Is there going to be anybody left in wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

Since i started playing gw2, WvW was my favorite thing to do. Since then some of my friends have stopped playing due to the neglect on WvW. Recently I’ve noticed the large amount of players quiting after season 2 from not only my home server but every single one of them . If this continues, will there be anyone left?

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is summer, less people play overall. Was the same last summer.
People will swarm back with the next Season.
As to how you can know how a “large amount of players” left every single server I don’t really know but I am still seeing plenty of WvW:ers when I play.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

“People will swarm back with the next Season.”
You mean the people who hardly play WvW and only hop on during the seasons to get achievements and after they get them they leave and don’t come back till next season?

in WvW

pepper.6179

“People will swarm back with the next Season.”
You mean the people who hardly play WvW and only hop on during the seasons to get achievements and after they get them they leave and don’t come back till next season?

[SA]

in WvW

pepper.6179

well after experiencing the past two seasons, i’ve noticed how much players have just entirely quit the game. After season 2 a couple of guild just died off with repetitive match ups and the same old 4 wvw maps. Well yeah sure the people who only come for the season reward will continue their thing, but every server is losing their dedicated wvw players. Losing large amount of dedicated wvw will send a server spiraling down. SoR lost a majority of their wvw guilds, what if that were to happen to more servers?

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

Losing large amount of dedicated wvw will send a server spiraling down. SoR lost a majority of their wvw guilds, what if that were to happen to more servers?

Do guilds leave? Yes. A lot of times guilds go to different servers, members merge in with other guilds or they stop playing. SoR is not the first server to have a downfall and they won’t be the last. Every server that’s been to bronze (and trust me, there’s a lot of them) has lost guilds, but they build back up and can rise once again.

That’s not to say that there aren’t people who are tired of the same no new content, not even a point of attention to WvW, but to act like it’s becoming abandoned is overdramatic. There are still plenty of people who will go out and fight day in and day out.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

People are getting bored in WvW. With the same maps, same bugs etc. there will be a day when some of us just log out and play tetris or whatever.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I can see it by general decline in WvW queues. And I’m playing in a t1, #1 server.
Imo, it’s better so we can enter without waiting hours of queues. Also a lot of my WvW-maniac friends moved to other games after getting eternal dominator title. They had no other goals to achieve after this point.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I can see it by general decline in WvW queues. And I’m playing in a t1, #1 server.
Imo, it’s better so we can enter without waiting hours of queues. Also a lot of my WvW-maniac friends moved to other games after getting eternal dominator title. They had no other goals to achieve after this point.

Haha. We sometimes have 50 people online from all 3 servers at primetime, but that’s rare.

Regards from T9 EU!

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

but to act like it’s becoming abandoned is overdramatic.

No, that is exactly how it feels.

Check how many red posts there are in the Living Story Section just this week. Now compare to how many red posts we’ve had here in the last 6 months!

I can bet you the LS has still had more red posts! If that isnt being abandoned that I dont know what is!

I only play WvW and GW2 because of my guild,
no guild = no WvW = no playing.
We used to have over 40 people in TS for a raid, now we are lucky to get 20 max.
This is what is happening all over, people want to play with their friends, and if their friends leave, they leave. If their friends have gone to another game, they get that game and join them.

Many WvW players tried to warn Anet that people would move to other games if they didnt do anything; and that is exactly what has happened, and will continue to happen until WvW becomes an AP farm at the beginning of each season for the PvE players.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Check how many red posts there are in the Living Story Section just this week. Now compare to how many red posts we’ve had here in the last 6 months!

I can bet you the LS has still had more red posts! If that isnt being abandoned that I dont know what is!

We used to have over 40 people in TS for a raid, now we are lucky to get 20 max.
This is what is happening all over, people want to play with their friends, and if their friends leave, they leave. If their friends have gone to another game, they get that game and join them.

Many WvW players tried to warn Anet that people would move to other games if they didnt do anything; and that is exactly what has happened, and will continue to happen until WvW becomes an AP farm at the beginning of each season for the PvE players.

To be fair I believe Anet mostly gave up on wvw a long time ago. Too much work for too little reward on their end. But they’re not going to tell everyone that they’ve abandoned that ship. Because there’s money to be made in transfer fees as guilds jump from one server to another. So they keep a tiny skeleton crew around to keep the lights on and make minor fixes and changes.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

It is summer, less people play overall. Was the same last summer.
People will swarm back with the next Season.
As to how you can know how a “large amount of players” left every single server I don’t really know but I am still seeing plenty of WvW:ers when I play.

Lots of people have left my server (and the game), that’s a fact, confirmed by my friends list. We have gained more bandwagoners as we are SFR, so there is still a small q at prime time on EB. We also gained a new guild who server hopped this week.

The AP hunters will swarm it for a couple weeks IF they can be bothered to make a season 3.

It’s very obvious on my server (can’t speak for others) that numbers are down, commanders that have lead for a long time have quit and the general mood amongst wvw’rs is that if there was anything similar with better dev support out there we’d be off to that game.

Maybe people from other servers can comment on their general numbers.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

pepper.6179

Also you can’t forget the disastrous season 2 rewards, so many people were fed up with how poorly arenanet handled it. Took them a couple of weeks to fix that problem. Too many people already rage quoted and didn’t even bother to log back in even with the extra tickets

[SA]

(edited by pepper.6179)

in WvW

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

So they keep a tiny skeleton crew around to keep the lights on and make minor fixes and changes.

If this was the case I’d be as happy as a hippy on Sunday!

But the truth is they havent even been doing that, hence why people are still complaining about exploits which have been around since launch!

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

But the truth is they havent even been doing that, hence why people are still complaining about exploits which have been around since launch!

Which are these exploits that have been around since launch though?

And yes they do have people working on WvW, even if it is a very little group.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

So they keep a tiny skeleton crew around to keep the lights on and make minor fixes and changes.

It all comes down to how you define “minor”.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

I wasn’t saying that it hasn’t been abandoned by Anet, but that it’s not like you’re going to log in next month and not have a single soul in any map on any server. It’s true, people are leaving, but people are just joining this game at the same time. Is it safe to say most of the hype has faded and we realize that we’re stuck with updates very far and very few between? Absolutely, but as many people have mentioned it’s summer, people are enjoying nice weather and family and friends, just let it run its’ course.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

The people who only play 1 game mode will inevitably get burnt out and bored. Just saying.

Of course, player attrition wouldn’t be this bad with better dev support, but even so, WvW is a pretty small facet of GW2. I’ve always thought of WvW as the thing you do to measure your skills learned in sPvP against others with the stuff you earned in PvE.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Nick.6972

Which are these exploits that have been around since launch though?

And yes they do have people working on WvW, even if it is a very little group.

Link me a thread where people said WvW is dying during the 3 day pre launch in . August. Go ahead. Evidence or don’t talk at all.
“Since the launch”.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Link me a thread where people said WvW is dying during the 3 day pre launch in . August. Go ahead. Evidence or don’t talk at all.
“Since the launch”.

What does your post have to do with the post you quoted….?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Nick.6972

Give me a link to a single thread that said WvW is dying which was posted during the launch in 2012 August. That’s what you keep saying, that people have been saying WvW is dying since the launch.

in WvW

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

You have been reading previous thread right?

Like how the mods infract and delete all such threads.

How can I link any such thread which has been censored by anet?

Here’s a couple though from about a year ago:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Can-we-talk-about-invisible-players-in-WvWvW

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Is-the-cheating-going-to-be-stopped-any-time-soon/first#post92232

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

The people who only play 1 game mode will inevitably get burnt out and bored. Just saying.

Of course, player attrition wouldn’t be this bad with better dev support, but even so, WvW is a pretty small facet of GW2. I’ve always thought of WvW as the thing you do to measure your skills learned in sPvP against others with the stuff you earned in PvE.

That’s what I consider end game and imo end game content deservers more attention from devs than what WvW currently gets.

Most wvwers don’t play solely wvw, tho we spend most of the time there. LS stories tend to empty wvw maps for a day or two and many wvwers play spvp to get better in fights.

But it’s wvw why some players log into the game everyday, the other game modes are just tools to get gold, better stuff or improve skills.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Nick.6972

Not you.
I mean lordkrall.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’d be willing to bet that Anet has given up on making any changes to WvW. They’re content to just let it die a natural death.

They’ve made changes in the past but not the changes that will make a difference. They’ve added content but not content that will make a difference.

Anet is not willing/able to address the issues with WvW that people want addressed the most. So WvW will be there as long as the game lasts but it’ll be fewer and fewer people playing.

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Since i started playing gw2, WvW was my favorite thing to do. Since then some of my friends have stopped playing due to the neglect on WvW. Recently I’ve noticed the large amount of players quiting after season 2 from not only my home server but every single one of them . If this continues, will there be anyone left?

Hmm I think the reason there have been less players is for two reasons:

1. People are trying out Wildstar

2. People have left WvW to go play the new Living Story event.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

I’d be willing to bet that Anet has given up on making any changes to WvW. They’re content to just let it die a natural death.

They’ve made changes in the past but not the changes that will make a difference. They’ve added content but not content that will make a difference.

Anet is not willing/able to address the issues with WvW that people want addressed the most. So WvW will be there as long as the game lasts but it’ll be fewer and fewer people playing.

I agree with this. However I think the only reason they don’t just shut it down is because they make a decent amount of money from various guilds that jump around to other servers to have different matches.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Speaking from an NA perspective only:

Over the last year a large percentage of the GvG/Roaming/“For the fights” type guilds have been transferring up in tiers, with the majority settling on T1/T2. As long as there are 24 servers there will always be a few running on every server, but if the trend of the last year continues then most of the WvW crowd will be stacked/jammed into 1-2 tiers.

I only say that because after our group moved up we saw and have continued to see many guilds from lower tiers that did/are doing the same thing.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

Over the last year a large percentage of the GvG/Roaming/“For the fights” type guilds have been transferring up in tiers, with the majority settling on T1/T2. As long as there are 24 servers there will always be a few running on every server, but if the trend of the last year continues then most of the WvW crowd will be stacked/jammed into 1-2 tiers.

I only say that because after our group moved up we saw and have continued to see many guilds from lower tiers that did/are doing the same thing.

Because the lower tiers are absolutely dead except certain times of the day. It becomes a vicious cycle. Lower tiers need bodies to reinvigorate the wvw but no one wants to move to a server that only has 2 or 3 hours of good wvw a day.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Rebzer.3204

Rebzer.3204

Because the lower tiers are absolutely dead except certain times of the day. It becomes a vicious cycle. Lower tiers need bodies to reinvigorate the wvw but no one wants to move to a server that only has 2 or 3 hours of good wvw a day.

I can’t even imagine how bad lower tiers must be when Blackgate is down to having 1 map queued at a time during NA prime time. Even on last reset we didn’t queue all maps.

Rebzer Rex [EK] | Blackgate

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

I can’t even imagine how bad lower tiers must be when Blackgate is down to having 1 map queued at a time during NA prime time. Even on last reset we didn’t queue all maps.

My guild was in t2 for a week or so before season 2 started. It was bad. I don’t know about now but after watching Chemsorly’s twitch it looked pretty dead during the middle of the day still.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’ll buy the fact that people do take extended breaks in the summer; however, there is a big difference in ques and volume of guilds between last summer and this summer. There is a considerable drop off.

It could just be my server, but from what I’m reading, it isn’t. Can someone claim WvW isn’t dying if “their” server seems to be flourishing while the other 23 possibly aren’t?

At this point in time it just seems to make sense to cluster the remaining people into however many servers required. Perhaps there only needs to be 6-8 as opposed to 24 to have decent match-ups 24/7.

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

At this point in time it just seems to make sense to cluster the remaining people into however many servers required. Perhaps there only needs to be 6-8 as opposed to 24 to have decent match-ups 24/7.

They don’t even need to do that. Just make the borderlands like eotm and start with one instance of it. As it fills up spawn a new instance to get more players into. All the green servers get paired together, all the red, all the blue.

No, not a perfect solution but it would keep the maps full, and the fights going. Since they’ve released the mega-server there’s not really any server pride to be worried about.

BG

in WvW

DeadlySynz.3471

They don’t even need to do that. Just make the borderlands like eotm and start with one instance of it. As it fills up spawn a new instance to get more players into. All the green servers get paired together, all the red, all the blue.

No, not a perfect solution but it would keep the maps full, and the fights going. Since they’ve released the mega-server there’s not really any server pride to be worried about.

I know this has been brought up before and I 100% agree with it. I don’t think Anet will do it though. I do believe it pretty much is a necessity at this point given the lack of overall numbers lately.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You really don’t get it. This is a horrible idea. People like seeing familiar faces in WvW. They like playing with the same people. The EotM structure is horrible for that.

They need a new map. We haven’t had a new WvW map since launch (EotM is a PvE karma train map and is way too unbalanced to ever be in WvW). People are bored with the same 2 maps every week.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Gw1 lasted about 6 years and that’s roughly the lifespan i’d give Gw2, They will just milk the korean release now and drip feed us with snippets of content here and there to keep us remotely interested.

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

You really don’t get it. This is a horrible idea. People like seeing familiar faces in WvW. They like playing with the same people. The EotM structure is horrible for that.

They need a new map. We haven’t had a new WvW map since launch (EotM is a PvE karma train map and is way too unbalanced to ever be in WvW). People are bored with the same 2 maps every week.

No, people like to go in and fight other players. Who they fight or what server they are fighting against/representing in the fight doesn’t matter. People wvw to fight other players. Most people couldn’t care less about what map they fight on. Sure a new map would be nice and fresh for a week or three but at the end of the day people don’t really care about the map itself. They care to consistently get good solid fights.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: wingclip.6182

wingclip.6182

I think a strong server community and identity should be an important part of a working Server vs Server vs Server concept. But since it makes no difference if you win or loose for your worldservermeltingpot nobody cares anymore. WvW —--> Dead. The community tryed hard to make something out of it but got let down. Whoever is in Charge of WVW at AN should read the posts instead of deleting them. Noone doing an awesome job here and Season 2 wasnt an exciting overall success. Wake up.

in WvW

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

But what about bandwagon pride, I mean server pride? (says someone who’s moved server 3 times :P )

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

But what about bandwagon pride, I mean server pride? (says someone who’s moved server 3 times :P )

Yup, server pride is a joke. Be loyal to your guild, be loyal to your friends, but don’t waste time and effort being loyal to a server. Because 90% of most server’s population could not possibly care less about the state of wvw, if it lives or dies.

BG

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

I think a strong server community and identity should be an important part of a working Server vs Server vs Server concept. But since it makes no difference if you win or loose for your worldservermeltingpot nobody cares anymore. WvW —--> Dead. The community tryed hard to make something out of it but got let down. Whoever is in Charge of WVW at AN should read the posts instead of deleting them. Noone doing an awesome job here and Season 2 wasnt an exciting overall success. Wake up.

But Anet did their best to keep a wall of separation between the pvp/wvw player base and the pve player base on the server. And when they’ve decide to bring the two together they’ve done a terrible job of it. They’ve put pve content into wvw maps, they’ve created a pve map (eotm) and tried to sell it as wvw content. And no one is buying it.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Honestly, I think the whole server pride mantra is a romanticized ideal that just doesn’t pan out, not with the rate that players transfer. At this point there is no “native” population so I think people need to take those rose tinted glasses off. One can get a better sense of “group pride” and the experience of logging on to familiar faces from a guild.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

No, people like to go in and fight other players. Who they fight or what server they are fighting against/representing in the fight doesn’t matter. People wvw to fight other players. Most people couldn’t care less about what map they fight on. Sure a new map would be nice and fresh for a week or three but at the end of the day people don’t really care about the map itself. They care to consistently get good solid fights.

This. But instead of colors, I’d prefer a three-way alliance system.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Here’s a link to a post I made discussing many of these issues.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Here-s-how-to-fix-WvW/first#post4141404

I play on BG and WvW has definitely been falling off. It isn’t just BG, but the other T1 servers as well. When I’m in NA prime and it takes 45 minute of roaming around trying to find a fight, that’s a sign that the other servers are suffering. When the scores are close, and I know that my servers participation is low, then that tells me the other servers are suffering.

I love this game and WvW. But I’ve had issues with WvW for a long time, stemming all the way back from when they nerfed mesmer portals. It’s always been one small thing after another. The final straw for me was the way they handled the S2 reward chest. I don’t care about the rewards, but the fact that it was bugged, the fact that it took as long as it did to fix just shows how much time and effort is put into WvW. Also, that there have been nothing from the devs since S2 about any future content makes me think I’m going to play the same thing again.

The funny thing is, I’ve since checked out ESO, that was horrible, and Wildstar, which is buggy as hell, terrible balance issues, broken classes, and it wants a subscription. I’ve currently re-subed SWTOR for fun. It just reminds me how great GW2 really is, but I still can’t play the same maps after two years and get no fights.

BTW, WvW and PvP is the endgame content, not PvE. I finished the new LS content after a few hours. After that, it is exactly the same thing. Like all PvE content, the enemies do the exact same thing at the exact same time. WvW and PvP consist of real people who do different things with different builds at different times. You are facing different people with different people. All that adds variety, which along with fun imo is the thing that sustains gameplay. I’ve been playing this game for almost 2 years soley because of WvW. I can’t imagine spending the same amount of time doing dungeons for 8 hours at a stretch or whatever.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

I’m sure all servers have suffered some now and then. But others seem more resilient to that. My server for instance…we take a beating…we come back for more. We have lost guilds to other servers from time to time. But usually that just gives us a nice target to look for in future battles… cough cough…HOPE cough cough ;-p

I for one am pretty positive that the Aspenwooders will rally for any occasion that requires a few bustin of heads. ;-)

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: JLoco.6218

JLoco.6218

All guilds should just move to t2 and continue to enjoy fighting eachother as we have in the past.

in WvW

DeadlySynz.3471

With all due respect, it is you who is not getting it. One of the primary complaints in these match-ups is that they are stale. Seeing the same enemies week after week after week. From what I’ve read when these threads pop up; the people opposed to this are few and far between, so the question is, why should everyone else who plays WvW and wants action, migrate to the few who wan’t to see the same faces?

Case and point, reading through this topic, your the only poster in here who seems to be opposed to it, and this type of opposition is consistent with the rest of these threads.

You will see the same faces under a system like this but you will also see new people, and far more new enemies, guilds, and you should have action 24/7 whenever you log on. For the life of me, I can’t see why anyone would be opposed to this.

Of course this is one of the many complaints, needing a new map is another one which I completely agree with. There is nothing proving that the new map won’t be used as a karma train either.

A perfect scenario would be where an Alliance system or Color system is set up and players can freely choose to jump to whatever alliance or color they wish to fight for that day. They can see all the instances of each map and can see how many are on each map. Guilds can then safely GvG whenver they wan’t, everyone will have action 24/7.

in WvW

Posted by: weiown.5473

weiown.5473

I am in T1 and I get excited when I actually see a map queued. I used to sit in LA and spam F on the portal for WvW reset night. Now I don’t even spam to get in as IF there is a queue on reset night, it is 5 minutes or less.

Anet needs to do more than PvE if they want to save this gametype. Perhaps shift towards a factions based WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

Anvil Rock was good at the start now its slow on some night’s. and i see we have the Outnumber almost 24/7 I’m getting sick of it. sure it was nice to get a exo off a dead player. i just wish are sever had more number’s for day team and the night team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in WvW

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

You are giving your own opinion here, “who they fight or what server they are fighting against/representing in the fight doesn’t matter” I do care. What you are offering can be achieved in EotM, just log in with your guild group and encourage other guilds to do the same.
If you make borderlands another megaserver trash map then defending wouldn’t exist. Some of the best fights I ever had were defending keeps, now why would I defend if it’s worth nothing? No one’s time is gonna be wasted if I don’t defend, just let it cap we’ll get it back later. There you go… another k-train map for the pve funz
I also like to fight alongside people that are not in my guild but they are in my server. I don’t want to go into WvW wondering which people I’m gonna play with, I like how DR people do stuff and I want to keep playing with them.

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer