JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

That’s nice but why is CD still open, our population is massive with multiple ques at all times of the day that it’s not even fair for our opponents. Please fix this anet, either move us up to T1 where we will be against servers with similar population, or close transfers to CD. I had to wait 4 hours last night to get into EBG…

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

That’s nice but why is CD still open, our population is massive with multiple ques at all times of the day that it’s not even fair for our opponents. Please fix this anet, either move us up to T1 where we will be against servers with similar population, or close transfers to CD. I had to wait 4 hours last night to get into EBG…

Idle curiosity, but you try any of the bl’s or just EBG and what time zone? Only times I had a wait when AR was paired with CD was getting into EBG and even then, it just depended on the time of day and it hit double digit wait once maybe twice.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

So funny seeing all the salty people posting here that have no clue.

The fact is, BG has an active NA population. No OCX guilds. We have one big sea guild, KnM, and maybe some others. We recently lost a popular SEA commander et. al. to an EU server. Frankly, I just don’t play at that time. And one EU guild. The only reason we win so much is because we just have more roamers and a couple small 5 man groups that run during off hours to keep things capped. Half of our EU timezone is populated by NA folks not working and most of our OCX is NA insomniacs.

I’d say, we have half of the population we used to have, but were still considered full. So yeah, it’s no surprise that we’re opening up.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’d say, we have half of the population we used to have, but were still considered full.

Because in the past BG was “overstacked”.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

once we get beyond we have less than we used to have… The WVW population is a fraction of what it used to be 4 years in… when people say BG is over stacked, they aren’t comparing to 2014 BG pop they are comparing to the current pop of the other servers..

70-11-0 shows that (score at time of post)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

(edited by Liston.9708)

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’d say, we have half of the population we used to have, but were still considered full.

Not only that, but every server’s populations have dropped massively since HoT.

T2 right now is roughly the same in terms of coverage and population is T4/T5 pre-HoT.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Not only that, but every server’s populations have dropped massively since HoT.

T2 right now is roughly the same in terms of coverage and population is T4/T5 pre-HoT.

Yes, but that kind of doesn’t have anything to do with the population calculation. It only means that players who are used to old T1 have to mentally adjust to a smaller scale WvW. What they are used to from the past was overstacked. Players who were not in T1 in the past don’t have this difficulty.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

WvW was a mess before, now its like watching a train wreck.

WvW was meant to be competitive, the big BG stack that happened on Monday means that T1 can never be that again. JQ is trying to ninja every post when people ask about moving, so maybe they can be T1/1.5 to BG’s T0 but is there enough people to fill a third server actually making it competitive and at what cost to other servers.

Fact is, the people on BG do not care about other servers/balance/competition even though the health of their own depends on that too, what happens when no one comes out to fight you? When no one flips anything back so the BG Choo Choo will be derailed, by the time some realize what has to be done, will be too late.

Anet made this mess, how do they intend to resolve it? Do not expect the player base to do it, since they were the ones stacking on to BG soon as it opened. JQ SEA destacked? And look where they all went.
How long will Anet take, the clock is ticking, people are already leaving.

Tick Tock Tick Tock

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

If I came on here, and started posting about wanting a specific server to die off, blaming them for everything, and needing to be locked forever…well I can imagine the responses I might get. But you know its fashionable to hate on BG, as if we forced anyone to transfer here.

Maybe those people should try focusing on building up their own servers rather then hoping for one to be destroyed. BG’s main selling point is that we have a stable server and a great friendly community.

If you come on here and start threatening boycotts and other stupid crap, stop playing wvw, never bother to help your servers get competitive, then complain about population issues…What good are you?

Nice lecture brah
Good thing nobody knows you transferred from SoR last time BG was open right?

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

If I came on here, and started posting about wanting a specific server to die off, blaming them for everything, and needing to be locked forever…well I can imagine the responses I might get. But you know its fashionable to hate on BG, as if we forced anyone to transfer here.

Maybe those people should try focusing on building up their own servers rather then hoping for one to be destroyed. BG’s main selling point is that we have a stable server and a great friendly community.

If you come on here and start threatening boycotts and other stupid crap, stop playing wvw, never bother to help your servers get competitive, then complain about population issues…What good are you?

Nice lecture brah

I’ve been on BG over 2 years now, your guild has been on how many servers in that time?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The fact is, BG has an active NA population. No OCX guilds.

No? What were the 2 huge BG blobs running around in ocx time yesterday then? And you do have ocx guilds, FL for one.

I just love BG folks implying they’re undermanned while steamrolling the other servers in the game outnumbering the other servers 3-4:1.

We recently lost a popular SEA commander et. al. to an EU server. Frankly, I just don’t play at that time. And one EU guild. The only reason we win so much is because we just have more roamers and a couple small 5 man groups that run during off hours to keep things capped. Half of our EU timezone is populated by NA folks not working and most of our OCX is NA insomniacs.

I’d say, we have half of the population we used to have, but were still considered full. So yeah, it’s no surprise that we’re opening up.

1: You gained 2 sea guilds from JQ, their only 2 active sea guilds left.
2. You may have half what you used to have but other servers have declined even more and you have the advantage of still being able to attract bandwaggoners to go there which other servers don’t.
3. You are not winning because of roamers, you are winning because you outnumber the other servers plain and simple.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Agreed, Anet always disappoints us. I don’t think they should have opened any servers right now but that’s a discussion for another time. Anet opened up some servers for whatever reasons they have and it isn’t the fault of the players on BG.

It is the fault of the bandwaggoning players and guilds who jumped there knowing they stacking on a server that was winning T1 even before then. Once they are on BG it reflects on the server.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

X T D.6458

The fact is, BG has an active NA population. No OCX guilds.

No? What were the 2 huge BG blobs running around in ocx time yesterday then? And you do have ocx guilds, FL for one.

I just love BG folks implying they’re undermanned while steamrolling the other servers in the game outnumbering the other servers 3-4:1.

KnM and FL are OCX, we recently lost a very important SEA guild in Ng, but FOO transferred here this week. Your guild SoX is on MAG now which I believe still has KnF.
Three guilds came to BG as far as I know this week, and one of them is a havok/small ops guild. One of the reasons the score is so lopsided this week is the fact that MAG basically hasn’t shown up all week, not sure why especially after getting 2 new guilds last week in SoX and KeK, I would have thought they would be even more competitive, but they seem to have taken this week off when it started.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

morrolan.9608

KnM and FL are OCX, we recently lost a very important SEA guild in Ng, but FOO transferred here this week. Your guild SoX is on MAG now which I believe still has KnF.
Three guilds came to BG as far as I know this week, and one of them is a havok/small ops guild. One of the reasons the score is so lopsided this week is the fact that MAG basically hasn’t shown up all week, not sure why especially after getting 2 new guilds last week in SoX and KeK, I would have thought they would be even more competitive, but they seem to have taken this week off when it started.

Yesterday knf wasn’t commanding but were running with sox commander and we were still outnumbered by BG blobs at least 3:1.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

Yesterday knf wasn’t commanding but were running with sox commander and we were still outnumbered by BG blobs at least 3:1.

You are wasting your time. His on BG he has no idea what its like on other servers, he refuses to even see the problems, post after post of his says the same. BG needed more people, BG needed to open, come to BG be competitive, BG open get in now. BG still needs more people we cant queue 4 maps through all timezones.

The Guilds that stacked on there, the Guilds moving to the next bandwagon only pleases Anet sales team. Why fix when it is so profitable.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

X T D.6458

You are wasting your time. His on BG he has no idea what its like on other servers, he refuses to even see the problems, post after post of his says the same. BG needed more people, BG needed to open, come to BG be competitive, BG open get in now. BG still needs more people we cant queue 4 maps through all timezones.

The Guilds that stacked on there, the Guilds moving to the next bandwagon only pleases Anet sales team. Why fix when it is so profitable.

All your gates belong to me /insert evil laugh

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Anybody know if BG placed 3rd in ANY of their skirmishes yet?

If a server never places 3rd in their skirmishes or almost zero in comparison to the other 2 servers it’s fighting against…does that tell us anything?

(edited by Diku.2546)

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

If a server never places 3rd in their skirmishes or almost zero in comparison to the other 2 servers it’s fighting against…does that tell us anything?

BG has never finished third in this matchup, but also hasn’t finished second for the last three days!

Anet, are you reading this?

What does it take for you to realize you made a mistake?
What will you do to fix it?
When will you fix it?

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

BG has never finished third in this matchup, but also hasn’t finished second for the last three days!

When will you fix it?

yup so Anet need let JQ replace FA at kitten

will be BG/JQ/?

winnie@BlackGate

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

When will you fix it?

yup so Anet need let JQ replace FA at kitten will be BG/JQ/?

And when that doesn’t change anything what will you say then?

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

This really screwed up the T2 matchup too. If reset doesn’t help…there’s not really a decent tier to transfer to at this point. Nowhere left for decent fights. I can’t even pay to fix it.

Might be gg for me. Kind of in a tough spot for gw2 atm. I need some reset luck.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Nice lecture brah

I’ve been on BG over 2 years now, your guild has been on how many servers in that time?

So last december 23rd you were still pining away for SoR even though you’d been off the server for a whole year??

That’s some dedication

I’ve been on most every server, to answer your question. Including BG. Odd we didn’t see you there in 2014

(edited by LetoII.3782)

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

And you will never get pve guys into wvw. End of story. It makes no sense to count pve players for wvw.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

McKenna need to be promoted not fired, he brings more money to ANET, so keep that money handy choose a server wisely ,gem season is here ( i mean x-mas season lol )

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

McKenna is a she

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

LetoII.3782

McKenna need to be promoted not fired, he brings more money to ANET, so keep that money handy choose a server wisely ,gem season is here ( i mean x-mas season lol )

I’m totally asking sannyclaws for a BG toon this year

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Here’s the thing: Just because she’s the red name making the posts, doesn’t mean it was her decision.

Don’t shoot the messenger. Ad hominem attacks don’t work.

Attack the issue.

And the issue is that this decision seems to be not rooted in actual game realities.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

If you aint part of the solution, and if you are helping prolong the problem, then you are definitely a part of the problem!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

shagwell.1349

The fun part is that BG has a 30 people queue on EB right now and is running with 2 pins.
No queue on TC or JQ.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The fun part is that BG has a 30 people queue on EB right now and is running with 2 pins.
No queue on TC or JQ.

TC was running the Outnumbered buff on all maps last night except EBG. Mid-reset.

I’m pretty sure this will be another vacation week because there is literally no way we can keep up.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

shagwell.1349

I still hope for a 30 player map cap in wvw. And we’ll see what happens then!

e: but I can still remember what happened last time BG went out to forums to gloat over TC and JQ. The forums were filled with seas of BG tears from the 2v1.

make it happen, JQ and TC

(edited by shagwell.1349)

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Krevra.4289

Krevra.4289

My vote is def to lower WvW pop caps. I would even vote lower map pops as well, there is NOTHING fun about 60+ man blobs on all sides just to get extremely low fps and server lag so you cant even use skills. This would also spread out the pop a bit more towards the borderlands and maybe even force groups not to blob as a result. Fights would be more fun more dynamic less laggy and alot more playable all around.

Number Fourtyseven
Guild leader of [BMS] Better Metal Snake

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

X T D.6458

My vote is def to lower WvW pop caps. I would even vote lower map pops as well, there is NOTHING fun about 60+ man blobs on all sides just to get extremely low fps and server lag so you cant even use skills. This would also spread out the pop a bit more towards the borderlands and maybe even force groups not to blob as a result. Fights would be more fun more dynamic less laggy and alot more playable all around.

And how do you think a lower cap on a servers population would help a smaller world?
Should a server that is medium/high suddenly be locked?

I am all for lowering map caps though.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

X T D.6458

Nice lecture brah

So last december 23rd you were still pining away for SoR even though you’d been off the server for a whole year??

That’s some dedication

I’ve been on most every server, to answer your question. Including BG. Odd we didn’t see you there in 2014

Lol I smell a stalker

And yes I do actually care about other servers including SoR which I spent almost 2 years on, and still have friends there. Now..I don’t expect you to actually understand any of that since you server hop as soon as someone tells you to, and would rather talk trash about a server you are not even on, but its ok. To each his own

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

My vote is def to lower WvW pop caps. I would even vote lower map pops as well, there is NOTHING fun about 60+ man blobs

A lot of players play WvW for LARGE SCALE COMBAT! WE like LARGE SCALE COMBAT! Do I need to say it again? The dev’s would have to be crazy to lower map caps.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

My vote is def to lower WvW pop caps. I would even vote lower map pops as well, there is NOTHING fun about 60+ man blobs

A lot of players play WvW for LARGE SCALE COMBAT! WE like LARGE SCALE COMBAT! Do I need to say it again? The dev’s would have to be crazy to lower map caps.

WvW is sooooo much fun when only one side brings the large scale.

You must enjoy running back from spawn this matchup.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Blackgate and Jade Quarry both opened because they were below the population cap. Blackgate currently has a smaller population than Jade Quarry and some of the combined linked worlds populations (combined linked worlds population example being Crystal Desert + Darkhaven + Devona’s Rest combined has a higher population than Blackgate). With all that being said, we do keep track of the transfers that happen. Since we have been seeing an increase in transfer behavior with the past 2 world links, we are discussing whether we want to change how we calculate WvW world populations or if we want to lower the WvW population caps.

Looking at this weeks matchup. Do you still believe that Blackgate has less of a population that JQ? Time to get that discussion rolling quickly and take some action.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: UnSpokened.6035

UnSpokened.6035

BG has been stacked since the beginning..why..

TC → BG → TC → DB → TC → Mag
1500+WvW/PvP
s1/s2 Diamond/s3 Legend

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

X T D.6458

BG has been stacked since the beginning..why..

Our cookies are amazing

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

shagwell.1349

The fact is, BG has an active NA population. No OCX guilds. We have one big sea guild, KnM, and maybe some others. We recently lost a popular SEA commander et. al.

Saying people have no clue and withholding the truth about own OCX and SEA guilds. Ill intentions?

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

It was a mistake opening BG again. The Devs always get played.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Just popped in and saw the BG vs JQ reults… LMAO

I can only cringe at how blobby they are now compared to when I last had to suffer through their lag.

These religious BG zealots need to give it a rest.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Unfortunately, we need a Mal 2.0 to lead another 9 guild exodus from BG to either FA, SBI ,or SoS. We don’t really need another rise of YB.

Then we’d need a mini Mal to take 4-5 guilds off Mag.

JQ and BG OPEN AGAIN!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Who would want to rise to T1 the way things are?

I don’t see BG guilds leaving any time soon while the wins are so effortless. It’s a melting pot of PPTers and ktrainers from all over the game.

We all knew the reality of the situation a long time ago. I can only hope that the devs now regret their decision and see that their calculations are not working. It’s fine if you make a mistake but at least LEARN from it.