Its all paper... A shift in WvW thinking.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Months of WvW play have finally hardened my heart towards holding objectives. Rather than QQ my suggestion is don’t defend. Let em have it. If we make everything really easy to flip for each other we get more loot/points, less stress trying to wrangle others who have given up defending and about as many points at the end of the week. Garri is an exception because that waypoint is sweet.

Want that ascended item quicker or higher WvW ranks? Get off that wall and tear up some paper! Want to see other players progress quickly? Leave the keys in the door on your way out.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Wat? A BP player is saying this? The kings of waypointing our keeps. I may have just lost all hope.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

As long as I have been on BP (about 5 months) we have always preferred holding Keeps on BLs for the server points. I say kitten that… down with Glicko and lets bring back the epic Karma trains from the first days of WvW.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

Autorun,stop to cap,autorun etc etc,that’s all WvW was yesterday.We had 10 patrolling Deso BL’s today everything under control.And our zerg beamed in from somewhere and took over what was left.I actually felt hostility towards it.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Tietus.8013

Tietus.8013

I ran with our server zerg for a bit yesterday. Some of the comments from some of the players re: how great this all was made me want to vomit. First time we hit a keep that had a decent force defending, about 1/3 died from the initial defender push. I left…

[VR] Tietus
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Have you seen Wahii’s suggestion?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/A-real-guild-war-My-WvW-dream/

Put the onus on guilds to claim, and then defend their claims, by paying some sort of currency.

Like you said no one cares about the points…but a guild earning something unique would care about it.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Months of WvW play have finally hardened my heart towards holding objectives. Rather than QQ my suggestion is don’t defend. Let em have it. If we make everything really easy to flip for each other we get more loot/points, less stress trying to wrangle others who have given up defending and about as many points at the end of the week. Garri is an exception because that waypoint is sweet.

Want that ascended item quicker or higher WvW ranks? Get off that wall and tear up some paper! Want to see other players progress quickly? Leave the keys in the door on your way out.

ANet, do you hear that? That’s the sound of people who really, really wanted to play WvW the way you originally designed it no longer having the least bit of faith you know how to run it.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Wait it isnt this right now? … IoJs been playing wrong by capping all of HoD and SF things paper then and constantly just letting them recap for wxp?

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: spalt.6938

spalt.6938

Wait it isnt this right now? … IoJs been playing wrong by capping all of HoD and SF things paper then and constantly just letting them recap for wxp?

To be fair, IoJ is ahead by like 120k points. Really not much point to upgrade much on the final day of the week. It think what the commanders are doing makes sense.

EDIT: What I mean to say is keeps/towers are actually upgraded/defended more vigorously earlier in the week where points are close and less when the win in secured (such as when you currently have almost double the amount of points as the next server on the last day before reset).

(edited by spalt.6938)

in WvW

Straegen.2938

In my experience, a small (but often vocal) part of a servers WvW population get really irritated when we a server is “losing” or players won’t show up to help defend even though they are on the map. My suggestion is really focused at those players even if a server already has the paper philosophy. Just let it go… stop caring about the transient score, upgrades, defense, etc.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

I don’t mind losing towers. What I hate is that this causes and encourages people to avoid fighting other players. Then it’s just one zerg following the other taking what they flipped. It gets boring and lame very fast.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

(edited by Elochai.1280)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I don’t mind losing towers. What I hate is that this causes and encourages people to avoid fighting other players. Then it’s just one zerg following the other taking what they flipped. It gets boring and lame very fast.

Faster recap less ppt lost, more effectiveness ?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

What he means is that BP lost to SBI and in it’s shame they are going to PvE in WvW in atonement.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Garri is an exception because that waypoint is sweet.

this is the point. maps have no strategic points to hold. if anet thinks people are gonna defend for points or server pride or for permanent finishers or better loot they are wrong.

why i would defend craig would be because without holding craig, enemy server can take garri, and while i hold craig garri and whole north pard of map is closed to them.

who would build towers 200m from strategic choke point!?

in WvW

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

i’m having flashbacks to Alterac Valley from WoW. What started as a battleground with 40v40 epic battles and slow pushes across the map that could last for days, turned into a race to kill the other sides NPCs, with horde and alliance /waving as they pass each other.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

i’m having flashbacks to Alterac Valley from WoW. What started as a battleground with 40v40 epic battles and slow pushes across the map that could last for days, turned into a race to kill the other sides NPCs, with horde and alliance /waving as they pass each other.

Good, use your aggressive feelings. Let the hate flow through you. Embrace the paper!

What he means is that BP lost to SBI and in it’s shame they are going to PvE in WvW in atonement.

M… k… Good to know some people still care about being in the middle of the pack. We beat you last time, you beat us this time… it doesn’t matter is what I am REALLY trying to say.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Why even bother WvWing if u just PvD for the points? It’s basicly PvE with a lot less rewards. It’s just as bad as keep hugging T3 stuff and build thousand siege inside and never step a foot out of to face enemy on open field.

WvW is about wrecking other people… with your character, not some lousy AC on a T3 wall.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

cg, you finally got it, capturing only is future!

4ever roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Faster recap less ppt lost, more effectiveness ?

I’m mostly out there for fun via large and small scale fights with other players. If I wanted to pve that much I’d go play pve. Score means nothing to me if I’m not having fun.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: LadyHorus.8214

LadyHorus.8214

The dreaded Karma Train was the exact reason I left my first server. Funny, ever since WXP, everyone seems to want to do that more than actually trying to do something productive or fun. :| I remember the epic battles for a keep or garrison wether we were the attackers or defenders. I miss when people actually cared. Now, people look for p v door more than they do pvp. In fact… some of our zergs seem to avoid all conflict altogether. Not my definition of what wvw should be.

Rosangela Marie: 80 Mesmer • Rosangela: 80 Elementalist
MAGUUMA
My Artworks! - Lady Horus Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

The dreaded Karma Train was the exact reason I left my first server. Funny, ever since WXP, everyone seems to want to do that more than actually trying to do something productive or fun. :| I remember the epic battles for a keep or garrison wether we were the attackers or defenders. I miss when people actually cared. Now, people look for p v door more than they do pvp. In fact… some of our zergs seem to avoid all conflict altogether. Not my definition of what wvw should be.

You should rep a guild that doesn’t focus on karma training

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy