It was balanced!!! ... for ~5 hours.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhase.2047

Rhase.2047

Then I logged in this afternoon to see blue already has nearly QUADRUPLE our score and control of the entire map. (42k to 11k to 13k) OVERNIGHT.

But those 5 hours were the most fun I’ve had in WvW. It literally kept me awake til 2:30 am my time. Are any servers at all experiencing close matchups? This steamroll crap totally ruins any form of fun, and now that I’ve tasted the edge of your seat every-camp-matters type of gameplay WvW should ALWAYS be, I want more.

It’s actually quite depressing to think about how much work we put into holding a slight edge over the other teams last night. And now it’s completely irrelevent. The leaders capped all 3 orbs overnight and have them in insanely defended keeps (we breached one such keep twice last night, but the entire interior was nothing but arrowcarts and death. I hit the keeplord once, we were THAT close.)

I hate to be a debbie downer, but it’s hard to NOT give up. I never used to, but I’m finding that it’s always the same old kittenpoop and it’s not gonna change no matter how much I try. On top of low morale, there’s no way in hell we can take it back when they have all three orbs in such a guarded position.

The buff is too strong combined with their fortifications, so now it’s likely just going to be another week of getting slaughtered. And red keeps attacking us instead of them in a weak attempt to even stay on the board. So we’ll just squabble uselessly back and forth and accomplish nothing, while blue goes on to a 300k score.

Big server people come in and say “stop whining” because they’rekitten off waiting in a long Q, small server people come in and say “just have fun!” as they take supply from keeps to build flame rams on randomkitten hills, alt tabbed in the forums. Meh I would rather just not play.

Thanks for entertaining my rant.

in WvW

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

Out of curiosity, what server are you from? TC here.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: elvy.9085

elvy.9085

You should feel lucky at least they get your orbs without cheating, wish we could say same in our matchup

The hack create a bug, we can’t even take back the orbs.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Stop playing WvW to win points.

Start playing because its a video game. Points come as they may. They really dont mean anything to me.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Kiviar.7063

Kiviar.7063

He is talking about the Anvil Rock borderlands battle if i am not mistaken. Was a very fun match until Northern Shiverpeaks started getting a large population advantage on us.

As of now I think its pretty safe to say Northern Shiverpeaks have won this match, and we are in for another week of losing and desertion.

Stop playing WvW to win points.

Start playing because its a video game. Points come as they may. They really dont mean anything to me.

Losing is not fun, this is not Dwarf Fortress. It is not fun to be outnumbered 2:1 and not be able to accomplish anything. It is not fun to grind against a keep for four hours, win it, and then have it taken back in minutes because the servers start crashing and half your server drops and are unable to come back because the login server is down.

in WvW

Posted by: Fed.8594

Fed.8594

Free transfers while these week long games are going on are killing the servers that are getting stomped, why put up with a week of getting stomped when you can simply transfer off? Anet is keeping up transfers for PVE reasons… very bad move.

in WvW

Posted by: Kiviar.7063

Kiviar.7063

Free transfers while these week long games are going on are killing the servers that are getting stomped, why put up with a week of getting stomped when you can simply transfer off? Anet is keeping up transfers for PVE reasons… very bad move.

The transfers hurt that is true. But the real problem is as far as i can tell there is no mechanic aside from the useless outnumbered buff to balance player population in battlegrounds. If there was a system which would not allow new players from team A and B to join if team C was heavily outnumbered then there would be a more even playing field.

As it stands now the second someone gets a population advantage they win, that is it. I could have told you yesterday when the queue population figures were out that N Shiver were going to dominate this round, because they have on average 30 more people on than Anvil does.

People will cry you just need to get more skilled, but this would not really help. You can do surgical strikes on supply, you can raid towers with 10 people, and we did these things, and we won fights all over the map. But, when they come to your tower and you have 15 people defending and they have 50, you lose no level of skill can stop that.

More is more, and will always be more is the moral of the story here.

in WvW

Posted by: Fed.8594

Fed.8594

As it stands now the second someone gets a population advantage they win, that is it. I could have told you yesterday when the queue population figures were out that N Shiver were going to dominate this round, because they have on average 30 more people on than Anvil does.

That’s a great point. If a server is being totally outmanned, making each player on the smaller force hit harder and last longer will keep the pvp flowing.