Jan 11-18 | SBI vs SoR vs TC

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I am actually kinda disappointed that we are wrecking and in 1st place now because we have bigger queues at all times.

wtf happened? There’s usually never a queue at 3am pst. If we had this much coverage before, it would have been SoR going to T1 instead of BG. Did we have a sudden bandwagon come our way?

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I am actually kinda disappointed that we are wrecking and in 1st place now because we have bigger queues at all times.

wtf happened? There’s usually never a queue at 3am pst. If we had this much coverage before, it would have been SoR going to T1 instead of BG. Did we have a sudden bandwagon come our way?

I don’t know, It seems you guys have a healthy zerg 24/7

So maybe ya do

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Not really bandwagon. We’ve been in talks with some guilds for a while. Some have finally switched. We’ve had two new comers who have helped fill the gap in late night coverage.

I should add that free transfers end on the 28th, so some guilds have started making their moves already.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

You shouldn’t be labeling people quite frankly. And if you do play on SoR, you know we have been actively recruiting for quiet some time. I don’t think anyone who comes here is bandwagoning anything when they are accepting our invitation.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

The only Queues I have seen around 3am have been in Eternal Battlegrounds. We were lucky enough to have some new faces appear to help us during the oceanic period as well, and they are a most welcome addition to the SoR family. I still don’t believe we have enough off peak coverage for Tier 1 though, EB may have a queue but we were still only able to field an 8 man roaming group in TCBL last night.

Thanks goes out to PiNK and Co for giving us a real fight last night in TCBL, good fights all round.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Bandwagoning only happens on other servers.

When large groups join what they see as a successful team, it’s not just to win, it’s because of the excellent community and recruiting work. I doubt anyone goes “hey guild, let’s bandwagon to the winners!”.

When you are on the server getting the bandwagon anyway. Semantics are often a matter of perspective.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Score update for us dayshift Ozzies plx

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I see…

Those guilds made the right choice xD. One upside of this is having the luxury of SM waypoint. Seems like I hadn’t been able to use that in ages.

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Score update for us dayshift Ozzies plx

Attachments:

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

I see…

Those guilds made the right choice xD. One upside of this is having the luxury of SM waypoint. Seems like I hadn’t been able to use that in ages.

One of the guilds actually came down a tier too.

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

SBI seems to be aiming to close the point gap. They may soon overtake TC.

Yes, they decided that enough is enough.

Probably because they could already hear the laughter from the GW2 community if they would loose to us, the role-playing-softies

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

I see…

So many times I have said “Ok Lets start porting the golems back to SM” to hear “Why dont we just waypoint them?”

By now I think we have held onto SM more this week then we have with all our matchups combined against BG.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ethan Mccloud.3218

Ethan Mccloud.3218

Gwen here again …

I can’t believe i forgot to welcome our Guests here in Tier 2.. Here at Hotel Tarnish Coast , we like to Welcome all that grace are borders. SBI it’s an honor to have you as are Guests this week and we look forward to many many many many Skirmishes. Being relatively new to this tier ourselves , SOR has shown us some great battles.
I have and continue to have the upmost respect for all that WVW. Takes guts To Represent your server and we never take that lightly.

I’ve had the pleasure of defending against many servers. and to be perfectly honest.. Each one scares the Kitten out of me . Nothing like that Thrill of seeing 2 red dots coming at ya .. then suddenly turn into 50. ( no escaping that ).. Or that Pulse pounding that courses thur your head as you try in vain to hold off a zerg with a single arrowcart while they beat down the very protection that seperates you . The awesome feeling of watching (dead on the ground) a well organised team set up seige in locations you never would of thought of an then systematically ripp apart every thing you built or paid for. (upgrades can hurt a wallet-just saying).
BG, SOR,SBI,CD, YAKS,FA These servers have taught me much and our guild takes a piece of all your knowledge an incorporates it whenever we can.

The talents of these players seems almost limitless in such a limited enviroment, which why We enjoy the battles so much. Now time for the Shameless Plug for the Guild…
If you would Like to join us in Tarnish Coast, {TSF} The Shining Force , would love to have you. We are looking forward to having a much bigger Presence in WvW and you would be a welcomed edition . If you would like details , feel free to pm me or send me a message thur forums .
in the meantime .. HAve FUn an Lets Keep oureyes on the real enemy.. Those darn Krait
Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender and part time chef At the Risen Chicken Cafe
located over in the ruins .

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender
Proud Member OF “TSF” The Shining Force.

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

Maybe becuse we are in first place a few of our server PvE’s are testing the WvW Waters.

I dont mind a Queue makes me more hungry when i get in

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Who is the Guardian on TC or SBI running the Sword/Focus? I want that build! It looks like so much fun

in WvW

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Probably because they could already hear the laughter from the GW2 community if they would loose to us, the role-playing-softies

Can i arrange to meet some of the role playing softies? The players i run into from TC seem to have all based their character on Gilles de Rais.

Ulfar SOR

in WvW

Posted by: Xilu.9341

Xilu.9341

I just wanted to acknowledge that both SBI & TC have some very talented players/leaders. I have had to eat several helpings of humble pie since this match-up began. I see some talk about people wanting SoR to work up to T1, but I prefer to savor this match-up for as long as it lasts. It has been some of the most fun I have had with this game. Thanks again to both servers for a wonderful experience. You are both classy and skilled.

in WvW

Posted by: Skysophrenic.6378

Skysophrenic.6378

As it goes – our 24/7 coverage has also been a product of lacking sleep and some very dedicated commanders.

Deep Fried Chicken
[Choo] PainTrainChoo
[Envy]

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Yawn, guess its time to put on bigboy gloves tonight, yall ready to box?

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

I’d like to say thank you to the Necro that handed my Thief his butt today dueling in the EB jumping puzzle.

You are the best Necro I have fought yet. I never mind losing as long as I’m learning. Thank you and the rest of TC for the good sportsmanship.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Posted by: Sins Vorkag.5218

Sins Vorkag.5218

Ye can keep yer trains..

we shall be keepin’ yer mudders, wenches, ’n rum cozy!

As we be knowin’ train conductors cannot drink o’ tha job..

Dread Pirate Sins
The Shadow Legion (TSL) for WvW and
The Shipwrecked Pirates (TSP) on Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: TIESTO.9058

TIESTO.9058

Who is the Guardian on TC or SBI running the Sword/Focus? I want that build! It looks like so much fun

If she was from TC and uses a candy cane hammer/sword and focus.. Thatd be me!

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

edited to clarify… Meant shouldn’t have transferred to, what it looks like, strongest server in this tier.

Don’t be silly, they should have moved to Kaineng.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

Now I’m curious… Hey Rose, what build are you running on that guardian? Is it a 0/0/30/30/10 meditation build?

- Frillip / Hella/ Lily

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

We have some European guilds trying us out before the 28th, so our population is a little higher than normal. If we can keep them, with any luck we’ll stabilise at rank 5-6.

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

edited to clarify… Meant shouldn’t have transferred to, what it looks like, strongest server in this tier.

Don’t be silly, they should have moved to Kaineng.

Kaineng is on the way up and is in too low a bracket atm. It is not the server you remember as being last.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

Bandwagoning only happens on other servers.

When large groups join what they see as a successful team, it’s not just to win, it’s because of the excellent community and recruiting work. I doubt anyone goes “hey guild, let’s bandwagon to the winners!”.

No one plays a game to lose. Very organized disciplined guilds can still win a lot of fights even on a losing server, so they often stick it out. But if they were losing most of their fights, they would make a change also. You also have a good number of very small organized guilds that can do well in 5 man teams, and the occasional skilled solo player. But one way or another, these people are winning more then they are losing, or they find something else to do.

The more casual players, the ones you need to win as a server, will generally go by if the server is winning or not.

As for community, that’s another area where people tend to think their server is better, but generally speaking it isn’t that much different from other servers in the same tier. I know from first hand experience for example that Sor and BG have communities that are roughly equal. Both servers commanders work together well, they both have fairly active websites. Sor has a much better teamspeak setup I’ll give them that. But things that really stick out and say one is vastly different? No.

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

I can’t remember if it was TC or Sbi you’re all red to me
I just remember having some really good fights vs a Guard that was going 1v3 using blind very well and I think they were using a shield and something else as the off set, with sword/focus main.
I did run into you last night with the candy can though. If I’m on my guardian you will see me with the punisher (2handed morning star) and energizer/shield set up from [gsch]. I’m running a 0/0/30/20/20 altruistic heal build at the moment but I have a sword just waiting to get used and was interested in the build.

in WvW

Indo.8629

Let us know what zone you’re in so we can come too.

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Lanthrudar.1437

Lanthrudar.1437

ughh, so Sor just got a guild in it with 9 commanders. Why dont you guys transfer over to 2nd or 3rd place servers -_-

Wait, there are guilds in SoR besides Choo? jk. I do give Choo props for having the best guild name I’ve seen.

We take alot of pride in it. We even /shout Choo Choo! when charging into battle

Coolest thing Ive heard that happens on SoR!

Then you’ll love the train whistle we occasionally blow in TS when we do something awesome

Train whistle? Pft, that’s nothing! Blow a train horn in TS, you know, the one that’s air powered and about 3 feet long? Then, then i’ll be impressed. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Lanthrudar.1437

Lanthrudar.1437

I see…

Did they come from BG?

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

I see…

Did they come from BG?

JQ actually lol

(edited by tkalamba.2541)

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I have only one thing to say. Where is everyone?

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Setch.2398

Score update?

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: Mortelle.7401

Mortelle.7401

Score update?

Here ya go!

Attachments:

in WvW

Setch.2398

Score update?

Here ya go!

TYVM!

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Indo.8629

Well I sent out a couple messages/tells for some organized guilds to come fight us in SoR, but no takers.

Sending out a public shout out, anyone/everyone please zone in and lets fight.

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Heck yeah!
-puts on boxing glove’s -
Where ya at Jed. I haven’t found you yet, I’ve only found Yulo.

wtf happened? There’s usually never a queue at 3am pst.

1. It’s usually only on 1 map.
2. People changed when they sleep.

James (Aka Purp nurp) and many others changed when they sleep so they wake in the middle of the night. Like the other night he woke at 2am Central.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Score update ……… el oh el

Attachments:

in WvW

Indo.8629

Score update ……… el oh el

The Great Wall of Rall has been built.

Heathens we challenge you to breach it.

80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Angry James is truly legendary.

Shout out to GSCH, you guys picked up your game this week. Great job!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

covenn.7165

..and an additional one for full effect

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Mortelle.7401

Mortelle.7401

How many rams are there? o.o

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

LOL what? this is awesome

in WvW

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

ps. i think they are siege cap….

(edited by muekung.2518)

in WvW

covenn.7165

As many as can fit between the tunnel and the bridge

in WvW

Indo.8629

Yeah we got siege capped, were trying to go from Hills to Bay, got stalled at the bridge to n00b island.

Now to build enough golems for everyone in the BL to sit in.

80k kills and counting

in WvW

covenn.7165

This guy is clearly PRO

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

I see…

Did they come from BG?

JQ actually lol

What guild transferred from JQ? Didn’t JQ already lose tw to sor?

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

The Great wall of Rall

http://tinyurl.com/anpn74n

25 rams stopping sbi from there tower

[TW]Tempest Wolves

(edited by Hoots.9564)