JQ vs HoD vs SBI thread/updates/screenshots

in WvW

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

The main issue with this matchup is that HoD is not a tier 1 server anymore. They should not be here, and will be gone at the end of the week thankfully.

While the 2v1 concept is not really working as Anet said, when there are 3 good and active servers fighting, it is a much more balanced fight. Especially on the borderlands, it is hard to take a lot of ground as you will be potentially fighting 2 fully manned servers, and so the scores remain even, and the better server will gain a small amount of lead on the others, and that is how even matchups are won.

But with HoD nonexistent, that balance is gone, and so the score is skewed to reflect that. To keep a balance, it is expected that each server hold their own, and HoD failed to do that.

Another issue is that every SBI commander was screaming at us to leave HoD alone. That our enemy was JQ, and we had to focus solely on them. They berated me for even thinking of hitting HoD, and I assume this sentiment was felt throughout the maps for SBI. The problem is, JQ took HoD lands. JQ took most of HoD’s holdings, except on EB. That gave JQ the huge boost right off the bat, and probably lead to players leaving as they saw already a huge advantage forming. So not only does SBI have to fight tooth and nail to hold and gain their lands, we now have to take HoD lands from JQ in order to succeed.

Once HoD leaves, I expect the matchup will be a bit more even, although JQ is showing they will not be taken easily.

Even in defeat, HoD is still being utterly annoying. xD

in WvW

Posted by: vonmeth.8907

vonmeth.8907

Well, according to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA , we might not even be gone next week. ET is falling it looks like, not rising. This seems to be causing HoD having to linger in tier 1 even further

in WvW

Posted by: ianchen.8095

ianchen.8095

Yes, it’s becoming ridiculous and annoying how HoD is totally avoiding JQ forces in EB and tying up our forces

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

the only thing ta had was a blue dot and a zerg that followed it. once the commanders were gone so was the organization. if the rest of the guys grouped up and organized the same way…you would hardly notice any alliance is missing… the only thing they did was zerg -twirls finger-

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Notrub.6925

Notrub.6925

Well, according to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA , we might not even be gone next week. ET is falling it looks like, not rising. This seems to be causing HoD having to linger in tier 1 even further

That is because TL moved again from ET to IoJ. But, you could be right because IoJ was behind HoD & ET in the rankings and might need two weeks to move up to a T1 match. In all honesty, if IoJ doesn’t get better 24/7 coverage not much will change.
The BWE rivals JQ & SBI will be bumping heads for a while. HoD proved to both servers that even a 4-6 hour window in not having full coverage on all 4 maps can mean the other server making 20K points.

(edited by Notrub.6925)

in WvW

Posted by: Crypt.9062

Crypt.9062

And its not because TL left but most likely because Ruin left.
And HoD lost all of its wvw player base first with most of TA moving and because all the band wagoners as people like to call them left the sever (which are mostly why hod had great coverage once rankings were up and now it the same for JQQ). HoD’s wvw focused players are gone now. Which is why HoD has almost no presence.
Free transfer should not have been allowed on full servers _ but maybe out of the servers only.

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Sorry didn’t take a screenshot. But for an update…I logged in about 30 minutes ago. HOD and SBI had around 90 going each, JQ had the rest (500 something?). I believe we were ~40,000 up (almost double the next one).

I logged into the game, looked at the score. I asked my guild “Hey what borderlands are we in?” They said “Green but we aren’t doing anything…just hanging out at spawn chatting because we own it all”. I logged off. So much for WvWvW in GW2 WvWvW is why I’m here…this is just sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Faeldan.8296

Faeldan.8296

Only reason they are able to transfer is when people log for the night at 2 am – 4 am it is not considered full, but only high population and that allows for the transfers to move to this server. I believe if it is full it is locked out no matter what or you have to pay to transfer to a full server.

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Sorry didn’t take a screenshot. But for an update…I logged in about 30 minutes ago. HOD and SBI had around 90 going each, JQ had the rest (500 something?). I believe we were ~40,000 up (almost double the next one).

I logged into the game, looked at the score. I asked my guild “Hey what borderlands are we in?” They said “Green but we aren’t doing anything…just hanging out at spawn chatting because we own it all”. I logged off. So much for WvWvW in GW2 WvWvW is why I’m here…this is just sad.

Blame the guys on your server that kept recruiting more players when you got knocked out of tier one.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

Posted by: Kawwmoi.8793

Kawwmoi.8793

Anyone got a score update?

in WvW

Yerffejy.6538

JQ: 126k
SBI: 60k
HoD: 28k

in WvW

Posted by: RouletteVice.2850

RouletteVice.2850

Even in defeat, HoD is still being utterly annoying. xD

You must secretly be the champion grub, that’s all HoD is grouping up to attack nowadays.

in WvW

Yerffejy.6538

HEY

That grub is super fun to kill! And 1k karma? heck yeah! xD

in WvW

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

I just came back from our last battle at HoD Valley. There were only like 3 players defending our last fortress and I fought to my last breath… well wasn’t much of a fight anyway… it was so depressing.

People there just exchanging nasty remarks now… nothing going on at all… it is officially a ghost town.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Had some great fights against JQ this weekend. Judging by the sheer number of JQ, I feel badly for your long-time dedicated players. Queues must suck when you’re #1.

HoD… yea. Sorry guys, I’m sure you’ll put up a good fight vs. DR and Kaineng.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Wait, there’s a champion grub on the WvW maps?

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Sky.9347

Wait, there’s a champion grub on the WvW maps?

Sometimes they call me that when I play my Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: Valiev.3428

Valiev.3428

I’ve enjoyed the battles on SBI this weekend…I often avoid the zergs though.

Not badges in that mess.

gloryordeath.net

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Hope you guys are enjoying this week’s matchup. Thanks to the power of the auto-matchmaking (AND SCIENCE) we will get a rematch of JQ/SBI/HoD next week!

in WvW

Posted by: Xeeron.9254

Xeeron.9254

Hope you guys are enjoying this week’s matchup. Thanks to the power of the auto-matchmaking (AND SCIENCE) we will get a rematch of JQ/SBI/HoD next week!

According to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA IoJ is only 23 points behind HoD atm, based on current scores. Definitely possible that they will overtake HoD by the end of the week.

- Xeeron

Xeeron – Strike Force

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

@alanis

No one I know was “recruiting” anyone. The discussion on TS when we were losing was never about recruiting more people, it was about playing better. Not sure where you get the impression that we want all these people. They make those of us who are dedicaed , original supporters of JQ wait in queue, or in my case not play at all because I can’t afford to be in a two hour queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Kissbel.3475

Kissbel.3475

would you guys be a good match up for Sanctum of Rall

Arelis Caba [FEAR] mesmer pro
(Sanctum of Rall)
I Speak for my Self not my Guildies

in WvW

Posted by: Vaius.4376

Vaius.4376

Now this is World vs World! YEAH!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Boatswain.6918

Boatswain.6918

Are u serious Vaius? Thats what the Bandwagon effect looks like, ask HoD. JQ will be in trouble soon enough when more big guilds jump ship b/c of the influx of ppl.

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

Hey Vaius, I can’t help but notice you took that screenshot from Orr.

That is where I have been all week too!

Come to think of it, the majority of SBI’s WvW players have been just doing pve this week. Wonder why. Must be some new craze.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Vaius.4376

Vaius.4376

Hey Vaius, I can’t help but notice you took that screenshot from Orr.

That is where I have been all week too!

Come to think of it, the majority of SBI’s WvW players have been just doing pve this week. Wonder why. Must be some new craze.

Well gee, I wonder why Lamissa.

in WvW

Posted by: Raydaq.5421

Raydaq.5421

man WVW is SOOOOOOOO fun this week!!

We got our whole borderlands into a group yesterday (4 people) and took one camp. then 50 ppl showed up from JQ so i went back to farming in Orr and then logged out.

I can’t wait to get in and do some more!

seriously though, every match up is soo messed up this week…

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

It won’t change in any way. Many people from JQ will leave, many will follow them and in the next matchup you have a new fotm server.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Stenia.9623

Stenia.9623

This bandwagoning needs to come to an end, Before HoD broke up both SBI and JQ were becoming better and better each week and would eventually have beaten HoDs original force. Ever since then those guilds that have left have spread to many servers such as SBI/BG/Kaineng and possibly others but the one that got the outright mass of numbers was JQ with the non-guilded bangwagoners. Its becoming clear JQ is the new HoD and eventually the same thing that happened with the decline of HoD will happen to JQ as all the original guilds I used to see and enjoy fights with from JQ have dropped and there have been many forum posts about these people leaving. Which is now going to result in a new SotM (server of the month) which will most likely be ET/CD/BG/SBI or whatever and will destroy the server community that was built up, as its happened to HoD and is already happening with JQ.

Anet I know this same topic about “server transfers need to be changed” has been posted 100s of times, perhaps its time to wake up and do something yes?

As SBI is home to the ArenaNet guild I hope Jon Peters will accidently hit ‘B’ and see what this free transfers has done and finally make an action before it kills JQ and destroys many other server communities.

I miss the old HoD/SBI/JQ fights 1 month ago:(

“Jade Quarry overstacked in TKG timezone”

Necro Class Lead for Night Shift [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: Vortex.3604

Vortex.3604

Sigh well this is pointless. In tier 2 it got boring because we dominated and now its reversed in tier 1. Sad thing is i highly double JQ or anyone else is enjoying this either. Not like you can get any kind of actual pvp in.

What irks me is no word at all from anet regarding the free transfers etc.

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

As SBI is home to the ArenaNet guild I hope Jon Peters will accidently hit ‘B’ and see what this free transfers has done and finally make an action before it kills JQ and destroys many other server communities.

He was on last night helping to attack SM when about 100 zerglings sat on two dozen siege weapons on the walls. His exact quote:

“f these guys”

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

Posted by: scoobymode.1942

scoobymode.1942

HOD is going to drop down to tier 2 and be green if they get last place. Points and rankings do not matter what so ever or else HOD would have been green this match, but it is blue because it finished 2nd place the match before and if it had finished last then would have dropped to tier 2 this current match.
Going up and down tiers are about who wins and loses.
If you finish 2nd, then you will be in the same tier and stay blue, if you finish first then you move up a tier, or if you are the top tier, you stay green.
If you finish last you go down a tier and end up green……

Funny how people are still thinking points matter in how the match ups are.
Before HOD lost last match some people on our server said we would be green again if we didn’t get first, but we were blue because we got 2nd. If we had got last then of course we would be down a tier…
Hopefully people understand this now.

Points matter only for rankings, not for placing you in matches.

in WvW

Sky.9347

HOD is going to drop down to tier 2 and be green if they get last place. Points and rankings do not matter what so ever or else HOD would have been green this match, but it is blue because it finished 2nd place the match before and if it had finished last then would have dropped to tier 2 this current match.
If you finish 2nd, then you will be in the same tier and stay blue, if you finish first then you move up a tier, or if you are the top tier, you stay green.

Before HOD lost last match some people on our server said we would be green again if we didn’t get first, but we were blue because we got 2nd. If we had got last then of course we would be down a tier…

But… rankings are used to determine placement in matches…

in WvW

Posted by: Nuitaran.3608

Nuitaran.3608

Did someone say something about Champion Scrubs? Are they harder to kill than the usual scrubs?

in WvW

Posted by: chanw.1934

chanw.1934

The points are for ranking. If you havn’t notice. HoD is placed 2nd on 12th Oct ranking and thus, they are blue this week. HoD would be green again if they didn’t lose that badly for last week match.

in WvW

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

HoD here. It is so depressing its not fun anymore. This morning I spent about 40 silvers, ran back and forth between towers and depots and built 6 arrow carts in Durios and Langor.

They just swarmed us like nothing and took everything in 20 minutes. Everything! 4 towers and one keep in 20 minutes! /map Langor needs help! Now! for 5 minutes and nobody show up.

And then we end up running in and out of the invulnerable zone, poking red shirts to kill time…

This is beyond depression… I really do not know what else to say…

(edited by Sekin.7803)

in WvW

Posted by: Mordyth.9018

Mordyth.9018

WvW is all about population and 24h coverage.
It is funny to see some people claimed that their pro guild/alliance is the reason their server won.Of course i wont deny that, a big alliance is like magnet that attract lots of smaller guild and people to join the server and therefore give the server a huge population increased( and of course organized guild>pugs), but you gotta give your server’s militia some credits.
Without the noobs/zergs/karma train, you think your elite guild mates are going to win the 24h match?
If so, why not try this on HOD now instead of transferring to another huge population and good WvW server like SBI?
Too good at this game?Tired of winning?
Seeking for challenge?
Then why not stay on HOD? We are pretty much outnumbered like 10 to 1 everywhere and the queue time is instant on every map, aren’t this what you pros want?
Seriously though, why don’t you guys just admit it that you guys couldn’t afford to lose?
It is no shame to say that, really.

The problem isn’t the drop in strength. The problem are matches that do not reflect this drop in strength. Those in HoD might very well be happy in tier 4 but it will take you a couple of weeks to get there. In the mean time, there’s actually a decent chance you will be fighting JQ again! That is what makes things so comical. If your current match reflected where you obviously were at the end of the last match, you might stand a decent chance and then guilds like ND or whatever other TA is left there might be willing to rebuild. That the rankings and matches based on them are so slow to react to the very quick changes that can occur due to transfers just makes people want to leave even more. Asking people to stick around and be bored for weeks just doesn’t work. It’s not about losing. It’s about boredom.

Mithrull (TSym) Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Choices. Suffer a dead server that might very well still be in t1 for another week or two, move, or quit. Personally, the last one is looking better and better.

It’s too funny how HoD got wrecked population wise. Seriously, only reason we stay high on the server list is cus this is bot central where there is more bots than actual players in all zones.

On that note, can a whole bunch of either SBI or JQ pls log off enmass so I can come play with the ‘pros’. Thxs!

@mord. what you and many people on JQ fail to realize is there there is next to no Wv3 players left on HoD. You can’t re-build when there is nobody here to do it with. Seriously, every single major PvP guild has left. Sides, who wants to re-build when you can transfer to one that’s already established…like say, JQ.

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: Talesslaser.7813

Talesslaser.7813

Kinda funny what happens when SBI actually wakes up and tries again JQ. I’m pretty happy we did though, whats the point in just giving up because JQ is going to win on points or even if they’re going to nightcap everything? We can still beat them during our peak times and its worth points in the rating system. People who want to tank just go get an easy fight in T2 are just as bad as the people who jump ship to the server that’s #1 imo. Keep fighting SBI!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Dekar.2759

Dekar.2759

That’s not just “SBI waking up,” very specific guilds have been trying to coordinate during certain times which is why you will see one map do really good and several bad usually during prime time.

in WvW

Posted by: choob.4269

choob.4269

Kinda funny what happens when SBI actually wakes up and tries again JQ. I’m pretty happy we did though, whats the point in just giving up because JQ is going to win on points or even if they’re going to nightcap everything? We can still beat them during our peak times and its worth points in the rating system. People who want to tank just go get an easy fight in T2 are just as bad as the people who jump ship to the server that’s #1 imo. Keep fighting SBI!

SBI didn’t really wake up, it’s basically a repeat of HoD 3-4 weeks ago where JQQ started gaining ground because HoD didn’t a hoot. If you’re up 100k-200k points why bother trying? It’ll be 2-3 days of JQQ not defending anything before SBI catches up in points.

80 Human Mesmer
80 Sylvari Ranger
Both got nerfed. Yay

in WvW

Posted by: Talesslaser.7813

Talesslaser.7813

That’s not just “SBI waking up,” very specific guilds have been trying to coordinate during certain times which is why you will see one map do really good and several bad usually during prime time.

I know alot of the guils on the server are teaming up like always, I’m just saying we shouldn’t quit just because JQ is winning like every other server in every other tier complains about. The points mean something even if we’re not winning.

in WvW

Posted by: Dekar.2759

Dekar.2759

Well I certainly can’t speak for the rest but it’s a flawed design to be honest, you can’t expect population spreading if there are no time bottle necks so there will always be 1 24/7 server and the rest just have to settle with kicking kitten during certain times.

in WvW

Posted by: Utico.6908

Utico.6908

Henge is pretty much gone now.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I know alot of the guils on the server are teaming up like always, I’m just saying we shouldn’t quit just because JQ is winning like every other server in every other tier complains about. The points mean something even if we’re not winning.

Good on ya bro, keep up the battle SBI. Fighting for the sake of winning a moment and not a score is where the true joy in WvW lies. JQ had a great rivalry against you guys back in the BWE’s before all the HoD powerhouse nonsense of our more recent match ups.

We can’t wait for ANET to make balanced servers and even match-ups for us so we’ve got to do what we can to make our rules and fun in WvW. I personally wont be logging into any WvW maps when my side dominates the score and when I do try to join WvW I’ll be sure to run around solo and die a lot like I normally do to provide morale boosts for my opponents.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Zauric.2981

Zauric.2981

Least this gives me time to farm the rest of my exotic set! :p

Zauric / Storytime – Strike Force – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I love it!

All the smack talk about HoD, the only reason it turned into a horrible server was because of Anet and their utterly short sighted free transfers.

Now JQ knows how it feels. For all those that were smacking talking HoD before, now you know. It wasn’t HoD players it was everyone from everywhere else that ruined the server.

Shame on Anet for continuing to let people just transfer to top servers. They should be blocked.

in WvW

Posted by: Klick.3651

Klick.3651

I can’t wait to see HoD in Tier 2. IoJ is stomping this tier though so I may not get to see them now. Looks like we’ll be coming to Tier 1 to get face rolled by the server hoppers. To bad the devs feel like killing their own game with mass transfers on a daily basis.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

HoD will probably not do well in Tier 2, or any tier for that matter, at its current levels of participation.

Logged into our (HoD’s) borderland last night. It was me and maybe 3-5 other players. Same for EB. I would hazard the guess that the same was true for the other two borderlands as well.

Judging by our 15 points, I’m going to assume it is more of the same tonight.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Most of the team leads from SBI have been making sure that people aren’t burned out or worn down from the constant WvW. So the statement that certain teams are on certain maps at times would be correct. Plus, there’s a whole world of the game out there as well that you can farm for gold, which buys siege, which gets more loot bags to buy more siege!

In any case the team leads have felt as though that when you play during your time, go for the fun points and do as much damage as you can when you are on, that’s really anyone can ask. It is a 24/7 fight, if you can’t field all the teams to cover that and only look at the overall score, you’ll prolly get all nerdraged out about it. Instead, people are preferring to take the patient route and have some good competition while they are online. Oh and quieting those that cry in map/team chat, that helps squash negativity after they understand how the teams are working.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com