Jan 11-18 | SBI vs SoR vs TC

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

ughh, so Sor just got a guild in it with 9 commanders. Why dont you guys transfer over to 2nd or 3rd place servers -_-

Because SoR is currently 5th? :p

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Posted by: oltouch.2913

oltouch.2913

edited to clarify… Meant shouldn’t have transferred to, what it looks like, strongest server in this tier.

[EP]
Mag

(edited by oltouch.2913)

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

edited to clarify… Meant shouldn’t have transferred to, what it looks like, strongest server in this tier.

Don’t worry I know what you meant, was just bugging you. I tend to do that sometimes.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Well SoR was 2nd before this week in T2 and was for a LONG time. Not sure why you are complaining.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Well SoR was 2nd before this week in T2 and was for a LONG time. Not sure why you are complaining.

I guess because the scores easily reflect that SoR is currently already the strongest in the tier before they made the switch.

We’re used to this though, bandwagoners hop here and there, servers rise and fall.

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Yeah, I was wondering how long it will take some of BG’s guilds to bandwagon elsewhere. Was thinking it only takes 1 week of losing before a lot of guilds jump, and when they do, it is always to a server in first place on their tier. And, if paid server changes are coming, kind of puts a time table on the bandwagon.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Took this screen after I restarted due to the infamous audio glitch that gives you the lovely beeping sound. Lots of fun on EB/SBI BL, been really enjoyable playing against SoR/TC

Attachments:

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I guess because the scores easily reflect that SoR is currently already the strongest in the tier before they made the switch.

We’re used to this though, bandwagoners hop here and there, servers rise and fall.

Every server recruits. Paid transfers are coming, so if you are transferring now is the time.

If we are going to compete with SoS, we are going to have to increase coverage.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Well dont count out SBI.

If their Oceanics dont log into WvW in mass, then yeah they dontflip everything, however when their oceanics and such log in mass to play wvw they do have over whelming numbers compared to SoR at the time.

True the gap is becoming less, however it is still there.

Also some of SBI’s oceanics/EU’s do not play each day as 1 of their guilds only plays on specific days to avoid being burnt out on WvW in total.

When SBI gets them to come play the gap in scores is lowered. When its their off days the gap becomes larger in score.

So it’s really a 50/50 still.
——————————————————————————————-

On a good note for SoR we have got some new guilds into our server as well. (Also welcome to all if I haven’t seen you in game or caught you on TS yet.)
Glad to have you all here <3

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

Keep it up SoR. current score trends now have our evolution putting us up to 1st in tier next week.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Took this screen after I restarted due to the infamous audio glitch that gives you the lovely beeping sound. Lots of fun on EB/SBI BL, been really enjoyable playing against SoR/TC

delete your local.dat file in your GW2 folder .. documents>gw2.

Then let the game reload the file. It’s supposed to be your UI file only, but it grows daily. After a period of time it gets too big and becomes corrupted apparently. If it’s bigger than 15mb, that’s your culprit. Deleting it fixes the sound bug, but you’ll have to go readjust your settings once you log back in.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

delete your local.dat file in your GW2 folder .. documents>gw2.

Then let the game reload the file. It’s supposed to be your UI file only, but it grows daily. After a period of time it gets too big and becomes corrupted apparently. If it’s bigger than 15mb, that’s your culprit. Deleting it fixes the sound bug, but you’ll have to go readjust your settings once you log back in.

Wow, thanks! My local.dat was 42mb, guess that explains a little bit o.O

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in WvW

Posted by: vapor.3916

vapor.3916

We would like to thank SoR for welcoming us. The rebuilding of our fully upgraded guild perks is the hardest hit. That and leaving behind so may good people. We want to thank those who have contributed to rebuilding, and those still waiting to send. Moving servers is never an easy decision, but the folks on SoR made the move a pleasant one for us and I think we will really enjoy being here.

~Isaak
Commander
Hel(Helioz)

in WvW

Posted by: joocheese.6314

joocheese.6314

Keep it up SoR. current score trends now have our evolution putting us up to 1st in tier next week.

Let us not get ahead of ourselves. If we are to rise to tier 1 let us do so in due time, with sufficient numbers and most importantly, the the right people and Guilds. Having said that, I’m very excited to see our server growing and improving

Sammandar – Elementalist
Pain Train Choo [Choo] – 1st Class
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

Let us not get ahead of ourselves. If we are to rise to tier 1 let us do so in due time, with sufficient numbers and most importantly, the the right people and Guilds. Having said that, I’m very excited to see our server growing and improving

I didn’t say Tier 1, I said first in Tier. Score evolution has us a long way from Tier 1 as Blackgate is still trending up.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ughh, so Sor just got a guild in it with 9 commanders. Why dont you guys transfer over to 2nd or 3rd place servers -_-

Wait, there are guilds in SoR besides Choo? jk. I do give Choo props for having the best guild name I’ve seen.

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

Wait, there are guilds in SoR besides Choo? jk. I do give Choo props for having the best guild name I’ve seen.

We take alot of pride in it. We even /shout Choo Choo! when charging into battle

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

We take alot of pride in it. We even /shout Choo Choo! when charging into battle

Coolest thing Ive heard that happens on SoR!

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: oltouch.2913

oltouch.2913

Back at launch we had an aussie that led zergs (didnt have commader) thats name was pain train Miss that guy

[EP]
Mag

in WvW

covenn.7165

Yeah, I was wondering how long it will take some of BG’s guilds to bandwagon elsewhere. Was thinking it only takes 1 week of losing before a lot of guilds jump, and when they do, it is always to a server in first place on their tier. And, if paid server changes are coming, kind of puts a time table on the bandwagon.

These guilds that SoR gained were contemplating transferring before this match up when SoR was in second place ad infinitum. Calling them bandwagon guilds when SoR when were are not even through the first week of SoR potentially getting first place in this tier … well that is immature and borderline insanity.

Please be civil.

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

We’ve been looking for more Oceanics for, like, ever. And the few that have recently transferred seem to be more about quality than quantity, we’re not talkin large numbers here.

Also, bandwagoners? SoR has yet to be rank 1 in this tier, and we’ve only been the predictive rank 1 in this tier for a few days now. It’s a long road still.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

My post was mostly with regards to people flock to who is first in a tier. No mention of the new SoR guilds, as I read what had been said, they were already planning on joining, so good timing for them, and hopefully it helps round out SoR’s great play and improves their coverage.

What I was really wondering, which is why I posted what I did, is how long it will take certain BG guilds to jump to another server, who is first in their tier, whether it is T1, 2, 3, etc.

There are a few guilds, that used to be on TC, FA and CD that I’ve seen on BG before the upward move, that bandwagoned (imo) so I posted wondering how long it would be before they moved on.

Sorry, I took a tangent when I read the word bandwagon, guess I derailed the converstaion a ways back.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

(edited by Ubi.4136)

in WvW

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

Coolest thing Ive heard that happens on SoR!

Then you’ll love the train whistle we occasionally blow in TS when we do something awesome

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

My post was mostly with regards to people flock to who is first in a tier. No mention of the new SoR guilds, as I read what had been said, they were already planning on joining, so good timing for them, and hopefully it helps round out SoR’s great play and improves their coverage.

What I was really wondering, which is why I posted what I did, is how long it will take certain BG guilds to jump to another server, who is first in their tier, whether it is T1, 2, 3, etc.

There are a few guilds, that used to be on TC, FA and CD that I’ve seen on BG before the upward move, that bandwagoned (imo) so I posted wondering how long it would be before they moved on.

To be honest, I’m wondering the same. We at SoR were a victim of this with ND jumping to BG. I’m wondering if they’ll try to jump back at some point. I predict that if BG can’t gain ground over a few weeks we may see some movement from T1 to other tiers before the paid transfers kick in. This may not be limited to BG, SOS and JQ will be just as likely to bleed a few players who want a bit of a challenge.

in WvW

covenn.7165

I am ok with transferring to servers with a need or to seek challenge in a lower tier. However, transferring from the underdog server to the top server within the same tier is weak and the very definition of bandwagoning. The guild mentioned above that pretty much deserves to get trounced in T1 repeatedly.

in WvW

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

We are from IOJ, and was approached by members from SoR, they knew our guild back in the old days. We are a solid guild counting over 40+ dedicated members using vent to communicate. We just felt like its time to leave because we have too much burden in our hands meaning once we leave a borderland after turning all assets to our side, the other servers take it back. We love the community back home, but we are also looking forward to progress as a guild. I just want to show you guys excerpts from the fights we had back home.

Please watch in HD Thanks!

in WvW

joocheese.6314

We would like to thank SoR for welcoming us. The rebuilding of our fully upgraded guild perks is the hardest hit. That and leaving behind so may good people. We want to thank those who have contributed to rebuilding, and those still waiting to send. Moving servers is never an easy decision, but the folks on SoR made the move a pleasant one for us and I think we will really enjoy being here.

~Isaak
Commander
Hel(Helioz)

We are very excited to have you guys on board with us. Again, welcome to SoR and if y’all have any questions we have plenty of great guilds and commanders who will hook y’all up

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

I have seen you guys around a lot, and you are fun to fight. Who I see the most, though, is [Fear]. I don’t mind tearing them apart…but when they are everywhere it gets kind of annoying. Also sick of them only doing the portal bombing tactic…..(so many culling issues already…..)

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

To be honest, I’m wondering the same. We at SoR were a victim of this with ND jumping to BG. I’m wondering if they’ll try to jump back at some point. I predict that if BG can’t gain ground over a few weeks we may see some movement from T1 to other tiers before the paid transfers kick in. This may not be limited to BG, SOS and JQ will be just as likely to bleed a few players who want a bit of a challenge.

if ND’s past decision to jump to BG from SoR is a good indication, ND would be looking at JQ or SoS to transfer.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

joocheese.6314

I didn’t say Tier 1, I said first in Tier. Score evolution has us a long way from Tier 1 as Blackgate is still trending up.

You are correct, my apologies, I misread your post

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: split.3659

split.3659

Current Score Update:
Brought to you by [FEAR]

Attachments:

Cortugas Thane of [FEAR] Dominatore dei Morti
Necromancer Class Lead
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

Current Score Update:
Brought to you by [FEAR]

SBI seems to be aiming to close the point gap. They may soon overtake TC.

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

I foresee a tight race between TC and SBI.

As for SoR, we want to build slowly with community based guilds. We don’t want guilds to join our server because we are working towards T1, we want guilds to join our server to be part of our family and enjoy the game no matter what tier we are in.

T1 is not the goal, just the side result of good guilds working together. The goal is to have an organic sustainable server that provides its community with good competitive fights.

With that said, we aren’t in any rush to get to T1 and nor are we anywhere close to being T1 ready.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

in WvW

joocheese.6314

I foresee a tight race between TC and SBI.

As for SoR, we want to build slowly with community based guilds. We don’t want guilds to join our server because we are working towards T1, we want guilds to join our server to be part of our family and enjoy the game no matter what tier we are in.

T1 is not the goal, just the side result of good guilds working together. The goal is to have an organic sustainable server that provides its community with good competitive fights.

Very true, I’d rather be last and have an awesome community than first and be full of server hopping kittens. So far, I think we have one of the best communities in the game

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

I have seen you guys around a lot, and you are fun to fight. Who I see the most, though, is [Fear]. I don’t mind tearing them apart…but when they are everywhere it gets kind of annoying. Also sick of them only doing the portal bombing tactic…..(so many culling issues already…..)

We use a ton more tactics than that and are all very skilled individuals creating a very harmonious guild through well executed tactics…but appreciate hearing we are doing our job

FEAR wants to send a special thank you to the couple guilds who have came here to help during our overnight…we welcome you with open arms and can’t wait to have you by our sides helping SoR…thank you all

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Now if you were all naked war-painted Norns…..

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

Now if you were all naked war-painted Norns…..

This just gave me a pretty bizarre image in my mind. Basically a mix of Braveheart and Thomas the Tank Engine….. Not sure how that even works.

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

For those that were wondering, it takes 4 hits from a Legendary Defender at the SBI spawn in SoR, to kill an Alpha Siege Golem.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

To the TC “Realm” guild that just downed me in SBI borderlands, i think i made a fairly good last stand dont you think xD

Scores @ 7PM GMT

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Had some cheaters from Memento Mori guild screwing with SBI earlier from TC server

We were attempting to figure out if they were just jumping into the keep some how, but I got to watch them speed hack away while under the ground..so thats how they were doing it.

Funny, when we took SBI keep in EB, the same guys were in there. I was wondering how they were self reviving with no noticeable thief around(I know how thief works, I play one). I figured it was multiple thieves, guess it wasn’t.

I remember some of our guys in TS earlier saying that they thought they saw a TC guy under the ground. I wasn’t around them at the time, so I wasn’t able to snap a screenie.

You are all wrong on how I was doing it.
1: Wasn’t alone
2: Not using hacks
3: Lololololol you guys are silly

If that was you in the keep from Memento Mori, Then yes, You were hacking..

I don’t accuse people of hacking lightly, but the person who I saw doing it was stupid enough to pop Thieves guild then exit the keep at incredibly high speeds, Since no house stealth was done ever while in the keep, and the distance he traveled was far more then you can travel while stealth (no to mention the speeds) I can assume he was bloody underground. since they weren’t above ground or the sky.

Now that might not be you, but the person in that keep yesterday was most certainly cheating.

edit

It wasn’t this guy, This guy is an Asura, the guy who was cheating was Human

Yeah I’m an asuran and the other was a human. Neither of us were hacking. Nothing close to it in fact. I have no idea what you were seeing but the only thing I could think of to explain this was you triggering our Ambush traps causing those thieves to spawn at our location.

What you were dealing with was an orginized group of thieves and mesmers porting people into the keep. We would hide and stack stealth in order to res our mesmers. Nothing more. You just couldn’t catch us.

Next time you see us or others using similar tactics take a video or shoot some screen shots before you pull the hacker card. MM doesn’t hack we just outplay.

I will record video next time, You also weren’t hiding or stacking stealth because House stealth shows up for the opposite realm, So do Thief Traps, You also weren’t making the stealthing animation either.

As for the Ambush trap, There were 2 Thiefs, not just 1, They were fighting in a location and then instantly started following the kitten muffin who had summoned them, I watched where they stopped, I watched them move along with him…They were going speed hacking speeds, and the dude was under the ground.

Next time i’ll just record the baddies doing it…But if it was you, You know you were cheating.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guesting-is-coming/

It’s official. Guesting is coming on the 28th, with paid transfers kicking in at that time.

in WvW

Posted by: Skysophrenic.6378

Skysophrenic.6378

Heya guys, I just wanted to congratulate everyone here for not closing down a tier 2 WvW thread for… well, a while now :P

On another note – let’s all stop these hackusations, and instead ask “Hey thieves in _, how did you __” or “what did some of you guys do in ____?”

I really love these matchups and how the fights are going – all very very even in the beginning. While I know that SoR has pulled ahead, SBI and TC, you guys are still both worth fighting – you guys can definitely hold your own against us and each other. Look forward for the next few days!

Choo Choo!

Deep Fried Chicken
[Choo] PainTrainChoo
[Envy]

in WvW

Posted by: Dear Hunter.8365

Dear Hunter.8365

Personally I prefer shouting Choo Choo Motherkitteners and then I imagine I’m Thomas the Train Engine obliterating the enemies.

Dear Hunter The Colorful Charr Guardian
USA (United Sanctum Alliance)
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Don’t forget my famous phrase I say everytime we go into battle… “ALL ABOARD THE PAIN TRAIN”

Oh.. You also can’t forget the train sound-bits some of our members play in TS3 when we capture keeps/win big fights. It’s a blast being in [Choo].

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

(edited by TheDevilWithinU.7092)

in WvW

joocheese.6314

For those of us at work… Score update?

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

TheDevilWithinU.7092

For those of us at work… Score update?

Keep up the good fights folks!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Yama.9376

Yama.9376

Don’t forget my famous phrase I say everytime we go into battle… " Hurry up and rez we are close to our WP"

[Choo].

Fixed

Zibzab SBI
Pnt N Lol at Bndwgn Zerg Server[sOLo]
Zergling Hunter [ZILF]

in WvW

Posted by: Hills.6894

Hills.6894

Don’t forget my famous phrase I say everytime we go into battle… " Hurry up and rez we are close to our WP"

[Choo].

Fixed

lol word

in WvW

TheDevilWithinU.7092

[Choo].

Fixed

It’s okay to be jealous.

in WvW

Posted by: Javik.9086

Javik.9086

~Isaak
Commander
Hel(Helioz)

I am so glad that we can join force. Welcome to our big family!!