J.P. Team Killers

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Rimu.7105

Rimu.7105

I think that they should disable the traps in the EB borderlands (or change them so they dont do damage to there own team-mates, like ranger/necro traps), constantly when I go do my jumping puzzel to get those blasted medals of honor, theres always a team-mate there purposeully killing his own team useing those traps, and he admits to do it too, reporting him for botting/spamming or something like that doesnt seem to do anything, but purposely killing your own team should be a type of offence, because it distrupts people haveing a good time, its different if an enemy was doing it, its bad enough you gatta deal with them in the JP in the first place (and there skritt syndrome -seeing an enemy and going after him with a full on army as if your yelling “take that shinny!”), but its worse when someone you cant attack if trying to kill you with traps, and those flame traps do quite abit of damage, and if you lag abit (like I do), there an instant kill, you try and roll out of the trap your into another one.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

Your not useing the mechanic as it was designed to be used, it was designed to be used agenst the enemys, not your own team, I dont know if it was you, it happens on quite a few servers, so its possible, alot of people do the JP so they can get the medals because getting them in WvW is to annoying itself, and people like you just hinder them more than the players, its worse when the team killer has a bad attitude in the first place, when someone asks him politely to stop so they can keep on with there business they rudely tell them off.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Dont.6985

Dont.6985

Your not useing the mechanic as it was designed to be used, it was designed to be used agenst the enemys, not your own team, I dont know if it was you, it happens on quite a few servers, so its possible, alot of people do the JP so they can get the medals because getting them in WvW is to annoying itself, and people like you just hinder them more than the players, its worse when the team killer has a bad attitude in the first place, when someone asks him politely to stop so they can keep on with there business they rudely tell them off.

It’s a game, move on with your life.
And yes, it’s a trap, using it as it was designed, as a trap. I don’t care who against, if it wasn’t meant to, it wouldn’t hurt fellow JQQ’ers.
Feel free to continually false report me for botting though, unlike using a game mechanic for what it was designed for, false reports are against the rules, and has no affect on me whatsoever.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

Tell me where in it is written for the traps to be used to kill your own team-mates.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Dont.6985

Tell me where in it is written for the traps to be used to kill your own team-mates.

Tell me where it’s written that I can’t.

(edited by Dont.6985)

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

Everywhere…. Duh… I can go on any fourm on here and see that its not posted anywhere saying “You should be killing your own team instead of the other team with traps for people trying to get there medals of honor”, I love how illogical people are these days… Its ovious you cant think of a reason so your trying to make me find one, how sad….i mean your reason not your play style.

(edited by Rimu.7105)

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

Yes, thats what I was thinking of, causeing Grief… thank you Ross.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I take it you’re referring to me, I don’t see the problem, I’m simply using a mechanic the way it was designed to be used. It’s an easily avoidable trap at that too, I find it pretty hilarious people actually die in there. And honestly, it’s a game, if you people get that upset over a little trap in a puzzle, you have problems. (Although it is pretty funny to watch you people rage over nothing, the threats and name calling are gold)

I’m also happy to see you took the time to spell properly, in-game it looked like you lost all ability to even type. No hard feelings, I love you, stranger.

Griefing:
A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game that purposely irritates and harasses other players..

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Dont.6985

Everywhere…. Duh… I can go on any fourm on here and see that its not posted anywhere saying “You should be killing your own team instead of the other team with traps for people trying to get there medals of honor”, I love how illogical people are these days… Its ovious you cant think of a reason so your trying to make me find one, how sad….i mean your reason not your play style.

I can play how I want to play, there’s nothing official against using the traps to hit your own, (Like previously stated, it’s easily avoidable, I don’t know how you manage to even die in that), so please stop trying to go on “Oh it’s not allowed” or “You shouldn’t be”, because I can if I want.
I can understand if you’re upset about not being able to dodge out of a simple trap like that, but it’s a game. Don’t waste your time getting upset over little things like a trap. Learn to have fun, much love, stranger.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

Causeing Grief should be agenst the rules, to keep sadistic players like you in check, why not use your annoyance on another server, or i dont know..agenst the E N E M Y?, but knowing your kind you couldnt kill an afk naked elemenetalist.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Griefing and trolling. All I can say is WINNER! Though it may be allowed by game mechanics you can bet that ANet did not consider this the kind of gameplay they had in mind when they designed it because it’s a negative non-competitive experience for players. They don’t allow trolling in the forums, why would they allow it in game?

Many FPS games implement a punishment system for repeated team kills. Not sure how it could be done in this game, though.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

lol this is awesome!

What are the traps and class?
I want to do this now lol

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

Eviator, what he is doing is in the EB jumping puzzle there is a massive flame trap that covers 80% of the area in jet fire he is purposelly useing those agenst his team-mates, thusly killing them, the flame there does quite abit of damage for a trap, and theres not enough room to dodge out the way without rolling into another.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Eviator, what he is doing is in the EB jumping puzzle there is a massive flame trap that covers 80% of the area in jet fire he is purposelly useing those agenst his team-mates, thusly killing them, the flame there does quite abit of damage for a trap, and theres not enough room to dodge out the way without rolling into another.

I didn’t need to know the details, I understood the gist immediately. It is a fallacy to assume ANet intended team kills to be part of the player experience. It goes against everything else they have done.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s part of the puzzle since the devs created the puzzle with those included (doesn’t matter who uses it). If you want a puzzle without traps and especially pvp (I see this thread diverting to it like all others), then the chest should NOT drop pvp-related loot. Sounds like a fair trade off since it doesn’t make sense for a pve jp to drop pvp loot.

I’ll also add that there is a way to avoid that entire section.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

No hard feelings, I love you, stranger.

You seem so excited to post here, one can almost imagine your nerdy enthusiasm dribbling from the corner of you mouth as you type.

Getting back to the OP its annoying but can be avoided, it is the flame trap we are referring to? Perhaps ANet will change it and take friendly fire into account in the future.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

You can avoid that entire section without the use of a mesmer? How so Ayrilana? I only know one way to do the EB borderland JP, and though the flame trap area is the way, do tell.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Soooo, OP tried to make a point, failed at doing so, thread now seems to have turned into troll bait
Griefer admits he’s getting some weird form of enjoyment from it, must have nothing productive to do
Ayrilana found an exploit of some kind and is tooting his own horn now, or is just lying through his teeth. Said exploit will be fixed and life goes on, nothing new here.

Did I hit the nail on the head? I think so.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Go earn your badges and stop wasting a space other server mates could use to … you know … WvW and be helpful. I’m glad he’s killing you, you know whats more annoying then trying to get badges in WvW ? Someone taking up space in WvW because their to lazy to earn their badges.

I commend you Sir Dont, keep up the good work.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

Well, if it were a Blackgate or Sanctum of Rall player doing that to my fellow Jade Quarry teammates, I’d kill them. But since it’s a JQ player doing it….hmm. You are using an in-game method. I’ll just have to use an in-game method (Report/Harrassment).

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

A teammate and I have used the firebreathing traps at the top of the puzzle on our own players… if you die from that, you don’t deserve the reward, simple dodge and healing.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

@ Nuzt: Not everyone likes WvW Nuzt, I think its boring as hell personally, but I want a legendary, so the JP are the way to do it, and not every kill inside WvW gets you a badge, or anything worthwile loot-wise, and all it is just one big repair bill, going in there to do it otherwise, my serve is usually ways in first or second place, and own most lands most nights, so there is no need to do so, its not my fault they made WvW required to get a legendary, but I want one, so specting 3-4 minutes to do a J.P. then warping out, nothing really " wasteing a space" sense quite a few people in WvW afk the thing “guarding” a tower…plus little action I see rarely goes on in there anyway, zergs see 1 guy and chance him down until hes dead, and rarely so much as even touch a tower without hightailing it out of there.

If you’re going into the JP and dieng you are effectively wasting space..because then you have to run and start over..

JP’s should just not give badges..
end of story.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I would consider it griefing/harassment to use traps against your own team… a-net is against that sort of behavior. If it happens again you should ss/video them doing it and then hand over all of the evidence to them and let them make the call on what to do about it.

On a side note I agree the JP’s shouldn’t give badges… there should be a wvw specific daily that rewards you with the badges instead.

3 free siege instead of the badges from the jp’s would be a good alternative as well ^^

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

@ Nuzt: Not everyone likes WvW Nuzt, I think its boring as hell personally, but I want a legendary, so the JP are the way to do it, and not every kill inside WvW gets you a badge, or anything worthwile loot-wise, and all it is just one big repair bill, going in there to do it otherwise, my serve is usually ways in first or second place, and own most lands most nights, so there is no need to do so, its not my fault they made WvW required to get a legendary, but I want one, so specting 3-4 minutes to do a J.P. then warping out, nothing really " wasteing a space" sense quite a few people in WvW afk the thing “guarding” a tower…plus little action I see rarely goes on in there anyway, zergs see 1 guy and chance him down until hes dead, and rarely so much as even touch a tower without hightailing it out of there.

Is there a jumping puzzle that gives dungeon tokens? I don’t see why PVE players can go hit a box and otherwise completely fail at WvW while WvW’ers have to go and actually do the crappy dungeon content.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Could always use more siege rewards. I would have to agree with the no badges from a JP thing.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Very sad, i never enter the JP…would use the traps all day long to kill all those “mesmer in jp?” guys that enoy me every time i enter eternals

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

When I started WvW, I entered just to do JPs and map completion. My server was T5. I got my 500 badges mostly through JPs and have only seen the traps in EB JP used a handful of times.

In trying to get map completion I started to like the play, even though the loot and badge drops for me were next to nothing.

Now my server is T2. I’m on TS following the strategy of the team. I get tons of badges and loot after the last patch to the point where I’ve gotten more badges playing WvW than I’ve ever got through JP.

Now when I play WvW I don’t even think about JPs.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

there should be a JP castle (at the end of the JP) to take and hold that gives also points and access to the chest for the server owning it and everyone would be happy and fighting to keep it would have sense.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

you couldnt kill an afk naked elemenetalist.

But can you? Because you’re saying you’re going in there just to acquire badges and talk about the traps killing you this makes me think you run the full JP instead of only when a mesmer port (and rez should it be needed at the last part) is available.
This makes me think you’re a PvE player, esp. because since the last patch you make more badges by contributing to the actual WvW fight within the same time it would take you to complete the JP.
So personally I wouldn’t bother with the JP unless a mesmer can port and just run with the zerg for a bit.

(edited by holska.4127)

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Colin (Studio Director) in a recent interview actually said that griefing in the jumping puzzle is half of the fun of it, and intended in its design.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Colin (Studio Director) in a recent interview actually said that griefing in the jumping puzzle is half of the fun of it, and intended in its design.

He was talking about it in the context of enemy players, not screwing your teammates on purpose “for the lulz”.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Dear God. Stop wasting space in EB for ppl that could be productive. It is much faster to earn your badges through WvWing now with the loot changes. I can get 100 on a good night.

Here is what you do. Find a zerg and follow it tagging as many enemies as possible, this will earn you large amounts of badges. You will have 500 in much less time than it would take to get them in the JP. Then you can leave WvW forever and stop taking up valuable space on the map.

Or maybe you will find that WvW is actually a lot of fun and start getting into it. I personally did not think WvW would be for me, I was sorely mistaken. It is now my main focus in game.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

Dear God. Stop wasting space in EB for ppl that could be productive. It is much faster to earn your badges through WvWing now with the loot changes. I can get 100 on a good night.

Isnt the person mostly afking makeing people take longer to do there objective, in result, makeing them waste more time doing the JP, takeing up alot more spaces and time for others who “could be productive”? Useing a mesmer to get past the first half, makes the JP maybe at most 2-3 minutes long (depending how bad you are at jumping) and most people who just want the JP done, leave afterwards, but with someone there purposelly team killing them makes them take up alot longer, while he sits there mostly AFK pulling the chain that person takes up alot more time and space on the EB,?

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Causeing Grief should be agenst the rules, to keep sadistic players like you in check, why not use your annoyance on another server, or i dont know..agenst the E N E M Y?, but knowing your kind you couldnt kill an afk naked elemenetalist.

I don’t know. Why is it not ok to grief a player from the same server, but it is magically ok to giref the player from the other?

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

Timespace, its kinda hard to grief another player from another server, useing something as it was designed to do… its annoying but not causeing grief for them sense it is something they can do about it (i.e. kill the guy), but team killers, you cant do anything about other than work around there annoyance wasteing your time to do something that takes 9 seconds to something that takes like 2 minutes…and I dont know what games you play, but usually team killing is agenst the rules, and you usually get remanded for repeated offences, once or twice is fine by accident but doing it on purpose to your own team, thats cause for grief.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

They have slowly removed some of the EB traps from harming friendlies, report the ones that still do and move on with the game.

~ AoN ~

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

Where do I report them Niim? Id be happy to report that to whom ever I need to.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Rimu.7105

True Monsoon, but sometimes when you go there some mesmers dont port people all the way to the chest, and only port you up half way, those are the mesmers I usually get.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

the JP in EB is basically this:
- Someone mentions there is a mesmer in there for 5 minutes porting people.
- Every body goes there, ports to the top, loots the chest and goes back to fighting on the map

I never spent more than 3 mins in the JP and I thought nobody did

Even if someone has to run the puzzle, it shouldn’t take someone more than 10-15 minutes once you have the puzzle memorized.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Dont.6985

Wow this thread is still going? I even got an infraction, I apologize if it seemed I was intentionally trying to start a flame war, moderator. I assure you, I wasn’t
I helped a thief in BG take over JQ’s JP today, it was pretty hilarious from my end.

J.P. Team Killers

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Haha finally a thread crying about this.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸