…Is that it? Really?

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/September_2014_Feature_Pack#Commander

scroll down to the WvW section. Am I the only one that thinks there should be more after years of waiting? I mean, there are still rampant bug abusers, but I guess all of that will go away now that we have pink commander tags and an extra 15% toughness for omega golems -_- … Woo hoo!

In all seriousness, I’m glad that they are doing SOMETHING, but in all honesty I do not believe this is nearly enough. The top of the page says it is subject to change… I really hope they make a lot of changes to the WvW section.

[varX] Limitless Potential

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

What is listed on the wiki is what has been confirmed by new outlets and the like.

Who can say if that list will be the all of the changes that will come for WvW.
The “Competitive Week” preview of the September feature pack will be coming this week, so we should probably reserve our judgement for a little longer.

Just to speculate, the August 19th blog post is titled “Tricks and Explosive Finales”.
They have confirmed that the Siege Disabler is a new trick, but what about the explosive?

If this is the extent of the changes, I’ll be right next to you with my pitchfork, but for now we should wait.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

In all seriousness, I’m glad that they are doing SOMETHING

I’m not. These changes are terrible. How did they manage to screw up something as simple as colored commander tags? Who thought omega golems needed to be more powerful?

The only one that might have an interesting effect on WvW is the siege disable trap, but this is the perfect example of why there should be a test server. Introducing it to the live game with no discussion or any kind of real testing is a sloppy and terrible idea because anet is so out of touch with wvw that we can’t trust them to remove it if it causes problems.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

PvE = LW Gem Store = Profit
PvP = E-Sports = Profit (I suppose through sponsors)
WvW = Dead End, and we will be lucky to see any major changes to this game mode before the game is long dead.

Even the tags have now become a huge gold sink, not badges because gems to badges and badges to gems will never happen due to the abundance of badges. The only way we will get ANY real attention is is they make gem store only items exclusively for WvW.

In summary: If you want more attention given to WvW then come up with a way that (without power creep) you can make ANet any money. Any pipe dream that you may wish for will sadly never come to pass until this happens.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Cant please some people.

You give them an update and they still cry about it!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Cant please some people.

And we should be thanking them? Lets look at what they’ve given us so far.

1) Golem Mastery : More encouragement for blobbing keeps.

2) Siege Disabler Trick: Realistically, it’s going to be used most efficiently by the larger offensive force to disable interior counter siege while keeping aoe suppression on walls to protect their ranged siege; catapults and omegas. Not to mention this will severely hurt havoc groups since they wont have the supply to build multiple pieces of siege to handle theirs being disabled.

3) Commander Tag Changes: Commanders in WvW typically dont have a lot of gold to throw around after their done buying siege or the mats to upgrade siege. So when you up the price for a tag to 300g and add in the fact that you have to pay 300g for each tag — just to have a feature to make multi commander coordination more effective — you are just needlessly hampering potential new commanders or the ones without massive blob followers.

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

They’re charging us 1200 gold to have this update. There isn’t a WvW player in the game that has a casual 1200 gold sitting aside that he/she earned from playing WvW.

This update is being sold on the gem store for roughly $175.

Ain’t nothing being given here.

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

scroll down to the WvW section. Am I the only one that thinks there should be more after years of waiting? I mean, there are still rampant bug abusers, but I guess all of that will go away now that we have pink commander tags and an extra 15% toughness for omega golems -_- … Woo hoo!

In all seriousness, I’m glad that they are doing SOMETHING, but in all honesty I do not believe this is nearly enough. The top of the page says it is subject to change… I really hope they make a lot of changes to the WvW section.

I think week 2 has the most potential for addressing actual issues and week 1 is more new features/QoL improvements.
Though I’m gonna remain pessimistic

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

‘Aside from the current blue, three new colors will be introduced which have to be purchased separately (also for 300g each)’

Oh wow Anet GG, like WvW rewards will ever pay for this.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

(edited by MarkusParkus.8467)

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Brutal, pay attention, the feature pack blog posts just started.

Reading is essential. You should try it.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Cant please some people.

"Give"…"give"? I LOL’d at this. You do realize that The majority of this update is not “given” to anyone, it will in fact have to be BOUGHT for gold, or worse…irl money.

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal, pay attention, the feature pack blog posts just started.

Reading is essential. You should try it.

Oh look, a troll^^^
and a very poorly educated one at that,
You do realize that the WvW blogs aren’t even out yet, right? The blogs you would have us read are not even going to be available for another two days -_-… Do you even think before posting, or were you genuinely just trying to troll me?

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

I think week 2 has the most potential for addressing actual issues and week 1 is more new features/QoL improvements.
Though I’m gonna remain pessimistic

If they have something better, I’m not sure why they didn’t open with it. Especially after toting this as a WvW/PvP update.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Oh look, a troll^^^
You do realize that the WvW blogs aren’t even out yet, right? The blogs you would have us read are not even going to be available for another two days -_-… Do you even think before posting, or were you genuinely just trying to troll me?

That whoosh you hear is reading comprehension.

You have no data to support your OP which complains about lack of actual WvW updates in the feature pack. Oh wait, they haven’t even announced any WvW updates yet.

Hmmmm, as I stated before, wait and see then complain.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Oh look, a troll^^^

You have no data to support your OP which complains about lack of actual WvW updates in the feature pack. Oh wait, they haven’t even announced any WvW updates yet.

No data? How about clicking the link at the top of the post…
if that wasn’t enough, here, have some press conferences…since you like to read so much….theres even video footage of the conference taking place.
http://www.guildmag.com/preview-september-2014-feature-pack/
oh but wait, “they haven’t even announced any WvW updates” according to you >.>

they haven’t even announced any WvW updates yet.

I think it should be completely obvious who is misinformed here by now…gg dude.
Now please go do something constructive instead of continually trolling me about things you obviously know nothing about

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Oh look! The WvW blog is up, and the white knight fanbois are slowly fading away.

Next up for WvW? Command the Rainbow! (and we already know those details too).

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Haha, I can’t wait to see WvW crash and burn. Seriously. What this game needs is a shock therapy to wake ANet up from their drunk coma. Even the PvEers are up in arms right now about SAB, precursors, etc.

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

Hey guys what was that about holding judging til the blog posts came out?

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

So the magic 8 ball says outlook not so good.

They still have 1 more blog post to impress the WvW players out there….Lets see if they manage to pull a blog out of thin air that will address the major concerns out there or if this is the most fluff to stuff anet’s had since the manifesto.

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Ok first off holding judgements for the post is a invalid point. In 3 years a net should have been able to make a meaningful update to wvw in that time. Work doesn’t count cause it’s not really wvw. The fact is they don’t really care. Anet is willing to be complacent because they have the best game on the market. That is a very sad truth. To make a game and have to practically no meaningful content in 3 years for any branch of game play is something Anet should be ashamed of. Weather or not they have the best game they should always strive to make it better. This could have been the true successor to wow and been the standard that all game strive to but instead Anet decided to sit back and be complacent and stuff their pockets. Rather than be know as the company that created the greatest mmo of a generation they will be remembered for the failure of not being able to capitalize on what could have been

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

PvE = LW Gem Store

I don’t get this, why would PvE’rs spend more in the gem store then WvW’rs?
We like sweet skins.
We like finishers.
We also happen to transfer servers, which the other two groups don’t.

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

Lawl. Is it fine to open up the flood gates now?

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Cant please some people.

"Give"…"give"? I LOL’d at this. You do realize that The majority of this update is not “given” to anyone, it will in fact have to be BOUGHT for gold, or worse…irl money.

Might I suggest people read up on my posts which are actually still on the forums and realise that I was being sarcastic. Thank you and praise Anet!

Also 2 days of features for PvP and WvW left, and 1 of those days is about coloured commander tags.

So yes, this really is it!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

PvE = LW Gem Store

I don’t get this, why would PvE’rs spend more in the gem store then WvW’rs?
We like sweet skins.
We like finishers.
We also happen to transfer servers, which the other two groups don’t.

Yes we all like sweet skins, however I still see many more WvWers (not eotm) players that are still wearing the basic exotics than I see people in Orr with legendaries. Due to the fact that badges are easier to get and the loot in regular WvW is generally sub-par to PvE.

Finishers I will give you but I after most players buy one, they usually don’t bother with another. And I still see many using the default in WvW for reasons previously mentioned.

Transferring servers is generally done by the larger guilds before tournaments (some times paid for) so as to “stack the deck” and those guilds usually take up a collection from PvEers and others to help with the cost.

Edit: before I got into WvW myself I transferred servers a couple times due to empty areas (pre-mega server), so PvEers also transfer for their own reasons.

All the points you made, although having merit, still don’t disprove the fact that if WvW was as profitable to ANet why don’t we see as much dev love as the other two areas. Updates and patches draw the crowds, and most of those new and returning players arn’t coming for the same old WvW, just saying.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Cant please some people.

Might I suggest people read up on my posts which are actually still on the forums and realise that I was being sarcastic. Thank you and praise Anet!

Also 2 days of features for PvP and WvW left, and 1 of those days is about coloured commander tags.

So yes, this really is it!

my apologies, I will be the first to admit that I fly off the handle sometimes when I even slightly feel that I am being trolled, you can see this first hand above in my previous couple of posts in this thread… I still however will not look into anyone’s posting history. “Ain’t nobody got time fa dat”.

…Is that it? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

If you have seen the video interview the Anet rep gave at the games convention in Europe you already know what the commander tag and siege disabler trick is all about. Why wait for some blog since we already know how we dont like it!