JP in the wvw achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

For the love of god, remove the FOUR JP achievements from the upcoming wvw league achievements.

JP’s have NOTHING to do with wvw.

How about putting in some defence orientated ones instead like ‘killed 10 attackers whilst defending’, ‘tried to save dolyak from perma stealthing thiefs’, anything really.

I (and I’m sure the majority of wvw players are the same) go into wvw to play wvw, not to play Jump Wars 2.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

I disagree. That kite on the dome was great for the JP, so many people were in there. Loads of PvE players to grief and I actually saw servers grouping up to push in and retake the thing. Nowadays they’re all basically dead, so much effort went in to designing them and there’s never any fights there. It’s going to be great fun on the day of the patch, all the most achievement-obsessed players will be in there trying to knock it out as quickly as possible.

They should have more defense related achievements though, the whole meta just screams “join a karma train or you’re wasting your time!”

MAG

in WvW

Victory.2879

Wvw players don’t go to wvw to play a jumping game- I stopped playing those when I was about 8 years old (ankitten ow too old to have the required co ordination to make good jumps).

It’s just a bald faced attempt to get people to use an area of the game that they generally have no interest in doing, ie coercing people to do things they would rather not be doing as it’s not their idea of fun.

Plenty of jump puzzles exist outside of wvw, if you like that sort of thing.

in WvW

DrWhom.3105

You appear to have missed the point of my post. I’m a WvW player and I don’t go into the JP to play a jumping game, I go in there to kill other players while they’re trying to play a jumping game. That is the whole point of a JP in a PvP zone, and there are none of those outside of WvW. Achievements for doing it will supply those players.

You can finish the meta without doing any of the JP achievements so nobody is forcing you.

MAG

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

Wvw players don’t go to wvw to play a jumping game- I stopped playing those when I was about 8 years old (ankitten ow too old to have the required co ordination to make good jumps).

It’s just a bald faced attempt to get people to use an area of the game that they generally have no interest in doing, ie coercing people to do things they would rather not be doing as it’s not their idea of fun.

Plenty of jump puzzles exist outside of wvw, if you like that sort of thing.

LOL and everyone should listen to you because only you yourself could define what others are able to do in WvW.

Please, there are plenty of others that enjoy fights and thrills in JP. If you don’t like them, move on. You don’t need these for the title either.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in WvW

Victory.2879

You appear to have missed the point of my post. I’m a WvW player and I don’t go into the JP to play a jumping game, I go in there to kill other players while they’re trying to play a jumping game. That is the whole point of a JP in a PvP zone, and there are none of those outside of WvW. Achievements for doing it will supply those players.

You can finish the meta without doing any of the JP achievements so nobody is forcing you.

Fighting in the JP achieves nothing for your server, contributing nothing to the overall fight, and are just an opportunity for thiefs and mesmers to gank players from above, preventing others from getting their achievements.

But I guess that sort of cheap shot/cheap thrills appeals to the same people who were abusing chaos storm last night….

And, I am not telling others how to play, I’m pointing out that JP’s have no place in wvw and should not be included in the ‘WVW’ meta achievement.

The reason they don’t remove them entirely from wvw is that if they did and kept them as pvp areas they would be completely dead zones apart from one multi screen/account playing player watching the screen waiting for someone to come along so they can gank him and make themselves feel proud that they can ruin someone else’s attempt at completing a Jump Puzzle.

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

My only thought is that ANet may want people who never go into WvW to attempt going in and maybe they’ll like it and stay.
Then again there’s already World completion in WvW for those people.
I just hope the pve’ers don’t queue the map for the WvW’ers on some servers in important times.
I’ll probably go finish the achievement, but it will be at a time that won’t inconvenience my server.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

DrWhom.3105

Fighting in the JP achieves nothing for your server, contributing nothing to the overall fight, and are just an opportunity for thiefs and mesmers to gank players from above, preventing others from getting their achievements.

But I guess that sort of cheap shot/cheap thrills appeals to the same people who were abusing chaos storm last night….

And, I am not telling others how to play, I’m pointing out that JP’s have no place in wvw and should not be included in the ‘WVW’ meta achievement.

The reason they don’t remove them entirely from wvw is that if they did and kept them as pvp areas they would be completely dead zones apart from one multi screen/account playing player watching the screen waiting for someone to come along so they can gank him and make themselves feel proud that they can ruin someone else’s attempt at completing a Jump Puzzle.

You keep saying “JPs have no place in WvW” and haven’t actually given a reason why. Apparently Anet disagrees because they went to the trouble of making them, and are now adding achievements to encourage people to go there. Maybe you should come up with some actual justifications for your argument?

You can say it isn’t WvW but that’s frankly meaningless, WvW is whatever the developers define it as (for better and for worse). Doesn’t help you win isn’t much of an argument either, this isn’t a job and I don’t have to spend 100% of my time in game maximizing PPT in any way I can.

MAG

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I’m a WvW player and I don’t go into the JP to play a jumping game, I go in there to kill other players while they’re trying to play a jumping game.

That’s not real pvp, stop pretending.

Pve needs to gtfo of wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Leave JP in achivements.

Why? You need 15 achivements to gain a reward. But for some matchups there will be unable to get Stonemist 50 times.
Imagine total blowouts or opposite. And those JP will be great to get reward.

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

For the love of god, remove the FOUR JP achievements from the upcoming wvw league achievements.

How about putting in some defence orientated ones instead like ‘killed 10 attackers whilst defending’, ‘tried to save dolyak from perma stealthing thiefs’, anything really.

I (and I’m sure the majority of wvw players are the same) go into wvw to play wvw, not to play Jump Wars 2.

Aside from the fact that they do have to do with WvW and shouldn’t be removed because there not a big deal unless your terrible, I agree with you completely.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

I don’t like JP, never completed one because I find them to be boring and a waste of time. If I wanted to play jumping games I’d break out my Super Nintendo or PS1. But I don’t mind that they’re part of the achievements. It’s more friendly for people who roam and for servers who don’t have map hopping megablobs capping everything they come across.

Leave JP in achivements.

Why? You need 15 achivements to gain a reward. But for some matchups there will be unable to get Stonemist 50 times.
Imagine total blowouts or opposite. And those JP will be great to get reward.

You only need to take Stonemist 5 times.

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Man, I can’t wait for when this forum gets flooded with threads by pve’ers crying that they get killed in the JP.

in WvW

Posted by: Moh Jay.7240

Moh Jay.7240

Can it be? The great trolling that was once Obsidian Sanctum is coming back?!

Fort Aspenwood – Worst guardian in Guild Wars
Unreal Aussies [uA]
Embrace the Enemy [Corp]

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Not so easy as you think. Mainly SM is traded during eu off peak hours, night shift.
And with blowouts you may not have a chance to get it.

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

I might actually visit some of the JPs again (if I get the chance since we’llprobably hang around 10 ppt / be spawn-camped most of the time)

Something to cheer everybody up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0IBD0eVhjw

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I gotta second this, I bought guild wars 2 for WvW, if I wanted jumping puzzles I would buy portal 2, if i wanted to race cars then gran turismo…

I think I dislike mainly because my brain and pc can’t correspond right even when trying to do a vista.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Not everything is about your personal enjoyment. A lot of us enjoy the jump puzzles, or used to when folks still did them. Do what you like, ignore the ones you do not.

I would rather do a few jump puzzles instead of wxp train around for objectives. The SM achievement if you are in the bottom of a league will be painful and one I outright ignore.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Not so easy as you think. Mainly SM is traded during eu off peak hours, night shift.
And with blowouts you may not have a chance to get it.

Seven weeks. That’s a long time to get SM 5 times. Sure most matches may end up being blowouts, but some won’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You don’t have to do the achievement. Just ignore it.

I for one will enjoy doing this one.

in WvW

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

Please don’t remove this achievement. Last time they had a WvW JP achievement, it was a loot bonanza. Camp EB jumping puzzle → Have someone guest to opposing server’s Lion’s Arch advertizing portals to get the achievement → Farm PvE scrubs for hours on end!

in WvW

Victory.2879

I know I’m biased, as I hate JP’s with a passion- probably because I’ve always played games with more depth than Mario Bros 1. Even my daughter only played jumping games for a couple months before moving on to something that requires more than the brain of an 8 year old and reflexes to match.

I appreciate that some people enjoy JP’s- in which case I can recommend several other platform games that should keep you happy so there is no need for you to play GW2.

If what I’m reading is correct, JP will once again be filled by gankers and idiots who delight in preventing others from getting through this rubbish in order to fully complete a WVW achievement meta.

Maybe Anet should look at the figures for JP usage in wvw before they brought in this ‘achievement’ and replaced JP with something wvw related like defending towers or one of several other things.

It’s a desperate attempt by Anet to get people back into the JP’s and encouraging the scrubs that enjoy ganking and generally being kittens back into their liar. Sadly it will work.

I’ll be that toon that you see swearing a lot as I fall off for the hundredth time, or manage to almost reach the top before a mesmer pulls me off, or a group of 5 thiefs gank me, etc..

Probably see the return of the JP train – where the commander takes the entire zerg into the JP to get it finished so we can move on and do some real wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Doug.4930

Doug.4930

I know I’m biased, as I hate JP’s with a passion- probably because I’ve always played games with more depth than Mario Bros 1. Even my daughter only played jumping games for a couple months before moving on to something that requires more than the brain of an 8 year old and reflexes to match.

I appreciate that some people enjoy JP’s- in which case I can recommend several other platform games that should keep you happy so there is no need for you to play GW2.

If what I’m reading is correct, JP will once again be filled by gankers and idiots who delight in preventing others from getting through this rubbish in order to fully complete a WVW achievement meta.

Maybe Anet should look at the figures for JP usage in wvw before they brought in this ‘achievement’ and replaced JP with something wvw related like defending towers or one of several other things.

It’s a desperate attempt by Anet to get people back into the JP’s and encouraging the scrubs that enjoy ganking and generally being kittens back into their liar. Sadly it will work.

I’ll be that toon that you see swearing a lot as I fall off for the hundredth time, or manage to almost reach the top before a mesmer pulls me off, or a group of 5 thiefs gank me, etc..

Probably see the return of the JP train – where the commander takes the entire zerg into the JP to get it finished so we can move on and do some real wvw.

Not everything in this game is designed to be easy. Some pve players complain that they need to WvW for map completion.

You are no different than these people. The jp’s are not that difficult. Most people can do the EB jp in less than 10 mins.

Adapt.

Doug The Unseen Of Homefront Defenders [HD]

Jade Quarry’s dedicated Roaming/Havoc Squad Guild

(edited by Doug.4930)

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I utterly detest jumping puzzles. They are pointless, tedious and frustrating. In WvW they serve no purpose except to drag unwilling victims into WvW to feed griefers.

I was dismayed to see that they are part of the achievement and that it’s virtually impossible to avoid them.

I have a choice – forgo the ‘reward’ or waste my time on them. I’ll pass. Yet another disappointment.

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

I was dismayed to see that they are part of the achievement and that it’s virtually impossible to avoid them.

I have a choice – forgo the ‘reward’ or waste my time on them. I’ll pass. Yet another disappointment.

There are 19 achievements, from which you need 15 for the reward. Only 4 are JPs so it is possible for you to get the reward without setting a foot in the JPs.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Niim.9260

Dear Chicken Little,

Each JP needs to be completed once in seven weeks. Given that you are worried about evil gankers and trolls hiding in the darkness, might I suggest you just wait a week or two and get the puzzles done when the rush is over.

Regards, Acorn

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Niim.9260

I utterly detest jumping puzzles. They are pointless, tedious and frustrating. In WvW they serve no purpose except to drag unwilling victims into WvW to feed griefers.

I am sorry you find jumping puzzles too challenging.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

JP do have something to do with wvw

came to do EB JP -> our keep is taken, kitten -> made group -> took camps -> got our keep back and reinforced while at it -> did EB JP :o

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Contiguous.1345

There are 19 achievements, from which you need 15 for the reward. Only 4 are JPs so it is possible for you to get the reward without setting a foot in the JPs.

In theory – yes, it’s mathematically possible.

BUT – I assume this is per season and not a one-off? In which case the numbers become problematical – gain 50 ranks. Destroy 255 caravans, kill 500 enemy guards. capture 50 ruins etc. etc. Admittedly some are easy – 5 Stonemist captures is a joke ofc.

Flat-out WvW play at several hours a day (which is what I do) might make it – but I have doubts. Depends on how long a ‘Season’ is – a month? two? four? Surely not a year?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Life is too short to spend any amount of time yelling at your monitor. Many of us simply can’t jump and no amount of practice has helped so far. Fortunately I’m in a helpful league with a lot of mesmers.

And please let me say it again, jumping puzzles have no place in WvW.

These achievements could and should be replaced with defensive actions, but Anet doesn’t have a clue how to reward players actually playing defense. It’s all about the zerg (and jumping puzzles…).

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in WvW

Contiguous.1345

Nice troll.

There’s nothing challenging about it – it’s merely a tedious waste of time, deliberately designed to be frustrating, as I said. Apparently some people get a sense of accomplishment out of it. I don’t.
I believe some people also collect miniatures – equally baffling.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

PvE kids in JP…..slowly dusts his Thief off

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

BUT – I assume this is per season and not a one-off? In which case the numbers become problematical – gain 50 ranks. Destroy 255 caravans, kill 500 enemy guards. capture 50 ruins etc. etc. Admittedly some are easy – 5 Stonemist captures is a joke ofc.

Flat-out WvW play at several hours a day (which is what I do) might make it – but I have doubts. Depends on how long a ‘Season’ is – a month? two? four? Surely not a year?

7 weeks.

Those numbers seem quite reasonable, and the border jumping puzzle is very easy, and each of the three identical ones counts as a different one.

It’s also possible they may have dailies that count towards the meta.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Hm, I count 19 achievements? You need 15. So I guess you can skip the jumping puzzles.

WvW is weird. There’s so many different ways to play it but I mean there aren’t many things you can give achievements for. I’m sure if you’re active for 7 weeks you’ll get it.

I’ve taken Stonemist 4 times in 14 months of WvW but have 4.9k objectives taken. The jump puzzles makes more sense for me than Stonemist does =P

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I’ve taken Stonemist 4 times in 14 months of WvW but have 4.9k objectives taken. The jump puzzles makes more sense for me than Stonemist does =P

Yup, I’m about the same. I’m more of a border map player than an EB player.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: irchon.5961

irchon.5961

Nothing to do with WvW? Battling against players from other servers over an objective (in this instance, an achievement). I’d say that lies at the heart of WvW.

If you don’t want to spend time on a JP achievement? Don’t. There is your solution.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

PvE kids in JP…..slowly dusts his Thief off

Just got mine to level 80.

Where’s the perma-stealth signet?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

All I do is wvw, is it bad that I don’t even know where the entrance to the JPs are?

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Contiguous.1345

I think the answer is for every serious WvW player to make a point of going into the JP and methodically killing every PvE kitten that tries to complete it.

That will cause such an uproar among the PvE community that Anet will be forced to remove the kittening things out of WvW once and for all.

EDIT: Of course we will have to find it first – I’ve no idea where it is either.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

thing is I will have to do JP, as that guy who only roams getting 50 ranks would be nearly impossible. (unless I ran wxp boosters every night)

season is only 7 weeks btw.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

wait a minute, DrWhom had a great point, the only people that love jumping puzzles are the pve’rs – this might be a great chance to pounce on them senselessly for imposing their stuff on our pvp lists -

Might want to re-think about this before complaining too much. Might be hilarious!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I think its funny that the JP achievements is the main complaint here. What about the other achievements that will take a player more than 20-30 minutes to complete. Think about hold long it takes for you (assumingly a veteran WvW player) to cap 100 camps or use 500 supply on repairs. I think the people doing the JP will be the least of our worries.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Contiguous.1345

I think its funny that the JP achievements is the main complaint here. What about the other achievements that will take a player more than 20-30 minutes to complete. Think about hold long it takes for you (assumingly a veteran WvW player) to cap 100 camps or use 500 supply on repairs. I think the people doing the JP will be the least of our worries.

The difference is WvW.

We simply don’t want to waste our time doing PvE. The time it takes to cap 100 camps is time well spent having fun and the achi is just by-the-way.

We’ve begged for months – since beta in fact – for some recognition of the time we spend in the game but we got no reward, even the ‘normal’ achievement progression that comes to PvE players over time is denied.

We finally get something that allows us a modicum of progression and we find it’s conditional on us having to perform monkey-stunts in some PvE platform game we are not remotely interested in.