@Isle of Janthir

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Shibbi Shwing.4689

Shibbi Shwing.4689

This week is our week. Let’s be men and do men stuff all over our new match up.

I feel that it needs to be said, that as long as you are having fun, you are winning. The point values mean nothing – if you have fun, you win. If you shed the blood of your foes, you win. If you took a supply camp and held it for 4 hours with only 8 people using 5-6 ballistas against a horde of 40-50 people, you win. Even if you lose it in the end, you’ve won. Don’t get discouraged or lose spirit because another server is beating us in points.

[RVR] hopes to see you all in the field tonight, and to whomever our new enemies are: may your impending death be a glorious tribute to the fields of battle.

Kill for the dead! Kill for the living!

Known as the Life Eater, the Soul Render, the Blood Drinker, He Who Thirsts
Shibbi Shwing – King of The Reavers – GM of [RVR] -Isle of Janthir
The Reavers – WvW Guild – www.steamcommunity.com/groups/reaversguild

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Stiggz.8421

Stiggz.8421

Islanders fight on.

IOJ! IOJ! IOJ!

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Rashim.7405

Rashim.7405

Kill for the Dead! Kill for the living!

Ever seen an unkillable necromancer from IOJ? You’ve seen Rashim, Lichmaster of the Reavers.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

iOj <—— Apple’s best seller

IoJ taking the fight to our enemies this week.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: ecwoodrow.7034

ecwoodrow.7034

For Narnia! I mean…. For Pony! I mean… For IoJ!

Atsug Em – [RvR] – lvl 80 Engineer – IoJ
Tryggon Gathol – [RvR] – lvl 80 Warrior – IoJ
Sechnal – [RvR] – lvl 80 Ranger – IoJ

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I noticed an improvement from both SoS and IoJ toward the end of the week in tactics. Having siege on the cliffs over looking Longview was pretty funny. I tried to tell my side to rush up there and destroy them but they were moths-to-light on the keep door. I sat off toward the side and watched them get slaughtered hard by the siege weapons. Going to be a long week if we fight like that next time. You guys will get better, you just more geared people. I know the 3 orbs helped me a lot but some of your pvpers hit like wet noodles so I am guessing a lot of them aren’t 80.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Shibbi Shwing.4689

Well, I can’t speak for others, but I know that almost all of the 80’s in [RVR] are in full exotics. Though there definitely seems to be a lot of wet noodles flopping around on all sides.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: jolleyholl.5324

jolleyholl.5324

I’m a wet noodle?!

<pkitten>

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Shibbi Shwing.4689

It’s occurred to me that all foul words autofilter to kitten.

Greatest.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Phaius.4698

Phaius.4698

I’ve sort of been out of it recently due to hitting 80 and trying to clear my story and the PvE maps, but it will be nice to see what the new match up is like since we’d been getting stomped by Eredon Terrace.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: illuSioN.1685

illuSioN.1685

Can’t wait to get out there with my fellow [RVR] members and kick some a**.

We need to band together and dominate this next matchup.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Sivorick.1674

Sivorick.1674

Islanders fight on.

IOJ! IOJ! IOJ!

Islanders….

hmmmm I like it!

We shall sport the name with honor!

Sivorick Andrathi
The Guardians – Isle of Janthir
http://www.guardianhq.com/

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: iamesauce.4283

iamesauce.4283

Ready to get utterly spanked?

Signed,
Crystal Desert

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

The waves of Sorrow will come down on the Isle and remove any trace of its existence.

MERC

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

It will be good to see some SoS players around, all the ones I saw last week were from ET guilds.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

Great fight so far between IoJ, SoS and Aspenwood

Very tight and even, this is how wvw should be

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

^ SoS and FA are teaming on IoJ because we’re winning. This isn’t how it should be. Wvw should be 1v1 and not 1v1v1. Terrible servers will make alliance and that isn’t fair to anyone. You shouldn’t kid yourself when you’re bad.

CD

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

The fight fro Stonemist has been interesting. IoJ took it early but soon lost it to SoS. We then took it again only to lose it to FA. We took it again and now we’ve lost it to SoS.

Interestingly whomever hold SM seems to drop in score. When we didn’t have it we were pushing well into FA territory but when we took it we ended up getting pushed back and lost all the FA territory we had taken + our two supply camps.

In the other zones it’s looking pretty even as well so this fight is going to come down to which server can keep up overnight after Australia logs off… although really that should be around the time East coast US players log on.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Tzash.5748

Tzash.5748

^ SoS and FA are teaming on IoJ because we’re winning. This isn’t how it should be. Wvw should be 1v1 and not 1v1v1. Terrible servers will make alliance and that isn’t fair to anyone. You shouldn’t kid yourself when you’re bad.

This one gave me quite a laugh. For being so incredibly wrong.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

TurtleMuncher.9750

The fight fro Stonemist has been interesting. IoJ took it early but soon lost it to SoS. We then took it again only to lose it to FA. We took it again and now we’ve lost it to SoS.

Interestingly whomever hold SM seems to drop in score. When we didn’t have it we were pushing well into FA territory but when we took it we ended up getting pushed back and lost all the FA territory we had taken + our two supply camps.

In the other zones it’s looking pretty even as well so this fight is going to come down to which server can keep up overnight after Australia logs off… although really that should be around the time East coast US players log on.

IMO, it takes wayyy too much effort to take a stonemist. The effort you spend on that 35 points per tick you’d be able to get more in a borderlands. But whoever gets that = world pride sooo :>

MERC

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You go Isle of Janthir! Win that score!

Just don’t forget to let us have our share of Wvw. ;3

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Shibbi Shwing.4689

Spicyhash.7605

This man is the best player on his entire WoW server. We should listen to him.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.7069

Phoenix.7069

This matchup has been fairly even, unlike getting destroyed by a server like last week this is fun

Avis – Sylvari Ranger
Ävia – Asura Thief
Overseer of Hired Assassins – Sanctum Of Rall

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Shibbi Shwing.4689

I am digging hard on this match up. Haven’t had a chance to get in yet today to see how it held up over night, but [RVR] is having a blast, especially going against the Knights of Beer and Glory I think were the name? You guys might wanna drink less (or more) next time =)

This match up I think is going to be the ideal “check out what real WvW is” unless it’s somehow gotten insane over night. Everything was very close last night.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

TurtleMuncher.9750

Intense battles going on at IoJ Borderlands, non-stop back and forth between all 3 servers for like 12 hours now, good sht.

IoJ Garrison op lol.

MERC

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

@ turtle (no really, why do quotes just decide to break)

Fun stuff going on at the FA keep there too. There’s like, 7 of us facing down 25 or so SoS (not counting the 10 who are defending the redlake supply camp) at the gates.

Sidenote: destroying an enemy trebuchet because they built it inside mortar range is just the best feeling.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Monte.5013

Monte.5013

pfft all I know is FA totally owned that orb last night, I believe it was IoJ’s. Seas of Sorrows decided to keep attacking our single tower for most of the night too until they finally woke up and took AB while we defended the orb. Quite obvious no one is ganging up on anyone else. Also keeping tabs on eternal as we played last night and that looked amazingly equal and all over the place. In the end, FA totally won in IoJ borderlands imho but the scores were within 100 points for most of the night overall.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Zenyatoo.4059

pfft all I know is FA totally owned that orb last night, I believe it was IoJ’s. Seas of Sorrows decided to keep attacking our single tower for most of the night too until they finally woke up and took AB while we defended the orb. Quite obvious no one is ganging up on anyone else. Also keeping tabs on eternal as we played last night and that looked amazingly equal and all over the place. In the end, FA totally won in IoJ borderlands imho but the scores were within 100 points for most of the night overall.

Yeah I havent gotten to play over the night which is my usual time. Logged on this morning to see EBG going just fine (all territory owned besides speldan, and SMC) but the borderlands lacking, and in one borderlands our holdings including a single keep and just that keep. So I hopped on to help. It looks like this bracket is going to be a lot of fun though. So we’ll see how the week progresses.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Shibbi Shwing.4689

My boys and I were in Sea of Sorrows last night, takin yo’ orbs, killin’ yo friends and family members.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Glaucon.6298

Glaucon.6298

My boys and I were in Sea of Sorrows last night, takin yo’ orbs, killin’ yo friends and family members.

He’s climbing in yo window, he’s snatching yo people up….

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Stiggz.8421

Stiggz.8421

Props to FA for a tenacious siege of DB last night. We were stressed out to the max with SoS in greenbriar and you guys in the garrison. This is what wvw is all about. Siege. Supply. Logistics. Numbers. Raid Groups. It was all rolling last night and we had a blast even when we were in a bind.

Ztiggs
The Guardians

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Shibbi Shwing.4689

Glaucon.6298

He’s climbing in yo window, he’s snatching yo people up….

Hide yo kids, hide yo girlfriend, hide yo wife

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

greetings to Fort Aspenwood from nMe and the BP alliance, your map looks nice in green today

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Zenyatoo.4059

greetings to Fort Aspenwood from nMe and the BP alliance, your map looks nice in green today

Clearly we just let you take them because we think an aspenwood should be nice and green. ;__;

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Brasnite.2034

Brasnite.2034

It got pretty intense on IoJ Borderlands last night. SoS and FA hitting Garrison at the same time. Also, SoS wiping at Garrison after killing the Keep Lord. It was a very good fight. Many edge of my seat moments.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Awesome fighting last night (im from SoS)

Was an amazing free for all on stomemist for like an hour…even though we didn’t take it from IOJ it was some of the funnest times I have had in WvWvW….

hats off to everybody for putting up a great fight so far.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Monte.5013

Monte.5013

I am here to detract my comments, on friday night it was all tight, but over this morning my fellow FA-anites have appeared dropped the ball.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Zenyatoo.4059

I am here to detract my comments, on friday night it was all tight, but over this morning my fellow FA-anites have appeared dropped the ball.

Welcome to FA day crews compared to FA night crews.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Shibbi Shwing.4689

This has been an amazing match up. As of 20 minutes ago, FA and SoS are within 100 points of each other.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Rashim.7405

Rashim.7405

Hey, pro-tip guys from SoS and FA, if you see a big norn necro jump into your Zerg, ignore him. He will just live through everything!

Honestly though, I’m loving this match up! [RvR]‘s love a good fight! Also, [FUN], y’all are kittens for camping EB puzzle!

Ever seen an unkillable necromancer from IOJ? You’ve seen Rashim, Lichmaster of the Reavers.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

FA is just camping the jumping puzzles now, pathetic

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Morthis.3968

Morthis.3968

^

Doesn’t get it.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

FA is just camping the jumping puzzles now, pathetic

You are there to WvW, not jump around.

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

was hilarious, for like 3-4 hours this morning we chased SoS around the entire map as they did nothing but take our supply camps. we cut them off intentionally at titanpaw a few times and crushed them in every ‘scuffle’ we had. they seemed more interested in running than actual fighting even though at times their numbers were greater than ours. dunno what was up. with the way their characters were behaving it seems like some guy was multiboxing 30 accounts and would just runa round capturing points and not fighting anything

CD

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Muzak.1508

Muzak.1508

I’m just glad this week is more entertaining than last with ET around…

Muzaak – [MB] Mirage Brigade
80 Necromancer
Sea of Sorrows

@Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: motku.2354

motku.2354

This was a fun match. Speaking from FA’s side; I think we did alright. Sure, we lost our maps to the “night crew” (relative to geographical location), but during peak hours we were more than adept.

FA, good work!
SoS, keep runnning!
IoJ, pat yourselves on the back, and pet some kittens.

Persea – [BOMB]
King of the Avocados, Master of Lies, ONE FEWER Assblaster, OG Milkshaker
Fort Aspenwood WvWer