Is there a guide or link to how WvWvW works

in WvW

Posted by: CornFed.5193

CornFed.5193

Title says it all.

Would like to know so im just not running around zerging.

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

For now that’s pretty much all there is. Follow the herd, prepared to mash the F key.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Gimano.7381

Gimano.7381

In the contrary, I’m looking for the zerg but the map doesn’t show me where all the players are, which is sad.
Perhaps I missed a feature or option somewhere…

in WvW

Posted by: CornFed.5193

CornFed.5193

I guess what im asking is:
what are the objectives?
what are orbs?
where are the orbs?
what does supplies have to do with it?
what are the basic strategies?
what do all the numbers mean on the WvW window?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

“what are the objectives?” To own all the static locations, forts, tower, supply camps.

“what are orbs?” An object of power given to each server in their own borderlands at the start of the match. Steal the Orbs from the other servers and you pretty much become unbeatable.

“where are the orbs?” I think they start in the Garrison in your own borderlands. They can be moved.

“what does supplies have to do with it?” Supply is how you build EVERYTHING. Some things are built by workers in your fort/tower or supply camp. Some things you can build/repair yourself, so it’s a must for players to carry “supplies”. Extra credit to you if you can figure out where to get supplies.

“what are the basic strategies?” Follow the horde and be prepared to mash the F key when an enemy player is waving one hand in the air.

“what do all the numbers mean on the WvW window?” Every object in the maps is worth a number of points, forts/towers and supply camps. The total of your points is added to the server score every few minutes. I think we’re up to every 15 minutes now.

That’s one week worth of questions. Go play it, and stay away from the big red crowds, or you’ll be waving one hand in the air a lot.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)