Isle of Janthir vs Henge of Denravi vs Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: nOCter.4263

nOCter.4263

Please keep the thread clean, and may the best server win! let the game begin!

Leader of Troll Syndicate [FKU]

in WvW

Posted by: overrandom.2536

overrandom.2536

[Redacted]

I can’t wait!

Rikard Mathiassen
Anderthian Box [ABox]
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Helterskelter.8490

Helterskelter.8490

Good luck, and have fun mentlegen.

in WvW

Posted by: MouthForWar.4210

MouthForWar.4210

Already sensing this is going to be one of the most intense matches I’ve played. Best of luck to all teams, bring your A game! See you on the field

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

2 way fight between IoJ and SoS unless HoD can muster up some people this time

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

in WvW

Posted by: FamousTran.7238

FamousTran.7238

Already sensing this is going to be one of the most intense matches I’ve played. Best of luck to all teams, bring your A game! See you on the field

Are you kidding me, Henge is in such a sad state right now.

Agrolan – Warrior
Eclesa – Engineer
Primordial Dragons

in WvW

Posted by: Aerbax.6431

Aerbax.6431

Started on SoS because we were unstoppable in WvW during beta. Transferred to IoJ a month after launch because the WvW on SoS was almost non existent. Looking forward to the match up!

SoS has been climbing, they get some new transfers lately?

Wayward Bob 80 Human Mesmer
Salbatore 40 Charr Engineer
Leader of The Real Underworld Dreams [UD] on IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Catamaran Nights.2630

Catamaran Nights.2630

This will be a fight between SoS and IoJ. With SoS taking it. Most of the good people on HoD left right after we started losing. Hasn’t been the same since. As of right now SoS has 1300, IoJ has about 650 and HoD is only at 200 something. I predict this is going to be a long week for HoD players…..

ANet needs to figure out a better way to group servers in fights. Too many weeks in a row where there is always a clear winner.

in WvW

Posted by: FamousTran.7238

FamousTran.7238

This will be a fight between SoS and IoJ. With SoS taking it. Most of the good people on HoD left right after we started losing. Hasn’t been the same since. As of right now SoS has 1300, IoJ has about 650 and HoD is only at 200 something. I predict this is going to be a long week for HoD players…..

ANet needs to figure out a better way to group servers in fights. Too many weeks in a row where there is always a clear winner.

How did you get that username?

Anyway, yeah…the matchups should have been Sanctum, IoJ, and SoS…

Agrolan – Warrior
Eclesa – Engineer
Primordial Dragons

in WvW

Posted by: Aerbax.6431

Aerbax.6431

a clear winner.

Lol. See you on the boarderlands.

Wayward Bob 80 Human Mesmer
Salbatore 40 Charr Engineer
Leader of The Real Underworld Dreams [UD] on IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

It’s sad that even next week in tier 3 HoD ll still probably be crushed

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

To the HoD players who kept coming in and attacking supply camps in the southern half of IoJ borderlands, I commend you and would like to give you all props for trying. I don’t remember the tags of you 3 who tried to take lodge against me (Elementalist from [VI]) but you gave me something to do.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

in WvW

nOCter.4263

What happen to IOJ? thought they had superior coverage compared to sos.

in WvW

Posted by: Vlayde.8764

Vlayde.8764

What happen to IOJ? thought they had superior coverage compared to sos.

Sadly, IOJ won’t be out in full force until the holiday event is over. I wouldent be surprised if SoS wins by a large margin.

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Halloween Event is completely destroying our WvW. The phase 2 areas are completely overflowed. we don’t even have queues for most of our stuff in WvW.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

What Halloween event, SOS is equally full in everything. Stop making excuses.

in WvW

Posted by: Flashlegend.2941

Flashlegend.2941

LOL, they aren’t excuses. I’m honestly not exactly sure what happened to our server. This is not the IOJ that played on equal footing against SBI and JQ last weekend. Tonight, only EB and Henge had ques, both of which weren’t even half an hour long. That was only for the first couple of hours tho, now all the borderlands have no que at all. Last weeked, the que time in all the borderlands was almost 2 hours long(longer in eb) until well past the current time. I just have no idea what happened to our WvW player base.

Ascosia – Thief
Isles of Janthir
[Hel]Helioz

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

Score as of 3:05am EST. You IoJ are being annoying in your home borderlands =( It’s taken way to long to cap that northern half.

Attachments:

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

I’m more curious as to what happened on the IoJ side lol

MERC

in WvW

Posted by: Synora.8974

Synora.8974

Sea of Sorrows just took everything except like one tower and a few camps. Isle of Janthir better get their act together to come back from this one!

Synora – Elite Guard of [TSYM] – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

nOCter.4263

Update on battle

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Good luck HoD/IoJ, SoS are looking good

in WvW

Posted by: Alien.1845

Alien.1845

IoJ and HoD got to do smth now. Look at the score, this is too much one sided.

Attachments:

Skyinthesea | Team Shatter
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: EricDravin.8947

EricDravin.8947

EricDravin-lvl80 Necromancer
(UnS) UnitaSumus-GM
(IoJ) Isle Of Janthir-Commander

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

where all the ioj ?

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Lmao, hilarious vid. Hate it when that happens.

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Protesting WvW. After the tier-1 SBI/BG fiasco there is really no point in participating in such a poorly designed and exploitable feature. They also patched the ability to switch to town clothes and not have to pay repair costs, which is another reason I’m not playing WvW this week.

How unbalanced and broken WvW is is proven by this week’s match. A sub-par and lousy server like SoS should be in second or even last place. Mass transfers and server-hopping give otherwise terrible servers insane advantages.

The bad thing about WvW is that once a server gets a measly 4-5k points ahead its pretty much over. Morale is crushed and nobody can really be bothered with it. After all, there are no rewards to winning WvW and it’s a total loss (repair costs, spending gold on siege, etc).

CD

in WvW

Posted by: yertle.5837

yertle.5837

PRX too scary, hiding until next week

also dear anet plz fix rendering

edit: plz ignore the troll

Acenn (Thief)
also L80 Ele/Necro/Mesmer
IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Spicyhash.7605

Protesting WvW. After the tier-1 SBI/BG fiasco there is really no point in participating in such a poorly designed and exploitable feature. They also patched the ability to switch to town clothes and not have to pay repair costs, which is another reason I’m not playing WvW this week.

How unbalanced and broken WvW is is proven by this week’s match. A sub-par and lousy server like SoS should be in second or even last place. Mass transfers and server-hopping give otherwise terrible servers insane advantages.

The bad thing about WvW is that once a server gets a measly 4-5k points ahead its pretty much over. Morale is crushed and nobody can really be bothered with it. After all, there are no rewards to winning WvW and it’s a total loss (repair costs, spending gold on siege, etc).
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
“Lousy server like SOS” how are we lousy? that we have recently had transfers that have filled the NA gap that we previously had, this is just as boring as us than it is for IoJ or HoD. We expected an actual match from IoJ not this preformance, to take vengeance from the last time they beat us; If you knew anything abotu SoS you would know the amazing match we had last rotation against SoR where we started in a 30k point then SoR gained a 60k point lead and finally we finished with a 15k point lead which completely contradicts with your third point. So please before bad mouthing SoS as a server do some history checks we deserve to be up here and it’s not our fault we are winning we are just doing what we can.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Alien.1845

@Spicyhash; yeah, we have an epic fight last week regardless of there are always whiners like u

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Reklus.2093

Reklus.2093

aftter pimping yoursef out like nickle kittens

in WvW

Posted by: Aralura.5129

Aralura.5129

Come on IOJ, you’re supposed to be smashing my chickens this week! You want to be T2, then step up! We’re not far ahead, and there’s still 6 days left so don’t lose faith and get your kitten together. That way we can all have a semi decent fight. This goes for you too, HoD. And don’t give me the numbers excuse, did King Leonidas back down when he was vastly outnumbered by the Persian army? No!

[Envy]

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDeath.8106

BlackDeath.8106

We’ll be back. On the 2nd of Nov.

in WvW

Posted by: Ratto.1572

Ratto.1572

Free Transfer to rule them all

- ULTIMATE LEGION / SOR -
Human – Thief | Norn – Warrior | Asura – Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Least I’m having fun clearing the maps on my alts.

Needed the last vista and poi at the Jerri tower and IoJ were being stubborn in handing it over. So I made a couple golems and waved for people to come over. 2 golems turned to 4 and a zerg. Then we stormed IoJ’s last stronghold.

Good times.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Hi SoS!

SoR here, presently holding firm with a +675 cap or greater on our matchup. Remember IoJ gave SBI and JQ a good fight last week, meanwhile they are getting pounded by you.

Maybe we are the two best servers. See you in Tier 1......

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

yep bored SoS player, look forward to seeing SoR again next week

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Aralura.5129

Aralura.5129

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, still a long week to go. And from the fight IoJ are putting up in the BL they’ve got some spirit. Well done!

And Peetee, are you really that eager to be beaten again? :P

[Envy]

in WvW

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Thanks to Halloween & free transfers you can expect a very dull & boring match up this week.

GG

in WvW

Alien.1845

Cant wait for the rematch with SoR again, but nth is certain, we might lose this matchup too if we too carefree.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

Not gonna lie…SoS (mainly PRX’s massive 50+ pure-offense roaming team) beat the living kitten out of us on their home map. Beat us to the point where we started pointing the finger at ourselves, yelling at other commanders, guilds, guildmates, etc.

Hero took a step back and started doing stuff as a guild to make sure we didn’t turn on each other xD

Face it, we got beat with a superior opening strategy from a guild that was a lot more coordinated than our alliance was. And I mean we were coordinated, but it shattered when we were facing an aggressive 50+ zerg and everything on the map was paper.

Love to make a comeback at this point, but given the aoe stealth + rendering issues, I just don’t care enough.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Spicyhash.7605

October 27, 2012 09:04

What I find as funny…is that last week vs’ing crystal desert and sanctum of rall…SoS were down 40-50k points at one stage to SoR with about 24-32 hours remaining…And we won…Are we still a kittenerver? Do people still give up after 6k points behind? =S

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

Last night was not so hot for IOJ. I was in the IOJ homelands and was doing repair and frankly I’m getting really tired of it. There was one point where everyone was talking about what they were taking and our watergate was something like 80% gone and the east gate was 20% gone and I called it out several times. Our zerg just won’t listen and I gave up at 50% complete on the watergate. I’m torn because I know why they zerg, because the rewards suck for defense rebuilding so how can I really be mad at them doing what is funner vs what is going to help us later for nothing but boring town running 10 supply over and over.

We had one person talking for hours about wanting a mount and how horrible it was to die for hours, lots of ppl afk everytime I ported back to citadel. Yeah, not our best performance. I’m finding running supply for hours really tedious. We don’t do well on defense sometimes. Tempts me everyday to just run with the zerg, they get the karma, exp, medals, loot, and money, doing defense I get exp and jumped when alone resulting in repair costs. Needless to say, at 50% door fixed I alerted them then left the BG and went to another and yeeha, they were spawn camping it so I got some goodies pushing.

We didn’t get outmanned that often, I think we just weren’t very organized and could improve that.

(edited by psirca.9452)

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

I think IoJ caught the bandwagonners this time. People saw a server that did quite well in T1 the first week, and figured we’d be the winning server in T2 this week. Much like it was when ET/SBI were sent down to t2.

Halloween events probably also kept some of our WvWers out. I haven’t logged on since Anet screwed the pooch on the BLC. Hacks are still rampant amongst WvW, and few of the problems since pre-release are still rampant. Maybe people are just sick of Anet lying to us?

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

IoJ did the usual IoJ thing, got caught up in PvE events, fell behind by a substantial amount, and then forfeit the game. I guess thats the penalty of playing ion a PvE server, times like this.
Doesnt help also that SoS is populated by a few select WvW guilds who basically have a map to each of them. The free xfers for sure helped them, only a matter of time for the bandwaggoners to ruin it for them.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Posted by: Skin Changer.8073

Skin Changer.8073

Hi,SoS
SoR here,i think it’s a boring week for both of us. I am not going to play WvW this week, since there is not a good fight.Also protesting you stole our victory on the last day until WvW reset

in WvW

Posted by: Daish.6139

Daish.6139

Daish is on SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Ravnis.5476

Ravnis.5476

Reality. We didn’t show up at the reset, we were all doing the event. We are all jaded about server transfers and bugs hampering and literally destroying the fun of WvW. I don’t see anyone in any zone in WvW.

Maybe we lost a lot of players to free server transfers, maybe we don’t care enough this week to keep trying, or maybe we just want fun WvW back. As it is currently, it’s just not fun.

Ravnis : lvl 80 Warrior
Rink Inc: Level 80 Engineer
IoJ noob extraordinaire.

in WvW

Posted by: MouthForWar.4210

MouthForWar.4210

As a player who transferred to SoS with my guild, I can vouch that we came here fully intending to make SoS our new home. We came from PvE and sPvP servers, felt unwelcome and unfulfilled trying to WvW with a crowd like that. We made the best decision for our guild in the long run, and luckily enough the benefits are already coming to fruition.

Just as I have no doubt in my mind IoJ have many skilled players (quite a few of them destroyed me in some small fights, props to you guys. Had a lot of fun duking it out!) but are preoccupied with Halloween, or HoD was once a force to be reckoned with, I have no doubt that SoS (even before guilds transferred over) is home to many great WvWers as well. That’s why I’m here. The culture on the server is good. People are willing to try when we’re losing, and willing to keep up the pressure when we’re winning. Those are the people I want to play with, and I’m glad I finally found ’em.

in WvW

Alien.1845

As SoS progress better and better, soon SoS will be another victim like HoD tragedy.

Sea of Sorrows