game by having the best of both worlds. This being to WvW in servers that care about WvW and PvE anywhere that seems fit.

Now the PvE players get a higher PvE presence in their worlds and guests to talk to, while WvW players in WvW oriented servers get more friends to play with.

As far as IoJ goes, for a long time PvErs used the idea that they didn’t need to get involved in WvW or care for it. Even so, there was a population that wanted to play WvW. Over a period of months we found that we had to rely on each other. We started actually doing a lot of personal conversations through Teamspeak, forums, whispers. In fact, as our numbers started to shrink we saw a predictability. Almost every night it was like punching into a time clock. We would see each other, talk to each other and try to work together the day (or night’s) current set of problems….

….all while the good PvErs of IoJ forgot that us WvWers also do some PvE and Dungeon Runs, those who forgot that they benefited from our WvW bonuses too. Who needs to WvW when IoJ already is favored by Reddit?

The guilds got to know each other at much deeper levels in a mass effect that when we made the choice to leave IoJ for FA, for the most part, we left together. We left together because we wanted the familiarity, skill and experience as well as each other’s company. We didn’t transfer to a T2 or T1 server. We transferred to a server that had a similar situation in the same tier as well.

We did all we could and more for IoJ and when the going got really tough, we each would spend one to two hours beyond our raid times to try to give the server extra life, at the end of the day when appealing to players in Lions Arch for help, we were not just given the cold shoulder, it became one of those “how dare you” arguments.

I love PvE, WvW and Dungeon Crawling, but the greatest statement I saw from IoJ, from us was in showing that we deserved each other on a far greater level than IoJ deserved us outright in the end. A server that does not support those who fight for its improvement does not deserve any consideration whatsoever. Even so, we are still kind to ask friends at IoJ how the server is holding up, because to many of us it was our home for a long time and we still care even though a lot of them do not care for us or know that we exist.

We are not the only server that had guilds leaving and I can imagine after Maguma and Kaineng decimated their tiers that more guilds left those servers into the tiers they believed they deserved to be in.

If Kaineng makes it to Tier 2, that also would mean that SBI will drop from Tier 2 to Tier 4 because it has lower rating points than any of the Tier 3 servers.

As far as all of these server transfers and guild transfers go, like anet said “Time to pick a home world because free transfers are coming to an end” and that lead to all of this among many other events.

I, for one have enjoyed the FA I’ve encountered so far as well as playing with our transferred IoJ crew. We don’t have to spend extra hours on the field and we don’t have to get borderline into personal attrition and sacrifice. In short we have far greater balance within ourselves, our lives and our guilds. To me, as long as people are in high spirits, that is important.

Shatter their spirits intentionally, and that is one of the very few things that triggers my wrath and anger upon others in both, gaming and in the real world.

As far as this thread goes, I received four answers though I truly wanted Arenanet to respond because even though some of you may be right, I would prefer a much more technical answer from the developer.

Thank you for replying to me though. I really appreciate it.

Is it possible......

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

The answer is yes, and if things keep up this way they will.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

Is it possible......

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Keep in mind there are 4 T1 servers basically.

SoS, SoR, BG, JQ.

All I’ve heard about Kaineng is… [WM] and band wagon city.

Sounds exactly like Maguuma, and look what is happening to them..

What’s happening to us?

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]