Issues granting Season reward chests

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

Any requests or tickets refer you back to this thread, after they review it.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

at this point, even if every remaining person who was still affected by this quit the game, it would probably cost them less money in terms of lost gem sales and lost reputation than it would cost them to actually fix it (including the opportunity cost of time spent fixing this means time not spent on something else).

this is simply something you have to accept in online gaming. sometimes, your problem simply won’t get fixed, not because you don’t deserve it but simply because time taken to work on this is time not spent on more important issues.

-ken

You’re right. But this thread should be kept alive so people are reminded of and are aware of Anet’s broken promises.

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

Yes ken, the path to continuous improvement lies in the practice of shrugging ones shoulders and just chalking it up as a loss….Every job/company has bean counters, the problem here is: they acknowledge there is a problem, they claim they will fix it. They have fixed some of it, this is probably one of those areas where instead of trying to wax philosophical, you should probably just move on to another thread that concerns you friend.

there are many paths to continuous improvement, and not every path is an improvement in every way. sometimes improvements in one area make things worse in other areas, and sometimes pursuing an improvement that is regarded as “more important” means abandoning improvements in “less important” areas.

as you’ve pointed out, they have fixed some of it, which is evidence that they made an effort — they did not simply shrug their shoulders. it is unfair for you to characterize abandoning the problem now as “just chalking it up as a loss” and walking away.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

bob.8632

it is unfair for you to characterize abandoning the problem now as “just chalking it up as a loss” and walking away.

-ken

That was essentially your suggestion not mine….Mine is to file tickets and remind them of the fact that a company should “do what they say they are going to do”. Otherwise they can find some other form of compensation, etc. IE: make the situation right, but do not stick your head in the sand and think that your playerbase is gonna all be like ’ol Ken here and say: “meh whatever, maybe I will get a reward like EVERY OTHER PLAYER IN THE GAME, next time….”

in WvW

bob.8632

Bumped again, as the 2nd season is drawing to a close.

in WvW

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

wait so i AM supposed to get my wvw chest? i thought it didnt end til the 30th!

i didnt get one and i have not transfered servers (this season)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

@duke they are talking season 1 here

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

bob.8632

@duke they are talking season 1 here

Yes season 1…Sad as it seems, people are still waiting on their reward for the achievement.

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

still waiting as well

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: DonRobeez.3560

DonRobeez.3560

Me too, some information would be nice.

Infested Kerrigan I [TaG]
Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GloryKittens

in WvW

Posted by: Ignis.6195

Ignis.6195

Just got my tickets for season 2, but the key for season 1 reward chest is still in my inventory. Situation B.

There has been a few red posts lately, so maybe we’ll get an answer to this as well? Worth a try at least.

in WvW

Posted by: Almogfrd.9270

Almogfrd.9270

hopefully we’ll be able to exchange the season 1 key for the chest at the new vendor coming june 3rd? :>>

(edited by Almogfrd.9270)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Here’s our current status on granting the missing Season reward chests. If you’re still in the same region (NA or EU) as you were when the Season began, you’re in situation A. Otherwise, you’re in situation B.

Situation A (still in the same region):
When the Edge of the Mists map is released, it will come with a code fix to grant you the appropriate Season reward when you next load into any map on any character.

Situation B (now in a different region):
We’re still finalizing the solution for this issue. It will be in soon after the Edge of the Mists map. Current setups we’re looking at are along the lines of talking to an NPC or loading into a particular map; either would be with any character.

Thanks for any patience extended while we work the kinks out of a new system.

There’s not a single date in your posting.

We need dates since some have gotten their “rewards” for THIS season and many more are still awaiting them from last season as well as this season.

Dates please.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

GUYS, just so you KNOW:

THIS topis isn’t about ArenaNet’s FAILURE in giving people their season TWO chests.

NO, it’s about how ArenaNet has STILL not given some people their season ONE rewards.

Join the LINE when asking about your season TWO things. And HOPE they won’t take as LONG as they have to give you your STUFF.

in WvW

bob.8632

Yes still waiting on S1 rewards, GL with you S2 people….

in WvW

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

ANET! Played GW1 4y, playing this from headstart. OUTRAGEOUS situation!
/double_facepalm since one ain’t enough…

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

in WvW

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Small question, I logged on with my guardian who was in the mid 40’s when I saw the season chests finally come out, so I jumped into EoTM real quick to collect and without thinking opened it getting a bunch of greens. Was this the result from opening it as a level 80 as well or did I unfortunately screw myself over?

I still got my tokens and the big jug of liquid wxp but I was told we were getting a asc weapon of choice, so hoping I didn’t mess that up.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in WvW

Posted by: Alvain.7364

Alvain.7364

Nope, everyone got greens and blues.

in WvW

Posted by: Master Togo.4281

Master Togo.4281

Where is my WvW S2 reward chest ? I have done all AP for WvW S2 and still waiting for that incredible Chest to spawn. For real anet, this is another disapointment.

Ingame: King Of Black Gate
Home: Black Gate
Guild: We The Farmers [WTF]

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Thread mini-necro to bump it up passed the existing season 2 problems, because the fact that this thread is still relevant is deeply amusing!

in WvW

Posted by: BootyWarrior.5243

BootyWarrior.5243

Wow, just wow, after all this time, kitten, Anet sure takes their time…

in WvW

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS!

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

in WvW

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

It’s very worrying to know the S1 issues aren’t solved, and now S2 has another set of problems…I fear the possibility those of us who haven’t gotten the tickets yet wont get them till S3 or later xD

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Fixed an issue preventing some players from purchasing gems using PayPal.

Its a good thing they are on top of bugs as quickly as possiable….

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

this kitten QQ thread is for season 1 reward? wtf!, i want my 2nd season reward pls fix it anet you have the whole season 2 of wvw tourney to figure out and yet you manage to not award a bunchhhhhhhhhhhhhh of your players. now that you already move the season 2 meta to the meta history im glad i took a screenshots so i better, i mean we better get it and not wait like this season 1 players that is still waiting. why so much epic fail on your sides anet.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in WvW

Posted by: Johnathan Ralston.5871

Johnathan Ralston.5871

I was sent here via my support ticket by GM Anduil.

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Aaaaaand that’s EXACTLY what happens when u make everything be automatic.

Why not …. u know… just manually send Reward X to List Y after u see the last standings after the reset which u already have.

It’s a 30 min thing u had to do to pass through all tiers….First place Second place Third place and All the others.

in WvW

Posted by: Alvain.7364

Alvain.7364

I got infracted for posting here the last time, but this thread is still relevant and important. I’m guessing it’s the same bug as season 1, so you guys should probably try to keep this thread in focus and up and alive.

in WvW

Posted by: Droolydog.6082

Droolydog.6082

Still didn’t get my season 1 chest, but I don’t care anymore.

I just wanted a clear answer from the team responsible for this, so I can either get rid of that key for good, or keep it for a, let’s say, replacement or “consolation” prize.

I’d be happy with, let’s say, 100 gold? Or maybe 5 Black Lion Chest keys? Or 10 Laurels?

Maybe even all of the above?

Either way, I just need some closure.

in WvW

Posted by: Botinhas.2018

Botinhas.2018

You will never have closure, just destroy it like i did, waste of space for crappy rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

I already got my “big chest”, the important one; I and my friends did it. We win the EU WWW spring tournament – 2 season.

I’m going to tell you Anet watt are my concerns, and they must be yours to. I’m worried when I see massive numbers of players disappearing from the game and from WWW, Baruch Bay is dropping 6 places this week, Vizunah Square is a pale shadow.

Your communication with WWW players it’s a complete disaster.

in WvW

DonRobeez.3560

Quoting this from Season 2 thread.

Tournament rewards for the World vs. World Spring 2014 Tournament will be available in the June 17th build. Once that build is live, you will be able to speak to the Battle Historian in any WvW map to get an updated tournament chest that has the correct rewards and number of tickets for your placement. Previously issued tickets will be voided with the build. Feel free to open any chests that you have already received now.

To thank you for your patience while we sorted out this bug, all players who completed the meta achievement will receive an additional 100 tickets.

Thank you once again for your understanding.

Only season 2 fix has been mentioned.
NOTHING about season 1.

Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Thanks for the info. I would rather be patient and wait until you figure it out and get it right rather than go the “are we there yet???? route.” I think you guys have been working on it and appreciate the time and effort you are putting in to get this resolved. There are so many other things in this game to do so I will be working on those goals while you work on yours. Thanks again.

in WvW

Posted by: Glaurung.1076

Glaurung.1076

Seriously? Still no info about this? Have they forgotten it? Just give us the chest already!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Brega.6920

Brega.6920

Still no season 1 reward chest. Any new information about this issue would be appreciated.

Tarnished Coast – Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]

in WvW

Posted by: Droolydog.6082

Droolydog.6082

Thanks for the info. I would rather be patient and wait until you figure it out and get it right rather than go the “are we there yet???? route.” I think you guys have been working on it and appreciate the time and effort you are putting in to get this resolved. There are so many other things in this game to do so I will be working on those goals while you work on yours. Thanks again.

You, sir, are (for lack of a word that won’t get me banned) a sycophant.

Please refrain from posting if you actually don’t have any complaints.

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

Almost my entire guild is still waiting on Season 1 chests. We still have the keys but no rewards. Please Anet fix this issue.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Johaocarl.5430

Johaocarl.5430

I am waiting for my wvw chest…

João Carlos

in WvW

DonRobeez.3560

Guess Season 1 is being ignored.
Any form of communication is appreciated..

Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Garvak.2365

Garvak.2365

…Its been this long and nothing…we need a more direct way to contact Anet because this is getting ridiculous. Waiting a few days? Fine. A week? Okay…But this? Seriously? This is absolutely absurd and I feel we deserve a little extra compensation now for this.

in WvW

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

When is this going to be resolved?! It’s now two weeks overdue.

in WvW

Brega.6920

When is this going to be resolved?! It’s now two weeks overdue.

I suggest you reread the OP. This thread is about the issue of people that did not receive their Season 1 Reward Chest.

in WvW

Posted by: O Nuxtofulakas.2936

O Nuxtofulakas.2936

Still waiting for season 1 Reward chest…..
I cannot understand why they didn’t fix it together with spring tournament rewards they delivered today…

in WvW

DonRobeez.3560

I quote this from the season 2 thread.

If you are in this situation, please submit a ticket to Customer Support. They will assist you in transferring to collect your Tournament rewards.

Thank you.

Hope we can get the same for our season 1 rewards!

Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Brega.6920

I quote this from the season 2 thread.

If you are in this situation, please submit a ticket to Customer Support. They will assist you in transferring to collect your Tournament rewards.

Thank you.

Hope we can get the same for our season 1 rewards!

The issue from that thread does not affect me. I never transfer to EU. I’m still on the same NA sever my guild transferd to in Oct of ’12.

in WvW

DonRobeez.3560

I contacted support once again for season 1 rewards and they redirected me here.
They told me it’s the best way to get in contact with the developers.

So dear developers, any news?

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by DonRobeez.3560)

in WvW

Posted by: zolton.4350

zolton.4350

Heh i wrote them with a ticket as well and they are less then helpful.

Message sent:

I received not a single WvW Tournament Claim Ticket so far. And do not know where or how i’m meant to receive them. So is there a reason that i did not receive any? And where might i go to receive them. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Response:

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Customer Support to inquire about your World-versus-World tournament rewards.

Now that the June 17th update has been introduced, please speak to the Battle Historian in any WvW map to get an updated tournament chest. That chest will contain the correct rewards and number of tickets for your placement in the tournament. You may sell any tokens received prior to the June 17th update to a vendor or you may destroy them, as you desire. Feel free to open any chests that you already have received and keep those rewards.

To thank you for your patience while we sorted out this issue, all players who completed the meta achievement will receive an additional 100 tickets.

Thank you once again for your understanding.

Regards,

Guild Wars 2 Support Team

My response:

I did not receive any tournament chests although in my achievements window
it clearly shows i participated. And i did not get the meta achieved i do
not think. And when i talk to the historian nothing shows up at all.

Their response:

Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: http://forum.guildwars2.com

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

So not sure what is going on or what they are planning to do or are doing. But i never transferred at all at any time……….And i feel for those who have not received rewards from season 1. So i’m still on the server i started on with 0 transfers so its not just a transferring problem i think. But the blanket response i received does leave me more then a little concerned at this point.

in WvW

Brega.6920

@zolton.4350

We’re sorry you have reached the thread about Season 1 Rewards, if you feel you’ve reached this thread in error please check the thread and try your post again.

in WvW

Posted by: Ignis.6195

Ignis.6195

@zolton : For season 2 reward problems go here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Cannot-get-my-Season-2-reward/first

…So yeah, I decided to contact customer support since devs recommended that method for season 2 reward problems as well. It’s a bit silly conversation so I might as well post it here.

Sent: (headline: “Still missing season 1 rewards”)
“I am still missing my WvW season 1 reward chest like many others. I transferred from NA (Sanctum of Rall) to EU (Gunnar’s Hold) on the last week of season 1.
It has been over six months already. Please fix this.

PS. Don’t direct me to the “Issues granting Season reward chests” thread. I’ve read through it already. The last dev post, which was 5 months ago, says that the issue will be solved " soon after the Edge of the Mists map". When is this “soon”?"

Recieved:
“Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Customer Support to inquire about your World-versus-World tournament rewards.

Now that the June 17th update has been introduced, please speak to the Battle Historian in any WvW map to get an updated tournament chest. That chest will contain the correct rewards and number of tickets for your placement in the tournament. You may sell any tokens received prior to the June 17th update to a vendor or you may destroy them, as you desire. Feel free to open any chests that you already have received and keep those rewards.

To thank you for your patience while we sorted out this issue, all players who completed the meta achievement will receive an additional 100 tickets.

Thank you once again for your understanding."

Sent:
“Greetings,
As much as I appreciate getting the season 2 rewards, those are not what I meant. I have gotten my season 2 rewards.
I meant season ONE rewards. The June 17th update didn’t fix those. Any info on the fix for season 1 rewards?”

Recieved:
“Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: http://forum.guildwars2.com

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns."

TL;DR
…I don’t really know what to say. I clearly tell about season 1 problems in my first post and they reply me with an automatic-looking reply for season 2 reward problems. Then I basically repeat what I said and I get a reply that they are working on it still. Looks like I got same replies as zolton, even though we were talking about different seasons. In reality, they probably aren’t working on S1 rewards anymore.

(edited by Ignis.6195)

in WvW

DonRobeez.3560

I get EXACTLY the same response while I clearly state Season 1.

Topic: Transfer Request to obtain my season 1 reward on NA server.

Sent:
I have been waiting over 6 months for Arenanet to fix season 1 reward.
As myself and many others still have not received it yet due to transfer issues.

Now the same problem just raised up again with season 2.
Now finally one of your team members (Jessica Boettiger in particular) said I could contact support so I could transfer to NA to obtain my reward and then back to EU.

So hereby I request a possibility to transfer and obtain my reward.

Received:
Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Customer Support to inquire about your World-versus-World tournament rewards.

We understand you didn’t receive the Reward Tickets. In order to investigate the issue we will need the following information:

Did transfer to a different world?
If so, please provide us the date you transferred.
The name of your previous home world.

We’ll get back to you as quickly as possible after receiving your reply.

Regards,

GM EGO

Sent:
Hey thanks for the reply.

1. I transferred from EU to NA and few weeks later back to EU.
2. I can’t recall the exact date but it was near the beginning of WvW Season 1.
3. When I visited NA I was in Jade Quarry for the few weeks I was there.

Received:
Hello Robert,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have transferred your account to Jade Quarry for you to obtain your WvW Rewards. Please get back to us once your have received your rewards so we can transfer you back to your previous EU server.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

GM Faust

Sent:
Hey thanks for transferring me.

Sadly I am not getting my Season 1 reward here either.
I tried some things but none of them worked.
- I tried getting in every borderland.
- I tried logging in on every character.
- I tried getting into WvW with the WvW Season 1 Reward Chest key.

Is there a possibility that I get a mail or something with the Season 1 Reward Chest from the server I was associated with?

Received:
Hello Robert,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re still having trouble claiming your rewards.

Thank you once again for your understanding, we look forward for your reply.

Regards,

GM Khal

Sent:
You are misunderstanding me.
I am talking about WvW Season 1, NOT season 2.

Talking to the Battle Historian does NOT give me my season 1 reward chest.

Received:
Hello Robert,

Thank you for providing us with further details.

We apologize for the mistake as you were referring to the WvW season 2 rewards in your original request and this particular fix only works for Season 2 rewards, we’ve now returned you to your original server, at this point of you did not received the rewards for season 2 nor the extra tickets you might have not completed the meta achievement. Regarding the season 1, we recommend for you to post your issue at the forums since this is the best way to get to the development team.

We really appreciate your comprehension.

Regards,

GM Khal

And finally I sent back:

No, the forums is not the best way to contact developers.
I (and others) have been posting about this for 6 months.
The developers are not communicating with us at all.
They only show awareness of season 2.
I would suggest you take a look at this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Issues-granting-Season-reward-chests

Hopefully you refer a developer to this thread and give us a reply.
Letting players wait for 6 months unanswered is unacceptable.
Since this is not a problem on the player side, we atleast deserve a reply.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by DonRobeez.3560)