Is there any hope at all for season 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

Q:

Will Anet be sorting population issues in time for season 2?

So far in Bronze tier we have had every single rotation – without exception – dominated by a single, high population server.

That means 2/3 of the servers have had an absolutely awful experience of season 1 so far, and WvW is rapidly becoming a no-go place for large numbers of people.

I realise that there is no chance this will be addressed in time to save season 1. Speedy responses to issues is not the Anet way. I am wondering if there is any hope at all that population imbalances will be addressed for Season 2?

I am pretty sure that if season 2 is going to be a repeat of season 1 population issues, the number of people bothering to show up is going to drop through the floor. It’s already very low.

in WvW

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

A:

Based on their track record, I’m thinking one of two things is going to happen. Either Season 2 will be abandoned until sometime in the distant future, or they’ll go ahead with it without fixing very much.

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Look on the bright side, alot of people and guilds got “rich” with the rampant guild buying.

EB jp changes will hit by the end of the month and the edge of the mists early next year, so its not so bad

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

They won’ tell now. Need to wait until season is finished. And wait for rewards(there also might be problems if the reward difference they make is too big between ranks – lower servrs still fighting a lot only weaker coverage and they still should be rewarded).

I don’t think Season 2 will start this year. At least 6 weeks until another Season starts if they make one.

in WvW

Posted by: Orthas.4937

Orthas.4937

Population imbalance is something that attempting to balance a game around is ridicules, for example, if everyone has the have even numbers starting from a base number in WVW per borderlands then the low servers could just not have more people come in and the larger servers would have massive ques, and if you create buffs for the lower population people then they will be the far better roamers causing them to have an advantage in taking camps/stopping supply

You can’t balance something that depends on population. it either goes one way or another, so just leaving it alone is best.

Newguy – GOM

I play when I can and help who I can

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I hope season 2 is scheduled for like 2017 or something. Spare the players please.

in WvW

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

It’s not exactly a fix for it but if there’s one server that’s awfully overpowered you can ask the other server to make truce and join forces to gank that server.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Implying that WvW will survive healthy enough to Season 1 for worring about Season 2.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Main problem we losing in such big scale is serious lack in organization.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunsen.3894

Gunsen.3894

You can’t possibly expect Anet to consider a 2nd season when Season 1 is obviously no better than WvW without the Leagues. The only difference between Leagues and WvW of the past is the fact that we only see a smaller pool of the original 24 servers over the course of 7 weeks. Silver League is no better than Bronze League, or Gold League for that matter considering that there will always be one or two servers that can host larger zergs at a much wider range of timeslots.