Is something new to enginners?

in WvW

Posted by: ScavengerOfSorrow.8431

ScavengerOfSorrow.8431

Q:

I am not really sure that this is a bug so thats why im asking this as a question..i was on wvw the other day and got into a fight with an enemy engineer..before even realising whats happening the engi threw some kind of bomb at me and got me into downed state..you could say im squishy but no..i might be a thief but im not a squishy one also after a few secs the same happend to a fellow guardian that was fighting on my side..i dont really get how is it possible to 1hit someone doing more than 16k of damage…so is this a bug or is it just a buffed version of engineer with somekind of new skill?

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

A:

I am not really sure that this is a bug so thats why im asking this as a question..i was on wvw the other day and got into a fight with an enemy engineer..before even realising whats happening the engi threw some kind of bomb at me and got me into downed state..you could say im squishy but no..i might be a thief but im not a squishy one also after a few secs the same happend to a fellow guardian that was fighting on my side..i dont really get how is it possible to 1hit someone doing more than 16k of damage…so is this a bug or is it just a buffed version of engineer with somekind of new skill?

It wasnt one hit kill, it was most likely a burst 100 nades like attack, I can do a lot of damage in close range to thieves and other classes with lower armour with my grenade barrage if it crits and all grenades hit

You probably missed the attacks he threw, I would assume he did a few in a short time using elixirs which give quickness

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Could have been running 100nades build which is known to do that. Were you pulled into him first?

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: ScavengerOfSorrow.8431

ScavengerOfSorrow.8431

yes i was pulled at him first…thank you for the info i guess i have to study more engineers cause i dont know much about them now…know your enemy they say

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I don’t even have damage spec on my eng (either knights or soldiers with HGH might stacking) and one time I took out 1/3-1/4 of a thief’s health with nade barrage.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

100 Nade Engineers can have some pretty massive burst on a target. Although Kit Refinement (the trait that allows Engineers to have another instant Grenade Barrage) was nerfed in the recent patch and now has a ICD so it requires a bit more micro management.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

100 Nade Engineers can have some pretty massive burst on a target. Although Kit Refinement (the trait that allows Engineers to have another instant Grenade Barrage) was nerfed in the recent patch and now has a ICD so it requires a bit more micro management.

One of the few micro managements that have a sensible cost-benefit ratio to be honest.
Actually I expect this to be nerfed soon, since engineers are supposed to have a high cost for their versatility, which usually means no benefit (or even punishment) when mastering it. x_x

Pannonica
Red Guard

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Could have been flamethrower ‘2’ skill, friend of mine does 14k burst damage with it. When we run together, we usually kill people just with our ‘2’ ;D. If you press f3 too, you can do 16k damage in 2-3s = dead thief or guardian.

This is a full zerker build, but hilarious.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU