Its time to migrate to Discord

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Its easier to use and has more features including proper role/permissions management. Why is everyone still using ts3? i mean i know it still works and its not terrible but honestly how long would it take for servers to take the free upgrade?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Short answer. CCOMS.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I like Discord, but I am not heavy user or the one setting it up. I would guess people stick to what they are used to, and do not want to change it easily.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

I like Discord, but I am not heavy user or the one setting it up. I would guess people stick to what they are used to, and do not want to change it easily.

I get that its the “if it aint broke done fix it” mentality. but also im sure everyone here wouldnt mind the a new motherboard loaded with an i9 cpu right? upgrades are nice.

in WvW

Posted by: atticus.5284

atticus.5284

Discord makes money by selling your user data and usage history – that alone gives me pause.

in WvW

Posted by: Odinens.5920

Odinens.5920

Why is everyone still using ts3?

Because, if you take the time to learn all the ins and outs of TS3 you’ll see that it’s much better than you think. If you’re just a regular player hopping into a channel then yeah, you don’t really notice anything, and think maybe discord is easier to use. You have a whole lot of control as the “owner” of a TS server tho.

Also, I want a good VoiP program, not a good social media platform with VoiP.

in WvW

Posted by: Amawyn.1925

Amawyn.1925

Discord makes money by selling your user data and usage history – that alone gives me pause.

haha maybe u should stop using Windows 10 too.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Discord is just the come lately chat system. It was TS before and still is to a point that the thing about these programs they come and go and ppl chose to use them or not but by no means should that means gw2 or other games used them. Gw2 is a pc game not a system game so its better to lets your player base chose what they want to run.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

There is no voice whisper feature.
There is no nested channel feature.
There is no individual text channel.
Permissions wise is not as extensive as ts3.

The only two good things about discord are the web interface and free.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

yesterday i uninstalled that kitten from my pc..

first it was
msn/icq
then ts2 took over
then skype kicked in for contacting people
then ts3/ventrillo took over ts2
then discord popped up

i dont even see how discord is better then having one on skype tbh..
discord is like these old school chat box sites where u just flame the hell out of everybody and reconnect with different name and do it again untill u got perma ban..

maybe im just to old for this kitten but i dont like discord at all..

in WvW

Posted by: Pewbezlol.2470

Pewbezlol.2470

Twitch voice>discord>Facebook messenger>whatsapp>TS3.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Pros and cons to each system. Discord is basically a chat room with voice comms and it’s growing but do I really want to log on everyday and read through everything thats posted and try and manage posts from a juvenile WvW community?

I mean, I might…

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

I don’t like Discord because you can’t control its behavior on startup. Sticking with teamspeak.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Discord feels very much like having teamchat outside of the game, a glorified shoutbox, and for that it is wonderful. It allows for rather immediate ad-hoc communication in ways that you cannot use TS3 or a forum for.

One reason I feel that it doesn’t get adopted though is related to how much Discord is designed more for a single team than as a platform for hosting multiple teams; hence why it still lacks CComs.

The other reason is related to how free/easy it is to set up your own Discord server. Discord so far doesn’t give much of a reason why, say a guild, wouldn’t just set up their own Discord versus using a server community Discord.

If Discord were to implement a CComs function and nested channels with some sort of auto-creation of a text channel for voice channels I think we’d see wider migration to it from TS3.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

Short answer. CCOMS.

This, period. And discord isn’t better, it has a lot of annoying features IMO.

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I believe a majority of players have discord accounts at this point.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Discord feels very much like having teamchat outside of the game, a glorified shoutbox, and for that it is wonderful. It allows for rather immediate ad-hoc communication in ways that you cannot use TS3 or a forum for.

One reason I feel that it doesn’t get adopted though is related to how much Discord is designed more for a single team than as a platform for hosting multiple teams; hence why it still lacks CComs.

The other reason is related to how free/easy it is to set up your own Discord server. Discord so far doesn’t give much of a reason why, say a guild, wouldn’t just set up their own Discord versus using a server community Discord.

If Discord were to implement a CComs function and nested channels with some sort of auto-creation of a text channel for voice channels I think we’d see wider migration to it from TS3.

Yes, I am responding in perspective of a server usage, afterall, ts3 is mainly a server-wide choice than a guild choice. Discord works well for a guild, not so for a server.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

use what ppl use so you have less problems

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

i for one will not use discord for privacy reasons

in WvW

Posted by: Overcast.5612

Overcast.5612

Discord’s voice quality is garbagggeeeeee. Period.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Short answer. CCOMS.

^This

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Seasniffer.1763

Seasniffer.1763

The only legit reason not to use Discord is CCOMs, and half of you kittenheads probably don’t even use CCOMs.

Discord works fine for everything else. We’ve (JQ server and it’s guilds) been using it for a year. The only thing you lose is CCOMs.

Big Daddy Thorton – GM of Strike Force [SF]
President of Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Gotta say, these “ZOMG DISCORD SO GREAT” threads are kind of a turn-off.

Tried it. It’s fine. I’d use it if that was the thing everyone else used, but it isn’t, so I don’t.

Simple as that.

It’s just another passable voice comm system like all the rest.

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I recommend that you remove your probably modern intel processor, and uninstall your copy of either windows or OSX. And you should probably unplug your router.

Oh, and never use your phone. In fact, you should probably avoid VOIP entirely, at least for another few years.

I recommend getting an old thinkpad, you know. One of the ones that has been fully reverse engineered. And running OpenBSD on it.

Oh, and by the way.

The TeamSpeak privacy policy isn’t the only privacy policy you agree to when using TeamSpeak.

The server host? You know, the third party server host?

The one that stores & transfers all your messages & VOIP communication?

Yeah. Every server you hop onto is a gamble as to whether or not they sell your information.

Have fun with that!

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

TS is far superior to Discord.

Discord can NOT set up as many sub-channels and organize those with large amounts of separation in the UI. This is a big deal for a server wide voip.

Discord does NOT have nearly the permission level that TS has.

Discord does NOT support plug-ins

Discord does not integrate with GW2 api. That alone is probably a deal breaker for BG as we’ve developed auto permission system.

Discord still has issues with latency, bugs, dropping packets, etc. I.e. general dependency.

Channel ui is limited in size, scope, and user customization compared to TS.

Discord does NOT have whisper lists.

I’m sure there’s more bullet points I’m missing.

Many of us have invested a great amount of time into building and perfecting our community voip. It would be dumb to switch to a system that just is not as robust as TS. From a user perspective, you probably don’t see much, but from an administration, server leader, or guild leader perspective, TS is just great.

All that aside, as others have stated in other posts, Discord shares all your data. There is no privacy with Discord. Also, the owner is know to build and sell projects, so there is no guarentee that discord will still even be around in years to come.

Yes, Discord is prettier and able to do some things that TS can’t, like chat features. But as a gamer, why do you care about that stuff? You shouldn’t. You’re here to play a game. If you want to socialize, go get a beer.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Use Discord, TS3 and Vent. Would rate Discord as the lowest quality and it seems to get worse with more people. Discords chat is also clunky. Edge I would say Vent has over TS3 is being able to have multiple channels up and use different keys to talk into different connections. But most servers/groups are still siding on TS3. Short answer is Discord is not there yet but has some merit to keep and eye out.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Discord does not integrate with GW2 api. That alone is probably a deal breaker for BG as we’ve developed auto permission system.

That is absolutely not true. There are some really great Discord bots that integrate with GW2 api that we use to do things you cannot even do on TS3.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Discord can NOT set up as many sub-channels and organize those with large amounts of separation in the UI. This is a big deal for a server wide voip.

Can I be honest? I don’t see the attraction of this.

Every teamspeak server I’ve been on has been such a mess of channels that figuring out where anyone is, is a challenge.

Is that really any better than having a simple small number of channels in discord, and telling people if they need more “fine grained” channels, they’re free to make a discord on the fly for their needs.

Because seriously, making a temporary discord channel your guildies can use and drop out of is pretty easy. Make the invite expire after say, 30 minutes to an hour. And boom.

You’ve got that fine-grained control, but without the absolute cluttered mess that every TS Server is.

I don’t really care if people do or don’t move to discord.

I just wanted to give my 2 cents about all this “great fine-grained separation” that TS offers.

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorWunderbar.5037

DoctorWunderbar.5037

TS is far superior to Discord.

Discord does NOT have nearly the permission level that TS has.

Discord does NOT support plug-ins

Discord still has issues with latency, bugs, dropping packets, etc. I.e. general dependency.

Channel ui is limited in size, scope, and user customization compared to TS.

Discord does NOT have whisper lists.

I’m sure there’s more bullet points I’m missing.

Discord can set near infinite amount of channels, both voice and text. Nested? Not at the moment but its coming soon.

What permissions do you need other than mute/kick/text? Discord has rename permissions, invite permissions, speak permissions, etc.

It does support plugins, you goof.

It does integrate with the API, you goof. Pretty much every server is running the auto verify bot, as well as a ton of other bots that use the api.

No more so than any other Teamspeak server. Can’t be dossed either (not like people in this game would do that tho xD benis)

How is channel UI limited? You get channel descriptions, unlimited users per channel, with custom permissions on who can join, speak, and have admin rights per channel.

OH NO! NO C-COMS!!!!! Good thing a lot of the user base will never ever use it, never mind guild leaders themselves using it.

All that aside, as others have stated in other posts, Discord shares all your data. There is no privacy with Discord. Also, the owner is know to build and sell projects, so there is no guarentee that discord will still even be around in years to come.

Patently false. Teamspeak isnt as private as you think it is either. Nor is any internet service.

Yes, Discord is prettier and able to do some things that TS can’t, like chat features. But as a gamer, why do you care about that stuff? You shouldn’t. You’re here to play a game. If you want to socialize, go get a beer.

Do you read what you write? Or are you a Dana White sized goof?

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

OK, so I was wrong about the API, good for them to catch up. Great, so they both do that.

Also, their plug ins are “bots?” If I’m correct? perhaps limiting? Really minor as I think most people just want an overlay. Both do that.

When I said channel interface, I was speaking of the left side where all the channels are, not the right side that shows stuff when you click on a channel. That’s a big deal. As one person said, most TSs are a mess. BGs is very clean and well organized. If people don’t want to take the time to organize their TS, it’s on them. But you can’t do that with Discord. Not nesting channels is a big deal and part of organizing and managing a whole server. One does need more permissions than what a previous poster mentioned. And I’m not just talking about /invite or /kick, multiple level of channel permissions. I think Discord has 4? Not good enough.

Look, it just can’t be argued that from an admin and organazational standpoint, TS is superior, and that’s needed for a server wide voip.

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

OK, so I was wrong about the API, good for them to catch up. Great, so they both do that.

Also, their plug ins are “bots?” If I’m correct? perhaps limiting? Really minor as I think most people just want an overlay. Both do that.

When I said channel interface, I was speaking of the left side where all the channels are, not the right side that shows stuff when you click on a channel. That’s a big deal. As one person said, most TSs are a mess. BGs is very clean and well organized. If people don’t want to take the time to organize their TS, it’s on them. But you can’t do that with Discord. Not nesting channels is a big deal and part of organizing and managing a whole server. One does need more permissions than what a previous poster mentioned. And I’m not just talking about /invite or /kick, multiple level of channel permissions. I think Discord has 4? Not good enough.

Look, it just can’t be argued that from an admin and organazational standpoint, TS is superior, and that’s needed for a server wide voip.

As far as clean and well organized go, that’s kind of a “eye of the beholder” type thing.

Getting out of TS and speaking generally here, there’s only a few ways you could really organize a server wide system.

You could go for something super basic, that wouldn’t really fit multiple guilds.

• WvW
    – EBG
    * Team 1
    * Team 2
    – Home BL

– BL 1

– BL 2
  • PvP
    – Team 1
    – Team 2
    – Team 3
  • Raids

Then to incorporate guilds, it would look like this:

• [ROLF]
    – WvW
    * EBG
  • [DOLO]
    – WvW
    * EBG

Or you could do it like this:

• WvW
    – [DOLO]
    * EBG

– [ROLF]
    * EBG

To me, the latter 2 options are a complete cluster to try and find the various groups raiding at the time.

The only one that’s really usable from a user perspective, at least to me, is the first one.

And the first one is almost accomplish-able in discord. It doesn’t necessarily need nesting. Though nesting does make it a bit neater.

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

Discord is feature-rich. I like it. But the fact is in some aspect, Discord still behind TS3

- Discord consumed more ram. It’s Electron, which in fact is Chromium browser (sort of) You know how Chrome consumes your ram.
- No comm channel. command in each room can’t talk to each other.
- Audio quality is worse than TS at same bandwidth.

One day Discord may wipe TS3 out of the game. yes. But not today.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

I have no idea if discord does this. Probably not. One of my favorite features of TS is being able to subscribe to channels. I have everything compacted, and subscribe to all the channels I want which shows all the nested channels and anyone in them. Makes it very easy to see who’s on where and limit the guild channels to my favorites.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I recommend that you remove your probably modern intel processor, and uninstall your copy of either windows or OSX. And you should probably unplug your router.

Oh, and never use your phone. In fact, you should probably avoid VOIP entirely, at least for another few years.

I recommend getting an old thinkpad, you know. One of the ones that has been fully reverse engineered. And running OpenBSD on it.

Oh, and by the way.

The TeamSpeak privacy policy isn’t the only privacy policy you agree to when using TeamSpeak.

Yeah. Every server you hop onto is a gamble as to whether or not they sell your information.

Have fun with that!

Just a case of choosing “maybe they are spying on me” vs “yes they are spying on me”. Most people would opt for the maybe scenario.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Some EU servers use discord, not gun name them cuz you will just bandvagon, pleb.

Discord over TS advantages:

• Has chat channels included (possible builds, videos etc), no need for server forums thro web browser.
  • Voice quality is higher and delay is less, haven’t had “server crashes” or “robotvoices” due to too many online even once like in TS.
  • Supports YouTube videos and lot of other sites (can setup perma music bot where people request songs for free)
  • Is Free
  • Accessible with web browser and joining server is easier for first timers

TS over discord:

• Discord doesn’t allow you to join multiple channels at once on different servers
  • The overlay is more plain thus easier to understand
  • Can setup Whisper Chat for focus parties, stab 2 etc.
  • More people know how to use it thus there will be less confusion.
Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

Oh, and by the way.

Have fun with that!

That’s why you host your own Mumble server on that OpenBSD laptop, duh.

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Some EU servers use discord, not gun name them cuz you will just bandvagon, pleb.

• Has chat channels included (possible builds, videos etc), no need for server forums thro web browser.
  • Voice quality is higher and delay is less, haven’t had “server crashes” or “robotvoices” due to too many online even once like in TS.
  • Supports YouTube videos and lot of other sites (can setup perma music bot where people request songs for free)
  • Is Free

TS over discord:

• Discord doesn’t allow you to join multiple channels at once on different servers
  • The overlay is more plain thus easier to understand
  • Can setup Whisper Chat for focus parties, stab 2 etc.
  • More people know how to use it thus there will be less confusion.

This, multiple channels at once and whisper lists. It might not be that usable in this meta (still is, but not to effect it was in times of focus party). Might become again.

Other thing that was not mentioned, some servers have founds collected for another year of server. I know my server has founds already partialy/fully collected for when we need to use them in march.

in WvW

Posted by: Turbotef.9203

Turbotef.9203

I get that its the “if it aint broke done fix it” mentality. but also im sure everyone here wouldnt mind the a new motherboard loaded with an i9 cpu right? upgrades are nice.

Nope, went with AMD (got a 1700 and a 1600 for my two PCs) as they finally have another top tier CPU line with Ryzen and Threadripper and can now avoid that crooked Intel for a long time again.

I agree with you on Discord though and have it installed and won’t use anything else now. Used TS and RogerWilco YEARS (15+) ago and was glad when Mumble came along and went to that.

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

I generally prefer ts cause it’s much lighter to have it in the background instead of Discord. Then again i have potato pc.

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Oh, and by the way.

Have fun with that!

Just a case of choosing “maybe they are spying on me” vs “yes they are spying on me”. Most people would opt for the maybe scenario.

I prefer the direct “This is what we’re capturing data wise”, “This is what & how we’re selling it”.

It’s like VPN servers that tell you that they don’t log your traffic. They’re lying to you, and any sys admin worth his salt will tell you the same.

You have to log something, else you’ll NEVER be able to trouble shoot issues with your network. And trust me, you’ll have to do it at some point.

And seriously. You’re all, including me, likely using a modern intel processor. Which has their management engine on it, which basically gives intel full control of your system, and no, I’m not joking.

By the time you’re worried about Discord’s privacy policy, you’ve already lost all of your privacy.

Except you haven’t, because people that buy this type of information truly don’t care about who you are.

Mostly because the sheer volume of data out there makes it less valuable to know who you are, and more valuable to know about what general markets are popular.

in WvW

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

Discord is better for communities that are actual communities outside of whatever they’re using voice comms to do. For instance, a raiding guild that uses Discord voice during raids, but that wants to be a group of friends and do content other than raids. Also, they want a place to post dank memes. WvW isn’t like that. You hop on, get organized, get rewards, and get out. Not saying you can’t make friends while doing it, but WvW doesn’t need Discord to accomplish what it wants to accomplish.

The main thing Discord replaces for me is actually not a VoIP program, but a forum. You can have separate text channels, sticky posts, moderate, and add (emote) reactions. The only real difference is that the nature of the program means people are more likely to write succinct messages instead of wall-of-text monstrosities, which might actually be a better thing if you think about it.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

(edited by Corax.7381)

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Ultimately, players are going to use whatever the rest of their server is already using.

If there’s momentum behind one or the other, good luck changing that with a forum post.

Fact is, they both do basically the same thing with a few different pros + cons.

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

TS does this

Many say the same about Discord. Argumentative.

You can do similar things with TS

• Is Free

It’s not free. Not if you want to set up something large, which is what we’ve been talking about.

Again, not really. Sure, you can use your web browser, but there are a lot of features that you can’t access through the web (like push to talk. Pretty essential for WvW players), you have to download the Discord client. Is it really that hard to download TS? Both takes like 5 minutes.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Its easier to use and has more features including proper role/permissions management. Why is everyone still using ts3? i mean i know it still works and its not terrible but honestly how long would it take for servers to take the free upgrade?

For me I still vastly prefer TS over discord, primarily for 2 reasons.

1. As stated above: CComs – extremely important and main feature not present in discord.

2. Discord is new and lacks full range of protocol support as well as often has issues running with various security features. Even default Win 10 firewall will often block its updates on anything other then crappy settings. It has serious difficulties running on some of the best VPNs as well as using encryption, etc. to the point where it just won’t run at all.

The 2nd reason is far more important then the 1st. I understand many of you do not care for security, but many people do, and disabling it, or parts of it to run a gaming chat app is not an option.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

It has been difficult enough to get people onto ts, switching over to discord would probably mean losing most of the community again.
Last time I heard someone suggest to switch to discord during a server meeting there was a lot of confusion because most people never even heard of discord.

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

For me I still vastly prefer TS over discord, primarily for 2 reasons.

1. As stated above: CComs – extremely important and main feature not present in discord.

2. Discord is new and lacks full range of protocol support as well as often has issues running with various security features. Even default Win 10 firewall will often block its updates on anything other then crappy settings. It has serious difficulties running on some of the best VPNs as well as using encryption, etc. to the point where it just won’t run at all.

The 2nd reason is far more important then the 1st. I understand many of you do not care for security, but many people do, and disabling it, or parts of it to run a gaming chat app is not an option.

Can’t say I’ve had any real firewall issues with either TS or Discord.

As for VPNs, they’re glorified proxies.

You can’t even trust onion routing these days, let alone a private service telling you it’ll keep your communications secure with a small amount of off-shore servers and a bit of encryption. They’re totally not logging all that traffic bro. Totally.

The only thing you can trust is that https:// at the beginning of your URLs, and whatever you tossed into iptables. That’s it. Anything else is a get rich quick scheme to take advantage of people’s insecurities.

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

some of you take this way too seriously lol. just get both. discord probably better for guilds, ts probably still better for servers. soundboards make TS great. i guess you can use them in discord but takes a lot more work.

good thing about discord you can get on without downloading the app cause its web-accessible and you dont have to keep re-verifying if you switch computers

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

My guild was using msn messenger until recently but we were convinced to upgrade to Skype. One of our guildies is trying to convince us to switch to mumble but we just switched and don’t feel like switching again. x.x

I guess just use whatever you want to use.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Haematic.4913

Haematic.4913

Discord is a great community and guild application.

You can adjust the voice quality just like you can in TS3 and it uses the same codec, but different servers (that you can change if say your ping is a little laggy).

I use it for my guild and I use it for the other main guild I represent.

I also used Fort Aspenwood’s DISCORD server, very often. It’s great for rallying up online players who may not be in game but on discord, for call-outs to a map and for broadcasting WvW plans for the matchup. Oh did I mention you can PIN important messages?

The whisper list, channel upgrades and advanced user control are all items Discord is going to release. With Nitro available users can subscribe on a monthly basis or yearly basis and this has helped with funding their development efforts and has pushed more updates more quickly.

Kind of off topic but I saw someone post about “getting people into Ts3 and Discord will make it now even harder” … no. When I rally in TS3 or DISCORD I get the same amount of people to join the channel. They are usually the same people as well. If I choose to command in discord I create an invite link and paste it in my squad message so players can copy it and paste it into the Desktop App or online and I can give them perms like I would in TS3.

Discord is 10/10 for me and I’d highly recommend communities and guilds to use it.

Fort Aspenwood – Haematic, Inclina Deus
http://youtube.com/haematic4913
http://twitch.tv/haematic

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

discord isnt good..

first off app has to be installed as the web site doesnt allow you to talk unless its focused.

second the HUD is confusing

third the quality and lag is not very good