Is the upcoming patch affecting your server?

in WvW

Posted by: Arthxaiz.5947

Arthxaiz.5947

I’m very curious to hear how the upcoming WvW changes is effecting everyone’s server? Good or Bad?

On mine people are transferring to others in masses.

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

We had a mass exodus about a week ago, before this info was public. So, all in all, it hasn’t affected us yet. We’ll have to see what happens as 10/4 approaches.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

It’s gonna be bad for everyone.
Overpopulated servers get even more populated, don’t have anyone to fight and stay at 500+PPT the whole week
Underpopulated loose more people and can’t go out without 50 people camping their spawn

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.3618

Albane.3618

I’m very curious to hear how the upcoming WvW changes is effecting everyone’s server? Good or Bad?

Can’t imagine why people would want to give ANet any more money. If it means anything, Maguuma has coined the term “Orbageddon” for the upcoming Borderland changes. Bye bye player communities and GVG, and hello to skill lag, long queues, and mindless zerging.

Well, I think it’s safe to say this is the end of the road for many. ANet is mucking this game up way too much for it to be enjoyable. What was once a revolving door when it came to endgame is suddenly becoming a one-way exit.

Ledarius

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Its like they are trying to force everyone to transfer to stacked servers. Both the matchup League and this orb madness are making wvw worse. Yes it was getting stale, but ruining it isn’t going to make it less stale.

Maybe if anet designers that work on wvw actually played wvw they would know why this is crazy.

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I’m considering moving to a new server. My current server’s rank means it will be guaranteed not to finish in the top three of either NA league. The knowledge that simply by being on the wrong server I will be missing out on rewards and loot is very disheartening to me. I don’t see WvW as balanced or competitive enough to justify giving out rewards for people who stack on servers with better coverage – this is something they should never do in such an imbalanced competition which ideally wants to encourage players spreading across servers not stacking on the same ones.

I’m personally sick of the tier one meta but with the new changes to the Bloodlust mechanic emphasising the need to have coverage on multiple maps and rewards for stacking on one server (lower rank servers will likely see far less relevance with this mechanic due to an inability to competitively compete for multiple points on three different maps) in addition to the fact that all servers in a league will play each other, so uber stacked servers will play against rank 12 servers leading to several weeks of guaranteed blowouts. This whole thing is a disaster and the wrong direction for the format. I was hoping the devs would actively design more content to encourage players to spread across servers but everything they have done and are doing in the last year seems to make higher ranked servers snowball in desirability. They are moving in a direction which further favours server stacking, not one which equalises the experience for all servers.

If you’re in NA and not on SoR or BG now, it’s probably time to consider transferring there. If not, you will likely get stomped over the next few weeks and have close to zero chance of getting good league rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I wont be playing WvW anymore, thats how the servers are going to be effected.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Can’t imagine why people would want to give ANet any more money. If it means anything, Maguuma has coined the term “Orbageddon” for the upcoming Borderland changes. Bye bye player communities and GVG, and hello to skill lag, long queues, and mindless zerging.

Well, I think it’s safe to say this is the end of the road for many. ANet is mucking this game up way too much for it to be enjoyable. What was once a revolving door when it came to endgame is suddenly becoming a one-way exit.

We did not coin the term, I stole it from the GvG scene

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

It has effected our server, in that more people are waiting for ESO.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’m considering moving to a new server. My current server’s rank means it will be guaranteed not to finish in the top three of either NA league. The knowledge that simply by being on the wrong server I will be missing out on rewards and loot is very disheartening to me. I don’t see WvW as balanced or competitive enough to justify giving out rewards for people who stack on servers with better coverage – this is something they should never do in such an imbalanced competition which ideally wants to encourage players spreading across servers not stacking on the same ones.

I’m personally sick of the tier one meta but with the new changes to the Bloodlust mechanic emphasising the need to have coverage on multiple maps and rewards for stacking on one server (lower rank servers will likely see far less relevance with this mechanic due to an inability to competitively compete for multiple points on three different maps) in addition to the fact that all servers in a league will play each other, so uber stacked servers will play against rank 12 servers leading to several weeks of guaranteed blowouts. This whole thing is a disaster and the wrong direction for the format. I was hoping the devs would actively design more content to encourage players to spread across servers but everything they have done and are doing in the last year seems to make higher ranked servers snowball in desirability. They are moving in a direction which further favours server stacking, not one which equalises the experience for all servers.

If you’re in NA and not on SoR or BG now, it’s probably time to consider transferring there. If not, you will likely get stomped over the next few weeks and have close to zero chance of getting good league rewards.

That makes no sense. You realize that you’re going to lose money by transferring right? You also realize that you have you have to complete the meta-events to qualify for the season chest – so you can’t just log in once to WvW and get the chest.

No one should transfer because of this tournament – except of course high tier people who want to even out the population for some fun fights

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

That makes no sense. You realize that you’re going to lose money by transferring right? You also realize that you have you have to complete the meta-events to qualify for the season chest – so you can’t just log in once to WvW and get the chest.

No one should transfer because of this tournament – except of course high tier people who want to even out the population for some fun fights

It’s a one time transfer. The current WvW system is setting up dynastys. The top servers are mostly stable, I doubt we will see SoR or BG drop out of the top three in the next year so and with 7 week seasons, I suspect you will get multiple wins by transferring. We aren’t talking a single season worth of rewards, we are talking several seasons of rewards. It’s true that if you had to transfer every season to stay on top it wouldn’t make sense, but I doubt that’s the case. Currently WvW heavily favours stacking, with the orb mechanic this will likely become worse as it creates snowballing (we will see how it plays out) and rewarding the most stacked servers will further promote stacking.

All of that is assuming that the WvW league rewards are generic. What if they are special skins or unique items that can’t be obtained anywhere else? Already you get a unique finisher, it’s possible you could be missing out on even more. Even if the unique finisher is the only reward and a generic loot chest is the only other reward, it’s a single transfer to a stacked server that solves a lot of the problems of being on a lower ranked server. They are actively creating more reasons not to be on a lower ranked server (unless you are lucky number 13, in which case there is a good chance you be unlucky number 12 in the next season) and further reinforcing the benefits of being on a stable highly ranked server.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

It’s a one time transfer. The current WvW system is setting up dynastys. The top servers are mostly stable, I doubt we will see SoR or BG drop out of the top three in the next year so and with 7 week seasons, I suspect you will get multiple wins by transferring. We aren’t talking a single season worth of rewards, we are talking several seasons of rewards. It’s true that if you had to transfer every season to stay on top it wouldn’t make sense, but I doubt that’s the case. .

There’s going to be a lot of kittens in this post because Devon won’t answer a simple kittening question that is perhaps the cause of all this god kitten worry and this post indicates it perfectly.

God kittening kitten it Devon, why the kitten don’t you tell us if this is an ongoing thing or if this is a single “tournament”. It sounds to me like it is a single tournament but all the worry and complaints are mostly based around the assumption that it is an ongoing thing.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

It’s a one time transfer. The current WvW system is setting up dynastys. The top servers are mostly stable, I doubt we will see SoR or BG drop out of the top three in the next year so and with 7 week seasons, I suspect you will get multiple wins by transferring. We aren’t talking a single season worth of rewards, we are talking several seasons of rewards. It’s true that if you had to transfer every season to stay on top it wouldn’t make sense, but I doubt that’s the case. .

There’s going to be a lot of kittens in this post because Devon won’t answer a simple kittening question that is perhaps the cause of all this god kitten worry and this post indicates it perfectly.

God kittening kitten it Devon, why the kitten don’t you tell us if this is an ongoing thing or if this is a single “tournament”. It sounds to me like it is a single tournament but all the worry and complaints are mostly based around the assumption that it is an ongoing thing.

From the blog post I felt like they are making it a recurring event. So as soon as one ends, next one starts.

in WvW

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

From the blog post I felt like they are making it a recurring event. So as soon as one ends, next one starts.

Sounds like they plan on more, but hopefully after the first season trainwrecks they will change it or come up with some way to balance the servers.

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

If you want a gold, silver or bronze dolyak, plus maxium rewards move servers before Oct 4th…

Or miss out losers…

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I can smell all the server transfers allready. With such an reward system ballance between different populated servers is required. I was okay with the system, as long as it didn’t have a too huge impact. Now PvE farmers will log into the WvW even more, just to have participated once and massiv player numbers will swarm the higher ranked servers before the update is implemented.

Unless there is some kind of handicap in gameplay or reward system, this will greatly increase the imballance between differently populated servers. I like tha basic idea, but WvW is not in the shape yet award rewards for win or lose.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

TC is already seeing entire guilds transfer in….. so its not something you can smell, but rather it is something you can see…. It is in progress!

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’m leaving to SoR from GoM. I refuse to miss out on rewards because my server as a whole is incompetent, has troll commanders and PUGs that don’t know how to take a camp, let alone stack on a commander or follow advanced siege placement.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I dont care about rewards. This game is somehow fun for me. At least sometimes.
When league will be placed in, we on lower servers wont fight against zergs. So in EU Bronze league yes servers will be stomped by bigger ones. But those bigger ones(Dzag,FSR,RoF) dont have people to fill all 4 maps. So there will be place for “clever tactics” gameplay of small groups.
For RoF I hope times of massive blobs will end, at least most of the time, but small group like mine 5-10 man guild(depends on day) can take tower and not be wiped by 50 man blob swifnessrunning on the map.
But I thought about changing server too, but not to T1 but to T8 or T9, there are now 6 servers with low population and seems like they are having fun instead of blobing and pres 1111111111111111.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

And I forgot, what reward are you talking about?
Chance of a chance to drop precursor in one chest at the ond of 7-week cycle? Or 50 dragonite ore? Or will they give you ascended weapon for free?
Each of this you can have in PvE in 1 day not in 7 weeks. There wont be bigger reward than in PvE. Because then people will stop playing Living World but will go to WvW and Anet dont want that.

in WvW

Posted by: incandescence.6784

incandescence.6784

The problem is, if you are on a server that keeps getting stomped it is likely to be very difficult to complete your meta-events and get all the achievement points and title, whereas if you are on a dominant server it is likely to be very easy to do.

This makes it very tempting for even players who don’t WvW very much to switch to a strong WvW server to get their achievement points/titles, etc….

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

So many tin foil hats! Maybe you guys should go back and do your research, youll be surprised at how the point system actually works

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was