JQ vs HoD vs SBI thread/updates/screenshots

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Both TA and the militia split up between many servers. Neither went to JQ or Blackgate exclusively.
There were many strong guilds that were on HoD that were not in TA. they were not a zerg there either. Not to say there were not some fairweather players/guilds as well.

TA does not exist anymore. And its not reforming under a new name either.

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

TA is gone, HOD is dead, it was number one for what six weeks big deal in the long run.

If it makes you happy, pat yourself on the back and say your guild broke HOD, TA ran off and are hidding in their covers as you play the game.

Becuase everyone sees the past from their perspective, the TA guilds are always going to say we were 31-0 when we quit.

JQ is always going to say we were the only server that could take down TA and when we did they all ran off and stoped playing we beat them so soundly.

In a week or two or maybe even Six weeks you will find out talking in forums is more fun than playing on a number one server.

That is why Anet does not need to do anything about balance, the problem fixes itself.

The people who Enjory WvW will not all stay on the number 1 server it sucks no matter what the name of the server is working your way up there is the good part.

Finding good matches, good guilds to play with and against is what the long term players are going to always enjoy, not all jumping on one server.

I will bet the players who went from HOD to JQ will not be in this game in a month.

(edited by Binafus.8153)

in WvW

Posted by: Saerith.2015

Saerith.2015

Dang, WvW doesn’t seem to be too active Saturday afternoon. I’m starting to get really worried about the long-term health of this game. It seems to be going the route of TOR – loses its early momentum and struggles to regain it.

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

Dang, WvW doesn’t seem to be too active Saturday afternoon. I’m starting to get really worried about the long-term health of this game. It seems to be going the route of TOR – loses its early momentum and struggles to regain it.

Blame the players not the game, everyone is free to move around and make good matches or make really unbalanced ones.

There are plenty of people that will be around after the I wanna be on the number one server crowd is gone.

There are good matches now in the lower tiers and no ques.

in WvW

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

You can’t blame the players. People are bandwaggoners. Why do you think there’s so many Laker fans? A segment of the population has a competitive side to their relationship to a sport or game, but the vast majority just want to keep up with the Jones and look popular.

There are multiple problems that ANet needs to address. The “playerbase will correct itself” idea was and now is a joke.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: melchiz.7182

melchiz.7182

Anyone who thinks that JQ will not suffer the same demise as HoD, for many of the same reasons, is purely in denial. Expect this to last a few weeks and then JQ to die as another FotM world takes its place.

I pity the chest-thumping JQ diehards, as they will have to watch their beloved home fall.

in WvW

Posted by: Mindvibe.4630

Mindvibe.4630

Anyone who thinks that JQ will not suffer the same demise as HoD, for many of the same reasons, is purely in denial. Expect this to last a few weeks and then JQ to die as another FotM world takes its place.

I pity the chest-thumping JQ diehards, as they will have to watch their beloved home fall.

its natural to be in denial. theyve only had the cancer for 10 minutes and are still feeling strong. its just a matter of time before even the diehards realize theres more cancer than JQ now.

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Those kids that transfer to the JQ just because they were losing will be stuck there when they close transfers (hope so) and the BlackGate server is coming so strong from the lowers tiers to get them and they wont see it coming haha, do you realy think those kids when they start losing they will keep fighting for JQ? No they are only there for the “bandwagon”.
JQ is maby winning now but they have that “cancer” soon when they start losing the all thing will crumble.

JQ was good when they fight the way up to get to the number 1 and they deserve that place but free transfers already make them be a home to a lot of newbies that dont know how to play, they are just there to be carried by those guilds.
Its like if u get number one u get parasites, i realy hope they close free transfers soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Lala Calamari.6170

Lala Calamari.6170

If SBI and HoD were smart, they’d solely focus on JQ. But good luck with that.

in WvW

melchiz.7182

If SBI and HoD were smart, they’d solely focus on JQ. But good luck with that.

The HoD militia is now JQ. Are you suggesting that they sabotage their new server?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Why focus on one server when you can beat them both?

in WvW

melchiz.7182

Why focus on one server when you can beat them both?

How do you beat two servers when it’s a 1v1?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It’s more of a 1v1v0.1 if you look hard enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

On a saturday? Sigh… JQ’s been defeated by free transfers. Winning like this is not even close to what I call fun.
http://postimage.org/image/ig4ev0s41/

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

(edited by Coldviper.6794)

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Lol @ outnumbering servers 3:1 in a borderland then camping the spawn and dropping siege equipment.

How long until that gets old?

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Probably mostly people who just transferred here that somehow find this fun. This is incredibly lame. I guess I gotta go sPvP or do some dungeons or something.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Thadeus.6201

Thadeus.6201

I would imagine that there will always be a problem with “band-wagoners” that simply move to wherever they see a free meal ticket. That being said however, even these kinds of people will have to get established with a guild/friends at some point and stop moving around so much, so the enormity of this issue will dwindle over time.

In the mean-time however, as a JQ “native” or “chest-thumping diehard” as we’re lovingly referred to, I have to say I am not at all thrilled to play host to those that don’t enjoy a struggle for their wins. I can’t say for everyone, but a large portion of the server is already reminiscing over finer battles, and opponents that didn’t simply give up during prime time play. As frustrating as HoD and SBI were in the past, it was better than this. Most of us are PvPers here. I want the fight really, not the win.

Eilena, 80 Elementalist
Jade Quarry
[MMAC]

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Super simple solution- deny world transfers to anyone who have more than 50 Wv3 kills (Achievement).

Solved.

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

There is an extremely easy way to test whether the ‘Titan Alliance’ was the winning factor or whether it was the Zerg. The Titan Alliance has moved to Blackgate, the Zerg has moved to JQ, and so in a few weeks if JQ is an no.1 then clearly it was not the ‘Titan Alliance’ that was winning the match ups. The titan alliance was merely a catalyst for driving the zerg off HOD.

There’s really no need to look that far. We have already seen the evidence that the zerg (aka 24h coverage) was the reason for HOD’s dominance. When the TA alliance disbanded, only a few guilds left the server. Majority of the alliance stayed on the server. What led to the demise of the server was the “bandwagoners” (as referred to by the current hod players) leaving hod since hod isn’t dominating anymore. This led to eliminating the 24 hour coverage advantage they have during their dominance, and it turned into a snowball effect that led to more people leaving.

If you think about it, the main reasons why TA disbanded were due to long queues and getting bored of always winning. HOD now has no queues and is an underdog on the tier 1 matchup. However, the remaining guilds like PRX and SYN actually LEFT the server to join other top servers (sbi) or a lower tier server (blackgate) so they dominate the matchup. We already have threads of other servers, who are competing against blackgate in the lower tier, complaining on how it is unfair to see blackgate dominating now due to all the transfers.

Does it make any sense? TA wanted short queues and competition yet they leave hod which can give them both of these now. Instead, they either jump to a winning server or a lower tier which they can dominate. Doesn’t it just seem like TA is part of the “noob train?”

in WvW

kefro.9312

Well good luck JQ now you are infected with the noob train

in WvW

Posted by: Adathir.2563

Adathir.2563

It was fun on JQ before the masses arrived, now it’s not even worth the effort. I feel bad for whichever server ends up being stuck with the bandwagonners once/if they ever stop free transfers, I just hope its not Jade.

in WvW

Posted by: Imist.1540

Imist.1540

Lol @ outnumbering servers 3:1 in a borderland then camping the spawn and dropping siege equipment.

How long until that gets old?

IDK, ask Eredon Failace.

All those trashbags on that server do that when they fightlower tier servers and then eat kitten/lose on purpose when fighting top tier servers

Yeah I hate that it goes on.

Attachments:

[SE] Side Effect
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Frizz.6704

Frizz.6704

No way when and where was this? Do Jade own everything? Man I am so glad I left Jade..I knew this would happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Eracane.7034

Eracane.7034

I actually feel bad for the JQ gang right now. I am still on HoD, most of my guild left with the rest of TA. We had this same thing happening a few weeks back if you all remember. HoD hit #1 and the bandwagoners flooded the server for free wins so we owned everything to. There really is nothing balanced here, the first week or two of tier one matches was really fun and then the free server transfers killed it. I noticed ET is having similar issues in Tier 2 as well. Their group is basically non-existent.

I will say this, ty JQ, SBI, and ET, for the awesome fights in the begging of the one week match-ups, it was really fun. Until they stop with the free transfers I am sticking to Planetside 2 beta sadly. I would say I hope someone comes along and takes JQ out but sadly if they do then it is just going to be a new bandwagon world

(edited by Eracane.7034)

in WvW

Posted by: Eracane.7034

Eracane.7034

Sorry one last comment. After TA disbanded on HoD if you noticed that weekend the matches were actually really close still. As soon as Monday hit there was a noticeable shift in population to JQ. This was most likely all of the HoD, SBI and ET players that did not want to loose. Tier 1 has sort of been a joke for a while now. I think a lot of the real fun competition is in the mid-tier servers that are having a blast right now going back and forth with winning and losing. Props to JQ though for their wins, they fought hard, coordinated people in mumble servers and worked their butts off though

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

We don’t own everything. SBI is actually putting up something of a fight — thank goodness. Last week, it was dead after like, Tuesday. Tho, honestly, it didn’t get going tonight until after 10pm EDT. Earlier today, it was a snoozefest.

We occasionally see a HoD, but they have no presence on JQ borderlands for the most part.

Huge props to the JQ borderlands commanders, for kicking booty. I appreciate the coordination and organization

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

i’ll take a non #1 position over queues any day

must suck for those guilds on jq who wanted to be noticed as some kind of good coordinated guild just to end up as bunch of nobodies in yet another zerg of the red bandwagon bonanza.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Being #1 is a curse until these free transfers are over. Hopefully Jade Quarry’s ultimate fate isn’t the same as Henge of Denravi.

in WvW

Posted by: rndmize.9274

rndmize.9274

It’s hard to have any server pride when things come and go with the flow of the transfers. I can understand them keeping the transfers open for PvE players, but man, why there aren’t additional restrictions in place by now is beyond me. One transfer per week, or 3 free transfers max, or no WvW access for a week after transfer, or something.

Jade Quarry | Feign Disorder | Guardian
Interested in discussing WvW strategy? Contact me in-game.

in WvW

Posted by: Coshocton.5706

Coshocton.5706

So I wanted to check out all this competition on the other tiers to kick around transferring. I only see T2 being close and everyone else having one server blowing away the other 2… It may equal out as things settle, but to say it exists on the middle tiers currently would be false.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

Guys, tier 2 is actually not that close. ET is practically a no show this week and IOJ is fielding huge numbers in all maps while Crystal Desert is barely managing two and a half (as such the score is constantly around +350 vs +250 and over a week that will add up to a huge difference). If you want some competitive play, please come over to Crystal Desert (guaranteed it will be 5 days of constant battle, not 5 days of taking empty keeps)

in WvW

Posted by: Tijgertje.7461

Tijgertje.7461

Coshocton, what site is it where u got the Roster from

thnx in advance

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

There is an extremely easy way to test whether the ‘Titan Alliance’ was the winning factor or whether it was the Zerg. The Titan Alliance has moved to Blackgate, the Zerg has moved to JQ, and so in a few weeks if JQ is an no.1 then clearly it was not the ‘Titan Alliance’ that was winning the match ups. The titan alliance was merely a catalyst for driving the zerg off HOD.

There’s really no need to look that far. We have already seen the evidence that the zerg (aka 24h coverage) was the reason for HOD’s dominance. When the TA alliance disbanded, only a few guilds left the server. Majority of the alliance stayed on the server. What led to the demise of the server was the “bandwagoners” (as referred to by the current hod players) leaving hod since hod isn’t dominating anymore. This led to eliminating the 24 hour coverage advantage they have during their dominance, and it turned into a snowball effect that led to more people leaving.

If you think about it, the main reasons why TA disbanded were due to long queues and getting bored of always winning. HOD now has no queues and is an underdog on the tier 1 matchup. However, the remaining guilds like PRX and SYN actually LEFT the server to join other top servers (sbi) or a lower tier server (blackgate) so they dominate the matchup. We already have threads of other servers, who are competing against blackgate in the lower tier, complaining on how it is unfair to see blackgate dominating now due to all the transfers.

Does it make any sense? TA wanted short queues and competition yet they leave hod which can give them both of these now. Instead, they either jump to a winning server or a lower tier which they can dominate. Doesn’t it just seem like TA is part of the “noob train?”

“only a few TA guilds left” isn’t entirely true. only 2 quit entirely. And they actually quit 2 weeks prior. We just didn’t say it publicly. They came back and basically closed down the office, because we made the mistake of letting one of them have the keys. And publically stated TA disbanded. 2 more guilds left due to this. 3 left the server, several took the week off. The militia freaked due to the patch, and TA disbanding I think. I do not know of they transfered, quit entirely, or just took a break.
I highly doubt they actually transferred to JQ. “FULL” server, no one is THAT fair-weather.
Asia/pac also got kitten off from the patch, and vanishing numbers. Deciding to take the rest of the week off and decide what they would do. PRX decided at the end of the week after playing basically alone, with just a handfull, that HoD was not salvageable in its current state. It is not competitive at all. It was struggling to get 20 people on any given map. That is Kaineg numbers. Unless people just took a break, and will be back. Expect HoD to drop that far.

PRX is on SoS. Neither PRX or SYN joined lower tier servers to dominate. They did so, to bolster those servers and bring them up to t1 status.

t1 will be 5-6 servers rotating soon. BG, SBI, SOS, IoJ, JQ, CD with little variance between them. It won’t be HoD>>>JQ/SBI>>>ET>>>>>>>>>>everyone else anymore.

(edited by Casia.4281)

in WvW

Posted by: raichu.4902

raichu.4902

Well i am from Arma guild from HoD one of the TA guild … we left HoD for NsP and its way more fun then tier1 no more zerg of 60 for capping a sentry or a supply camp ..
they are spread all over map supply camp upgraded 250/250 …. i mean i may see that one or 2 times in tier1

well its was fun playing againts ET , JQ , SBI … you guys fight well but the free transfert is a cancer and now Tier1 is boring as hell .

PS : my english is bad i know :P

Have Fun in tier 1 guys :P

Drilgenn
commander of Arma
NSP server

Drilgenn
Guild : armata

in WvW

kefro.9312

The TDA and most of the others guilds from HoD moved to BlackGate and then HoD started losing because those players on HoD where the bandwagoners, now the noob train transfered to JQ leaving HoD a ghost town…
Im glad we moved to blackgate because i dont like to carry noobs.
JQ is now infected with Bandwagoners/Noob train, bad luck for them cause blackgate needs like 3weeks to reach tier 1 and by them the transfers will be over and they will be stuck at JQ

in WvW

Posted by: raichu.4902

raichu.4902

Not really Blackgate is the new server ATM so all the noob you calling already started transfert to Blackgate .. check blackgate score againt the 2 other server not even fun at all .

Drilgenn
Guild : armata

in WvW

Posted by: Xuan.6294

Xuan.6294

The bandwagoners theory is really funny and ridiculous

I think this ridiculous theory from some silly people who never leave T1 group.

They think #1 server of T1 will pulling bandwagoners to join for free karma or free killing from WvW.

In fact, if you are a bandwagoner, and you want free karma or free killing from WvW.

You will join the #1 server of other Tier, like T2 or T3.
In there, the #1 server reaped all (Like what JQ did at their T2 week.)

Those people also think they lose cuz bandwagoners stuck the WvW, and JQ won cuz they have bandwagoners to fill all map, this is another ridiculous point of this silly bandwagoner theory.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

HOD was fun while it lasted, I studied a lot of the strategies they used to dominate pvp – went back to my original low tier server and sharing the knowledge. I saw instant results. -grin-

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

Kefro is a broken record, he has been trying to get people to transfer to Blackgate for days now.

in WvW

Posted by: forever.6908

forever.6908

Most of these bandwagoners queue for EB mostly. That’s why I saw so many new names and unorganized plays in EB the last couple of days from JQ. Most of JQ’s original organized guilds, groups, commanders are in borderland maps and they are carrying JQ’s most ppt. EB is balanced with each server holding own territory most of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Yeah, I haven’t seen any ‘noob’ or ‘bandwagon’ behavior (whatever that even is?) on the borderlands maps. So, uh… yeah o_O But I play mainly defense on JQB, where we still have organization and great response time.

Kefro… you do realize that calling other people ‘bandwagoners’ and ‘noobs’ while jumping around from server to server yourself makes you look a wee bit hypocritical? Or is it OK only if you do it?

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Stenia.9623

Stenia.9623

HoD must really want to hold 2nd place, won’t touch JQ in EBG

“Jade Quarry overstacked in TKG timezone”

Necro Class Lead for Night Shift [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

Score totally out of hand already, like a 50K lead during the weekend. SBI lost a lot of players as well I guess.

Tiers are really going to take a beating this week probably.

JQ will be the new HOD and in first place by hundreds of thousands of points to whatever other two servers get lumped in with them. While the lower tier servers might actually get better. Problem is they shuffle them so much that there is no way to get a decent balance.

Until they close free transfers and allow guilds to move with all the benefits they have gained, and fix the scoring system, you arent going to see anything remotely good. At best you’ll see decent fighting the first couple days because its a weekend and people arent working, but the populated servers will still always thrash the others during the work week.

Not hard to own everything when youre the only ones in there.

But SBI hasnt had a queue for anything other than EB most of the weekend, for a server that has been “full” (to transfers) probably 90% of the time since reset, thats not good.

in WvW

Posted by: Lepha.3521

Lepha.3521

One of the other servers apparently has someone in SBI building ballista after ballista inside keeps so we hit our siege cap and can’t properly defend or attack.

So awesome…

in WvW

Posted by: Yazule.9142

Yazule.9142

So I don’t understand the bandwagoner theory, HOD was #1 so that is where the bandwagoners would go right? Or are people implying that on Friday of this week there was a major influx?

My guild was on anvil rock, and that server blew due to nobody playing at night. We sent members to a few servers and decided to come to JQ a couple of weeks ago. We went there because they were #3 in the first tier and that means we could make a difference.

Bandwagoners would go to #1 so maybe I misunderstand what people are talking about.

FYI sunday and JQ is wtfpwning the race, it is almost as bad as loosing soundly. We were looking for challenging pvp (we figured the #3 server in tier one was going to be a huge challenge)

We are not moving again, I feel that JQ will keep its nightime crew and our main priority is to play on a server that is active around the clock. I wouldnt mind someone else taking the groups that wont get into voice and wont listen in chat though.

in WvW

Posted by: Stenia.9623

Stenia.9623

Henge grow a pair, 1st 2 days when you were getting kicked out of EBG we went and wiped JQ then left the keep/towers for you helping you out.
Right now both servers full force against SBI with HoD camping rez while JQ caps. Anyway despite this SBI will not fall to 2nd tier this week enjoy losing henge

“Jade Quarry overstacked in TKG timezone”

Necro Class Lead for Night Shift [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: vonmeth.8907

vonmeth.8907

So I don’t understand the bandwagoner theory, HOD was #1 so that is where the bandwagoners would go right? Or are people implying that on Friday of this week there was a major influx?

My guild was on anvil rock, and that server blew due to nobody playing at night. We sent members to a few servers and decided to come to JQ a couple of weeks ago. We went there because they were #3 in the first tier and that means we could make a difference.

Bandwagoners would go to #1 so maybe I misunderstand what people are talking about.

FYI sunday and JQ is wtfpwning the race, it is almost as bad as loosing soundly. We were looking for challenging pvp (we figured the #3 server in tier one was going to be a huge challenge)

We are not moving again, I feel that JQ will keep its nightime crew and our main priority is to play on a server that is active around the clock. I wouldnt mind someone else taking the groups that wont get into voice and wont listen in chat though.

HoD had a major alliance called TA. TA decided to disband. Many of the leadership structure that was there disappeared in a flash. Many people stopped playing. People that were on HoD just because we were #1 started to leave. Many left to go to JQ. The influx of people that were always transferring to HoD are now transferring to JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: Malandreca.8261

Malandreca.8261

I really hate to be on the “Bandwagoners” server, my and my guild moved out to the lower tiers, i dont understand why do i have to stay in JQ and help those kind of ppl being carried…. better use the free transfer now cause JQ will be stuck with the worst kind of players when it ends.

Even if we win i dont care much cause we are just the “Bandwagonners” (i am not i was in JQ since the beta) beating those empty servers… also the long queues.

What will hapen when a good server (and i know they will come) gets here to tier1 and they start puting a fight, those bandwagoners wont stand a chance and they wont help cause they are here just for the free karma and free kills…

in WvW

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

ET will always dominate rank 3-6, but when they come and play with the big dogs they get put back into their place (rank 4).

in WvW

Posted by: Onur.5346

Onur.5346

Although HoD has only a few people left, they still make a difference on the scoreboard by trimming down our forces with their 40-50. With that being said, JQ is totally ignoring HoD in EB which, in return, HoD ignoring JQ – cuz HoD knows that they just don’t have the power to touch JQ, and probably they don’t wanna get wiped off the map if they mess with JQ. Hence JQ’s target is SBI and thus causes issues. It’s kind of an unfair advantage when one server ignores the other and gangs up on one ‘unintentionally’ —-

Really… what is there to do vs 2 servers pressing from both sides ? JQ with the huge bandwagoners and remaining players from HoD..

Not even talking about borderlands – JQ has had 3 orbs for the past 2 days, yes SBI held 1 for what… 6 hours ?

Onurx – Elementalist – Affinity [BADS]
Sea of Sorrows